Five Year Anniversary & New European Realm!

Charanko

Re: Five Year Anniversary & New European Realm!

Post by Charanko » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:49 pm

Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:16 am
Charanko wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:32 pm
Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:08 pm
Charanko must be finally happy.
Sleeping like a King BABY ;))

happy bd turtle :)
Well, congratulations smiling_turtle_head Don't you dare to camp me!
No worries; i dont ussually kill on sight ;) … if ur not a paladin ofc…🥲 …or stealing my nodes 🤣
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:25 pm

Hi hope the staff can sell allot of skins and shiny mounts for the problems they gonna have with this fresh pvp crew.

Ok lets try to see the glass half full :) we have a few of players in RPVE that fit on the fresh pvp profile (SW beggars, gold sellers, bg's players doing crazy amounts of rep in account share or not sleeping , and many other exotic creatures).

If this creatures leave the pve and join the pvp hype can be great for normal players that enjoy the twow project.

Happy anniversary hiding_smth_turtle_head

PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywaBOMvYLI

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:32 pm

19 sep 2020:
Torta wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:32 am
This is a no. We made this server for PvE folks who don't like World PvP. I highly doubt they'd change their mind. Not worth time implementing :)
23 april 2023:
Akalix wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:04 pm
We are an RPPvE server. We will not change our core identity. If you're looking for a full PvP server, this won't be the place to find it unfortunately.
Good job, devs! Stay true! /s

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:56 pm

Skumbanana wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:32 pm
19 sep 2020:
Torta wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:32 am
This is a no. We made this server for PvE folks who don't like World PvP. I highly doubt they'd change their mind. Not worth time implementing :)
23 april 2023:
Akalix wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:04 pm
We are an RPPvE server. We will not change our core identity. If you're looking for a full PvP server, this won't be the place to find it unfortunately.
Good job, devs! Stay true! /s
Well, technically THIS server is still RPPvE. The other one is going to be PvP.

Solwitar123

Post by Solwitar123 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:59 pm

All my high level characters died in HC, will I get reward if I reach level 10 now?

Xudo
Has liked: 46 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:13 pm

I think that PvE turtle will eventually become HC-only server. Portion of HC players will rise up much higher than it is now.
More people will choose PvP server because you will be able to fight or group with everyone in the world.

UPD: Is it possible to add BC-style limitation on all enchants on fresh PvP server? I mean like "Only usable on items level X and above."
It is great pain to deal with accumulated low level gear with high level enchants on turtle-PvE server. But if you start fresh PvP server, it is possible to keep it nice right from the start.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Hazhap

Post by Hazhap » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:40 pm

Will you steadily release raids or will naxx be out day 1?

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:19 am

Torta wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:40 pm
On October 6th, Turtle WoW reaches an important milestone — 5 years of being around! We are incredibly grateful to every player in our wonderful community for choosing Turtle WoW as their home. It has been an incredible journey, and we are thrilled to be picking up speed!

Log in to the game during the next week to receive a special reward for dedicating your time to playing here. Please note that your character must be above level 10 to qualify for the reward.

Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall is Live!

The long-awaited content patch is finally available in the game! Discover the mysterious secrets of Gilneas, explore the enchanted woods of Hyjal, face new challenges, and uncover hidden treasures! You can find the full changelog at https://turtle-wow.org/gilneas For a detailed preview, check out Vrograg the Fishslayer's Survival Guide.

Everlook Broadcasting Co. — Goblin Tech & A DJ on Deck

Prepare for an bombastic radio experience in Azeroth with Everlook Broadcasting Co.! Featuring DJs Zappo Zapblast, Vrograg the Fishslayer, Dan "Leto" Hahn, and more, this new feature can be found on your minimap. Get ready to rock out!

New EU Realm

We are excited to announce the launch of a new PvP realm on October 27th. Here are some important details:
  • The realm type is going to be PvP.
  • Hardcore Challenge will not be available on launch.
  • Any crossfaction interactions, such as chatting, grouping, guilds, and trades, will not be possible.
  • We will closely monitor faction balance to ensure a healthy ecosystem, using both manual and automated systems.
  • Transfers from current realm will not be available.
Stay tuned for more information!
Will the list of PVP rewards be expanded? Or will it be the same PVE for PVP?

