I'm playing Classic due to the lack of dedicated Hardcore realm.

Joytothehorde

I'm playing Classic due to the lack of dedicated Hardcore realm.

Post by Joytothehorde » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:57 am

There is no dedicated Hardcore realm on Turtle Wow. Having both HC and Regular players on the same realm bothers me so much that I'm honestly willing to pay money for official servers.

If Turtle Wow had a hardcore realm, I would pick it over official HC in a heartbeat. Just throwing my two cents in there.

Mac

Re: I'm playing Classic due to the lack of dedicated Hardcore realm.

Post by Mac » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:07 am

Yes please.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:10 am

I have a theory. Turtle devs are paid blizzard employees and they don't add some highly requested "retail-like" features to encourage people to play official servers.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:40 am

Honestly, in my brief experience, the official servers were fine. Just some plain old classic era with hardcore and a pretty laid back casual ruleset, surprisingly friendly and helpful community. I'd argue better than current turtle, even. That's just my two cents though. Plus, turtle's got a lot of content blizzard servers don't have, so there's that to take into consideration.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:16 am

I hope they never create dedicated HC realms. The HC population is the primary reason the whole world is populated at all times and feels bustling and alive, which is something we love about Turtle. There's only about 1k-1.2k HC, and their world would feel dead in comparison. On normal Classic servers, everyone stacks up in the endgame zones, leaving the early zones desolate and boring to level in. This is why having Leveling Challenges such as HC is a very good idea.

I have played both SC and HC, and I've helped players of the opposite game mode plenty of times and gotten help in return. There's no reason to just stand around and do nothing. People just need to get better at cooperating, group up whenever possible, and if there's congestion just create a queue. Turtle has reduced spawn timers, and there's A LOT more SC people than HC, so the problem here is rather impatience and a refusal to group up, rather than HC sharing the world with SC. Also some people are straight up rude and steal other people's mobs when it's clear that they were there first and are just waiting for a spawn. Help. Each. Other. Out.

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:27 am

Dannyp92 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:16 am
I hope they never create dedicated HC realms. The HC population is the primary reason the whole world is populated at all times and feels bustling and alive, which is something we love about Turtle. There's only about 1k-1.2k HC, and their world would feel dead in comparison. On normal Classic servers, everyone stacks up in the endgame zones, leaving the early zones desolate and boring to level in. This is why having Leveling Challenges such as HC is a very good idea.

I have played both SC and HC, and I've helped players of the opposite game mode plenty of times and gotten help in return. There's no reason to just stand around and do nothing. People just need to get better at cooperating, group up whenever possible, and if there's congestion just create a queue. Turtle has reduced spawn timers, and there's A LOT more SC people than HC, so the problem here is rather impatience and a refusal to group up, rather than HC sharing the world with SC. Also some people are straight up rude and steal other people's mobs when it's clear that they were there first and are just waiting for a spawn. Help. Each. Other. Out.
Helping HC as SC is strictly forbidden

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:32 pm

Go tell that to the PvP players who swore and swore that the PvP realm was a good idea and that they were going to have a surge in players and look...
The realms is emptier by day.
Stop asking for new realms and simply enjoy what is already there.

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:49 pm

The HC realm would’ve been the way to go rather than the PvP server. There is already a dedicated player base that would grow (rather than the imagined PvP one). And the LFT function would finally actually work. Just using the /who function and knowing everyone is HC would be great. The now defunct guild of Still Alive would finally have reason to be gone. I could continue.

The devs added Inferno mode to satisfy a tiny fraction of players. They could stand to play attention to the HC crowd in general, which seems to be the most dedicated player base on the server.

Unchallenged

Post by Unchallenged » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:18 pm

++ To Only HC Realm.

"the whole world is populated at all times and feels bustling and alive, which is something we love about Turtle. There's only about 1k-1.2k HC, and their world would feel dead in comparison"

PvP Server at times has 100 people logged on.

I'm sure there would be 100-200+ people willing to play on a 100% full on hc server.

