Five Year Anniversary & New European Realm!

Mynamewastaken

Re: Five Year Anniversary & New European Realm!

Post by Mynamewastaken » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:57 pm

Torta wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:40 pm
Fresh EU Realm
Well now we're left on inferior server. Thank you!

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:11 pm

will the new eu server have cross realm bgs with the current one? or in the future if not at launch because bgs aren't very good as is so this would be the death blow for original realm

Satirical

Post by Satirical » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:35 pm

Eversongwoods wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:11 pm
will the new eu server have cross realm bgs with the current one? or in the future if not at launch because bgs aren't very good as is so this would be the death blow for original realm
The answer to your question was given earlier in the thread, there are not cross realm.

And the original realm will be fine.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:49 pm

are cross server bgs possible or is there a technical issue? i understand that cross server bgs wouldnt be fair because of gear but in a year or so once players are geared can it be done or not?

Djensen2023

Post by Djensen2023 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:50 pm

Delalama wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:00 pm
Please reconsider realm transfers, at least after a period of time for new players to gear up

Thanks
Or don't because who wants to be on the receiving end of a rogue with TF or Pally/Sham with Hand of Rag. Not to mention the damage to the economy that could caused.

Avagormertw

Post by Avagormertw » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:09 am

Why dont allow trasfer for new players? i have a 36 character, its not geared up and id love to change to pvp realm. It takes too much time to lvl up for adult person with family)

Ultizers

Post by Ultizers » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:58 am

PVP realm for TWoW with no x-faction is gonna be interesting.

1. Will world buffs return? it encourages world pvp
2. No shamans/paladins in raids together will make raids more difficult, which maybe justifies world buffs returning in some way.
3. Paladins are still overpowered and could make this server lean heavily towards Alliance.
4. Fun but OP items like deepwood pipe can maybe be nerfed just for the PVP realm if that's possible?

Sulfuro

Post by Sulfuro » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:01 am

Torta wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:40 pm
New EU Realm

We are excited to announce the launch of a new PvP realm on October 27th. Here are some important details:
  • The realm type is going to be PvP.
  • Hardcore Challenge will not be available on launch.
  • Any crossfaction interactions, such as chatting, grouping, guilds, and trades, will not be possible.
  • We will closely monitor faction balance to ensure a healthy ecosystem, using both manual and automated systems.
  • Transfers from current realm will not be available.
Stay tuned for more information!
So to place things as they are, you devs maintenance_turtle will launch a new P V P realm in a few weeks and eventually, HC will be available, alright alright....
Which means that those HC lowbies (level 10-20 or so) will be 24/7 at expense of any single level 30+ gankers waiting at the FP's in Redridge or idk, even SW, eventually turning the whole HC mode a clownfest....And you didn't even added an option to disable PVP on flagged HC's as a non-HC like a -5/+5 margin in the main server yet.... TWow dev team please wary_turtle

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:18 am

Torta wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:12 pm
Fundin wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:08 pm
Thank you for the update. Had I known there was going to be a new PvP server available to play on - I would have just waited and started leveling there.

Will transfers be allowed to the new PvP server?
No :)
thank god
its really a NEW server. that will be awesome

Vilain

Post by Vilain » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:15 am

Hey, turtle.
Instead of opening another pvp world, make better pvp season and it will be a world and there transfer all pvp players (with the possibility of transfer back). Or in the main world make a reset pvp + restriction on pve items or remove them altogether. Let pvp players try new things by adding new pvp things to the game....

Sulfuro

Post by Sulfuro » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:22 am

Hyrag wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:18 am
Torta wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:12 pm
Fundin wrote:
Thank you for the update. Had I known there was going to be a new PvP server available to play on - I would have just waited and started leveling there.

Will transfers be allowed to the new PvP server?
No :)
thank god
its really a NEW server. that will be awesome
Don't get me wrong, aside that HC goofy decision to even try to mention it on the new server, a whole F R E S H PVP non-transferable server is freakin good! turtle_in_love_head

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:45 am

Just ideas that might make it fun:

1. Allow people to transfer characters that are level 59 or less
2. Make transfers bring zero items, gold, rep, or professions(like terminator you go through time loop naked).
3. Allow EU xfaction BGs 1 year from launch date of PvP fresh. This would make it so the people here with PvP setup get to play pvp again
4. Eliminate all raids. At least for first year
5. Buff dungeon drop rate on things like felstriker and ironfoe and other great pvp dungeon items that are super rare
6. Remove honor decay but make it take at least 52 weeks of consist level 60 pvp play (15+ hours per week) to get r14
7. Allow people to vote and donate towards top pvp dev work
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:23 am

I think top tier raids should be closed (bwl, aq40, naxx). At least for a start.
Because it is easy to open them later. Closing raids when people already get items from raids will be unfair for newer players in realm.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:33 am

Nilay wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:16 pm
Only PVP then, no PVP-RP at all?
(Just to be sure)
I'm guessing not. Such is the way of "New Turtle WoW". But, to be fair, people (and companies) change over time. I'm not the same person I was five years ago. I'm not the same as I was one year ago. Some of my interests have waned and my focus shifted. And that's what's happening here, too.

