Charanko
Has liked: 6 times

Re: The actual state of Tel'abim

Post by Charanko » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:43 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:49 pm
Yeah, I tried playing there around november of the past year, I have a Helf mage level 12 that I abandoned due to the lack of popoluation, and yes, before someone asks, I was against the PvP server but I tried to give it an oportunity, sadly for that players who cried and wanted a PvP server, one of my theories where confirmed, the PvP server died with time.
On November, the population of Tel'Abim was 1k+
peaking at around 2.5k
You played untill 12 lvl, which is 3-4 hours max
and you stopped, due to low pop..? unhappy_turtle_head

So, apart from the obvious lies - wrong statements
why do you care about the pvp realm so much?

YOU don't even play there
YOU are not helping the community grow
YOU are doing NOTHING about TeL'Abim

On the contrary, YOU state your opinion VS people like Majestik51
who are actively playing/streaming/promoting the realm

No, you are not a troll, your opinion is just NOT IMPORTANT for anyone to care...
Not gonna lie, some tifa posts based as hell!
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:46 pm

Charanko wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:43 pm
Darktifa wrote:
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Yeah, I tried playing there around november of the past year, I have a Helf mage level 12 that I abandoned due to the lack of popoluation, and yes, before someone asks, I was against the PvP server but I tried to give it an oportunity, sadly for that players who cried and wanted a PvP server, one of my theories where confirmed, the PvP server died with time.
peaking at around 2.5k

No, you are not a troll, your opinion is just NOT IMPORTANT for anyone to care...
How will he play on a server with an empty open world, where it’s even difficult to find UBRS, and even more so low-level dungeons.
And if he upgrades his character to 60, he will be faced with another disappointment in waiting for BG for 30 minutes or an hour...
Just because one guild is trying to have fun by collecting raids does not make the entire server interesting for new players.
I understand how OP feels, if there is no influx of new players, the server will have only 50 people from the Majestic guild, and the time he spends on leveling up will be wasted... unhappy_turtle

Sgadow

Post by Sgadow » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:50 pm

Twinking wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:46 pm
Charanko wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:43 pm
Darktifa wrote:

peaking at around 2.5k

How will he play on a server with an empty open world, where it’s even difficult to find UBRS, and even more so low-level dungeons.
And if he upgrades his character to 60, he will be faced with another disappointment in waiting for BG for 30 minutes or an hour...
Just because one guild is trying to have fun by collecting raids does not make the entire server interesting for new players.
I understand how OP feels, if there is no influx of new players, the server will have only 50 people from the Majestic guild, and the time he spends on leveling up will be wasted... unhappy_turtle
I notice mid level dungeons tend to have more people than low level dungeons in queue. However, on horde there's a twink group starting up dedicated to helping low level people knock out things like RFC, WC, and Deadmines. Over the past few days I've got in a couple WC runs and a Deadmines run, patience is key.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:22 pm

Twinking wrote:

Empty open world with 1000 to 2500 players in November?
Empty? while everyone is still leveling?

How OP feels?
He was 12 lvl and quit in November

nobody gives a F about his opinion and how he feels
HE IS NOT EVEN PLAYING AT TEL'ABIM!
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:22 pm

How OP feels?

You can repeat as much as you like that in November there were 1000 - 2500 people, BUT this will not change the situation NOW.
I don’t know the reasons why OP left the server in November (maybe he just didn’t have time for this and he wanted to see what would happen to the server after some time), but now the state of the server leaves much to be desired...
What do you think should attract a person to return to a server with 300 online and spend about a month on solo leveling?
The last time I went to Alterac after standing in line for more than half an hour, I saw a 2-hour bg with 23 vs 25 ppl... dead_turtle_head

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:25 pm

Twinking wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 pm

You can repeat as much as you like that in November there were 1000 - 2500 people, BUT this will not change the situation NOW.
I don’t know the reasons why OP left the server in November (maybe he just didn’t have time for this and he wanted to see what would happen to the server after some time), but now the state of the server leaves much to be desired...
What do you think should attract a person to return to a server with 300 online and spend about a month on solo leveling?
The last time I went to Alterac after standing in line for more than half an hour, I saw a 2-hour bg with 23 vs 25 ppl... dead_turtle_head
You are free to create a thread discussing the situation on the server NOW
with your opinion
your side of the story
your understanding of the situation
all coming from an ACTIVE player (or at least 60)
and let the community discuss your (let's hope) well thought points below!

