2023 — October 30

Overberk

Re: 2023 — October 30

Post by Overberk » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:18 pm

Torta wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:58 am
  • Brainwashing Device will no longer saves specs with unspent Talent Points.
And one more worst nerf since ZG Crocs was nerfed.
"Play for fun" disappears from patch to patch.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:26 pm

If devs wanted to make cheap respec, they would just lowered price of normal respec instead of making convoluted thing with this device and saving 1 talent point builds.
Why it hadn't changed earlier? Probably because they have plenty of other things on their table.
Probably because they don't actually play the game and don't realize how people exploit the game.

ZG shoulder enchant were not fixed for several years.

From replies here I see that some guys have specs for individual bosses in dungeons. It is just hilarious. Minmaxing in its finest.

Regarding "it brings more pointless grind". Isn't wow in its core is pointless grind?
May be devs should remove experience and just give instant 60 on start?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Quidoba

Post by Quidoba » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:11 pm

Torta wrote:
Benefits
- very slightly reduce inflation that isn't a real problem on turtle wow as far as I know

Pitfalls
- Adds a 10g barrier to a large number of players to respeccing into a tank or healing role. This might worsen tank and healer shortages on turtle in PUG situations.
- Adds a 10g barrier to the vast majority of players to accessing PVP specs. This might reduce PVP participation
- Might just generally annoy the player base by the bait-and-switch effect. (The itemization nerfs and reversals have already demoralized a decent number of players)

One suggestion:
- Remove the cost associate with resetting the specs in the Brainwashing device. Then the incentive to save partial specs is removed.

Thejakemf
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Thejakemf » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:27 pm

Even if the respec bot allowing players to save a single talent point to have 'free' respecs (though limited to having one talent point in something for ALL of those specs) was unintended, why change something that so many players obviously enjoyed? What is the benefit of this change?
Benhardt <Stormwind Opportunity Lg>

Spitfire33

Post by Spitfire33 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:59 pm

Out of all things why do this?!!?? I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, i hate it!!! [mad_turtle_head

Pars

Post by Pars » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:20 pm

Spitfire33 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:59 pm
Out of all things why do this?!!?? I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, I hate this change, i hate it!!! [mad_turtle_head
Me2

Beefchalupa3

Post by Beefchalupa3 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:26 pm

Really disappointing again from the dev team. To completely gut the brainwashing device, something that I and others spent real money on because we expected it to work a certain way, is insane, especially without discussing it at all. They always talk about how they aren't a big studio, etc. but that doesn't excuse just randomly changing stuff like this. One of the features of Twow that people like is how it removed the inconvenience of talent changes.

They should really revert the change, and if not, give me a refund for this garbage I wasted real money on.

Kord24

Post by Kord24 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:03 am

Seriously, I hate this change more than anything else they could have done. I want my money back. Also really curious to hear their reasoning is on this one. Makes no sense to me. Why do they hate fun?

Saltypete

Post by Saltypete » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:44 am

Torta wrote:
If the goal is to make people wary of buying donation shop items because they don't know if you'll nerf them after they do, then you all are doing a great job.

Aubury

Post by Aubury » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:51 am

Daily reminder that it's not too late to revert the change on Goblin brainwashing device.
Player comfort shouldn't come at the expense of reducing inflation. There are other, less punishing ways to implement gold sinks.

Noirre

Post by Noirre » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:38 pm

Torta wrote:
Awful awful idea to punish the very people who have supported turtle wow via donations for this item. I literally bought it on every character I actively play because it makes the game FUN. It makes it so I can fill roles and quickly get dungeon groups going.

If this is not reversed, not only will I never donate to turtle wow again but I also legitimately think I won't be actively playing here if it becomes a chore to constantly have to farm money.

Will donation refunds be available? Rather have the big bag at this point since I'll need to be farming more than ever if I stick around.