That aside, don't let that discourage you from roleplaying on a pure PvP realm. People do it on Blizzard's Normal and PvP realms, allegedly, and there is, in fact, no rule against roleplaying on a Normal realm – or not roleplaying on an RP realm – either there or on Turtle WoW. If you want to roleplay, then roleplay. Just lower your expectations on other people joining in if you do so on the PvP server.

Oh, and interrupting roleplay scenes probably isn't a bannable offense on a pure PvP realm. That's the risk you take, I guess!
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Watterboy1

Post by Watterboy1 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:52 am

Happy anniversary TWoW!

I made my main character a couple years ago but stopped at level 2- then picked back up in February, got to 60, joined a great raiding guild; and its been a blast. I've met some great people on here and learned a lot about the game. Got me through some IRL hard times by giving me something else to focus on in downtime.

-new patch 1.17 is splendid! Great new items, zones and dungeons. I love the radio too, holy s**t. 9/10 patch (theres always room for improvement but overall amazing!)

-thank you for sorting out the realm/queue issues through this period of explosive growth. I know the tangled web is still being unravelled, but a few weeks ago it was unplayable with queues; and now its not even noticeable.

-thanks for the anniversary gift! 5 fashion coins <3

I hope you guys pat yourselves on the back for all of the hard work and continue producing amazing content. Theres always going to be negative ranting on the forums and in the community with a population of this size, but don't let it weigh you down- extract any useful feedback and take it as a compliment that so many people are extremely passionate about this project.

Cheers!

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:03 am

If you planning on any pvp changes, it's better to implement those before new PVP server opening.

Turtle wow is very popular, there gonna be tons of people at start, plus returnes that would like to check that, plus new players, especially from other private pvp servers and maybe classic.

Implementing PVP changes on a go, on PVP realm flooded with players could result in a lot of drama.

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:14 am

Super true. Would be better to wait a bit longer and get good changes at start
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:18 am

Five year anniversary is a perfect time to spit old players in the face... Gj
For all the time being you have been against fresh and pvp server now you do a 180 degree.
There is no more turtle mentality.

Prasica

Post by Prasica » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:39 am

YESSSS, Let's go. Finally EU PVP. IS IT JUST ME OR IS THE WHOLE DISCORD SUPER EXCITEDDDD

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:59 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:33 am
Nilay wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:16 pm
Only PVP then, no PVP-RP at all?
(Just to be sure)
I'm guessing not. Such is the way of "New Turtle WoW". But, to be fair, people (and companies) change over time. I'm not the same person I was five years ago. I'm not the same as I was one year ago. Some of my interests have waned and my focus shifted. And that's what's happening here, too.

That aside, don't let that discourage you from roleplaying on a pure PvP realm. People do it on Blizzard's Normal and PvP realms, allegedly, and there is, in fact, no rule against roleplaying on a Normal realm – or not roleplaying on an RP realm – either there or on Turtle WoW. If you want to roleplay, then roleplay. Just lower your expectations on other people joining in if you do so on the PvP server.

Oh, and interrupting roleplay scenes probably isn't a bannable offense on a pure PvP realm. That's the risk you take, I guess!
Man, 18y of roleplay told me that is a pure loss of time to try to do anything related to RP on something that doesn't have even the tag RP on it. My best experiences were on PVP-RP realms, my worst on PVP realms. So yeah, hard pass to try anything RP-PVP on a classic PVP realm.

Disrupting an RP-PVP event with pure PVP is not bannable on TWoW as it has been ruled (and thank god for that - spirit of PVP and all). I don't think we need special rules or ruling (that go far beyond the classic sets + pvp) for RP-PVP realm as RP-PVP is his own kind of RP and is less sensible to disruption, I am talking about it in a "spiritual way". When people see "RP-PVP", they will mostly think "A yes, those degenerates are here too!" and carry on, or even join the fun.