there is nothing really to discuss here,
about the opinion of a nobody, who quit 12lvl at 1k+ players in November, due to low population (his words)
isn't playing at TeL'Abim
won't play at Tel'Abim
trying to mock active players for playing at Tel'Abim
isn't suggesting anything
isn't contributing into promoting the pvp realm

Even forum troll kitchen dweller has a actual point in this thread, unlike OP
"Let the pvp realm live it's own life"
without Drama and crying...
Czasku wrote:
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:36 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Dracarusggotham wrote:
peaking at around 2.5k

I clearly remember loggin in and seeing zones like Elwynn Forest or Westfall empty, I stopped due to an Elite mission that I can't do alone.

I can confirm you I played there, I have my Helf Mage Called Rommath.
And I can confirm you I'm telling the truth. If you don't want to believe it is not my problem.

My opinion is necesary cause I play in this server as others, Tel'abim and Nordanaar are concerns of every player here.

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:21 am

Hey there,

Maybe I could share my thoughts as a new player (as a 100% solo player, PvP-oriented).

I pretty recently joined this server because I saw the terms "PvP" and even "arena" (having been a gladiator almost 15 years ago, I was curious about experiencing arenas in a pre-TBC context). Turns out, arenas aren't really a thing here, but no problem... my bad for misreading.

I've been leveling a solo character and playing 100% solo (my old travel companions stopped playing a long time ago and didn't want to pick it up again), without much desire to dive deep into guild life (been there, done that). During my leveling, I didn't run into many people except for 2-3 rogues trying to take me out during quests. I even managed to tame Brokentooth pretty easily, which was a lot harder on my old server (one of the perks of a smaller population). Couldn't get into a single BG while leveling... okay, I waited it out.

Recently hit level 60 and started doing BGs with my dramatically underpowered level 40-50 gear, which wouldn't be an issue if I could just blend into the masses in Alterac... except there aren't many Alterac battles (and BGs in general)

Arathi and Warsong => I keep running into the same opponents, who've figured out they should target me (it's ok, I would do the same), and I even feel like some teammates (always the same ones, too) get frustrated having someone somewhat useless on their team (not realizing how tough it is to play when you're constantly at risk of being 2/3-shot). To top it off, the Horde is almost always outnumbered (it might be easier on the Alliance side with my gear).

That said, even though I haven't really talked to many people, I've found the community nice so far, the vibe in Orgrimmar and elsewhere seems good. No Chinese bots or anything annoying, the fundamentals are very solid. And I really like all the small tweaks the developers have made to customize their server. Honestly, if we were just 1000 (not necessarily much more) instead of 300-400, the experience would be almost perfect.

But as it stands, doing BGs is too hard, and when you do manage to get into one, you always see the same faces (both allies and opponents)... and that doesn't work for me (for reasons mentioned above). And I'm also a bit surprised that on a private PvP server, almost everything is oriented around PvE.

Anyway, I've got my level 60 character, so I'll drop into a few BGs from time to time. As I mentioned, the fundamentals are solid, and I can only imagine things will move in the right direction.

PS: also, one question I have: is there no way to merge the two servers (PvP & PvE) for BGs? (like on the official servers, starting from... I don't remember when... TBC?)

Charanko
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Charanko » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:37 am

Darktifa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:22 pm
Twinking wrote:

How OP feels?

I know all these dead server posts etc dont even play on server… my guild raids 4x per week bgs poping everyday ; leveling my third char to 60; those who acually play and like the pvp experience love the server…to me the tighter community is alot more enjoyable; then having 4 k people but half dont even write in english…etc

If you want the server to grow start helping in growing it…by you know playing on it; or else stop these bullshit posts; and play pve;problem solved
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:41 am

Ragetto wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:21 am

PS: also, one question I have: is there no way to merge the two servers (PvP & PvE) for BGs? (like on the official servers, starting from... I don't remember when... TBC?)
Sounds interesting and would be beneficial to both servers, imo.

Otherwise, people should keep in mind that nothing needs to be done. Turtle is free, the devs can do whatever they want and if people decide to play or not play on one of their servers, it's their own choice. The turtle project is great and this greatness was not achieved by the devs trying to pander to customers but trying to create a version of vanilla that they personally like and if other people like it, then that's good for them. Some people (including me) are having a good time on Tel Abim and if others don't then that's not a big deal. There's always Nordranaar, Retail or Hello Kitty Online if Tel Abim is not for you.