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:54 pm

Amazing what happens when you get a big head. You forget how you got to where you are now and who supported you and why. Good to know.
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:01 pm

Saltypete wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:44 am
If the goal is to make people wary of buying donation shop items because they don't know if you'll nerf them after they do, then you all are doing a great job.
It's not a "donation shop item". It is an in-game item that you can donate for instead of acquiring it through in-game means.

This idea of "don't use anything ever because it could be nerfed whenever" mentality has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. You are playing on a regularly updated and maintained version of the game. If you wanted everything to be the same forever always, you should have gone and played any vanilla server without custom content. All of that is set in stone and will never be nerfed or buffed. I refuse to believe for one second that you knowingly signed up for a game that advertised itself as having ongoing development and didn't think for one second that something you like may change at a moment's notice.

Bonus points for "I don't care that it's an exploit that the devs never intended, they shouldn't fix it if I personally benefit from it".

Bimbombo2

Post by Bimbombo2 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:57 pm

Pars wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:20 pm
Spitfire33 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:59 pm
Me2
Me 2

Kingisdead

Post by Kingisdead » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:16 pm

Guys, I see a lot of finger-pointing at players for putting one talent point in the tree, I ask you guys to think of the new players like myself and others, who bought this device on the PVP server to use while leveling. Many of us had no idea you could even do the one talent point thing and I only found this out last night. I did not even have the gold to do the talent respec. After hitting 20 and getting cat form, I wanted to respec my healing tree to cat DPS. I did not have 1g though so after an hour of doing the children's week quest, I had enough gold and went to respec and used the device. It said my secondary spec was not saved. This left me with only a tank spec. At this point, I am very confused because I had two specs just a day ago. I should have stopped here and did research but I went to respec thinking it would cost 1g and I could at the very least go cat talents and quest. It cost me 5g that I had literally just earned. Now I am here. Please fix this issue for players like me. 90% of my gold just evaporated. I also ask what the use of this device before 60 is now? It will reset every time you level.

Mrpounda

Post by Mrpounda » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:27 pm

Sadly when you level you gain a new talent point and this confuses the game, since you now have an unspent talent point it no longer saves, I have a feeling they'll get that issue worked out eventually. Harsh for people still leveling but this is just a silly oversight they'll have fixed soon

Kingisdead

Post by Kingisdead » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:40 pm

Mrpounda wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:27 pm
Sadly when you level you gain a new talent point and this confuses the game, since you now have an unspent talent point it no longer saves, I have a feeling they'll get that issue worked out eventually. Harsh for people still leveling but this is just a silly oversight they'll have fixed soon
I can deal with silly oversights as long as they make us whole with the gold lost because of this issue. As of now, I have wasted not only an hour doing the children's week quest and 5 gold but time spent researching this issue and making a ticket that got ignored. Considering this is hurting the people that donated them money the most, I hope they announce something very soon.

Mrpounda

Post by Mrpounda » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:10 pm

Kingisdead wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:40 pm
Mrpounda wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:27 pm
I can deal with silly oversights as long as they make us whole with the gold lost because of this issue. As of now, I have wasted not only an hour doing the children's week quest and 5 gold but time spent researching this issue and making a ticket that got ignored. Considering this is hurting the people that donated them money the most, I hope they announce something very soon.
I can see the frustration with that, give it a little bit of time and a solution will come around. I saw someone else post about getting a refund and the devs being really cool about it, i'd be grrr too about it but i can understand why its happening

Blondboombox

Post by Blondboombox » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:20 am

Ghola wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:37 pm
Lightning speed buff did not seem to work for lightning bolt
What is lightning speed?

Saltypete

Post by Saltypete » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:54 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:01 pm
It's not a "donation shop item". It is an in-game item that you can donate for
lol

Shockhoof

Post by Shockhoof » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:00 pm

Torta wrote:
  • Reduced the spell power scaling of Lifebinding to 10%.
This is a very disappointing change that devalues one of the most interesting gearing options on this server and I hope it's reverted. I responded at length here about the set as it was and why the change should be reverted. The few players commenting in this thread about the set being good but not gamebreaking mirror my experience. This change really wasn't warranted for a set that was hardly seen used regardless.