Tel'Abim (PvP) — New EU Realm!

Chudman123

Re: Tel'Abim (PvP) — New EU Realm!

Post by Chudman123 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:00 am

Can we buy tokens for 300g that remove honor decay just takes a long time?
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Lliokolate

Post by Lliokolate » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:14 am

Chudman123 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:00 am
Can we buy tokens for 300g that remove honor decay just takes a long time?
then the donation will affect the game more than it was worth scared_turtle

Hitashi

Post by Hitashi » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:38 am

I logged in for the first time to say that faction restriction is the worst idea possible. You need to encourage people to play lower pop faction, not restrict the other one.

There are tons of people who just refuse to play specific faction, for multiple reason. You just force us to not play at start unless we are fast enough to create a character we want or wait for a lot of time, considering the “fresh” auditory it’ll receive , to create one.

The lack of leveling challenges is lame. Hardcore is not needed, but everything else is not hurting pvp server. If you’ll add it at later time - you again force people to create a new character just for the title or vanity item.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:00 am

Torta wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:54 pm
Edited post, including the following change. This change was planned but initially forgotten to be included in the announcement.
An automatic faction-balancing system will be implemented to prevent one faction from prevailing over the other. The server will automatically restrict character creation for a certain faction when specific conditions are met.
Faction balance can be broken by players themselves. If one side get lot of regular gankers, then opposite faction will suffocate because new players couldn't level high.
Restriction should be supported with some ganking protection.

While high-level effects of PvP server are good. Low level effects are not.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Sejo

Post by Sejo » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:02 am

First and foremost, I would like to thank the excellent work that the staff has been doing up to this point. The team's dedication and seriousness have allowed me to have an incredible experience playing an MMO that I hadn't played in years. turtle_in_love_head

I would now like to inquire if there might be a possibility of making the server progressive. The idea of progression would make the feeling of a journey much more real and enjoyable, in addition to keeping players more engaged. I could be mistaken, but most likely, the vast majority of players would prefer the server to be progressive.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:03 am

Sejo wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:02 am
I would now like to inquire if there might be a possibility of making the server progressive.
Please no. This world has enough progressive servers. There is no need in additional ones.
Have fun not only at 60.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:29 am

Maybe consider adding slow&steady :)
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:03 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:13 am
Paw wrote:I align with the way of his explonation regarding the challenges.
  • No leveling challenges: Slow & Steady, Vagrant's Mode, War Mode, and Hardcore Mode do not align well with the brutal reality of PvP realms.
What do you mean, "do not align well"?
  • The leveling rewards from "Slow & Steady" aren't that valuable. PvP doesn't give experience (unless something changed?), either, so that's not a concern.
  • "Vagrant's Mode" doesn't seem like it would be that much of a deterrent to the overall PvP experience. In fact, there should be a tier specifically for "vagrants". I'd love to see people do Battlegrounds purely with Whites and Greys! Hell, I'd probably participate! It might even make Battlegrounds more skill-based.
    As for World PvP? Eh, them's the breaks of playing on a PvP realm.
  • "War Mode" should be the default in a PvP Realm. Nᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴜɴ, ɴᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴅᴇ. But, the bonus XP should definitely be removed once players enter Contested Zones.
  • "Hardcore Mode" should remain an option with additional prizes, in my opinion. But, I like to see people suffer, so…
Charanko wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:29 am
Maybe consider adding slow&steady :)
Paw wrote:Slow n steady would certainly fit I agree totally and I suggest combining it with exhaustion by default.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:35 am

I am really interested how tents would look on PvP server.
Have fun not only at 60.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:46 am

Xudo wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:35 am
Tents are too easy to make imo; maybe cap the lvls of specific cloth used… like linen only from 10-20
wool 20-30,
silk 30-40,
magew. 40-50,
runecloth 50-60 ;
and the survival skill required to make them ofc
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:54 am

Charanko wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:46 am
Xudo wrote:
Tents are too easy to make imo; maybe cap the lvls of specific cloth used… like linen only from 10-20
wool 20-30,
silk 30-40,
magew. 40-50,
runecloth 50-60 ;
Regardless of material it would look like bunch of afk people with pvp flag standing in one spot.
Perfect target for any AoE terrorists. I wonder, will it be bannable or people will use tents less.
Have fun not only at 60.