I agree that Tel Abim could use more players (2000 might already be too many; I'd aim for 1000-1500), but right now the Tel Abim playerbase is more about qualitiy than quantity, which I actually enjoy very much and I'm not talking about player skills here.

I have more characters of higher levels and more gold on Nordranaar (I've taken a break since That Ugly Episode in 2023), so I wouldn't have much to lose progress-wise if Tel Abim were shut down or merged but I prefer to play on Tel Abim and help a new community grow there.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:57 am

Ishilu wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:41 am
Ragetto wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:21 am

Sounds interesting and would be beneficial to both servers, imo.
No
By making crossrealm battlegrounds you will mix t3 players with t1 players. Guess, who will win?
Even now some people say that 60 lvl in green 40-50 feels like burden on the team. Imagine that will happen if whole team will be t3. New green player will be just one-shotted by other geared guys.

I think that opening BWL, AQ40 and naxx on Tel'Abim will destroy its PvP potential.
More than that, I think it is better to announce that raids higher than t1 will not be opened there ever.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ataika
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Ataika » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:58 am

look guys cringetifa is right the server is more than alive with 2k population
just get time machine and enjoy the server

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:11 am

Ataika wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:58 am
look guys cringetifa is right the server is more than alive with 2k population
just get time machine and enjoy the server
I can tell that reading and comprehending a text is hard for u
Fine by me, just keep trolling in every post

PS i preferred anime lover, although i have NO CLUE how you came into that conclusion
but who am i to break your bubble?
keep doing you... insidious_turtle
Czasku wrote:

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:21 am

Xudo wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:57 am
No
By making crossrealm battlegrounds you will mix t3 players with t1 players. Guess, who will win?
Even now some people say that 60 lvl in green 40-50 feels like burden on the team. Imagine that will happen if whole team will be t3. New green player will be just one-shotted by other geared guys.

I think that opening BWL, AQ40 and naxx on Tel'Abim will destroy its PvP potential.
More than that, I think it is better to announce that raids higher than t1 will not be opened there ever.
As things currently stand, and if no solution is found, you are right.

However, maybe, and I stress maybe, by introducing PvE content, developers could improve/add PvP gear to better match PvE progression (unlike in vanilla WoW where, in the end, tiers 2/3 dominated every aspect of the game). And perhaps make some pieces a bit more accessible so new players don't go into BGs completely undergeared. It's another solution, if devs aim to preserve the PvP aspect while also letting people join PvE raids if they want (after all, that's still the essence of WoW, whether we like it or not).

As said earlier by Ishilu, the devs don't owe us anything (that's a bit harsh to say, but it's true), but I think it's also in their interest to have a PvP server with specific PvP features, which would clearly enhance the original game and provide something not found elsewhere.

In short, I don't have the perfect solution and I'm waiting to see what the devs will do. But as it stands, I agree that it will end up as you described.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:08 am

Xudo wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:57 am

No
By making crossrealm battlegrounds ...
I didn't think that far, point taken.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:18 am

Darktifa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:25 pm

You are free to create a thread discussing the situation on the server NOW
This thread is called and I quote: "The actual state of Tel'abim" smiling_turtle
Darktifa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:25 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:

If nothing works, I need to say sadly, the PvP realm needs to be closed or transformed in a RP-PvE server of other language, maybe spanish or Russian, Russian is more needed than Spanish cause people like me can understand the english perfectly and in some way speak it.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:43 pm

Reading is not the strongest skill of our anime darkboi, manga is all about pictures
Anyway, cant wait for the next graph update, should be within 2 days

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:46 pm

Twinking wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:18 am

This thread is called and I quote: "The actual state of Tel'abim" smiling_turtle
and where (in this thread) is his personal experience from the current - actual state of Tel'Abim?
You keep recycling the same conversation...
Twinking wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:18 am

Dracarusggotham wrote:

If nothing works, I need to say sadly, the PvP realm needs to be closed or transformed in a RP-PvE server of other language, maybe spanish or Russian, Russian is more needed than Spanish cause people like me can understand the english perfectly and in some way speak it.
Yes, lets close pvp realm, problem solved, great suggestion lol
Ataika wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:43 pm
Reading is not the strongest skill of our anime darkboi, manga is all about pictures
Does anyone understand what you are implying?
Am i supposed to get triggered or something?
Last edited by Darktifa on Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Czasku wrote:

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:18 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:46 pm
Does anyone understand what you are implying?
Yeah, thats why you are quoting and screeching

Rogerdabbit

Post by Rogerdabbit » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:14 pm

Shame about this server, I enjoyed the time I spent before SoD and another private server released and the pop dropped dramatically. I confess, I was one of those who thought SoD would be a great official server experience. But man oh man, Blizzard's created a mess over there. At least they banned GDKP.

