Tel’Abim and Nordanaar!

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

Tel’Abim and Nordanaar!

Post by Akalix » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:49 pm

Greetings, everyone! We have a brief announcement regarding our new realm, Tel'Abim, as well as an update for our main realm.

Tel'Abim will feature a small handful of rule adjustments due to the inherent differences between a PvE and PvP serve:
  • The largest of which will be the complete banning of multiboxing on our new realm. The **only** situation in which people may multibox on Tel'Abim will be for summoning alts.
  • Hanzi font support will be fully disabled on release.
Additionally, our progression calendar has been changed to the following:
  • Phase 1: 4 months.
  • Phase 2: 3 months.
  • Phase 3: 3 months.
Our main realm, Turtle WoW RPPvE will also be receiving a new name going forward. This realm will be henceforth known as Nordanaar RPPvE. This update will not be reflected in-game until Patch 1.17.1 due to the large number of issues which arise when changing a realmname.

Nordanaar RPPvE will also soon have another update on the removal of Hanzi support, as upon the launch of Patch 1.17.0 in our SEA Network, there will be less roadblocks for transfers from the European region to our Asian Network. It is already disabled in public, moderated channels.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Koronisz

Re: Tel’Abim and Nordanaar!

Post by Koronisz » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:55 pm

Akalix wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:49 pm
  • Hanzi font support will be fully disabled on release.
Based

Mettix

Post by Mettix » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:01 pm

hyped for the longer timeline. wish it had even longer phases tho. like 6 months p1 4 months p2 3-4 months p3 etc. but i guess this is better than nothing

Satirical

Post by Satirical » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:02 pm

Nordanaar as a name blows, i'm sorry to say.

Nordanaar RPPvE will also soon have another update on the removal of Hanzi support
Now we're cooking with grease

Xronis79

Post by Xronis79 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:45 pm

Will multiboxing be permanent banned or just in the beginning? By multiboxing you mean more than one characters from the same IP playing simultaneously yes?

Nhori

Post by Nhori » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:54 pm

A second account for summoning is allowed but not for trading yourself with a bank alt? I can't see bank alts hurting the game more than summon alts so why is that?

Sejo

Post by Sejo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:01 am

Multiboxing is configured from the moment there are multiple accounts open simultaneously, or do they need to be in some way 'operational'? For example, if you leave one account idle (AFK) while the other completes the quest for both, does this situation count as multiboxing?

Sorry for the question, I really don't know what exactly multiboxing is.

Williamson75

Post by Williamson75 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:35 am

Multi boxing is using two accounts at the same time on the same computer. If you and someone else on the same ip are playing that's fine. I play the game with my wife and never had a problem. Having your 60 follow your low level alt around isn't at least on the new server

Jamey

Post by Jamey » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:41 am

Sejo wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:01 am
Multiboxing is configured from the moment there are multiple accounts open simultaneously, or do they need to be in some way 'operational'? For example, if you leave one account idle (AFK) while the other completes the quest for both, does this situation count as multiboxing?

Sorry for the question, I really don't know what exactly multiboxing is.
The rules page explains what we regard as multiboxing:
Multiboxing is the act of controlling multiple WoW clients simultaneously. This can entail having multiple clients open on a single machine or utilizing multiple machines to control the actions of both accounts at the same time for combat or moving.

The ending is especially important for questions like these.

Jamey

Post by Jamey » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:42 am

Nhori wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:54 pm
A second account for summoning is allowed but not for trading yourself with a bank alt? I can't see bank alts hurting the game more than summon alts so why is that?
Read my post above. Bank alts don't violate this rule.

Turtlenitis

Post by Turtlenitis » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:39 am

Will WBs be available inside 40 man instances @Tel'Abim? whats with the secrecy...

Rnab

Post by Rnab » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:40 am

Thank you for listening and changing the lengths of phases. You guys are awesome <3

Paw

Post by Paw » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:44 am

You could just name the new realm MonkeyWoW.