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:32 am

Dragunovi wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:39 pm
Twinking wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:33 pm
No De-Ranking: Allowing breaks.

Maybe it's time to do the same on the main server?
Already the case.
what about pvp trinkets? make them the same for all classes that remove all control debuffs?

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:32 am

Please add in the leveling challenges on this PvP server. They're fun, are completely optional, and doesn't harm anyone or anything. Obviously HC doesn't make much sense, but again, it's completely optional. Do also add in Mak'Goras with a server-wide announcement and a betting system :D Strength and honor!

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:13 am

Whalemilk wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:30 pm
Harkus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:22 pm
Here is hoping it is not the beginning of the end for the Classic Era of Turtle
Why would that happen?
Abandoning old values (slow and steady, one server, community, lore), growing too big, C&D from Blizz. Classic+ is going to happen, it is probably why they got Metzen back.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:48 am

Harkus wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:13 am
growing too big
I apologize for the interruption, but were we supposed to enforce a limit of 1000 players on our server and prevent anyone else who wishes to play the game here from logging in, rather than opening additional realms in an effort to accommodate everyone and even split them by their native language groups?

Currently, we have 6 realms, soon to be 8, as not having those would result in a queue with five digits.

I'm just curious what's is this perfect solution for not growing "too big". We don't run any ads, we don't collaborate with streamers, we don't buy any reviews.

Mikeyhong

Post by Mikeyhong » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:11 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:48 am
Harkus wrote:
growing too big
I apologize for the interruption, but were we supposed to enforce a limit of 1000 players on our server and prevent anyone else who wishes to play the game here from logging in, rather than opening additional realms in an effort to accommodate everyone and even split them by their native language groups?

Currently, we have 6 realms, soon to be 8, as not having those would result in a queue with five digits.

I'm just curious what's is this perfect solution for not growing "too big". We don't run any ads, we don't collaborate with streamers, we don't buy any reviews.
He is just a pure fundamentalist, so he doesn't know how to welcome a new stage.1: I personally think that other challenges besides HC can be considered to continue to open. HC will make the server chaotic but other challenges will not. 2: In addition, can you announce the opening sequence of the dungeons so that people can plan their own paths more clearly.
Btw:thanks for opening the new PvP realm,im sure it will be fantastic,and wish you guys going super well!I’ll buy many stuff if it still have discounts when the realm opens,just like the new SEA realm .

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:20 pm

Mikeyhong wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:11 pm
In addition, can you announce the opening sequence of the dungeons so that people can plan their own paths more clearly.
The poster states that AQ/Naxx will be not available on launch. Therefore, I think we can assume that everything else will be available on launch.

Fresharugula

Post by Fresharugula » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:53 pm

Hitashi wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:38 am
I logged in for the first time to say that faction restriction is the worst idea possible. You need to encourage people to play lower pop faction, not restrict the other one.

There are tons of people who just refuse to play specific faction, for multiple reason. You just force us to not play at start unless we are fast enough to create a character we want or wait for a lot of time, considering the “fresh” auditory it’ll receive , to create one.

The lack of leveling challenges is lame. Hardcore is not needed, but everything else is not hurting pvp server. If you’ll add it at later time - you again force people to create a new character just for the title or vanity item.
Alliance is going to fill up immediately because of paladin and everyone is going to come the discord and forums screaming about how they aren’t able to roll their character

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:07 pm

Torta wrote:
Harkus wrote:
growing too big
what's is this perfect solution for not growing "too big"
To give an uneasy answer: If you make the gaming experience harder then the realm would invite more experienced audience and it would decimate the que that which is only growing presently. You may raise the complexity and make the gameplay more dynamic, more difficult.
To give examples, I'm thinking of setting duration time for things. Frequently changing tasks players have to do to maintain their position in military or hierarchy that carry consequences in a positive or negative way. (If you don't pay a fee at the end of the month to Sir. Banker Lilly will restrict you from using your bank.) During winter season snowy areas be harder to travel. I don't have enough knowledge on the game's algorithm to suggest changes that may prove entertaining and challenging as well while it is still executable in code by team. However these are the ideas I can come up with after sitting on the question for an hour.
Last edited by Paw on Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:19 pm

