New queue prioritization system is in place!

Geojak
Has liked: 11 times

Re: New queue prioritization system is in place!

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:05 pm

Zvhdd wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:31 pm
Neoporco wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:23 pm
Gnomoerectus wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:15 pm

Such as the privilege of having three dedicated servers?
Blizzard once had 400 servers in China. If we add these four Turtle servers, there will be a total of 404. Who is more privileged than who

You need to understand that the expansion of these three servers by Turtle Server is aimed at solving the problem and does not add any privileges to the original narrow server capacity
How about just ban (in the program level) non-English / ASCII characters in the chat and other channels?
This is already in the official plan of the devs and should happen as soon as sea transfers are open
Last edited by Geojak on Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnomoerectus

Post by Gnomoerectus » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:05 pm

Neoporco wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:46 pm
Gnomoerectus wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:30 pm
Neoporco wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Blizzard once had 400 servers in China. If we add these four Turtle servers, there will be a total of 404. Who is more privileged than who

You need to understand that the expansion of these three servers by Turtle Server is aimed at solving the problem and does not add any privileges to the original narrow server capacity
The problem was caused by the chinese players in the first place and the privilege is not getting rangebanned.
Do Asian servers restrict European IP login?

Since Asian servers do not restrict European IP login, European players' unwillingness to log in to Asian servers is a matter of their own intention

But the European server intercepted Asian players who were interested in logging into the European server

Asian servers have not taken restrictive measures, only European servers that consider themselves non racist have taken this measure
The queues in the asian servers(3) that affect the chinese are caused by the chinese.
The queues in the european server(1) that affect the rest of the planet are caused by the chinese.
There would be literally no reason to restrict european logins other than pure spite (which is clearly what you're displaying here) because 1: they sure as hell don't want to play on your servers and 2: they aren't affecting queue times.
You can cry as much as you want but so long as you're the cause the problem you won't find people that sympathise with you.
Last edited by Gnomoerectus on Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uncmage

Post by Uncmage » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:22 pm

I'm Chinese and I'm disappointed.

Some of us are being mad and said unreasonable things here. But you know what, we are mad and should say what we should.

Since when are we forced to say the same language in an mmorpg? Don't tell me about the server rules. You all got time for reading server rules? I once played a game called EVE oh boy you will get surprised how many languages are spoken there. And what about those who just want to mind their own bussiness and not interacting at all? I have always been a quiet one and wow has been my peaceful harbor. I speak only to people I know well and get awkward with strangers. The language thing is a lie. It's a cover. Just admit it. You don't like to see spams or spaces. It's annoying I know. But you took one very irresponsible measure and decorate it with nice execuses.

IMO what actually happened:
Twow team (understandably) failed to see the sharp incline in player base and didn't took action to upgrade their hardware.
There are certainly golder sellers growing in EU, and the team failed to ban them, which is the primary reason for the queue problem.
Now instead of having more GMs to ban them, they took a very "convenient" action which is to force all Chinese to another server, and hope the gold sellers go with them. Guess what? If you are not able to manage this situation in EU, how are we confident, you can manage this in SEA? But now it's not your problem anymore is it? The Chinese can RMT their ass off in the SEA and it won't hurt your EU butt. And the [][]s are gone too hopefully.

That's classic double standard. Just admit it. You're not willing, nor capable of providing the same quality of service. But in the time of crises, EU citizen comes first. Just say the word. We will gladly admit that we misjudged you for better.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:43 pm

Uncmage wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:22 pm

Some of us are being mad and said unreasonable things here. But you know what, we are mad and should say what we should.

Since when are we forced to say the same language in an mmorpg? Don't tell me about the server rules. You all got time for reading server rules? I once played a game called EVE oh boy you will get surprised how many languages are spoken there. And what about those who just want to mind their own bussiness and not interacting at all? I have always been a quiet one and wow has been my peaceful harbor. I speak only to people I know well and get awkward with strangers. The language thing is a lie. It's a cover. Just admit it. You don't like to see spams or spaces. It's annoying I know. But you took one very irresponsible measure and decorate it with nice execuses.

Twow team (understandably) failed to see the sharp incline in player base and didn't took action to upgrade their hardware.
There are certainly golder sellers growing in EU, and the team failed to ban them, which is the primary reason for the queue problem.
Now instead of having more GMs to ban them, they took a very "convenient" action which is to force all Chinese to another server, and hope the gold sellers go with them. Guess what? If you are not able to manage this situation in EU, how are we confident, you can manage this in SEA? But now it's not your problem anymore is it? The Chinese can RMT their ass off in the SEA and it won't hurt your EU butt. And the [][]s are gone too hopefully.

That's classic double standard. Just admit it. You're not willing, nor capable of providing the same quality of service. But in the time of crises, EU citizen comes first. Just say the word. We will gladly admit that we misjudged you for better.
You never read the server rules? You should.
Rly these types of accusations get so old.
We value an English speaking server environment
You obviously don't. Adapt or move.