I think people should ask yourself...

If HC Server;
Would the same +-5 lvs restrictions apply?
Would Auction house be disabled?
How about mail between players?
Streaming On YouTube Here

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:31 pm

Ashstache wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:27 am
Dannyp92 wrote:

Not quite right. Multiboxing while a character is in HC mode is forbidden. So helping your own HC with your own SC char is forbidden. Helping out a HC char from someone else is allowed. (If they haven't changed it at some point.)

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:08 pm

telabim is anyway almost emtpy, how about turning it into a harcore realm hxbrid. it would look like this
1. hc quest gets enabled on telabim, disabled on nordanar
2. the moment you accept the hardcore quest, you are pvp unflagged, hc chars by default are treated as pve characters
3. hc pve chars get the option to crossfaction play
4. hc chars get the option to enable warmode to opt back into pvp
5. hc chars at 60 do not become immortal, instead inferno moe is the default
6. everyone on telabim gets the option to trasfer over to nordanar at any point IN LIFE if they like, hc chars become non hc when transfering, regular pvp non hc chars become pve chars on nordanar.

probably in details way to complicated to make it work thought

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 pm

Not a HC player but I agree, having a HC-only server would make a lot of sense.

More so than the PvP one.

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:26 am

Zulnam wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 pm
Not a HC player but I agree, having a HC-only server would make a lot of sense.

More so than the PvP one.
Agreed.

Leojje

Post by Leojje » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:46 pm

Playing on a HC server as a HC player also just feels better since you know everyone is undergoing the same challenge. Plus not having to compete with normal players who i cant even group with for quest drops is a plus for both sides.

Glaive

Post by Glaive » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:35 pm

I agree. I can't stand playing on the realm where HC is mixed in with non-HC. For a while I did play on the Bliz HC servers and it was a much better experience when everyone on the server was HC.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:25 pm

Leojje wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:46 pm
Playing on a HC server as a HC player also just feels better since you know everyone is undergoing the same challenge. Plus not having to compete with normal players who i cant even group with for quest drops is a plus for both sides.
It's the same for me, just the other way around. I like to play with other players and it is basically only possible to play against hc players as non hc, which is kind of sad.

Leojje

Post by Leojje » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:03 pm

Can anyone guess how many HC are playing? I doubt it’s 86k like on the website lol

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Tue May 07, 2024 9:41 pm

Sylveria wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:31 pm
Ashstache wrote:
Dannyp92 wrote:

Not quite right. Multiboxing while a character is in HC mode is forbidden. So helping your own HC with your own SC char is forbidden. Helping out a HC char from someone else is allowed. (If they haven't changed it at some point.)
Unless something changed between the months when I posted that and you replied, it is absolutely not allowed. I had a GM stun and teleport me simply because I was questing in the same cave as an HC to reprimand me, and they thought I was killing mobs to clear the way for the HC.

Kurtosmurtos1

Post by Kurtosmurtos1 » Tue May 07, 2024 9:50 pm

Merge Tel'abim and Nord. Or even revamp Tel 'Abim into a HC real after moving the characters bank, mail, guilds and whatever. Then open a HC server with an option to transfer to the "main" server upon hitting lvl 60. Have it so that the lvl 60 can go to Nord at anytime. But of course not to transfer from Nord to the hard core server. The Hardcore players are literally ghosts before hitting 60 to the rest, normal players. Let the HC enjoyers have their little playground

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Wed May 08, 2024 3:42 am

Ashstache wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:41 pm
Sylveria wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:31 pm
Ashstache wrote:

Unless something changed between the months when I posted that and you replied, it is absolutely not allowed. I had a GM stun and teleport me simply because I was questing in the same cave as an HC to reprimand me, and they thought I was killing mobs to clear the way for the HC.
We're both half-right, because there is a strict non-boosting policie for hc-chars. Just looked it Up. Cuz If every Little Random help would be forbidden, then good Night, it would hail a Lot of bans.