Paw wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:07 pm
Torta wrote:
Harkus wrote:
growing too big
what's is this perfect solution for not growing "too big"
To give an uneasy answer: If you make the gaming experience harder then the realm would invite more experienced audience and it would decimate the que that which is only growing presently. You may also think of it as raising the complexity or making the gameplay more dynamic but certainly more difficult.
To give examples, I'm thinking of setting duration time for things. Frequently changing tasks players have to do to maintain their position in military or hierarchy that carry consequences in a positive or negative way. (If you don't pay a fee at the end of the month to Sir. Banker Lilly will restrict you from using your bank.) During winter season snowy areas be harder to travel. I don't have enough knowledge on the game's algorithm to suggest the best changes that can be also executed in code and as well prove entertainment and challenge to players. However these are the ideas I can come up with after sitting on the question for an hour.
The saying 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' springs to mind...

Creating a more unpleasant (subjective, I know) world could not only dissuade newcomers, but also push out the established playerbase.

If your game is good, then more people will play. Can't truly escape this and it seems an unfair criticism to land at the feet of TWoW staff. The easiest way to restrict growth is to simply stop account/character creation when a certain target/threshold has been reached. I can only imagine how much of a ruckus that would've caused both internally and externally....

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:31 pm

Torta wrote:
Harkus wrote:
growing too big

No of course not. Everyone is welcome on Turtle. I am simply worried that the recent changes to Turtle will exacerbate the problem rather than alleviate it. Surely you understand that making the new server PvP and fresh will draw even more new people in rather than just spread the load between the old and the new realm? Having lots of (donating) players is going to draw the ire of Blizzard, especially when they are going to announce a very similar project to Turtle's.

And to be brutally honest, there are still many SEA players who do not use any English on the EU realm, what is stopping them from not also flooding into the new PvP server? There is no perfect solution. I understand it is a difficult situation but being lax towards non-English SEA players on the EU realm (they can enjoy the Turtle experience on the many SEA realms) and making a fresh PvP realm are not the solutions I would have chosen. But then again, I do not run a private server turtle_tongue_head I hope the choices you made will have been the right ones, time will tell. Either way, I have enjoyed my time on the server over the years, so thank you!

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:53 pm

Harkus wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:31 pm
Torta wrote:
Harkus wrote:
growing too big

problem
Who has a problem? Do I have a problem? Does the administration have a problem?why should someone solve your imaginary problems?

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:24 pm

Brandwacht wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:53 pm
lack of reading comprehension
There is not a problem... yet

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:21 pm

Harkus wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:24 pm
There is not a problem... yet
That's what I thought... a whole page of meaningless text

Sharonmarsh

Post by Sharonmarsh » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:24 pm

Xudo wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:54 am
Charanko wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:46 am
Xudo wrote:
wool 20-30,
silk 30-40,
magew. 40-50,
runecloth 50-60 ;
Regardless of material it would look like bunch of afk people with pvp flag standing in one spot.
Perfect target for any AoE terrorists. I wonder, will it be bannable or people will use tents less.
PvP isn't "warmode". On PvP servers, your flag goes away after 5 minutes of being in friendly territory without pvp'ing. Also, unless you actively choose to turn your flag on, you won't be flagged until entering contested territory (usually zones around level 20 and up).

Is there an estimate as to what time (GMT) the server will open?

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:54 pm

/radio channel for the win!

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:58 pm

Unless you're planning to do a racing stream where you play until Level 60* or something, I don't see much point in knowing the exact millisecond the realm opens. You already have a date. Just be patient and make a game plan for your oh-so-important rush to 60.