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:42 am

Xudo wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:13 pm

UPD: Is it possible to add BC-style limitation on all enchants on fresh PvP server? I mean like "Only usable on items level X and above."
Apparently it is. They put a lvl60 and above ilvl req on the new enchanted armor kits.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:01 am

Xudo wrote:
I think that PvE turtle will eventually become HC-only server. Portion of HC players will rise up much higher than it is now.
More people will choose PvP server because you will be able to fight or group with everyone in the world.

It is great pain to deal with accumulated low level gear with high level enchants on turtle-PvE server. But if you start fresh PvP server, it is possible to keep it nice right from the start.
On RP-PVP you can't group with hc, but on PVP, you can't grozp with the other faction.

Myeve102

Post by Myeve102 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:54 pm

Hello admin, do you have any updates regarding the migration to Asian servers?

Xudo
Has liked: 46 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:28 pm

Isvya wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:42 am
Xudo wrote:

Apparently it is. They put a lvl60 and above ilvl req on the new enchanted armor kits.
Rugged armor kit had this statement before before the 1.17 patch, but it didn't worked. I didn't tried yet, but the point is that limitation should be present on regular enchants too. Like +15 agility on gloves etc.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Xaxelpx

Post by Xaxelpx » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:47 pm

Dear Torta,

Is this new PVP realm going to be fresh in regards to the PVE content? A lot of people are interested in knowing if you plan on gradually opening new raids like in seaons of mastery (e.g. AQ20 with its opening)? Can you please provide any additional information on that?

Thank you!
Last edited by Xaxelpx on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:57 pm

Xaxelpx wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:47 pm
Dear Torta,

Is this new PVP realm going to be freash in regards to the PVE content? A lot of people are interested in knowing if you plan on gradually opening new raids like in seaons of mastery (e.g. AQ20 with its opening)? Can you please provide any additional information on that?

Thank you!
everything will be open day 1
everyone will start at lvl 1
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:35 pm

Charanko wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:57 pm
Xaxelpx wrote:
Dear Torta,

Is this new PVP realm going to be freash in regards to the PVE content? A lot of people are interested in knowing if you plan on gradually opening new raids like in seaons of mastery (e.g. AQ20 with its opening)? Can you please provide any additional information on that?

Thank you!
Source?

Darkevich

Post by Darkevich » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:38 pm

Charanko wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:57 pm
Xaxelpx wrote:
Dear Torta,

Thank you!
everyone will start at lvl 1
That would be super sad :-/ War effort is the most fun thing on classic

Jantsy

Post by Jantsy » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:29 am

It would suck if everything was open on day 1 because somebody farmed bug parts on a different server 5 years ago and having a new war effort would "muddle the server history".

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:03 am

I previously claimed a few short months ago that the opening never originally happened on Turtle WoW, but as it turns out, it did happen for Turtle WoW as a cross-promotional thing between Turtle WoW and Gurubashi WoW – at least according to this Reddit post by Torta. They were also considering re-running it on the main realm, but because of "player outcry and lore reasons", they decided against it. Go figure.

Honestly, lore-wise, it would be pretty rough to justify the "timeline rollback" for the entire world instead of just a pocket dimension. The only thing I can think of, right off the cuff, is a lame, cop-out excuse of "The Infinite Dragonflight have captured Silithus and sealed the Gates to Ahn'Qiraj! We're sorry, but we need you to gather supplies to fight the war a second time!" Okay, but why? If C'Thun and his minions failed the twice before, what makes the Infinite Dragonflight think they'd succeed this time?
But then… lore's pretty much taken a backseat to content in the "New Turtle WoW"… but, never mind.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Strabonn

Post by Strabonn » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:57 am

I am so excited about new realm, cant wait October 27th, need to set calendar alarms turtle_tongue

Volnutt.Saber

Post by Volnutt.Saber » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:42 pm

First post around here.

I'm also excited about the new realm. I don't mind if everything is open at day 1, but I'd prefer if it wasn't. Of course it would be harder to manage - but it could compensate (I think - not really sure).

One thing I'm curious is: why not a R-PVP realm? I thought it would made sense since the main server is Roleplay-focused. It would be cool if the new realm had some RP focus, too. Like an "alternate timeline" where the factions won't cooperate at all and the war is strong as ever. Since the main server has cooperation between factions, the new one would be the oposite, lore-wise.

Maybe I'm overthinking a bit. Anyway, I hope for a bright future for the dev. team and for the players.
Saber - Warrior @ Tel'Abim.
Volnutt - Paladin @ Nordanaar.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:52 pm

Volnutt wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:42 pm
First post around here.

I'm also excited about the new realm. I don't mind if everything is open at day 1, but I'd prefer if it wasn't. Of course it would be harder to manage - but it could compensate (I think - not really sure).

One thing I'm curious is: why not a R-PVP realm? I thought it would made sense since the main server is Roleplay-focused. It would be cool if the new realm had some RP focus, too. Like an "alternate timeline" where the factions won't cooperate at all and the war is strong as ever. Since the main server has cooperation between factions, the new one would be the oposite, lore-wise.

Maybe I'm overthinking a bit. Anyway, I hope for a bright future for the dev. team and for the players.
I like your sentiment, but the reason is clearly that the PvPeople will not care about respecting RP rules and enforcing them will be a waste of staff time sad_turtle_head

Pars

Post by Pars » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:43 pm

The PVP-server will die within two years. All the "F R E S H"-cucks will move on to something else by then. Those ppl are a plauge to p-servers. The thing is that they will play on the PvE server for as long as they wpuld play the PvP-server. It's as mush the fresh-thing they want. And in a few mounths, its not fresh anymore.

In short: Idiots.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:10 pm

some1 have said that wise phrase: "if you have enouth money you can call the whores to come your house".

the staff knows how pirate servers work, if they sell allot of cloud mounts to chanako followers its all good, make some cash with the hype... nothing new in wow vanilla pirate servers.

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:12 pm

Pars wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:43 pm
they want
the most important thing is that they don't want to endlessly level up of dozens of characters, beating mobs 5 levels below themselves with reduced experience, getting only a title as a reward and bragging about it (what else could be more stupid? smiling_turtle_head )

Hazred

Post by Hazred » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:36 pm

Xaxelpx wrote:
Dear Torta,

Is this new PVP realm going to be fresh in regards to the PVE content? A lot of people are interested in knowing if you plan on gradually opening new raids like in seaons of mastery (e.g. AQ20 with its opening)? Can you please provide any additional information on that?

Thank you!
I would also like to know that. My personal preference would certainly be towards a locked, naturally progressing server. The idea of a fresh server without transfers allowed doesn't make a lot of sense (to me) if everything is open from day 1, since the most interesting aspect of a fresh launch (a lot of people experiencing challenging content at the same time and being on-par with each other gear-wise) would be lost within a month of people rushing to get 'world first #2318 Naxx'.

But that's just me. I enjoy experiencing dungeons and having it as an actual adventure far more than rushing to the end-game, and I feel like the adventure aspect receives a lot more attention when there's not a long stretch of end-game content to rush for. The community plays more freely, without pressure. Also, since the PvE realm is already fully progressed, it'd just be more of the same. Still, understandable for a population balance. After all, isn't that the spirit of Turtle WoW? Slow and steady.

Whichever the decision, I'm sure the server folks will keep up an amazing job! Karazhan was great.

Logarr

Post by Logarr » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:08 pm

One thing is for sure, it'll be interesting to see how much the population actually shifts.

Wouldn't be worried either way, even if PvE went sub 1k players it worked put fine according to the veterans who played when the server was new.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:20 am

could the devs pls start answering stuff in this thread again :)

Sadness

Post by Sadness » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:37 am

World events such as the AQ Gate opening event and Scourge invasion Would it be possible occur on the PVP server?

Does the PVP server have a Hardcore mode ?

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:01 am

Sadness wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:37 am
World events such as the AQ Gate opening event and Scourge invasion Would it be possible occur on the PVP server?

Does the PVP server have a Hardcore mode ?
The PvP-server won't have a Hardcore mode. It doesn't make sense to have it on a Hardcore server. However, I would love if the devs would implement Mak'Gora on both servers, so that those who want a Duel To The Death can have it. If so, I think it should incur a server wide announcement so everyone can watch it (in the Gurubashi Arena for example). Having some sort of betting-feature for such duels would also be fun, so we have proper gladiatorial matches :D Brawler's Guild anyone? I also hope all other leveling Challenges except Hardcore will be available on the server.

The server most likely won't be a progression server, at least that's what the devs have said previously. It will be a fresh server with all content unlocked. Maybe the Scourge Invasion event will be replayed.

Jantsy

Post by Jantsy » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:04 pm

Fully unlocked is significantly less interesting than progression. If the goal of launching one day before Sanctuary was to eat their lunch (and it is, or it wouldn't be launching that day) then you're only going to get a small portion of those people to play. TWoW's custom content is great but it's not as good as a properly gated timeline, and 24 hours is not a long time to wait for "the better fresh."

Of course there is a very vocal group currently here that despises these fresh-chasers, who will say "good! let the losers go elsewhere" but, regardless of whatever tantrum anyone posts here, the devs are clearly trying to court them with this server and launch date. If they want it to be as successful as it possibly can be, they shouldn't let Sanctuary take the title of "the real fresh" within 24 hours of the TWoW PVP launch.

Hazred

Post by Hazred » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:54 pm

Jantsy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:04 pm
Fully unlocked is significantly less interesting than progression. If the goal of launching one day before Sanctuary was to eat their lunch (and it is, or it wouldn't be launching that day) then you're only going to get a small portion of those people to play. TWoW's custom content is great but it's not as good as a properly gated timeline, and 24 hours is not a long time to wait for "the better fresh."

Of course there is a very vocal group currently here that despises these fresh-chasers, who will say "good! let the losers go elsewhere" but, regardless of whatever tantrum anyone posts here, the devs are clearly trying to court them with this server and launch date. If they want it to be as successful as it possibly can be, they shouldn't let Sanctuary take the title of "the real fresh" within 24 hours of the TWoW PVP launch.
I really don't get what's the fervor about hating on the possibility of one (1) fresh Turtle server. Even official posts mention that, due to the age of the original one, they have to work on rebalancing pvp and certain things. That'll be the same fate of the new one in a couple of months, won't it? People will rush towards Naxx and get amazing gear and all balance will be lost. And I mean, it's not like Turtle WoW will become yet another fresh server that dies after a few months in exchange for yet another fresh server - it offers new, engaging content with more on the horizon. An actually locked server with natural progression would be quite interesting to explore because it'd give far more meaning and impact on plenty of lower-level custom content and even some high-level content, such as the new dungeons.

That's at least what I think :D

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:02 am

Maybe they would have to put pvp realm on a seperate launcher if its on a different patch. I assumed the asia servers would be on realms list but they arent there and also arent on this latest patch the last i heard. I'm really hoping the new server just pops up on the realms list does anyone know if it will?

Alexthefaded

Shaman and Paladin in PVP EU Server

Post by Alexthefaded » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:05 pm

Shaman and Paladin in PVP EU Server - Will Shaman and Paladin be available to both Factions or Shaman(Horde Only) and Paladin (Alliance Only)? @torta

Xerilin

Re: Shaman and Paladin in PVP EU Server

Post by Xerilin » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:22 am

Alexthefaded wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:05 pm
Shaman and Paladin in PVP EU Server - Will Shaman and Paladin be available to both Factions or Shaman(Horde Only) and Paladin (Alliance Only)? @torta
Why would they? Nobody has mentioned anything of the sort anywhere. Ever.

Alexthefaded

Re: Shaman and Paladin in PVP EU Server

Post by Alexthefaded » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:16 pm

Xerilin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:22 am
Alexthefaded wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:05 pm
Why would they? Nobody has mentioned anything of the sort anywhere. Ever.
Thats why I am asking out of pure curiosity. Since it will dictate what faction I may choose.