Patch 1.17.1 — Labor and Legacy

Kanto123

Re: Patch 1.17.1 — Work in progress!

Post by Kanto123 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:50 pm

Jombo wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:49 am
Itorch100 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:49 pm
The content is looking good, but may I suggest (from looking at the goblin zone screenshot) to be moderate with the ground elevation? It's the same gripe I have with some Gilneas areas, making it feel bit unnaturally jagged. Other than that, amazing job, and super excited to see what's coming!
I second this. Devs have had a tendency to be too scared of leaving large areas more plain and smoothened. As a terrainer in Warcraft 3, I really understand this issue from the designer's perspective, but I think Devs need to look more at the terrain ingame or from a character camera to really understand that many well-working, good-looking zones in Vanilla actually have quite large, plain/flat areas (Elwynn, Westfall, Mulgore, Barrens, just to name a few). I agree with you that it's also a problem in Gilneas.
I agree that in some ways there is too much jaggedness in the turtle zones, but overall I like it because it adds variety to the landscapes seen in the game; since we already have a lot of open, flat content in the original zones, the smaller turtle zones with greater elevation and higher density of enemies provides a new experience.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:25 pm

Updated :)

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:32 pm

Torta wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:25 pm
new character customs are available?

Pak5000

Post by Pak5000 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:37 pm

I love it. Great music in the trailer :)

One thing i would like to see ... please... some kid of gnome teleport device that lets you travel between the gnome reclaimation facility and ironforge without all the walking. gnome legs are small and that is a LOT of walking.

and if you ever decide to look a crafting ... if i work on recipe enough for it to go grey - all the other recipes i have never made should not also go grey. only recipes i actually make. but that is a column b request.

love all the custom content and the new music. truly amazing work. thank you.

Pak5000

Post by Pak5000 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:49 pm

any plans for survival to blend more with a/other professions ? gardening ?

maybe survival can teach you to be more immune to poisons ? or fear ? or to make traps without being a rogue ? a percent chance to calm a charging beast ? nothing game-breaking. something that allows for more role-playing .....

speaking of which .. maybe add a character bio screen for players that want to write a character history ?

and last thing i would looove to see... turn acheivements on ? i saw that on the wow-mania private sever and it really created more to do . so you can tale a break form quest and dungeons and set new goals for your time :)

thanks for listening.

Rinzzler

Post by Rinzzler » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:51 pm

I have a goblin, how do I change the appearance with the token? Ty all

1ripple

Post by 1ripple » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:16 pm

plz add auto loot its really annoying for pickpocketing. also theres a lot of settings that would be nice. is there any possible way to update the macros section to be more like classic without an add on.

Morgananeruda

Post by Morgananeruda » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:18 pm

This looks wonderful. Cant wait to use it.

Witchblade

Post by Witchblade » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:28 pm

Make this undead feature but with eyes for both male and female, love the jaws but the no eyes arent that cool

Khancvetan

Post by Khancvetan » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:31 pm

Can we have some shammy love? Some class balance? Shaman is really useless unless for wf. Therefore no point getting gear, just get to 60 and cast wf , this is your ceiling ... it's a joke.

Altrax

Post by Altrax » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:24 pm

Are any new illusions coming out like a ghoul maybe? Also keep up the great work! turtle_tongue_head

Frogbound

Post by Frogbound » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:18 am

I can't spot a new customization for the female gnome yet. Looks like the face I usually use :)
turtle_in_love

Gremmloid

Post by Gremmloid » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:05 pm

Are you going to finally fix enhancement and elemental shamans so they at least dont suck in both pvp and pve?

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:28 pm

1ripple wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:16 pm
plz add auto loot its really annoying for pickpocketing
Install VanillaTweaks for that. It's really easy. Drop VanillaTweaks onto WoW.exe which creates WoW_tweaked.exe and run the game from that one.

Mamekumaaa

Post by Mamekumaaa » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:59 pm

Any word on changing how spacebar/jumping works underwater? Instead of literal jumping it would feel a million times better if it simply made us swim up

Eclipse369

Post by Eclipse369 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:28 am

Geojak wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:34 pm
If I could ask for one thing, it would be please consider adding a second row of unlockable bank bags. If you open your bank you will notice that there could be a second row added below the current 6 unlockable bags. The space is there on the ui.

Adding more cool stuff is cool. Adding future raids with arcane resistance needed is cool. But where do we put all this gear? Many players Epsecially hybrids that collect gear for all roles hit a wall at some point. And that is even with full 36 sizes shop bags.

A second row of bank ui space won't hurt anyone, it will add a nice extra gold sink and way to further progress our character and hoard happy tokens.

The current bags cost
10s, 1g 10g 25g 50g 100g
We can continue with
200g 400g 600g 800g 1000g 1500g

6 more expensive bag slots.

Many will rejoice. If you can pull of a functional guild bank, I am hopeful you can make this happen too, pleaaaaase?
I dont get yalls thinking.
Bag space in a virtual game is a crime against logic.
Give us infinite bank space stash tabs or as much as the game can handle
Increase bag space 5x
1g per increase for all

This is one pete peave with online games of such tactics.
In every other game, mod max space, zero weight. Virtual game, pixels, infinity if lucky - embrace it

Why celebrate tedium.

Usadapekora

Re: Patch 1.17.1 — Labor and Legacy

Post by Usadapekora » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:51 pm

buff protection paladin.plz!!!!!!

Fayt

Post by Fayt » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:02 am

New patch whennn? I want my new character customization options! Take my money, Turtle!!!!!