How would you feel if your Chinese town was in the spawn of a month quadrupled in size and all these new peolpe all speak Hungarian, noone on the streets speaks your language anymore, and your cultures is replaced by this new majority. It would suck, you would feel not at home anymore and you would be mad for being colonised and conquered.

Sorry but this is exactly what happened here on twow eu.
All I ask you to is adapt to the English culture on the EU server instead of replacing it. It woild not be an issue if there were just <10% Chinese. Buts that's just not the case, and that's why measured had to be taken. You can even use the English client to go around the queue prio system as long as you don't use the Chinese client because if you use that you rly sjoild not be here.

Call it double standards if you want.

Mynamewastaken

Post by Mynamewastaken » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:51 pm

Uncmage wrote:

EVE is different case. There's one server with 100k online and there are no queues.

The Twow server obviously can't handle all the people who want to play. Launched separate servers.
And until there were no separate Chinese servers, the administration had a very tolerant policy.

Mynamewastaken

Post by Mynamewastaken » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:58 pm

Well and in my understanding of the Chinese mentality, in a mirror situation they would send the Europeans to hell at the first inconvenience, instead of fiddling with them until the last.

Neoporco

Post by Neoporco » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:04 pm

Gnomoerectus wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:05 pm
Neoporco wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:46 pm
Gnomoerectus wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:30 pm

The problem was caused by the chinese players in the first place and the privilege is not getting rangebanned.
Do Asian servers restrict European IP login?

Since Asian servers do not restrict European IP login, European players' unwillingness to log in to Asian servers is a matter of their own intention

But the European server intercepted Asian players who were interested in logging into the European server

Asian servers have not taken restrictive measures, only European servers that consider themselves non racist have taken this measure
The queues in the asian servers(3) that affect the chinese are caused by the chinese.
The queues in the european server(1) that affect the rest of the planet are caused by the chinese.
There would be literally no reason to restrict european logins other than pure spite (which is clearly what you're displaying here) because 1: they sure as hell don't want to play on your servers and 2: they aren't affecting queue times.
You can cry as much as you want but so long as you're the cause the problem you won't find people that sympathise with you.
You're right. Having double standards and empathy are usually mutually exclusive

Kazel9090

Post by Kazel9090 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:04 pm

Akalix wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:08 pm
Greetings!

We have an update to share with everyone about our queue prioritization system, which will be in effect upon the next restart.

Our new queue system provides priority for our English community on our Turtle EU realm. As we have multiple new, lively realms launched in the SEA region, we have developed this system with the concept in mind that our Turtle EU realm is primarily for our English community, and our Turtle Asia network is primarily for our CN community.

We will continue to tweak this system as needed in the future, however, we expect that it will solve many issues veteran players have been facing.
What prio is there else?

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:01 pm

This is somewhat "out-of-character" for me to say… but why hasn't this topic been closed yet?

No one's really talking about the actual subject of the topic, at this point – they're too busy arguing "racism vs. necessity" – and it doesn't seem like the staff aren't willing to answer questions about the new queue system – not that they need to. Apparently, the new system works based on the client language? That seems ineffectual and very easy to circumvent… and already has been, since the queues are, reportedly, back to being outrageous.

Anyway, yeah. Topic's burning like a tire fire: hot and stinky. So. d:

Edit: Oh.

What's that old saying? "Top tier kek"?

Edit 2:
That "queue circumvention tutorial" topic has been removed by the moderators. (But, the damage is already done, so…)
Last edited by Jolikmc on Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:20 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:01 pm
This is somewhat "out-of-character" for me to say… but why hasn't this topic been closed yet?

No one's really talking about the actual subject of the topic, at this point – they're too busy arguing "racism vs. necessity" – and it doesn't seem like the staff aren't willing to answer questions about the new queue system – not that they need to. Apparently, the new system works based on the client language? That seems ineffectual and very easy to circumvent… and already has been, since the queues are, reportedly, back to being outrageous.

Anyway, yeah. Topic's burning like a tire fire: hot and stinky. So. d:

Edit: Oh.

What's that old saying? "Top tier kek"?
TOP-TIER KEK happy_turtle_head happy_turtle_head happy_turtle_head
Greetings from Ham(da)(the)... (warr) (getter) (etc..)

GIT GUD

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Akalix » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:10 am

Uncmage wrote:

This is beyond a bad faith argument and is a borderline attempt at smearing.

Our GM team, which has been actively expanding, is not the issue. We have continued to monitor and punish RMT. We will continue to enforce our strict anti-RMT policies across all our realms, regardless of region.

