Development Roadmap 2024-2025

Volkyte

Re: Development Roadmap 2024-2025

Post by Volkyte » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:22 am

Any info concerning what addons will be disabled?
and concerning old raid content, if you dish out tier 3 and 4, any orientative idea on how you manage gear scaling? (especially fresh 60 vs old 60)

Qualopec

Post by Qualopec » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:32 am

Mistermadigan wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:23 pm
Please don't kill off Zul'jin - I love that guy. My first server in Vanilla was Zul'jin and it broke my heart to fight him in the Zul'Aman raid. With all the good stuff you've done with Trolls, I trust you fine folks to do him proud.
Same. Zul'Jin is my absolute favorite character in entire Warcraft. What an absolute madlad. His tenacity is legendary and I hated that I had to go against him. Especially when quest in Vanilla were hyping his return, Revanrusk tribe was super loyal ro him.

Even the Darkspears have for /charge "For Zul'Jin!"

His fame surpassed his own tribe. He was a well known champion to other trolls as well. He was done super dirty in TBC. And with Helves in Alliance I sure hope the Horde will have his back.

I surely hope that Eversong wastes really lives up to it's name. That land was meant to be so devastaded that belves moved to Outland and left everything behind.

The plotarmor to keep Silvermoon AND restore Sunwell was just insane.
Last edited by Qualopec on Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:55 am

in theory should be a horde base. Zul Jin in wcII was in horde side and in retail tbc went rogue because high elf went to horde becase "reasons". So in theory Zul Jin has no reason to wage war on horde. (unless another massive retcon is done).

Kalo121

Post by Kalo121 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:45 am

UPRIGHT ORCS!!!! :)

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:14 am

av fix 2077

Deso5618

Post by Deso5618 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:25 pm

*Coughs* Vrykuls?
50 lvl rogue. RETIRED.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:07 pm

Exultus wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:15 am
"NOT THE BURNING CRUSADE" 😂😂😂
I laughed a lot too, they're clearly not going to do The Burning Crusade.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:14 pm

Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:46 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:10 pm
Torta wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:25 pm
Hello everyone! The past year on Turtle WoW has been a blast with exciting milestones, and successful patch releases. We're constantly learning and improving, thanks to your feedback.

In 2023 players explored Gilneas, Hyjal, Thalassian Highlands, and Blackstone Island. Our raiders conquered new locations such as Karazhan and Emerald Sanctum. We introduced seven new realms, and even launched our own radio station!

Now, we're thrilled to share a sneak peek into this year's roadmap, guiding us into the next chapter filled with the Mysteries of Azeroth!

Damn, one year but I'm seeing an interesting future for Turtle WoW.

The 2.0 looks so mysterious, so, the last patch of the 1.0 will be finally Quel'thalas...hmmmm?
Maybe it's some kind of mislead and hint at the same time and it's going to Outland, but not in TBC style?
They let clear Outland will come in the future, I imagine after finishing all zones in Azeroth that where missing in Classic, they will start with Outland as another world.

Deso5618

Post by Deso5618 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:43 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:14 pm
Mavbyte wrote:
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:10 pm

Damn, one year but I'm seeing an interesting future for Turtle WoW.

The 2.0 looks so mysterious, so, the last patch of the 1.0 will be finally Quel'thalas...hmmmm?
Maybe it's some kind of mislead and hint at the same time and it's going to Outland, but not in TBC style?
They let clear Outland will come in the future, I imagine after finishing all zones in Azeroth that where missing in Classic, they will start with Outland as another world.
This makes me curious, what was original plan for Outland zones tbh.
50 lvl rogue. RETIRED.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:10 pm

If Outland is created they need to make sure no player hub is there

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:35 pm

Deso5618 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:43 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Mavbyte wrote:

If you check in Wayback Machine, they planned Outland and Quel'thalas for the 1.15.0, but they retracted in their plans and started their own content with revamped zones and different lore.
So, they changed their way, implemented the two new planned races and started from there, I guess they saved Quel'thalas and Outland cause where there when the lore broked a lot and all people had curiosity and hype for see how Turtle will manage that. Plus, they wanted to learn how to do all the things with experience, like maps, terraforming, quests, dungeons, etc.
If you think, Quel'thalas will be enormous, more than Gilneas, more than Hyjal, so they need time for plan and develop all, so that can be another reason for why they retracted in their original plans for that zone.
Outland will use the original map discarded in the early alpha, but they will expand in their own way.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:59 pm

Qualopec wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:32 am
Mistermadigan wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:23 pm
Please don't kill off Zul'jin - I love that guy. My first server in Vanilla was Zul'jin and it broke my heart to fight him in the Zul'Aman raid. With all the good stuff you've done with Trolls, I trust you fine folks to do him proud.
Same. Zul'Jin is my absolute favorite character in entire Warcraft. What an absolute madlad. His tenacity is legendary and I hated that I had to go against him. Especially when quest in Vanilla were hyping his return, Revanrusk tribe was super loyal ro him.