Demoxu01

Post by Demoxu01 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:48 am

nice job for banned Hanzi

Turtlenitis

Post by Turtlenitis » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:52 am

So if I play 2 chars at the same time but the second is on follow and I swap windows to gain control of each character (but obviosly not both at the same time) does it count as multiboxing? I couldn't find rules post.

Mikeyhong

Post by Mikeyhong » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:02 am

turtle_in_love turtle_in_love You guys made a great decision! Really thx for listening what the most of people want! Respect!
Personally I wanna see if we have a discount at the beginning will be helpful. I have 2 reasons :1 most of us in Eu have had discount before, you know as economics stuff,sensorally to buy the stuff with original price is like to spend double. 2: most of us have spent some money on Nordanar (nice name) ,and we don’t have transfer to the new realm,as a new start is good to get the tool we have used before. And im sure it will encourage people to donate more.
Ps:this was a personal opinion,for me if have discounts I’ll donate without doubt. Respect for all you guys decisions! Ty for all of you guys efforts again! turtle_in_love

Luqj

Post by Luqj » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:37 am

Why still go to ban hanzi in old realm? Now the realm status is quite nice, no queue, no public hanzi, CN and EU players are separated due to time zone difference as well.

Sexpower

Post by Sexpower » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:46 am

Turtlenitis wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:52 am
So if I play 2 chars at the same time but the second is on follow and I swap windows to gain control of each character (but obviosly not both at the same time) does it count as multiboxing? I couldn't find rules post.
I'm wondering the same question

Bubamasteros

Post by Bubamasteros » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:54 am

Luqj wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:37 am
Why still go to ban hanzi in old realm? Now the realm status is quite nice, no queue, no public hanzi, CN and EU players are separated due to time zone difference as well.
Besides your time zone, there are others, you know... dead_turtle_head
Чел... Я баня-бочка.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:22 am

Sexpower wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:46 am
Turtlenitis wrote:
I'm wondering the same question
This is not allowed.

Sexpower

Post by Sexpower » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:07 am

Akalix wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:22 am
Turtlenitis wrote:
This is not allowed.
Even when playing as the main character, you are not allowed to help your second character complete a dungeon using two windows, right?

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:24 am

Ty twow staff for listening to longer phases. Wouldn't hurt to add another month :) to each phase.

Multibox ban is a good call. So lame for pvp.

Overall you all made some great calls

BR gear buffs
Region lock
Phases
Increasing players to start BGs

Gonna be super fun!

I remember you saying no xfaction talk but world chat in twow is so fun I kinda hope that remains server wide.
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:33 am

Luqj wrote:
There ist still quite a Lot of hanzi.
Can't say how many Times i tried to communicate with someone in a quest-area or being whispered at Random with blankspaces. It's frustrsting to Not be able to communicate with people. This is an english Realm! English isn't my native language either, but i adapt and speak/write english! All others should do the same!

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:54 am

Sexpower wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:07 am
Akalix wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:22 am
Turtlenitis wrote:
This is not allowed.
Even when playing as the main character, you are not allowed to help your second character complete a dungeon using two windows, right?
Don’t you think these two situations are almost identical?

Whilst, the TWoW staff’s definition is very clear, I can’t help but think multiboxers will always assume their actions aren’t violating any rules.

I think the official rules should be rewritten to state that multiboxing can only be used for banking/mailing or helping with warlock summons. Anything else will result in a ban.

Vision0228

Post by Vision0228 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:44 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:33 am
Luqj wrote:
Can't say how many Times i tried to communicate with someone in a quest-area or being whispered at Random with blankspaces. It's frustrsting to Not be able to communicate with people. This is an english Realm! English isn't my native language either, but i adapt and speak/write english! All others should do the same!
As if people understand all other non-English languages, why not ban them all except for English while we're at it?
This is an English Realm, as you said it.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:47 am

Akalix wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:49 pm
  • The largest of which will be the complete banning of multiboxing on our new realm. The **only** situation in which people may multibox on Tel'Abim will be for summoning alts.
Wow. Cool. Double-plus good decision. I am aquiver.

