PvP realm is great. Turtle wow is Great.

Spot

PvP realm is great. Turtle wow is Great.

Post by Spot » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:34 am

I put off playing Turtle WoW because I do not play on PvE servers. When I heard a PvP realm was opening, I had to come check it out.

So far I'm level 20. So far all the new content is (chef's kiss). So many little things you guys added are great. Like the anvil in Tinker Town. Wow! Been waitin for that half my life.

Music added is top notch.

Friend of mine had a questline brake somehow and had to put in a GM ticket. Got fixed in less then 5 minutes.

The risk of random encounters with the opposing faction adds just the right amount of tension.

The community seems to be tight.

I've been playing World of Warcraft sense Feb. 2005. I've been on many many private servers over the years. I was even a working GM on the Vanilla server, "Vanilla Gaming" for a year.

All that being said, my review so far for turtle wow is stellar.

Thol

Re: PvP realm is great. Turtle wow is Great.

Post by Thol » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:58 pm

Glad to hear it, it's nice to see a positive post for once. \o/

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:20 pm

Census graph shows you cope hard and population in a steady decline

Whitewolf76239

Post by Whitewolf76239 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:35 am

Server is populated in NA, and highly populated in EU times. It's a nice stable population, where after taking a gryphon you aren't getting ganked by 2+ rogues everytime after landing.

Blackbook

Post by Blackbook » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:11 am

Ataika wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:20 pm
thats also my experience with the realm. The idea was nice but u cant just throw a PVP-Realm out there and dont listen to players feedback. AV and BR both highly problematic. Class balances also very questionable. The pink wave in BG´s speaks for itself. Dead Battleground queues in every level bracket. No pvp challenges no incentives to join a BG on low levels. The biggest pro is currently the fresh eco on the PVP-Realm. The rest is very medicore taking care of or just ignored.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:24 am

Blackbook wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:11 am
Ataika wrote:
thats also my experience with the realm. The idea was nice but u cant just throw a PVP-Realm out there and dont listen to players feedback. AV and BR both highly problematic. Class balances also very questionable. The pink wave in BG´s speaks for itself. Dead Battleground queues in every level bracket. No pvp challenges no incentives to join a BG on low levels. The biggest pro is currently the fresh eco on the PVP-Realm. The rest is very medicore taking care of or just ignored.
My biggest concern is - upon pvp realm failure devs will make wrong conclusions and stopworking about pvp completely (not like they pay attention atm but might be even worse)

Blackbook

Post by Blackbook » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:46 am

Ataika wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:24 am
Blackbook wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:11 am
Ataika wrote:
My biggest concern is - upon pvp realm failure devs will make wrong conclusions and stopworking about pvp completely (not like they pay attention atm but might be even worse)
But if they dont care enough to make it right isnt it the right decision? Ofc it would be sad as a pvp player but the half baked thing we got now doesnt make anybody happy at all. So maybe they need to question if they want to invest in it or scrap the idea.

There was a quote from the staff. If we do a PVP-Realm we only do it if we can do it right.

And then they released the Realm withou significant changes or mentioning of any problems at all. So i guess that was a lie.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:37 am

If your expectations doesn't match to reality, then fix expectations. It is the only thing you can actually change.
Reality is that you actually get out there regardless of your opinion on it.

PvP server was a generous answer to fundamental flaw of warmode on PvE server and it is good answer.

Keep in mind that population now is so high, that you just can't respond to every whine on the forums and discord. If you attempt to, then it will lead to avalanche-like effect producing more and more negative feedback. You will spend enormous amount of time, you actually do nothing and people will still be disappointed.
Turtle devs decided to talk less and do more. They still doing weekly updates (which are actually quite large).

They surely have some internal list of to-do tasks which they sort out sequentally. I believe this list contain several hudreds of tasks and now they are working on tasks created last year.

So in conclusion: enjoy the game you actually get. Turtle is server about leveling and it is good. If you think otherwise, then think again.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.