Even the Darkspears have for /charge "For Zul'Jin!"

His face surpassed his own tribe. He was a well known champion to other troll as well. He was done super dirty in TBC. And with Helves in Alliance I sure hope the Horde will have his back.

I surely hope that Everson wastes really lives up to it's name. Thay land was meant to be so devasyated that belves moved to Outland and left everything behind.

The plotarmor to keep Silvermoon AND restore Sunwell was just insane.
Zul'jin was in Amani'Alor until recent patch. He is not the enemy of the Horde right now and he definitely will not be killed in a raid in TWoW.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:32 pm

i hope that everyone read correctly, that Zul'aman will NOT be a raid or a dungeon, but an entire Zone. :D

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:08 pm

Mavbyte wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:32 pm
i hope that everyone read correctly, that Zul'aman will NOT be a raid or a dungeon, but an entire Zone. :D
Exactly! It seems that north of the Eastern Kingdoms will be made up of two zones, one of which is Zul'Aman!

Booth

Post by Booth » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:37 pm

Do we have any information about the class changes part?

Love the lore and all the wonderfull custom stuff, but i waited so long with such big hope for the last class changes and tbh i got so disapointed i quit the game! i am hopeing for some uniq flavor not the 20 year old broken classes!

Imonobor
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Imonobor » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:26 am

I'm also sceptical about gear with better stats than naxx/tier 3, because it will only widen the gap between fresh dungeon-geared 60s and endgame naxx freight trains in PvP. It's just frustrating and unappealing to new players to even try pvp if they're going to be oneshot all the time. This would especially be a problem on tel'abim, because people go there for the pvp, and would be forced to raid all the way up to naxx and beyond to keep competitive, when they might not even be interested in PvE.

A possible solution would be to make several tiers of PvP gear, with the highest one rivaling endgame PvE gear, but being more suited for pvp (more stamina/introduce resilience stat?). As a whole the entire PvP ranking/reward system could use a serious overhaul. Hope that would be included in the "PvP and Economy updates".

Overall though, a killer roadmap, I am properly hyped! Go turtle!
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Xudo
Has liked: 49 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:26 am

I am also concerned about gear more powerful than current t3. So I made a standalone suggestion about designing its stats: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13071
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Quidoba

Post by Quidoba » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:25 pm

PVP should have instanced tiers just like PVE does.

Tier 1 BGs - open to everyone, participation earns Tier 1 tokens that can be spent to advance to Tier2
Tier 2 BGs - open after T1 token purchase, rewards Tier 2 tokens that can be spent to advance to Tier3
(etc...)

Higher tiers given access to honor systems, or tokens, that give better gear that keeps up with raid tiers, but are pvp itemized with defensive and utility more than healing/dps/tanking.

Drinkjoda

Post by Drinkjoda » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:06 am

Interesting to know about new class changes, and new proffesion

Deso5618

Post by Deso5618 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:55 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:35 pm
Deso5618 wrote:
Dracarusggotham wrote:

If you check in Wayback Machine, they planned Outland and Quel'thalas for the 1.15.0, but they retracted in their plans and started their own content with revamped zones and different lore.
So, they changed their way, implemented the two new planned races and started from there, I guess they saved Quel'thalas and Outland cause where there when the lore broked a lot and all people had curiosity and hype for see how Turtle will manage that. Plus, they wanted to learn how to do all the things with experience, like maps, terraforming, quests, dungeons, etc.
If you think, Quel'thalas will be enormous, more than Gilneas, more than Hyjal, so they need time for plan and develop all, so that can be another reason for why they retracted in their original plans for that zone.
Outland will use the original map discarded in the early alpha, but they will expand in their own way.
This gives me now to think, if Draenei will be playable at all, because in lore reasons. Draenei were not shamans?
50 lvl rogue. RETIRED.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:03 pm

Sylveria wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:32 pm
Certainly, in my post about how I would make Quel'thalas I was influenced a little by the retail Quel'thalas.
Certainly Zul'aman deserves to be more than a dungeon, just like Silvermoon, I think you should think of Zul'aman as the new capital of the Horde (In the absence of a Goblin capital) and start with Silvermoon as some kind of ruins or something like that since the Alliance already has its capitals complete.
Although I think everyone here, myself included, expects Silvermoon more as a raid than as a free exploration zone, similar to Gilneas.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:07 pm

Deso5618 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:55 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Deso5618 wrote:

This gives me now to think, if Draenei will be playable at all, because in lore reasons. Draenei were not shamans?
The Draeneis were the worst retcon that Blizzard committed in retail, since in themselves, they should only exist:
-Broken
-Eredar

The Broken are Draenei who were affected by the fel magic of the orcs and degenerated.
The Eredar are the evil sorcerers of the Burning Legion who, in the original lore, were responsible for driving Sargeras mad and becoming the leader of the Burning Legion.

