Tauren Rogues...?

Bigsmerf

Tauren Rogues...?

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:48 pm

Just for clarification, this post is almost entirely for the sake of memeing. I'm not here to recommend, ask for, or demand any significant changes or changes at all, just some neat theorycrafting that may or may not be either underpowered or broken.

Starting off, why the heck would tauren become rogues? Well, anyone can wear leather armor and (attempt) to be sneaky or agile. 'nuff said.

Now, I think that obviously, given their stature, and build, tauren are not the best race for sneaking. With this in mind, I've decided to completely remove the ability to do so altogether! Now, you're probably asking "Wait, what? How do they use stealth abilities then?" Well, the answer is simply to give them a 'stealth', but allow them to be seen in this state. They will retain the slow move speed, and have a longer cooldown than regular stealth, but there could be some sort of compensation. Buffing the effects/damage in comparison to other rogues, or something similar comes to mind. I'm thinking of calling this "stealth" something like 'poise', wherein they prepare themselves to strike, like a bull kicking his hooves back.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Wilsonsds

Re: Tauren Rogues...?

Post by Wilsonsds » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:08 pm

Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:16 pm

We already got ridiculous combinations like gnome/undead hunter.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:16 pm

YES PLEASE
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Xwonka

Post by Xwonka » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:30 pm

+1 Tauren rogue and Tauren warlock

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:58 am

I support Tauren Rogue only because its the only race that lacks Rogue now, and since all the other class combos came out to fill out Hunter by comparison.

I get the 'lore' of casters not being spread but 'different flavored melee' isnt really all that hard to believe, especially the race already attuned to plants that would know how poisons work.

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:04 am

Gantulga wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:16 pm
The comparison is flawed. While Hunting is something, that can be learned (and the gnomes propably use some technical devices to bend beasts to their wills), the "Invisibility" of rogues is always misconcepted by people: Rogues don't go "invisible" with their Stealth ability. How it actually works is, that they hide in the shadows, meld with their sorroundings. (That's how the Nightelf racial works as well.) And something as big as a Tauren, especially with those big hoofs on solid ground.. they're easy to detect and way too loud with their hoofs.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:21 am

Tauren rogues could use mail armor in exchange for their inability to sneak.

Concept of rogue not always mean stealth. It is also about being outlaw. They could be burglars and reavers.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:10 am

Tauren rogue yes please. Make it so.

Enceebe

Post by Enceebe » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:51 am

Xudo wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:21 am
Tauren rogues could use mail armor in exchange for their inability to sneak.

Concept of rogue not always mean stealth. It is also about being outlaw. They could be burglars and reavers.
Good luck balacing that....

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:59 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:04 am
Gantulga wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:16 pm
The comparison is flawed. While Hunting is something, that can be learned (and the gnomes propably use some technical devices to bend beasts to their wills), the "Invisibility" of rogues is always misconcepted by people: Rogues don't go "invisible" with their Stealth ability. How it actually works is, that they hide in the shadows, meld with their sorroundings. (That's how the Nightelf racial works as well.) And something as big as a Tauren, especially with those big hoofs on solid ground.. they're easy to detect and way too loud with their hoofs.
That raises a good question: How canonically loud are tauren hooves compared to other races footsteps? can their hooves be cushioned with pads to reduce noise?
How about their size? can they crawl like felines to keep a low profile? again, can they have their palms cushioned to reduce noise?
What about weight/muscle ratio? can be really nimble if their muscles allow them to move all that mass? would be able to jump higher than other races?
What about suporting structures, ropes, ledges, and any environtment part of a building infiltration? would they collapse or would have knowledge of structural integrity?