Would definitely return to Tel'Abim if it had a healthy pop to support it. Still enjoying Nordanaar though.

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:11 pm

Rogerdabbit wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:14 pm
Shame about this server, I enjoyed the time I spent before SoD and another private server released and the pop dropped dramatically. I confess, I was one of those who thought SoD would be a great official server experience. But man oh man, Blizzard's created a mess over there. At least they banned GDKP.

Would definitely return to Tel'Abim if it had a healthy pop to support it. Still enjoying Nordanaar though.
The population is healthy, just too low (for now, I hope).

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:55 pm

due to pop update server lost another 20 players

Mahga

Post by Mahga » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:01 pm

The real issue is the perpetual loss of player.
On the pop graph you can see nordanar getting back some of it's players
Maybe some who tried the pvp realm but didnt stick for whatever reason?

We've got alliance guid spamming horde /world to attract what's left of the playerbase
I know the OG server lived with around 100 player for years
But it's not playable on the long run.

Hope that SOD comes out with a catastrophic failure that drives back some people ...

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:32 pm

SOD is succesful because it gives something new.
People wanted changes and they got it.
Playing on Turtle i don't feel Classic + experience.

Oomentaloo

Post by Oomentaloo » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:32 pm
SOD is succesful because it gives something new.
People wanted changes and they got it.
Playing on Turtle i don't feel Classic + experience.
So you are saying SoD has more changes than Turtle? I only observed the first phase of SoD and that looked like one measly raid in an old dungeon + unbalanced class changes that were thrown at the wall.
SoD is part of the new marketing approach with heavy focus on content creator and many players don't like to play on private server, which have not really a good reputation (gold selling etc. in the past)
On paper Turtle is way more Classic+ but with a big hesitation to do something that would go against the old style too much.

Turtle cannot compete with Blizzard with that marketing engine behind them. It has nothing to do with the product behind it, imho.

The problem for Tel'Abim is that the EU/NA player base for WoW Vanilla+ private server is not massive. Some players are fresh realm players that will stop playing after a month anyway. With threads like this the PvP realm reputation will just get worse and worse.
The only way the realm can get back up in the 1000s is with clever marketing from the the Turtle team with big guilds on the realm.
If you want more players make contacts to content creator. Invent an item that you can get at lvl 20 but it will have its full potential with getting 60 for example. Guilds could organize twink guilds for different lvl ranges.
Tanks/Healer for low lvl BGs and dungeons.

If the existing community wants just their small thing with no fresh blood than so be it.
Complaining threads won't help and I would change the forum rules and delete them in the future if I were an forum admin.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:24 pm

at this point i think we will have to wait and see what this turtle 2.0 is all about before we get any sort of improvement to the population

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Dracarusggotham wrote:

rofl.. you serious?

Spot

Post by Spot » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:03 pm

Tel'Abim has a great community. It feels like we are pioneers. /flex

Dingoman

Post by Dingoman » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:42 am

Man, the community on Tel'Abim is the STRONGEST it is fuelled by BANANAS and SHEER FORCE OF WILL

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:01 pm

Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:03 pm
Tel'Abim has a great community. It feels like we are pioneers. /flex
That's the spirit! turtle_tongue

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:46 am

Another one census update shows the 11% population drop

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:31 am

It looks like even the great/STRONGEST community is starting to leave this server...

I’m sure if the developers open a transfer to Nordanar, the server will lose more than 50% of the population...

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:07 pm

why we dont open trasfers from Nordnaar to Tel' Abim, thats also a possibility.... maintenance_turtle
Last edited by Majestik51 on Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:50 pm

I hope the server will be revived after class changes v.2.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:06 pm

i doubt they will allow transfers until they can go both ways and nordanaar to tel'abim wouldn't be done until after naxx is cleared later this year