Transfert from tel'abim

Jc473

Re: Transfert from tel'abim

Post by Jc473 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:03 am

Vettan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:16 pm
had a good laugh ty for the excellent representation of copium in the community.

Be ThE ChaNgZE U wAnT tO sEe!

yeah or call the problems by the name so devs. can fix their mistakes.
Why can't we do both...?

I like many of the people have had plenty of discussions with the staff on the discord on how the server could be improved. This resulted in Akalix's foum post (viewtopic.php?t=12138) showing all the intended changes to the server. Is it coming too late for people? Sure, for many, but at least they listened and are doing things about it.

At the same time, we're also playing on the server and having fun. Some of us are running the Traveler guild which is specifically designed to make the world feel more lively (i.e. more chances of finding groups throughout the levelling experience). By the way, the current population isn't just full of players who were then on realm launch. We've had a lot of new people start in the last 2-3 weeks.

If everyone just packed it in to apparently send the message to TWoW that their server isn't 'fit for purpose', then the project would definitely get canned. In my opinion, and many others, that would be a crying shame. So, as mentioned, we will continue to play and have fun, whilst giving the staff our feedback and wait for their changes.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:22 am

I'm sure almost everyone who is laughing at Tel'Abim that it's dead server didn't play here when it had 100 players online.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Mahga

Post by Mahga » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:19 am

Now there's no denying that the server is neat. I found a raiding guild there, i even donated to show appriciation to the devs for the opportunity given to the late joiner like myself on twow to experience progression.

But now, my characters are kind of stuck. I can't farm my t0 on my mage because there's not enough people to run scholomance more than once every evening. I cant run ZG or Kara regularly because we cant fill the dps roles, let alone tanks and healer.

It's just a feelsbadman all around.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:27 am

From what i've seen thus far and the suffering of player-groups unable to access content due to the declining playerbase, i personally hope that Turtle will allow Transfers from Tel'abim to Nordanaar, so they can join the better populated realm, before those players may be gone for good.

Ataika
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Ataika » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:27 am

Zvyrhol wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:22 am
I'm sure almost everyone who is laughing at Tel'Abim that it's dead server didn't play here when it had 100 players online.
The ultra copium truck has arrived i see.
Soon banana realm will rise from the ashes, and the online gonna explode from 100 online to 5000 as the main one did, yeah. Just wait a little bit.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:44 am

Ataika wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:27 am
Zvyrhol wrote:
Soon banana realm will rise from the ashes, and the online gonna explode from 100 online to 5000 as the main one did, yeah. Just wait a little bit.
Zvyrhol’s comment isn’t necessarily referring to a population explosion. The point is that a small population (~100) over a few years can still have plenty of fun. So, our population of about 500-700 (EU peak) will also make the most of it and have fun. Personally, I don’t care to have the server reach Nordanaar levels; that brings plenty of other problems! If Tel’Abim ever hovered around 1-2k players, that’s good enough for me.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:49 am

Jc473 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:44 am
Ataika wrote:
Zvyrhol wrote:
Zvyrhol’s comment isn’t necessarily referring to a population explosion. The point is that a small population (~100) over a few years can still have plenty of fun. So, our population of about 500-700 (EU peak) will also make the most of it and have fun. Personally, I don’t care to have the server reach Nordanaar levels; that brings plenty of other problems! If Tel’Abim ever hovered around 1-2k players, that’s good enough for me.
it wasnt fun if you are not roleplaying.
I was there during these times and beside having fun in Lion's Pride inn roleplaying with others you cant play wow properly due to lowest online.
Started raiding only when i saw the online increase, it was a miracle, the chat was monitoring /who online and reacting to an every +100 increase like it was a miracle. Everyone was happy.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:19 pm

Ataika wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:49 am
Jc473 wrote:
it wasnt fun if you are not roleplaying.
I was there during these times and beside having fun in Lion's Pride inn roleplaying with others you cant play wow properly due to lowest online.
Started raiding only when i saw the online increase, it was a miracle, the chat was monitoring /who online and reacting to an every +100 increase like it was a miracle. Everyone was happy.
That's fair enough.

As for the current Tel'Abim population, I think people are having fun in their own way. There is the wPvP crowd who organise city raids frequently and are posting pictures in the discord about it. For the people who like BGs, there always seems to be one running from 16:00-23:00 (GMT). I've spent the last couple of weeks enjoying BGs during this time frame.