Seriously, why is this even a thing? And I mean that on the ("RP-")PvE realm, too. What's the defense, here? "Oh, this person controlling two characters has an advantage over my one character!" So? A Level 60 has a colossal advantage over a Level 20, but I don't see any rules against the Level 60 mutilating the Level 20 character.
Also, I'm pretty sure that in most cases, two relatively skilled individuals playing two characters can take one exceptionally skilled individual playing two characters. If not, add a third person in. Worse case scenario? Get a full party in to take care of the multiboxer! Surely, a multiboxer can be overwhelmed with sheer numbers regardless of skill.

Whether by intention or ignorance of vagueness, Blizzard lets people multibox in all realms. Why not you? This decision just seems silly and arbitrary, to me.
Satirical wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:02 pm
Nordanaar as a name blows, i'm sorry to say.
That's the name of a Night Elven town in Hyjal on this server. I'm not sure what "anaar" means, exactly, as it's kind of untranslated from "Astranaar" and "Dolanaar" (among others)… but the "nor" part probably means "Heaven", I guess. It should really be "Noranaar", though, as it's "Nor-drassil", not "Nord-rassil".
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:32 am

Vision0228 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:44 am
Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:33 am
Luqj wrote:
As if people understand all other non-English languages, why not ban them all except for English while we're at it?
This is an English Realm, as you said it.
Only Sith deal or think in absolute.
If it's in private between people who understand that language - but on an English realm, when chatting in public ( to me that includes /s and /y ) or chatting to someone you don't know where they're from (/w)- English - Should - Be - The - Standard !
The only exception on that is (and most would agree with me on that): Guild-Advertisment. Of course, there are people on the server who aren't good at english. With an Guild-Ad in their language, they can connect to people of their language.

Or explain to me why to ban all other languages to such extreme: Why should a Dutch not be allowed to talk in his language in a dutch guild or with a countryman in private?
If the chinese would talk chinese to each other in private or their guild: That'd be fine, but They are still chatting in Hanzi in public or are randomly whispering people in hanzi.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:51 am

Phase 1: 4 months.
Phase 2: 3 months.
Phase 3: 3 months.

<3
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Laolin

Post by Laolin » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:01 am

Full disable Hanzi meaning /say /y /w and /G in Chinese will also be banned? Please clarify further.

I mean on the rppve realme, not the new pvp one.

Brocube2

Post by Brocube2 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:10 am

Multiboxing ban is a tragedy,
a whole facet of the game we solo player enjoyed, 2man Dungeon was one of the most challenging, thrilling, exciting, rewarding experience.
So was 2man Farming, some call it unfair i say WRONG, it takes lot of skill and dedication to play and master 2 characters as 1.
Farming gold can be the most tedious aspect of the game, multiboxing allowed a little fun and liveliness in this dull and boring chore, and hurting in no way the economy.
Now i guess most of us will be back begging in the streets of Orgrimmar and Stormwind.
Terrible and sad change really.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:22 am

Brocube2 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:10 am
a whole facet of the game we solo player enjoyed, 2man Dungeon was one of the most challenging, thrilling, exciting, rewarding experience.
So was 2man Farming, some call it unfair i say WRONG, it takes lot of skill and dedication to play and master 2 characters as 1.
Farming gold can be the most tedious aspect of the game, multiboxing allowed a little fun and liveliness in this dull and boring chore, and hurting in no way the economy.
Now i guess most of us will be back begging in the streets of Orgrimmar and Stormwind.
Terrible and sad change really.
You are playing an MMO. I encourage you to find another likeminded player to do this with.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:27 am

Brocube2 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:10 am
There is downloadable repack of vMangos on the internet, so you can set up your own server and enjoy multiboxing in any amount of characters.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:38 am

Akalix wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:22 am
You are playing an MMO. I encourage you to find another likeminded player to do this with.
By that logic, you should ban multiboxing on all realms for all reasons.

Chekkumeito da~
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:07 am

Sheesh, wow you guys are amazing!

Those are some great news!!!

Balake

Post by Balake » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:15 am

Will the name change of the PVE realm cause issues with people's saved addon settings