Into the Scarlet Crusade

Rudi2

Into the Scarlet Crusade

Post by Rudi2 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:02 pm

That's right. We're trying this again.

I have written a rough draft for an introductory late-game questline to allow the player to be inducted into the Scarlet Crusade as a legitimate faction along the likes of the Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, Steamwheedle Cartel, etc.

---

“Into the Scarlet Crusade” is an alternative questline able to be taken alongside “In the Name of the Light” given by Raleigh the Devout after the “Down the Scarlet Path” questline given by Brother Anton when a player approaches Brother Crowley and is given the “Brother Anton” quest. “In the Name of the Light” has to be completed in order to unlock “Into the Scarlet Crusade”.
“In the Name of the Light” is still able to be taken by Raleigh the Devout and the Scarlet Crusade dungeon is still required in order to complete it.
However, in Turtle-WoW canon, the Scarlet Crusade is in stasis with players able to take multiple quests in thwarting the Scarlet Crusade and none which at the time of writing is canon, barring the “In Dreams” quest with Taelan Fordring and few discrepancies.

The “Into the Scarlet Crusade” questline starts where the quest “Brother Anton” finishes. While the player can still take “In the Name of the Light,” a new questline is unlocked by returning to Brother Anton in Desolace, starting with a quest known as “The Referral”. “Into the Scarlet Crusade” is ideally the questline to induct the player into the SC once the faction is available to be used in the list of intractable factions in Turtle-WoW.

---

Above is an excerpt of the introduction to the word document I composed, which also contains said starter questline.

If enough interest is accrued, I will continue writing and recruit other writers from the server to complete.
Below is some footnotes I have for the intro questline from the word doc.

---
Notes:
1. The Scarlet Crusade is exclusively a discover-able faction through Scarlet NPCs, Brother Crowley, Brother Anton, or even Raleigh the Devout.
2. The player can gain Scarlet Crusade rep even before this questline, when the player takes on Brother Crowley and Brother Anton’s quests. The player can get faction currency as a reward for these quests.
3. Scarlet rep can be gained during the “In Dreams” questline.
4. The hearthstone requires the player to be AT LEAST level 50 and will transport the player to the “alpha” version of the Scarlet Monastery but is completely revamped and “underneath” the Tirisfal Glades worldspace. This allows players free and open travel to the different wings of the Monastery as a quest hub.
5. Certain amenities like a faction vendor and a neutral auctioneer are available. Chances are a vacant wing will be used for player interaction like a “duel” zone and trainers. Considering a warlock trainer too in a reclusive wing.
6. The Scarlet Crusade can be declared war on just like the Argent Dawn and both can be killed for Scarlet/Argent rep.