Some clarification on DME runs and gathering professions

Chimnaut1

Some clarification on DME runs and gathering professions

Post by Chimnaut1 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:45 am

I'm trying to figure out how to allocate professions across my characters with solo DME runs in mind. They already have engineering so that leaves one prof per character. I'm assuming there aren't any changes on this server when it comes to a warlock soloing the place.

What I'm thinking is:
Warlock: Engi, Mining
Mage: Engi, Herb

The idea being I party them both up, do the lashers with the mage quickly, herb what I can, then log onto the warlock to do the bosses and the RTVs at the end. I've heard mixed claims on whether or not those veins specifically are nerfed on this server, and in general if going for arcane crystals is worth it at all given the small drop rate. There's also the possibility of just going with Engi, Ench on the warlock and ignoring the last boss entirely. I've also heard I could just stick mining on a rogue and come in at the end with it, but I don't know if the time investment would be worth it.

Please help. dead_turtle_head

If anyone knows an alternative farm for warlocks I'm open to doing something else entirely.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Re: Some clarification on DME runs and gathering professions

Post by Xudo » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:09 am

I seen only one RTV node in DME. It is in area which is opened when you kill last boss.
So I'd pick herbalism as second profession, since you don't utilize mining a lot there.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Likaleo

Re: Some clarification on DME runs and gathering professions

Post by Likaleo » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:58 am

Lasher farm herbs have kinda low value. But it increases alot if you turn the herbs to potions.
My professions

Rogue: engi/alchemy
Lasher farm paladin: engi/herb

Then i just send herbs to rogue and make raid consu.

Arcane crystal value kinda low i dont think mining is good.

In the end proffessions can be leveled in a day so you can just try and if it doesnt work reroll