Bloodsail Questline being Abandoned has massive long-term consequences.

Daddydeath

Bloodsail Questline being Abandoned has massive long-term consequences.

Post by Daddydeath » Mon May 13, 2024 3:46 am

Beep beep, you can't (Or more accurately, really shouldn't.) lock extremely important things away from the player, with no gain for said player, because they chose what seemed like an interesting faction in a faction dispute.

Bloodsail v Booty is intersting and all. And then you go and lock the entire (allegedly now scrapped) Scarlet Crusade raid's attunement behind Booty Bay rep. While you leave Bloodsail with absolutely nothing to show for it to compensate. That sort of game design is lazy at best, and everything between sloppy to malicious at worst.

The NPC Kixxle is Booty Bay aligned, meaning you literally "can't" progress Caravan Meets Caravan while hostile to booty bay. This is actually fine if Bloodsail is its own fully expanded faction, because you're doing a tradeoff in that case. As it stands, there's not even enough quests to hit Revered, it locks you out of the standard faction neutral meeting grounds for player on player interaction between H & A, it's Alliance's only access to southern stranglethorn without running from darkshire etc. And all that is fine - if Bloodsail actually HAD CONTENT. It just doesn't. There's forum posts 1-2 years old saying soon or that it's being worked on (or implied) but here we are with no hint of 1.17.2 fixing this faction that is the equivelant of kneecapping yourself.

Bloodsail needs: Its own sail location (Let me talk to the troll and select 'Ratchet' and TP me to the ocean just outside of ratchet where other ships already are near.)
A flightpath
A mailbox
Alternative options for Booty Bay locked "important" quests.

A player should not have to choose between getting to play how they want, and being allowed to play at all.

Jongyi

Re: Bloodsail Questline being Abandoned has massive long-term consequences.

Post by Jongyi » Mon May 13, 2024 12:35 pm

I agree this. Bloodsail seriously need expansion

Daddydeath

Post by Daddydeath » Tue May 14, 2024 1:04 am

Jongyi wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 12:35 pm
I agree this. Bloodsail seriously need expansion
Sadly whenever it's brought up it more or less just gets buried and the devs seem to never want to talk about it.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:22 am

I think what's more ridiculous is the fact the exalted rewards are locked behind killing an NPC Vendor in Badlands thousands of times, which you then get warned / banned by the GM's for.

F**King dumb design.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Wed May 15, 2024 11:16 am

There was good suggestion to add reputation turnings for bloodsail. You guys can vote it
viewtopic.php?t=13343
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.