Sexy muscular retail space goats should never have existed.
I tell you something?
At first the Blood Elves were from the Alliance.
Then we went through the pandaren...which China blocked for cultural reasons, which led us to the Draenei.

So, Canonically, the Pandaren and Blood Elves were an Alliance race at some point in history.

Huoer

Post by Huoer » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:27 am

I sincerely hope to adjust the numerical values of the data, including equipment attributes, skill effects, and skill damage. I feel that it will make the game more fun than making a new version.

Deso5618

Post by Deso5618 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:37 am

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:07 pm
Deso5618 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:55 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:

The Draeneis were the worst retcon that Blizzard committed in retail, since in themselves, they should only exist:
-Broken
-Eredar

The Broken are Draenei who were affected by the fel magic of the orcs and degenerated.
The Eredar are the evil sorcerers of the Burning Legion who, in the original lore, were responsible for driving Sargeras mad and becoming the leader of the Burning Legion.

Sexy muscular retail space goats should never have existed.
I tell you something?
At first the Blood Elves were from the Alliance.
Then we went through the pandaren...which China blocked for cultural reasons, which led us to the Draenei.

So, Canonically, the Pandaren and Blood Elves were an Alliance race at some point in history.
I get it, but still i wouldn't mind space goats playable, but diffrent way here.
50 lvl rogue. RETIRED.

Silvia1984

Post by Silvia1984 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:13 pm

Krotux wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:58 am
Level cap will remain 60 right?
Can you please confirm it? It's probably the most important thing. Level cap 70 would make all the content obsolete, destroy the classic feeling and kill Twow, IMO.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:56 pm

Silvia1984 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:13 pm
Krotux wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:58 am
Level cap will remain 60 right?
Can you please confirm it? It's probably the most important thing. Level cap 70 would make all the content obsolete, destroy the classic feeling and kill Twow, IMO.
The cap remains 60.

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:36 pm

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but wasn't TWoW new content limited to horizontal progression? Aren't tiers 3.5 and 4 a form of vertical progression? I'm a bit saddened by this.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:43 pm

Skumbanana wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:36 pm
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but wasn't TWoW new content limited to horizontal progression? Aren't tiers 3.5 and 4 a form of vertical progression? I'm a bit saddened by this.
I don't see any problem there.
With something higher than T3, guilds and raids who already cleared Naxx countless times will be given new challenges.
I know that i will propably never see those raids, cause I'm not into raiding, but I'd be fine if they get something new to look forward to.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:59 pm

Sylveria wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:43 pm
Skumbanana wrote:
With something higher than T3, guilds and raids who already cleared Naxx countless times will be given new challenges.
I know that i will propably never see those raids, cause I'm not into raiding, but I'd be fine if they get something new to look forward to.
That's the whole reason why horizontal progression is a possible route. It gives people (i.e. maxed out end game raiders) more content to do without breaking the game in certain areas. Here are a couple of examples:
1) PvP - the bigger gap you create in BGs between fresh lvl 60s and end game raiders, the harsher the experience will be for newcomers in BGs. Yes, pvpers recognise that they need to grind it out before acquiring some gear but the disparity between a fresh 60 and a AQ/Naxx geared raider is jarring enough...
2) PvE gearing progression - the more tiers you add to the raiding content, the harder it becomes to keep previous raiding tiers relevant. This is one of the hallmarks of Vanilla and a very attractive quality. When T3.5/4 are added, I really hope that they either make the gear improvements very minor or offer horizontal options (e.g. sets for different specs or gear with a focus on some new stats they have introduced).