In terms of flesh blood and people levelling alts, well, I can only speak for my levelling guild (Traveler). Since it's inception (~3 weeks ago), we now have ~300 members with about 15-30 people online at any moment. I just checked and about 80% of the guild's 'Last Online' status was '<1 day'. We only have about ~10 level 60 characters. The rest of them are peopling levelling alts and new players coming to the server.

Are people who yearn for constant dungeon spam (especially at level 60) frustrated? Yeah, probably. I have a couple of 60s myself and it's unfortunate that I cannot gear them very easily. All I can say is that there are plenty of people still on the journey to 60. If people stick around (maybe do some PvP or level alts), in time, there will be more waves of fresh 60s looking for end game dungeons.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:59 pm

Jc473 wrote:
The point is that a small population (~100) over a few years can still have plenty of fun. So, our population of about 500-700 (EU peak) will also make the most of it and have fun. Personally, I don’t care to have the server reach Nordanaar levels; that brings plenty of other problems! If Tel’Abim ever hovered around 1-2k players, that’s good enough for me.
I've played on a number of (private) servers over the past years, and most of the time they were either overcrowded or underpopulated. Should Tel'Abim manage to grow to 1-2k, I'd see that as an improvement, but right now I prefer 500 over 5000.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:58 pm

Charanko wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:29 pm
Thecakeisalie wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:50 pm
C’mon guys, the Turtle dev team has put down time and resources to provide a pvp realm and now you’re abandoning ship?

The problem of not enough tanks or healers is a universal problem and not just in Tel’abim.

So much for listening to the pvp crowd. I guess the dev team should just stick to it’s initial idea of slow and steady…
Were not abandoning nothing :) but balance needs to happen soon :) everything is overtuned
If everything is ''overtuned'' then it is fair ;)
Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:59 am
Hm.. wasn't there way before launch of Tel'abim concerns regarding a pvp realm?
Wondering how there aren't hundreds of post here like "we said this would happen"? o_o

Nonetheless: I'm sorry your realm over there is going through this stuff.
Because we were/are worried for our wonderful server. We were motivated by concern, not pettiness.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:10 pm

if you wanna know how the PvP server looks like check here - https://www.youtube.com/@Maje51Stik

Then you can continue crying about pop numbers.
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:15 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:10 pm
if you wanna know how the PvP server looks like check here - https://www.youtube.com/@Maje51Stik

Your tarrenmills vs southshore encounter pretty sums up the pvp styate on the server
(you pvp for 15 min, quit server and play dota for 2 hours)

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:25 pm

Ataika wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:15 pm
Majestik51 wrote:

Your tarrenmills vs southshore encounter pretty sums up the pvp styate on the server
allies gave up man, we got to give em some air so they dont abandon the server once and for all :P

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:34 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:25 pm
Ataika wrote:
Majestik51 wrote:

allies gave up man, we got to give em some air so they dont abandon the server once and for all :P
tbh i've watched ur dota gameplay love the allstars old version :P

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:40 pm

Ataika wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:34 pm
Majestik51 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:25 pm
Ataika wrote:

tbh i've watched ur dota gameplay love the allstars old version :P
cant live without war3 bro, even if the world is destroyed and no computer games exist again, i will keep a copy of war3 safe, im in love with this game. and ofc since i was a kid (2005) dota tournies was a big thing and is my best moba ever.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:42 pm

Ataika wrote:
Majestik51 wrote:

This is not really about pvp state of the server. It is more about pvp system in WoW as a whole.
In DotA you stand directly against enemy players and have to fight them or you "lose".
In WoW both factions are busy doing their own business around the world and can easily ignore eachother. You can't "lose" PvP in long term in WoW.

Low population adds on top of this. Low number of players are spread all over the world. So it is basically long singleplayer adventure until you get to 60 and start farming AV/WSG.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:42 pm

tel'abim more like Tel'alone.

Mahga

Post by Mahga » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:27 pm

Again to keep it around what i posted originally :

Would you be for or against a transfert to Nordanar ?

With or Without Gold
With or Without bank (excluding Quests items)

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:34 pm

Mahga wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:27 pm
Again to keep it around what i posted originally :

Would you be for or against a transfert to Nordanar ?

With or Without Gold
With or Without bank (excluding Quests items)
u dont need no transfer, just press 'create new character' button maintenance_turtle

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:43 pm

hehe in an glass half empty prespective ill say turtlr pvp server is like many others that i have played over the years (elisyum,light hope, nost and many others "dad" servers), but this one seems to get the fast achiev for the "dad" category.
The optimist perspective, my advice is to follow the jc163 posts.

Thol

Post by Thol » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:00 pm

Mahga wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:03 pm
Can you please allow us to leave the dying server and get back to an actual thriving server.
Reroll on Nordanaar, with tents providing perma rested xp and war mode free xp it doesn't take that long.
Wilsonsds wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:34 pm
how about allowing cross faction of Telabin?
Reroll on Nordanaar, they have cross faction there.
Twinking wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:02 pm
The open world is almost empty and has no PvP.
No PvP btw:
Vettan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:53 am
How can u loose 4,5k players in 3 months and still stand there and pretend u dont need this and that were fine with 500.
Not everyone is obsessed with pop, get over it. We just log on and have fun. Still having fun on Tel'Abim everyday. Did the pop drop, yes, and then what, I'm still having fun on the server for now. If you care about pop that much just reroll on Nordanaar.
Raxk wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:27 pm
We never needed another server, Nordaanar had a huge pop of mostly Chinese players.
I come from Nordanaar, I don't miss it, I'm perfectly content with Tel'Abim atm. If you like playing with a huge pop of silent players it's your choice.
Ataika wrote:
Not everyone is obsessed with pop numbers, get over it.
Ataika wrote:
You can't even get your facts straight, his southshore vs tarren mill video includes 1h40 of WPvP with 20vs20 players, before he switches to warcraft 3. It's obvious you are a just bad actor, here to diss the server, can't take people like you seriously.

Vettan

Post by Vettan » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:26 pm

Thol wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:00 pm
Mahga wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:03 pm
Can you please allow us to leave the dying server and get back to an actual thriving server.
Reroll on Nordanaar, with tents providing perma rested xp and war mode free xp it doesn't take that long.
Wilsonsds wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:34 pm
how about allowing cross faction of Telabin?
Reroll on Nordanaar, they have cross faction there.
Twinking wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:02 pm
The open world is almost empty and has no PvP.
No PvP btw:
Vettan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:53 am
How can u loose 4,5k players in 3 months and still stand there and pretend u dont need this and that were fine with 500.
Not everyone is obsessed with pop, get over it. We just log on and have fun. Still having fun on Tel'Abim everyday. Did the pop drop, yes, and then what, I'm still having fun on the server for now. If you care about pop that much just reroll on Nordanaar.
Raxk wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:27 pm
We never needed another server, Nordaanar had a huge pop of mostly Chinese players.
I come from Nordanaar, I don't miss it, I'm perfectly content with Tel'Abim atm. If you like playing with a huge pop of silent players it's your choice.
Ataika wrote:
Not everyone is obsessed with pop numbers, get over it.
Ataika wrote:
You can't even get your facts straight, his southshore vs tarren mill video includes 1h40 of WPvP with 20vs20 players, before he switches to warcraft 3. It's obvious you are a just bad actor, here to diss the server, can't take people like you seriously.
Stop the damn copium mate its getting ridicolous at this point. Obsessed with pop... lol u lost 200 players alone in january and u still coping sad_turtle

Thol

Post by Thol » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:45 pm

Vettan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:14 am
Let Tel`Abim die and wait for the players to complain about the chinese realm situation the moment they hop on the PVE realm. Turtles mismanagement clearly causing a downfall here. The PVE realm suffers the pvp one suffers i would not even want to play on any of those anymore.
Vettan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:14 am
And i left the official server due to same reason i leave turtle somehow ironic.
Imaging what the situation will be like when Epoch releases. dead_turtle_head
And yet you're still here? You seem unable to move on. I guess you'll stay here spreading negativity until project Epoch releases?

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:30 pm

Pointing out consensus facts = spreading negativity, okay
People like you are the reason why this server is dying - instead of raising the attention to problem you are trying to ignore it and cope around. The logic " you are the enemy of turtle wow because you complain about this important problem" is worst.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:20 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:30 pm
Pointing out consensus facts = spreading negativity, okay
Actually - yes. People spreading the word "server is dying" are also part of why it is dying.
If you will complain too much, then devs could do some unpredictable change and I'm not sure that you will like it.
So instead of just "raising the alarm", I think you should post something like "please progress phases faster" or "please shedule some event there" or "please TBC honor system" or "please class changes" or "please open transfers to Tel'Abim" or some other specific call for help.
When people have asked for herbs in dungeons, devs actually have added Plaguebloom to Stratholme.
When people have asked for more RTV veins, devs shared their locations with normal Thorium Veins.

Then you will find that it is not that easy to ask for something to increase population of Tel'Abim. Because devs set the rules, but decision whether people want to play those rules or not is only up to players.

