Banned for non-offensive name

Sofel

Banned for non-offensive name

Post by Sofel » Fri May 17, 2024 12:07 am

Just wanted to say bye ya'll it was fun till i got my lvl 54 protection warrior banned for my name kennychesney. Apparenlty Turtle Wow is run by softies. So instead of creating a new account and all that I guess I'll just head over to retail for a bit to get my wow fix. Just thought it was funny. But hey, keep pushing down the community and see where it takes ya.

Borefficz

Re: Banned for non-offensive name

Post by Borefficz » Fri May 17, 2024 10:14 am

Why would they ban you for that name? Doesn't make any sense.

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Fri May 17, 2024 11:09 am

"Who is kenny chesney
Kenny Chesney is an American country music singer, songwriter, and guitarist. He was born on March 26, 1968, in Knoxville, Tennessee. Chesney has been active in the music industry since the 1990s and has released numerous successful albums and singles throughout his career.

Here are some key points about Kenny Chesney:

He is a four-time Entertainer of the Year winner, having won the award from the Academy of Country Music (ACM) in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.
He has had over 30 Top 10 singles on the Billboard Country Airplay chart, including 32 number one hits.
He has sold over 30 million albums worldwide and has been certified platinum or multi-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for several of his albums.
He is known for his high-energy live performances, which often feature his signature guitar playing and crowd-pleasing anthems.
He has been named one of the most successful country artists of all time by the RIAA and has been inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
He has been romantically linked to several high-profile celebrities, including Renée Zellweger and Amy Colley.
He is known for his philanthropic efforts, particularly in the area of disaster relief and children’s charities.
He has been praised for his songwriting skills, which often focus on themes of love, partying, and small-town life.
He has collaborated with numerous other artists, including Tim McGraw, George Strait, and Zac Brown Band.
He has been recognized for his business acumen, having founded his own record label, Blue Chair Records, and his own clothing line, No Shoes Nation.
Overall, Kenny Chesney is a highly successful and influential country music artist known for his catchy songs, energetic live performances, and dedication to his fans."

Ai generated

????

Why get banned for that? Doesn't seem controversial.
Is this a perma Bann? Not even a, warning before? Just uff

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Fri May 17, 2024 11:55 am

Dude with a single forum post claims he got perma banned over a non-offensive name, providing zero evidence. Most certainly is the entire story behind what has actually happened.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Templar85
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Templar85 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:09 pm

I don't know how this works. When somebody getting banned isn't he/she getting an email on turtle forum platform explaining why was banned and screenshots, logs included in the report? Bannings given out without the proof (logs, screenshot, video) of the committed rule breaking? Or just the topic starter not sharing with us? Something is sus here.

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Fri May 17, 2024 1:35 pm

probably banned for playing prot warrior kekw

Calli

Post by Calli » Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 pm

I am sure he was banned for something else. Otherwise he would have received a name change by GM

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Fri May 17, 2024 2:45 pm

Calli wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 pm
I am sure he was banned for something else. Otherwise he would have received a name change by GM
Dude strikes me as one of them "free speech" fellas considering his attitude :D

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Fri May 17, 2024 2:53 pm

Templar85 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:09 pm
I don't know how this works. When somebody getting banned isn't he/she getting an email on turtle forum platform explaining why was banned and screenshots, logs included in the report? Bannings given out without the proof (logs, screenshot, video) of the committed rule breaking? Or just the topic starter not sharing with us? Something is sus here.
As far as I know you don't get any of this. Correct me if wrong, sobedoy that got the Bann exepoerence and can share

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Fri May 17, 2024 4:56 pm

Greetings.

Please note that on Turtle WoW, we have a handful of naming rules, including that it is prohibited to:
use names that reference well known people: politicians, social activists, religious figures, culprits, actors, celebrities, etc.
You were warned of this and renamed for it 3 times, after choosing Kennychesney, Kennychesny, and Kennychesny. After your third rename, you chose to copy the name of one of our GMs, leading to your suspension.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Fri May 17, 2024 5:04 pm

Akalix wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:56 pm
You were warned of this and renamed for it 3 times, after choosing Kennychesney, Kennychesny, and Kennychesny. After your third rename, you chose to copy the name of one of our GMs, leading to your suspension.
lol. thx for calling people out on their bs
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Fizzler

Post by Fizzler » Fri May 17, 2024 5:37 pm

Akalix wrote:
Greetings.

Please note that on Turtle WoW, we have a handful of naming rules, including that it is prohibited to:
use names that reference well known people: politicians, social activists, religious figures, culprits, actors, celebrities, etc.
I like when the full context is given. It helps clear up the story in which someone tries to fabricate on the forums to garner sympathy.
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Kastok

Post by Kastok » Sat May 18, 2024 12:28 am

No surprise here.

Spot

Post by Spot » Sat May 18, 2024 1:47 am

Borefficz wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:45 pm
Calli wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 pm
Dude strikes me as one of them "free speech" fellas considering his attitude :D
This is one of the most Orwellian posts I've ever read. /facepalm

Marty1980

Post by Marty1980 » Sun May 19, 2024 9:21 pm

But if he was the real one, would he be ban ?

Seekah

Post by Seekah » Sat May 25, 2024 12:45 pm

Akalix wrote:
Greetings.

Thanks for the intel, it seems some people like to tell only half the truth. turtle_in_love

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Sat May 25, 2024 7:35 pm

Sofel wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:07 am
Just wanted to say bye ya'll it was fun till i got my lvl 54 protection warrior banned for my name kennychesney. Apparenlty Turtle Wow is run by softies. So instead of creating a new account and all that I guess I'll just head over to retail for a bit to get my wow fix. Just thought it was funny. But hey, keep pushing down the community and see where it takes ya.
After the context given by the GM's, it looks like the only softie here is the guy crying on the forums about getting banned.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue