Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Re: Upcoming PvP changes

Post by Xudo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:43 pm

Nodemask wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:30 pm
Xudo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:01 pm
I am all for improving PvP community, but concept of PvP servers in WoW is fundamentally flawed, so it should be extensively modified to fix blizz mistakes.

Easiest thing that can be done is to close BWL, AQ40 and Naxx on PvP server.
So you take a game that is most likely the best MMO in the history, and a PvP server type that is unquestionably the most taken and popular among this game, and you say that combo is flawed.
And you add up that a "solution" to that flaw, is to take away like 60% of the content, let me stand up to clap.
Hey, you wanted PvP server. Why do you need PvE content in it?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Nodemask

Post by Nodemask » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:23 pm

Xudo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:43 pm
Nodemask wrote:
Xudo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:01 pm
I am all for improving PvP community, but concept of PvP servers in WoW is fundamentally flawed, so it should be extensively modified to fix blizz mistakes.

Easiest thing that can be done is to close BWL, AQ40 and Naxx on PvP server.
So you take a game that is most likely the best MMO in the history, and a PvP server type that is unquestionably the most taken and popular among this game, and you say that combo is flawed.
And you add up that a "solution" to that flaw, is to take away like 60% of the content, let me stand up to clap.
Are you serious?

The PvP server just means that you will have to fight for resources in open world against other players, the resources that are mostly used for PVE, PVP server means the whole experience to me, and PVE items usually makes you stronger for PVP.. yep, the whole game for players that like the whole game.

So yeah, you were not the most brilliant.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:43 pm

Harkus wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:42 pm
Charanko wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:12 pm
Calli wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:37 am

Why divide the community? Crossfaction bg is the best solution. Yes it is not RP wise, but there is always something to sacrifice. There are crossfaction raids, so there will be crossfaction bg-s. So no more cry about pvp unbalance, both sides got everything.
its already divided and the playerbase is big enough.... and some people just want to play on a pvp realm...
Then go to another server. Turtle is an RPvE realm. You are walking into an Italian restaurant and demanding the chef serve you Spanish foods.
i guess telling people to go play on another server is somehow not splitting the community hahah ...good one

people clearly want to play here... its just you who doesnt understand or dont want to for whatever bullshit reason...
and then these people talk about ''community'' xD
Last edited by Charanko on Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Nodemask

Post by Nodemask » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:44 pm

Nodemask wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:23 pm
Xudo wrote:
Nodemask wrote:

Are you serious?

The PvP server just means that you will have to fight for resources in open world against other players, the resources that are mostly used for PVE, PVP server means the whole experience to me, and PVE items usually makes you stronger for PVP.. yep, the whole game for players that like the whole game.

Anyway mate, I don't want to get into personal discussion, I'm sorry for that.
My point was that since the community here is very hostile with people that enjoy other experience than the one that enjoys them, the most reasonable thing to do is open a new server for that people, you are confirming my point.

I don't want to write here again, I think I showed my opinion and defended it with logic, ill be waiting for the new pvp server classic + to happen, here or anywhere.

Bless you all.

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:47 pm

Nodemask wrote:
Xudo wrote:
Nodemask wrote:

Are you serious?

IF you want to fight other people for resources, then you should be asking for ffa pvp.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:55 pm

Geojak wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:47 pm
Nodemask wrote:
Xudo wrote:

Are you serious?

IF you want to fight other people for resources, then you should be asking for ffa pvp.
we can go there once we get propper pvp realm... one step at a time
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:29 pm

Na, no need for pvp realm to fix the nonsensical crossfaction grouping but no crossfaction wpvp on the existing server.

The game needs to be fixed so that the bs rule of no crossfaction healing during wpvp csn be dropped

Maoxingren

Post by Maoxingren » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:58 pm

Very much looking forward to this update, the previous PVP had major flaws
1 Rewards are very limited, low level and high level equipment are lacking, it should be possible to buy a blue set of equipment with honor or respect reputation, and some manufacturing formula, reputation worship finally rewards more purple epic level items
1 In neutral areas in the field, there are no posts in the contested territory that can be occupied and guarded by guards

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:02 pm

Geojak wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:29 pm
Na, no need for pvp realm to fix the nonsensical crossfaction grouping but no crossfaction wpvp on the existing server.

The game needs to be fixed so that the bs rule of no crossfaction healing during wpvp csn be dropped
how will u ffa and fight for resources with people that dont even have warmode on?
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Gantulga

Re: PvP on Turtle WoW: Concepts and Upcoming Changes

Post by Gantulga » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:57 pm

Fresharugula wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:14 am
Gantulga wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:57 am
This has to come with class balance though else it's largely pointless. The next patch brings even worse PvP balance with things like the totems change.
Balance changes on turtle will always and should always be almost solely focused on pve,’it’s the real draw here
Those changes have nothing to do with PvE, they're pure PvP buffs. Likewise you don't need to completely destroy PvP for the sake of PvE.

Rejectedgalaxy

Post by Rejectedgalaxy » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:37 pm

Damn this is awesome! I'm excited for cross faction BG's but since this is an RP server, could you make these mercenaries race swap for the duration of the BG like what happens in retail? Like if a human warrior gets put on the horde side in WSG he'd turn into an Orc warrior. As for shamans and paladins maybe just have paladins turn into tauren and shaman turn into dwarves? I feel like this would be better rather than having alliance and horde races mixed up on both sides, that's just kinda weird especially on an RP server.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:09 am

With "no decay" rule it is good idea to play lower level PvP to progress through ranks as you level.
up to 29 you can get rank 3 (and blue cape with lots of armor)
at 39 you can get rank 5 (with stamina+spirit necklace and blue bracers)
at 49 you can get rank 9 (with boots and chest)
at 59 you can get rank 14 by afking on AV and eventually get r14 stuff.
Have fun not only at 60.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:22 am

Rejectedgalaxy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:37 pm
Damn this is awesome! I'm excited for cross faction BG's but since this is an RP server, could you make these mercenaries race swap for the duration of the BG like what happens in retail? Like if a human warrior gets put on the horde side in WSG he'd turn into an Orc warrior. As for shamans and paladins maybe just have paladins turn into tauren and shaman turn into dwarves? I feel like this would be better rather than having alliance and horde races mixed up on both sides, that's just kinda weird especially on an RP server.
Agrees, but I would turn paladins undead. This is the first step to dwarf shamans and undead paladins :).
Its great actually

S4rs

Post by S4rs » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:30 am

Geojak wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:22 am
Rejectedgalaxy wrote:
Agrees, but I would turn paladins undead. This is the first step to dwarf shamans and undead paladins :).
Its great actually
please, and how do you want to cast the racial spell? for example will of forsaken.....

Calli

Post by Calli » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:18 pm

S4rs wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:30 am
Geojak wrote:
Rejectedgalaxy wrote:
Its great actually
please, and how do you want to cast the racial spell? for example will of forsaken.....
Just change the appearance like with orb of deception, then all good.

Tirtuc123

Post by Tirtuc123 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:20 pm

can you please add the change to where when you revive in a battleground you have a 5 or 10 second buff where your spells dont cost any mana so we can buff and buff allies

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:51 am

Geojak wrote:
Rejectedgalaxy wrote:
Its great actually
They do not fit the lore at all. If anything, this is a step away from implementing them because now Horde and Ally have access to paladins and shamans in both PvE as well as PvP

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:01 pm

It fits the lore greatly.
Remeber the wc3 campaign lvl you kill all the paladins with Arthas and uther at the end.

Just heed to have one of these resurrect as class trainer, and let undead paladins suffer from the holy light but also can still wield it due to still be paladins at heart and not forsaken. Not any worse than undead holy priests. Easy fix

And wildhammer dwarf shamans is, also easy enough to make fit in.

Blizzard managed to get Tauren paladin into the game which is way more lore destructive

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:35 pm

BR handles buffs by setting everyone to max hp/mana at the start of the BG (after the 90s waiting period). WSG/AB/AV could do the same thing and this is effectively allows you to cast all buffs for free.

Please no Ally Shaman or Hoard Pally, sounds awful.

Also like a comment earlier said "AFK in AV" to get r14. Since this is how a lot of people get ranked why not just remove decay completely so us actual PvP enjoyers can get it slowly through Non-PvE BGs???
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:42 pm

Not happy with cross faction battlegrounds, but at least it will shorten queueing times for everybody. So there's that.

Judgefae

Post by Judgefae » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:36 am

Yay! I got my Sargent rank back! I was just a grunt after I came back from my break :(

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:44 am

Nodemask wrote:
The PvP server just means that you will have to fight for resources in open world against other players, the resources that are mostly used for PVE
After some thought, I realised that "PvP fight for resources" can be implemented on PvE server.
Those resources should be guarded by horde/ally PvP flagged NPCs. Or those NPCs could carry important resources.
This way, you have to flag to gather resources.

Imagine some "gatherer NPC" who roams over WPL and sells Plaguebloom (limited supply) to Horde. But if killed, it drops some plaguebloom.
Have fun not only at 60.

Zirek

Post by Zirek » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:51 am

I love how Turtle Wow team never understanding what made Vanilla Wow is the best. Instead adding some new real fun and interesting content. They are obsessed with balancing the game.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:09 am

is it now impossible to get dishonorable pvp ranks with it always being maximised with your all time highest rank?