Just remember: no one stays on top forever. (;

* I don't recommend this. The World Record for Solo 60 on Classic is, at minimum, 34 hours…
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Jimmychonga69

Post by Jimmychonga69 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:08 pm

Are characters transfers going to be allowed from other servers or will this be a fresh server?

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:13 pm

Brandwacht wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:21 pm
That's what I thought... a whole page of meaningless text
Page? It was two paragraphs... forgive me for worrying, but who cares about longevity and future sight right? Enjoy your peeveepee server while it lasts, inb4 Blizzcon Classic+ announcement and the C&D letter sent to the private server with many full realms

Tiptoe

Post by Tiptoe » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:18 pm

The hype is real :DD

Sharonmarsh

Post by Sharonmarsh » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:29 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:58 pm
Unless you're planning to do a racing stream where you play until Level 60* or something, I don't see much point in knowing the exact millisecond the realm opens. You already have a date. Just be patient and make a game plan for your oh-so-important rush to 60.

Just remember: no one stays on top forever. (;

* I don't recommend this. The World Record for Solo 60 on Classic is, at minimum, 34 hours…
What a horrible take. Not everyone is on server time/GMT or even close to it. Therefore, it would be nice to know when I can expect to reserve my name before a lvl 1 warrior takes and sits on it for years. For some of us that may mean some odd hour like 3 or 4am.

In addition, several of my friends and I are looking into possibly taking the day off depending if the launch time coincides with our work schedule. Lastly, there will undoubtedly be long wait times to log on the first day, so it would be nice to anticipate when to start queueing.

I could go on and on, but honestly your comment about "not seeing much point" in this is pretty insane. Everyone who's asked is not being impatient by simply asking to be updated once that information is available.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:30 pm

The crew that jump to next fresh pvp server are very special creatures, its not only a question of race to 60, is also guilds recruiting players for fast lvl (12 hours++ day), spell cleavers in dungeons, min maxers... and after all hype ends they turn in raid loggers, till next hype begin.

The slow and steady ideia dont fit with this crew, maybe torta will name change to rabbit ;p
I wish best of luck to the new server, hope devs can sell allot of mounts to pay all this 7 or 8 servers, and if the new players that come in last months to pve server move to pvp will be gold over blue :)

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:41 pm

Sharonmarsh wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:29 pm
Not everyone is on server time/GMT or even close to it. Therefore, it would be nice to know when I can expect to reserve my name before a lvl 1 warrior takes and sits on it for years. For some of us that may mean some odd hour like 3 or 4am.
If you're worried your character name will be scooped out from under you, then maybe you should consider using a more creative name.
In addition, several of my friends and I are looking into possibly taking the day off depending if the launch time coincides with our work schedule. Lastly, there will undoubtedly be long wait times to log on the first day, so it would be nice to anticipate when to start queueing.
Have you considered… I dunno… not playing on the first minute, much less the first day? I know you're all hot-to-trot to get yourself situated on the new realm when it rolls out, but I don't see how waiting a bit is going to adversely affect your gameplay experience. All the same content will still be available on Day 10 that is available on Day 1. There's no advantage to getting in early unless you have some ulterior or selfish motive.

Sometimes, it's better to not be 1st at something. Reorganized. Reschedule. And most of all, relax. The new realm ain't goin' anywhere without you.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Sharonmarsh

Post by Sharonmarsh » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:14 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:41 pm

If you're worried your character name will be scooped out from under you, then maybe you should consider using a more creative name.
Right. Or I can just log on day 1 and get the name I want.
Have you considered… I dunno… not playing on the first minute, much less the first day?
I have, but I concluded that I do in fact want to play on the first day and also first minute. Sound good?
There's no advantage to getting in early ...
Except there are plenty. I outlined some of them above and your response was along the lines of "uuhhm i guess like uhm, just pick a diff name or whatever? I mean, just don't play the 1st day? Do/want something else"

Cool. Thanks for another one of your vapid replies.

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:44 pm

Harkus wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:13 pm

future sight
Do you see the future as a clairvoyant? I think they're all charlatans...