Why do you personally don't play Tel'Abim?
I find myself very lazy to play these days. I even started NE druid, get to lvl 18 and plan to level it as tanking feral. But I decided to do all starting zone quests because later I will not receive that almost free xp on grey quests and probably won't get faction capital reputation. But running all those errands in every starting zone tend to be tiresome and not really fun. Yeah. My efficiency killed my fun.
I would transfer my lvl 60 druid from Nordnaar to Tel'Abim because I am not involved in raiding anyway. But transfers are closed in both directions.
Have fun not only at 60.

Tanasa

Post by Tanasa » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:31 pm

Just let homies roll on over with a cap on gold if they wanna get outta there. Shouldn't be penalized for a botched experiment and who gives a shit about a couple hundred extra level 60's on this living metastasis that is the main realm.

The punitive attitude towards people wanting to have fun in a video game has gotten really loud on here and it's a real bummer vibe to see the same four or five faces howling about everything that desecrates their sacred vision of where TWoW's resources should be allocated.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:09 pm

Xudo wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:20 pm
Actually - yes. People spreading the word "server is dying" are also part of why it is dying.
Nope, people started "server is dying" thing when the steady online's decline appeared.
You can start posting the same about main server but online wont decrease on the same rate as pvp sewrver did, obviously, because ur conslusion wrong and the reason of a steady decline is not the people spreading rumors (facts)

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:26 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:09 pm
Xudo wrote:
Nope, people started "server is dying" thing when the steady online's decline appeared.
You can start posting the same about main server but online wont decrease on the same rate as pvp sewrver did, obviously, because ur conslusion wrong and the reason of a steady decline is not the people spreading rumors (facts)
ummm... and?

Whether the rhetoric of "server is dying" caused the server to start to die or not isn't what Xudo's comment is about.

They specifically said it is 'part' of the reason why it is dying.

Do you honestly think this rhetoric doesn't contribute at all?

As already mentioned, it's healthy to recognise the faults of the server and then to produce some constructive feedback. However, most of the negative feedback (including ths "server is dying" rhetoric) isn't constructive at all....
Last edited by Jc473 on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:58 pm

"server is dying" comes after "im so hyped with the fresh server", nothing new here!

Maybe the twow process was faster than usual, in an optimist pov :p we can say that twow pvp server died allot faster than others and deserve an achieve :)

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:21 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:26 pm
Ataika wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:09 pm
Xudo wrote:
ummm... and?

Whether the rhetoric of "server is dying" caused the server to start to die or not isn't what Xudo's comment is about.

They specifically said it is 'part' of the reason why it is dying.

Do you honestly think this rhetoric doesn't contribute at all?

As already mentioned, it's healthy to recognise the faults of the server and then to produce some constructive feedback. However, most of the negative feedback (including ths "server is dying" rhetoric) isn't constructive at all....
Before the constructive feedback we have to deal with the "server is fine" copium crowd.
Iam planning to see their reduced numbers at 200 online.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:34 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:21 pm
Before the constructive feedback we have to deal with the "server is fine" copium crowd.
Well, I'm sorry but that is just destructive behaviour. I have no idea why you will take pleasure in 'planning to see the numbers reduce to 200 online'. Just to rub it in their faces?

Who cares if people are blindly optimistic on the future of the server. Why does this annoy you and warrant this sort of behaviour?

I'd also like to point out that there is no way you would ever act like this in a face-to-face situation. This is just an example of people happily saying whatever they want behind the veil of anonymity the internet provides.... :(

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:12 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:21 pm
What will be your next step?
I think it is good idea to do that step now.
Have fun not only at 60.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:29 am

To make it short:

a) The server is quite obviously not dead. However, we could use a slight increase in population, especially on the NA side. People should also consider the lack of cross faction when comparing the current population to the population of the original realm a few years. Still, as Eu player I prefer the current conditions to an overcrowded realm. I'm having a good time here.

b) As some posters pointed out: "dead server" and "copium" rhethorics are purely destructive. As Xudo (and others) pointed out, please feel free to make useful suggestions. Otherwise, nobody anybodys blessing if they choose to leave the server because they think it doesn't have a future but they can at least shut up about it.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:09 am

follow my channel and free ur mind from bad thoughts ! ! ! turtle_tongue_head

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:12 pm

What the pvp server need is the "vannila players" that used to play in twow before the classic/china hype.

The efficient ppl (classic) that play atm in pvp server will decrease, and the asia farmers (china/russia) on pve soon or later need to leave too, because if no EU buyers there is no point to stay here. I bet atm the pve server have less than 1k EU/NA players at prime time.

Check this sound boys :)