Our EU Network, which is staffed by English GMs, only offers support in English. Additionally we have, and have had for multiple years, a rule requiring English in all public channels. Any user's failure to read the Terms of Service they agree to is not the responsibility of anyone but themselves. If your entire argument is predicated on an unwillingness or inability to read/follow our rules, then there's no discussion to be had.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Miemieko

Post by Miemieko » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:54 am

You as a Chinese to say this is really disappointing and hopeless. You're enjoying the administration of another country [the game] and you're not following the rules, making more and more European players think that's the way the Chinese are. Your existence is a piece of shit. If you don't follow the most basic rules, you don't deserve to live on this server. Your existence is called a refugee in real life (sorry that seems insulting to refugees), and you should be grateful to have a server that allows you to survive instead of pouring your unthinking irrational demands on the WOW team. angry_turtle

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:25 am

Uncmage wrote:
words
tl;dr "I don't have to follow the rules because I'm an entitled child and to reinforce my excellent rhetoric, I'm going to convolute a conspiracy theory and present the current situation in the worst possible light."

Shut the fuck up.

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:47 am

Uncmage wrote:

The staff favours EU/NA players on an EU based server that used to have an EU/NA community for 5 years before the invasion? Unthinkable!

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:57 am

Akalix wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:10 am
Uncmage wrote:

Our GM team, which has been actively expanding, is not the issue. We have continued to monitor and punish RMT. We will continue to enforce our strict anti-RMT policies across all our realms, regardless of region.

Our EU Network, which is staffed by English GMs, only offers support in English. Additionally we have, and have had for multiple years, a rule requiring English in all public channels. Any user's failure to read the Terms of Service they agree to is not the responsibility of anyone but themselves. If your entire argument is predicated on an unwillingness or inability to read/follow our rules, then there's no discussion to be had.
Thank you for saying it like it is Akalix! I am sorry you and the team have to endure such nonsense and thank you for your continued hard work smiling_turtle_head

Fresharugula

Post by Fresharugula » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:34 pm

Mynamewastaken wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:58 pm
Well and in my understanding of the Chinese mentality, in a mirror situation they would send the Europeans to hell at the first inconvenience, instead of fiddling with them until the last.
The biggest of facts. Turtle devs treated the incoming Chinese WAY more respectfully than if it had been the other way around

Fresharugula

Post by Fresharugula » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:35 pm

Akalix wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:10 am
Uncmage wrote:

Good to see the GMs getting as frustrated with these bad faith arguments as the rest of is. Absolutely sick of the his victimhood complex they wanna whip out constantly.

Victormolten1

Post by Victormolten1 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:37 pm

i start the queue in the 400 place, 5 minutes after I am in the 600 place, why? I'm from Europe

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:40 pm

Uncmage wrote:

I’m not disappointed because I know the staff are working hard and trying their best to make everyone happy and that’s a really difficult — if not impossible — task to perform. But they have a plan and it seems like a good one so I say give them some time to execute their plan. And while you do that you ought to read the rules. To answer your question yes I have read through them before. It took a couple minutes. You should also apologize to the staff for making up lies about them. Being mad is no excuse for being so rude.

Veipera

Post by Veipera » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:14 pm

why do i have 600 que while my friends dont? we are from same country eu.

Voidcaller5

Post by Voidcaller5 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:33 pm

WTF is going on? I'm from Ukraine and my queue is acting like non EU ie position is jumping up and down!
Last edited by Voidcaller5 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3azc

Post by 3azc » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:35 pm

Voidcaller5 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:33 pm
WTF is going on? I'm from Ukraine and my queue action is acting like non EU ie position is jumping up and down!
Same thing. Im from Turkey

Cc515k2

Post by Cc515k2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:02 am

Fresharugula wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:59 pm
Cc515k2 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:53 am
Harkus wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:41 pm

Assuming you speak English, EU :D
If he doesn't speak English. According to the current rules, he will be discriminated against.
You can quit with the victimhood complex.
It’s not discrimination , just follow the rules that have ALWAYS been in place. Or go to the servers that the devs pain stakingly set up for you where English is not the official language.

Everyone here is absolutely sick of the victimhood “you guys are racist for this” nonsense
So where should I go if I know English, Chinese, and a little German. Do I have multiple options. Of course, I am Chinese.

Cc515k2

Post by Cc515k2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:04 am

Cc515k2 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:02 am
Fresharugula wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:59 pm
Cc515k2 wrote:

If he doesn't speak English. According to the current rules, he will be discriminated against.
You can quit with the victimhood complex.
It’s not discrimination , just follow the rules that have ALWAYS been in place. Or go to the servers that the devs pain stakingly set up for you where English is not the official language.

Everyone here is absolutely sick of the victimhood “you guys are racist for this” nonsense
So where should I go if I know English, Chinese, and a little German. Do I have multiple options. Of course, I am Chinese.
If this is a European server, it specifically provides services for European players. So it's not a problem for us Chinese people to leave here. If this is an English server, do players who do not speak English want to leave.