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:27 am

These new item models look so frigging cool! The modeling/texturing team did an amazing job! Can't wait to incorporate them into transmog sets. We need more unique item models, have you considered holding contests for it to engage the creative part of the community and to outsource some of the work? viewtopic.php?p=76108

Also, we really need a MogIt addon backport that includes all turtle-specific item appearances, so we can view them in a gallery and construct transmog sets in an easier fashion. Or even have it as a part into the transmog menu, just displaying all item appearances, even ones you haven't unlocked.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Borzy

Post by Borzy » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:57 pm

Undead paladin.
High Elf warlock.
Achievements.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:59 pm

When can we expect the release of this patch?

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:41 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:59 pm
The development is still in its early stages :) We will announce the release date once it has been completed and moved on to quality assurance and testing.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:21 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:41 pm
Whalemilk wrote:
The development is still in its early stages :) We will announce the release date once it has been completed and moved on to quality assurance and testing.
Also, is this patch going to be similar in scale of Greymane wall or is it just a smaller patch that adds a few things?

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:39 pm

Rinzzler wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:51 pm
I have a goblin, how do I change the appearance with the token? Ty all
Hyrag wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:32 pm
Torta wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:25 pm
new character customs are available?
The patch isn't out yet.
Khancvetan wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:31 pm
Can we have some shammy love? Some class balance? Shaman is really useless unless for wf. Therefore no point getting gear, just get to 60 and cast wf , this is your ceiling ... it's a joke.
Gremmloid wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:05 pm
Are you going to finally fix enhancement and elemental shamans so they at least dont suck in both pvp and pve?
Usadapekora wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:51 pm
buff protection paladin.plz!!!!!!
Stop spamming this post with stuff that is not relevant to the topic. Class changes are coming in a future patch, this patch has nothing to do with classes. Read the post before replying.
Whalemilk wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:21 pm
Also, is this patch going to be similar in scale of Greymane wall or is it just a smaller patch that adds a few things?
It is smaller compared to the 1.17 patch.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:21 pm

Torta wrote:
Whalemilk wrote:
Can you give us a time espectation? like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or more months?
It's sure the release will be the next year, but I want to prepare my mind with a time espectation, you don't know how I suffered waiting 10 months for the 1.17.0 after seeing the news in January of this year.

PD: Green eyes for High Elves and some body marks or tattoos please.

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:31 pm

More montains, less islands

There is a lot of non unsed space in azeroth between zones, make all that uselless montains into playable content, please.
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:00 pm

The Orc armor looks like an armor of da Orks Boyz in Warhammer 40k...
And I need to say, the dwarven armor looks a bit ugly, I mean, I know is in early stages of the development, but looks with too much detail for fit with the Vanilla Graphics.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:06 pm

GodDAMN those armor sets are sick. Got me hyped up to do whatever content they're dropping from now.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Silverleafeon

Post by Silverleafeon » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:58 pm

I'm super excited about the Goblin updates! Been wanting to play one for a while. If Undead were to get some updates in the form of less decomposition / no bones showing, that'd be cool too.

Also, any chance Transmogrification might become more accessible to players who are leveling, rather than just being an end game thing?

Calli

Post by Calli » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:51 am

Asdasdasdsa wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:01 pm
People will keep making bank alts if they're going to be 200g 400g etc

If 20-30-40-50 MAYBE they will buy them
No, because we have so many soulbound items.

Halionsi

Post by Halionsi » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:02 am

turtle_in_love_head
Last edited by Halionsi on Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Halionsi

Post by Halionsi » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:09 am

Torta wrote:
Whalemilk wrote:
Please make more places in the stalls for the hunter's pet, 3 is very little, I also think many hunters would like new tameable pets, you can do it like with eagles and foxes, the model is new and the pet's family is the same as in vanilla.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:09 am

Halionsi wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:09 am
Torta wrote:
Whalemilk wrote:
Please make more places in the stalls for the hunter's pet, 3 is very little, I also think many hunters would like new tameable pets, you can do it like with eagles and foxes, the model is new and the pet's family is the same as in vanilla.
There were rumors about tameable hawkstriders (tallstrider family) in new starting zone of high elves. Perhaps goblins will have something new too.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:34 am

Silverleafeon wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:58 pm
I'm super excited about the Goblin updates! Been wanting to play one for a while. If Undead were to get some updates in the form of less decomposition / no bones showing, that'd be cool too.

Also, any chance Transmogrification might become more accessible to players who are leveling, rather than just being an end game thing?
The "PG" undead skin thing is a great idea! There are actually such undead models made by blizzard themselves for the chinese version of the wow client, we can just copy the model from there perhaps?

Also transmog is quite accessible while leveling if you take the the time to farm the mats needed for the token quests. The trouble is that selling these mats is quite profitable so you might need to choose between poverty or style. Or just play in turtle mode, you get a bunch of transmog tokens every 10 levels.

I think the main problem with transmog currently is that it's bound to the item, so if you change gear often (as when leveling), you will need to spend more tokens. It should instead be slot-bound, which will make everyone less conservative with their tokens.
It will also let us make transmog sets that we can swap between without spending tokens (if we have spent them once to make the set).
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Halionsi

Post by Halionsi » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:47 am

Galendor wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:09 am
Halionsi wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:09 am
Torta wrote:

There were rumors about tameable hawkstriders (tallstrider family) in new starting zone of high elves. Perhaps goblins will have something new too.
Great, I'll come get a pet for the collection, I hope they will increase the number of slots in the stalls.
Blizzard has made great deals in the future by making it possible in the BM spec to tame Exotic pets, for example Chimeras or Devizaurs, the Turtle team can make, for example, Chimeras for Wind Serpents and Devizaurs for Raptors, I want to see this from the Turtle team, they are the best