Diplomacy

Justifried

Diplomacy

Post by Justifried » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:49 am

Hi!

i was thinking it would be cool if diplomacy made pvp unavailable, no flagging either, like a true diplomat.
For rp reasons and to make it more of an option. It would really make my immersion complete!

Thanks for your time!

Parcival

Re: Diplomacy

Post by Parcival » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:58 pm

Because of our small population, being a diplomat helps break the faction gap. Yet some also want to PVP - since there's an actual toggling on/off of said PVP option, it shouldn't be a bother. Just don't toggle it and you'll be fine.

Justifried

Post by Justifried » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:40 pm

I understand that.

Just doesn't make sense for a diplomat to willing take part in frontline war like warsong or arathi... that's why it feels like having it limit your pvp potential worthwhile. since the pendant is free at anytime anyways. or maybe just for hardcore players?

all the best.

Parcival

Post by Parcival » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:01 pm

It'd be an inconvenience not worth the hassle - if I can get the item, which allows me cross-faction interaction, at any given time, then why bother deleting it? I'd just have to get to the NPC again, rinse and repeat each time someone would want to PVP. If the option to toggle PVP on/off exists, this should be of no issue at all.

Justifried

Post by Justifried » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:15 pm

i'm just looking at it as it is within the world it's in, that's all. why would a diplomat fight in pvp, just seems strange to me. Maybe if it was available at lvl 20 the player will feel more immsered in the world at that point and decide to x-faction or not. I'm not trying to be a hassle it just felt a little 'out of place' for me at lvl 1 to go "oh wow i see the folly of my entire faction, i'll team up" when that was more of a burning crusade thing. I think it's really cool to x-faction, i'm not saying get rid of it, just make it more believable in the world.

Justifried

Post by Justifried » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Or maybe it would be cool it was like reputation, more diplomacy (more x-faction groups and quests you do) rank you get the more it'll open up to you. that would be awesome i think!

An Exatled Diplomat - possible title unlock :D

Just dont feel like i earned it...