Sccfo

Post by Sccfo » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:06 am

I'm in the United States, I'm Chinese, and I like to use Chinese clients. Why queue? Why can't I log in? You are discriminating against people who speak Chinese! You are racist!

Cc515k2

Post by Cc515k2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:10 am

Fischminister wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:10 am
Cc515k2 wrote:
Harkus wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:41 pm

Assuming you speak English, EU :D
boi oh boi do we have a dentcanyon here.

so you are going to an english website with english service and cry that they dont cater to your needs.
i am not a native englishspeaker and i knew that i had to speak english if i dont find a german community. after that short thought i made the desicion that i can handle that and joined.

if you dont inform yourself properly its not the fault of everyone else and only yours. so bugger off to your sea-server that was made for your kind and dont pester us with your fake morals.

It's obvious. Many people are discriminating against Chinese people who speak English, for example, I am now communicating with you in English. You informed me to leave the English server. Clearly racist thinking. Although you tried to explain with victim thinking, what you did was Nazi behavior.

Cc515k2

Post by Cc515k2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:11 am

Cc515k2 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:10 am
Fischminister wrote:
Cc515k2 wrote:

so you are going to an english website with english service and cry that they dont cater to your needs.
i am not a native englishspeaker and i knew that i had to speak english if i dont find a german community. after that short thought i made the desicion that i can handle that and joined.

if you dont inform yourself properly its not the fault of everyone else and only yours. so bugger off to your sea-server that was made for your kind and dont pester us with your fake morals.

It's obvious. Many people are discriminating against Chinese people who speak English, for example, I am now communicating with you in English. You informed me to leave the English server. Clearly racist thinking. Although you tried to explain with victim thinking, what you did was Nazi behavior. Pay attention to your vocabulary: your own kind. You have divided humans into categories, high and low, high and low.

Cc515k2

Post by Cc515k2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:12 am

Cc515k2 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:11 am
Cc515k2 wrote:
Fischminister wrote:

It's obvious. Many people are discriminating against Chinese people who speak English, for example, I am now communicating with you in English. You informed me to leave the English server. Clearly racist thinking. Although you tried to explain with victim thinking, what you did was Nazi behavior. Pay attention to your vocabulary: your own kind. You have classified humans into categories and levels.

Cc515k2

Post by Cc515k2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:13 am

unhappy_turtle_head

Cc515k2

Post by Cc515k2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:14 am

Cc515k2 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:12 am
Cc515k2 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:11 am
Cc515k2 wrote:

It's obvious. Many people are discriminating against Chinese people who speak English, for example, I am now communicating with you in English. You informed me to leave the English server. Clearly racist thinking. Although you tried to explain with victim thinking, what you did was Nazi behavior. Pay attention to your vocabulary: your own kind. You have classified humans into categories and levels. If you work in politics in Europe, you will be in big trouble now.

Cc515k2

Post by Cc515k2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:16 am

Neoporco wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:40 pm
Reploidrocsa wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:57 am
Cc515k2 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:47 am
The Asian server was built with funding from Chinese partners and is not free. Please note that people like you are actually playing completely free games. We are willing to raise funds to install more servers, provided that we comply with the game rules of Turtle Warcraft. Your superior attitude reminds me of the Nazis.
I cant believe he compared the Eu comunity to nazis
Being born in China is not the fault of these players
It's not the player's fault that China has a large population, it's just that it has so many people
You ban them, label them, restrict them just because of their identity. Even if you're not a Nazi, you're still racist
It is obvious that the remarks are directed at you personally.

Blackcat2023

Post by Blackcat2023 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:19 am

什么都好。愿喜欢艾泽拉斯的人民幸福团结。没有美国政客的偏见

Everything is good. May the people who love Azeroth be happy and united. Without prejudice from American politicians

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:35 am

Sccfo wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:06 am
I'm in the United States, I'm Chinese, and I like to use Chinese clients. Why queue? Why can't I log in? You are discriminating against people who speak Chinese! You are racist!
What are you talking about? Homo Sapiens is one race, just different ethnicities and some physiological differences based on geographic factors. Chinese and Sudanese and Mexican and German are the same race - Homo Sapiens.

Gnomoerectus

Post by Gnomoerectus » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:36 am

Gweilo doesn't do what you want? Call him racist and try to guilt-trip him into bending the knee, knowing that if the siruation were reversed you'd tell him to get lost.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:18 am

Cc515k2 wrote:
Fischminister wrote:
Cc515k2 wrote:

It's obvious. Many people are discriminating against Chinese people who speak English, for example, I am now communicating with you in English. You informed me to leave the English server. Clearly racist thinking. Although you tried to explain with victim thinking, what you did was Nazi behavior.
Nazi behaviours. Wow, this is insulting... To the actual nazis /s