Nodemask

Post by Nodemask » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:33 am

Xudo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:44 am
Nodemask wrote:
The PvP server just means that you will have to fight for resources in open world against other players, the resources that are mostly used for PVE
After some thought, I realised that "PvP fight for resources" can be implemented on PvE server.
Those resources should be guarded by horde/ally PvP flagged NPCs. Or those NPCs could carry important resources.
This way, you have to flag to gather resources.

Imagine some "gatherer NPC" who roams over WPL and sells Plaguebloom (limited supply) to Horde. But if killed, it drops some plaguebloom.

Thats some interesting suggestion right there! maybe for some areas, because people still need to be able to farm without PVP, but when everything is really really crowded, ohhh you will have to fight for it! you may be interested in switch to certain areas where there are less people but they may attack you :P, it can be added "sometimes" like pvp week campaign, will make more active the world, that definetively would be very fun.

I have to say, although no one asked, that these changes demonstrate that bit of attention to the pvp side that many people were asking for, and I'm gonna give a chance again to this great server (in everything else), specially glad for the crossfaction BGS and the pvp rewards being at an attractive level.. see you all in blood of ring folks ;) props to the devs, thank you guys.

Baggsy7

Post by Baggsy7 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:49 am

Please reconsider cross faction pvp implications. It is not only a simple convenience change as you would think on the surface.
Think of RP aspect and losing faction/race identity on conflicts.
Think of the increased feedback storm when paladins are under scrutiny by both factions. No longer can you sweep paladin and other pvp imbalances under the rug when both factions are subjected to them.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:53 am

BTW. I played AV yesterday as my donor character. Green 59.
Horde won AV twice. I was attacked by paladin and survived.
Are paladins really that broken?
Have fun not only at 60.

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:18 pm

Anyone knows, whats with rep increase, that was annouced, before patch came out? WSG and AB still give the same amount of it, that was before.

Fresharugula

Post by Fresharugula » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:02 pm

Harkus wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:51 am
Geojak wrote:
Rejectedgalaxy wrote:
Its great actually
They do not fit the lore at all. If anything, this is a step away from implementing them because now Horde and Ally have access to paladins and shamans in both PvE as well as PvP
What do you mean undead paladins don’t fit the lore?? The Forsaken already channel The Light for healing (priest), and there is already an example in vanilla of an undead paladin in the four horseman fight. It’s plenty lore friendly to have undead paladin.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:17 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:01 pm
It fits the lore greatly.
Remeber the wc3 campaign lvl you kill all the paladins with Arthas and uther at the end.

Just heed to have one of these resurrect as class trainer, and let undead paladins suffer from the holy light but also can still wield it due to still be paladins at heart and not forsaken. Not any worse than undead holy priests. Easy fix

And wildhammer dwarf shamans is, also easy enough to make fit in.

Blizzard managed to get Tauren paladin into the game which is way more lore destructive
Undead should not be able to wield holy magic in the first place if we're making a reference to wc3, it literally kills them. Its a gameplay convenience same as troll priests, but with trolls you can at least imagine that they are praying to their great spirits or something, holy undeads is a stupid idea altogether. Shaman dwarves are stupid too, oh guys look the Wildhammers, you see the "wild" part? That means they are in touch with forces of nature, which is literally muh shamanism. They are a society of tinkering diggers and hunters, just because they've tamed griffons doesnt mean that they've suddenly became nature spiritual enthusiasts.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:25 pm

Turboman wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:17 pm
Undead should not be able to wield holy magic in the first place if we're making a reference to wc3, it literally kills them.
Shadow magic, fire magic, ice magic, arcane magic literally kills anyone, yet we have mages and warlocks for Humans.
Have fun not only at 60.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:52 pm

Undead are a product of necromancy which is complete opposite of holy stuff. Keep your reaching bullcrap to yourself please.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:30 pm

Turboman wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:52 pm
Undead are a product of necromancy which is complete opposite of holy stuff. Keep your reaching bullcrap to yourself please.
But why undead can be a priest of light? dead_turtle_head

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:43 pm

In pve we have both shamans and paladins in one raid, and now in pvp bg we will have shamans and paladins in one raid. So what's the problem with just adding dwarf shamans and undead paladins? I think it will be better than crossfaction bg.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:01 pm

Twinking wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:30 pm
Turboman wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:52 pm
But why undead can be a priest of light? dead_turtle_head
For balance reasons i quess, be it my way i would block holy and disc spells and talents for undead, or blizz could turn them into shadow equivalent by making shadow vfx and names, but thats would be too much work for them.