It costs nothing to add an "RP" tag before the "PVP" one. What is left of the RP community on the EU PVE server will not move (as they are dnd style RP players). There is literally no risk of destroying anything.
I used to play eagerly here.

Sejo

Post by Sejo » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:00 am

Wilczan wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:03 am
If you planning on any pvp changes, it's better to implement those before new PVP server opening.

Turtle wow is very popular, there gonna be tons of people at start, plus returnes that would like to check that, plus new players, especially from other private pvp servers and maybe classic.

Implementing PVP changes on a go, on PVP realm flooded with players could result in a lot of drama.
I agree with you. In the current scenario, Paladins outperform all other classes in PvP. This will likely lead to a much larger proportion of players in the alliance, resulting in an unbalanced class ratio. This will eventually lead to further balancing that will disappoint all those who invested their time in leveling up their Paladins.

Horyoshi

Post by Horyoshi » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:05 am

Will players be able to transfer donation rewards? I'd love to start fresh on the PvP server, but I already put a lot of money into my character on the current server. Don't wish to 'lose' that.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:16 am

Players can make faction imbalanced PvP server by constant ganking members of other faction.
Fresh people will join, get ganked in first contested zone and quit because they would not be able to level at all.
Moderating all complaints from ganked people will take enormous time from devs.
There should be technical solution to ganking problem: phasing low level characters away from high level characters.
Locking character creation for more popular faction would not be a solution, because gankers will effectively lock characters creation of less popular faction.

Things might not turn out that bad, but risk of suffocation of one faction by another should be considered.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Introligator90

Post by Introligator90 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:24 am

Pvp server great decision! Im exited and definetely back to turtle wow.anyone can send me a discord invite here?i leave few months ago and now cant joint dk why...

Sergarey

Post by Sergarey » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:28 am

allow the change of racial ability, so there would be no problem in being an alliance or horde, since the horde rules in racial pvp

Sejo

Post by Sejo » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:57 am

Darkevich wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:40 pm
Here in PVE realm, World buffs were not used in raids. It was compensated by having both Shamans and Palas.
Do you take it in account in terms of raid balance? Have you ever considered giving Palas and Shamans to the Horde and Alliance?
Thanks
Not a bad ideia. I like the idea of having classes tied to each faction, but thinking at the level of a PvP server and balance, perhaps this could prevent some future issues.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:26 am

Horyoshi wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:05 am
Will players be able to transfer donation rewards? I'd love to start fresh on the PvP server, but I already put a lot of money into my character on the current server. Don't wish to 'lose' that.
If you have unspent Turtle Tokens on your account, those should be able to be used on either European realm.

If you already spent your Turtle Tokens on a non-Hardcore character, then you cannot get your Tokens back under any circumstances. However, if you have a Hardcore character that died, any spent Turtle Tokens can be refunded.

And no, as stated before, there will be o character transfers to the PvP realm, right now. It is a Fresh Server, meaning that everyone starts a Level 1 with just their starting equipment and whatever they purchase from the Donation Store. Maybe once the PvP realm has an established economy, they'll open transfers from the RP realm. Just be patient.
Nilay wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:59 am
It costs nothing to add an "RP" tag before the "PVP" one. What is left of the RP community on the EU PVE server will not move (as they are dnd style RP players). There is literally no risk of destroying anything.
Considering that roleplay is always optional, I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't make it an RP-PvP realm. I'm just making assumptions based on previous statements and player interest. Most of the people rallying for a PvP realm made no mention of roleplaying. Just player-vs-player combat. So, conjecture leads me to believe that the new realm will be PvP instead of RP-PvP.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:29 am

Isvya wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:18 am
Five year anniversary is a perfect time to spit old players in the face... Gj
For all the time being you have been against fresh and pvp server now you do a 180 degree.
There is no more turtle mentality.
Indeed. The server isn't even population capped when all the Chinese are gone. And as far as I know not every Chinese player has gotten the opportunity to transfer yet; there are still a lot of Chinese on the server. I personally love a bustling server filled with people, and this change will drastically reduce the population which will also make it harder to create groups for content. And the PvP-scene will likely get killed off. So if you want to PvP, you're now "forced" to switch over and start from scratch, even though you've invested hundreds of hours into your favorite character. I'll quote Torta's comment on Reddit 7 months ago:

"Well, our core philosophy stands strongly against any type of "fresh mentality" in MMO. We wanted to build a server where a few generations of players could play together without burning out too quickly. I believe we have managed to achieve that goal.

