Wrong statue at new starting zone

Insiderdevi

Wrong statue at new starting zone

Post by Insiderdevi » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:37 am

Can we please remove Uther from the new starting zone?
Also, please remove his statue from Alah'Thalas. He has nothing to do with high elven people.
This is almost a bug.

Thanks.

Korval1

Re: Wrong statue at new starting zone

Post by Korval1 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:44 am

Their partnership with the Alliance has led them to honor him by replicating his image in their territory.

Vimgreen

Post by Vimgreen » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:58 am

Were they thinking it was supposed to be a reference to the troll wars? Or turalyon? Doesn't make any sense either way. This statue is specifically Uther too.
Officer of Dancing Boars
Hunter Main

Rejectedgalaxy

Post by Rejectedgalaxy » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:20 pm

Yeah, seems like a small thing but really I feel like they should either remove it or explain why it's there so we understand the intent.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:21 pm

Vimgreen wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:58 am
Were they thinking it was supposed to be a reference to the troll wars? Or turalyon? Doesn't make any sense either way. This statue is specifically Uther too.
Let's remember that most of the High Elves who are in Alah'thalas are Elves who remained with the defunct Alliance of Lordaeron, so it makes sense that they pay tribute to Uther and other human heroes along with their own heroes, Alleria for example.
Also, let us remember that the High Elf Paladins are members of the Silver Hand, whose last supreme leader was Uther the Lightbringer.

There are many reasons why the High Elves would pay tribute to Uther.
They might even have known the story of how Uther died trying to stop Arthas Menethil.
There is a plaque in front of the statues, I think depending on what it says, it will be right or wrong whether the statue is there or not.

Elisleris
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Elisleris » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:24 pm

For me that looks ok.
Humans taught high elves to be paladin, high elves taught humans to be mages and hunters. Without any names.

Vimgreen

Post by Vimgreen » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:40 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:21 pm

Let's remember that most of the High Elves who are in Alah'thalas are Elves who remained with the defunct Alliance of Lordaeron, so it makes sense that they pay tribute to Uther and other human heroes along with their own heroes, Alleria for example.
Also, let us remember that the High Elf Paladins are members of the Silver Hand, whose last supreme leader was Uther the Lightbringer.

There are many reasons why the High Elves would pay tribute to Uther.
They might even have known the story of how Uther died trying to stop Arthas Menethil.
There is a plaque in front of the statues, I think depending on what it says, it will be right or wrong whether the statue is there or not.
Ah fair, didn't think of that to be honest. Makes a little sense.
Officer of Dancing Boars
Hunter Main

Insiderdevi

Post by Insiderdevi » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:06 pm

A question to the people who justifies this:

Can you now explain why Uther should be in the center spot?

Usually, monuments of foreign heroes take a side spot along their national comrades.

Arduron

Post by Arduron » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:38 pm

Fairly sure that is supposed to be Ballador the Bright. There's also a chapel in the leveling zone called Ballador Chapel, and Ballador was a human paladin in TFT who led refugees away from the Scourge. It's possible the devs meant for Ballador to be included in Thalassian Highland lore, but i found no further mention beyond the chapel name.

Insiderdevi

Post by Insiderdevi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:05 pm

This statue feels off taking the center stage.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:15 pm

There are not really statues of helf/belf melee units, which is why he is there I think. Also it is not too weird that some high elves might think highly of the anti Scourge weapons that are paladins (which are traditionally human and something their own culture only recently adopted) after their whole race was nearly wiped out

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:19 am

I like that people start screaming about how wrong is this statue here without ever thinking about a context of the Third War, the Alliance's efforts in restoration of Alah'Thalas and strong pro-Alliance position of Vereesa.