Lastly, I know it's not something that people might want to hear, but I think it's OK to truly reach a point in a game when you've achieved all your goals. At this point, I think it's perfectly fine for the individual (who perhaps isn't a PvPer/RPer) to either play on an alt or help others achieve their goals. Over time, people have realised that if you keep adding vertical content, it starts to impact the quality of the game.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:20 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:59 pm
Sylveria wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:43 pm
Skumbanana wrote:
That's the whole reason why horizontal progression is a possible route. It gives people (i.e. maxed out end game raiders) more content to do without breaking the game in certain areas. Here are a couple of examples:
1) PvP - the bigger gap you create in BGs between fresh lvl 60s and end game raiders, the harsher the experience will be for newcomers in BGs. Yes, pvpers recognise that they need to grind it out before acquiring some gear but the disparity between a fresh 60 and a AQ/Naxx geared raider is jarring enough...
2) PvE gearing progression - the more tiers you add to the raiding content, the harder it becomes to keep previous raiding tiers relevant. This is one of the hallmarks of Vanilla and a very attractive quality. When T3.5/4 are added, I really hope that they either make the gear improvements very minor or offer horizontal options (e.g. sets for different specs or gear with a focus on some new stats they have introduced).

Lastly, I know it's not something that people might want to hear, but I think it's OK to truly reach a point in a game when you've achieved all your goals. At this point, I think it's perfectly fine for the individual (who perhaps isn't a PvPer/RPer) to either play on an alt or help others achieve their goals. Over time, people have realised that if you keep adding vertical content, it starts to impact the quality of the game.
i see the problem when it comes to PvP, but maybe it's just me who doesn't care, since Turtle is a Rp-PvE-Server after all. Never got into PvP much myself.
When it comes to making things irrelevant.. i guess it'c a relative thing. When the T3.5 and T4 Raid are so much harder, that you NEED the equipment from the previous tier, i don't see how any Tier will become irrelevant.
As said, I'm not much into raiding myself, but from what i read/heard you needed equipment on T2.5-state to do Naxx. So if the same trend goes on with the future Tiers, i know i repeat myself, i don't see the problem there.

But yes regarding PvP i see the point. Alternative PvP-Sets or an alternative PvP-Gear progression might be needed.. or special PvP-Stats to keep up with "normal" Dungeon/Raid-Sets... what was it again what came with TBC? Resilience and the other thing? I think those stats were made for PvP afaik.

One way or the other, i won't be much afftected by it.

Templar85
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Templar85 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:10 pm

There are many solutions for this issue:

1) Make Rated Arenas, so geared people not stomping low geared ones.
2) Make PVP gear more useful in BG and Arena than PVE gear. For example stun duration lowering chance, moving impairment negate chance, spell reflect, moving speed increasement chance after got hit, spell absorption shields, increasement on dispell resistance chance. Beneficial effects after suffering a critical strike for example mini enrage, spell haste, spell interrupt negate chance increase, mana cost reducing for x seconds.

PvE gearing progression - the more tiers you add to the raiding content, the harder it becomes to keep previous raiding tiers relevant. This is one of the hallmarks of Vanilla and a very attractive quality. When T3.5/4 are added, I really hope that they either make the gear improvements very minor or offer horizontal options (e.g. sets for different specs or gear with a focus on some new stats they have introduced).

Vanilla + is about to giving more options for levelers, lore lovers, collectors, pvpers and raiders. All got new stuff except raiders. Emerald sanctum is not much. There are so many guilds at this point whom clearing Naxx content for a year. They don't got anything yet. Alternative sets are ok and small power creep increasement on stats are ok too, but the point is that raiders need new challenges beside making an alt.

We can have new achievement system for various hard challenges. Like clearing a dungeon with less than 5 people or shorter than x amount of time.
I did 2 men Black Morass sand farm. Killed all bosses but became too slow and boring fast. It was ok for couple of times but would not do again for no reason after got exalted.

Reaperzhang

Post by Reaperzhang » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:04 am

I'd really like turtle wow more than before. The roadmap gives us a promising and bright future.
Forget the burning crusaders and frozen throne then embrace vanilla again!

Biteyou
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Biteyou » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 pm

Skumbanana wrote:
Horizontal progression could be done in the form of changing the meta of gearing, what specs are the most viable for highest output through powerful set bonuses, well itemized items, etc. I don't think adding in T3.5/T4 with slight improvements on gear is a bad thing, anything below Naxx is pretty trivial in Naxx gear already anyway, doesn't really change much.

Grindplayertwo

Post by Grindplayertwo » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:50 am

Maybe turtle wow 2.0 is a fresh server with all the change from 7 years of dev.
I think it will be very good to have a new fresh with phase and all to really enjoying all the changes done.

Or even better, imagine them working in secret on a turtle port to 3.3.5 or 1.14 retail client for better compatibility, modding, support, and changes

Xudo
Has liked: 49 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:05 am

Grindplayertwo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:50 am
Maybe turtle wow 2.0 is a fresh server with all the change from 7 years of dev.
I think it will be very good to have a new fresh with phase and all to really enjoying all the changes done.

Or even better, imagine them working in secret on a turtle port to 3.3.5 or 1.14 retail client for better compatibility, modding, support, and changes
I think it will be none of this.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.