Our players value the fact that they can invest time in their characters and their progress and effort won't be rendered worthless once the server has progressed past Naxxramas.

Our community has built a lot of history over years of playing together, and we wouldn't want to devalue it.

Opening a quick seasonal realm that would be merged into the main one is something we could consider, but not while the expansion Mysteries of Azeroth is still under active development."

I would be more OK with this change if we are allowed to transfer several months down the line when the server's economy has stabilized. I am a player that loves both Hardcore and PvP, so I'm not a fan of that my "Immortal" character will no longer (probably) experience much Warmode on the current server when all the PvPers leave.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:14 am

Hmmm, time will tell if this was the right decision. I do have to echo Isvya and Dannyp92's sentiments.

Well, enjoy it, Charanko ;)

I came here for the Warcraft III lore focus, the friendly community and the slow and steady style. As soon as balance starts to focus on PvP, like Horde paladins or severely nerfing/changing classes/gameplay in PvE because of PvP crying, I am done with the server.

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:16 am

Charanko wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:32 pm
Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Charanko must be finally happy.
Sleeping like a King BABY ;))

happy bd turtle :)
Well, congratulations smiling_turtle_head Don't you dare to camp me!

Spitfire33

Post by Spitfire33 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:27 am

Sad news indeed...

Ovaron

Post by Ovaron » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:13 pm

let me get this straight, chinese players havent even transfered yet and you already cater to the fresh crowd?
All those promises not worth anything, gotcha.

Please consider another Discord server for the fresh folk. Dont need to mixup the two "communities". Dont want to read about the upcoming balancing discussions and stuff.

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:15 pm

Ultizers wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:58 am
PVP realm for TWoW with no x-faction is gonna be interesting.

1. Will world buffs return? it encourages world pvp
2. No shamans/paladins in raids together will make raids more difficult, which maybe justifies world buffs returning in some way.
3. Paladins are still overpowered and could make this server lean heavily towards Alliance.
4. Fun but OP items like deepwood pipe can maybe be nerfed just for the PVP realm if that's possible?
Paladins are trash without wf totem in raids unless healing. With sor doubling proccs and Cs spamm you can trigger wf alot. This is the only, reason prot and rets are OK on twow in raids.
If I was class rep I would push for a cd on cs and sor double procc removed. Now we can buff and balance paladins in a way they don't get 100% better with wf totem as of now

Thougt the most sensible solution is dwarf shaman and undead paladins. From a crossfaction loving pve player point of view atleast. I do not value the faction conflict Thougt and don't understand its appeal or why having classes locked to one side gives any value

Likaleo

Post by Likaleo » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:44 pm

Can you make name reseve system that we can reserve names like 2weeks before realm opens?
That would also give you small idea how many horde and alliance coming to the server.

Traceloop

Post by Traceloop » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:29 pm

Any crossfaction interactions, such as chatting, grouping, guilds, and trades, will not be possible.
  • What about the auction house? (All of them/outside the goblin cities?)
  • Will we be allowed to play Horde and Alliance on the same account? (Not at the same time, obviously, but on most private servers, the answer is yes, as nothing is stopping you from creating multiple accounts.)
  • Will donation items, such as the portable mailbox and auctioneer, be obtainable right way? (Asking for my wallet...)

Honestly I'm looking forward to this. Whether people believe it or not, it's good for the health of the RP realm, too, because people who want an RP experience will be more likely to be around like-minded people. It's rare to see people RP in the wild anymore. I always appreciated that Turtle felt like a living realm you could come back to no matter how long you were gone because people simply enjoyed living in it and making their own stories in the form of RP to keep up on. It lost that charm once the population reached over a certain amount but I hope the draw of Fresh pulls people who weren't interested in the RP experience in the first place away from the RP realm.

I will also say that, imo, the Hardcore players have also been of detriment to the RP experience and should have had their own realm from the start. It's a fun novelty, but no so not fun when you are not Hardcore and no one wants to assist you, let alone talk to you, while you are levelling. Having to wait to kill a mob by yourself without help even though there was plenty of room in someone else's party sucks. I'm going to play on the Fresh PvP realm entirely because I miss interacting with other people early game and I'm so glad there won't be Hardcore there to prevent us from playing the game as it was intended to be played - socially. There is no shortage of Hardcore players so not being able to group with non-HC has not been a detriment to them - only to the rest of us.

And just to be silly, I propose the opposite of Warmode for the new realm - RP mode, where PvP is disabled just for you, you level more slowly and no one can group with you. /laughs