1.17.2 Preliminary Itemization Changelog

Imonobor
Has liked: 2 times

Re: 1.17.2 Preliminary Itemization Changelog

Post by Imonobor » Fri May 03, 2024 6:58 am

Ashwhole wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 pm
''Gahz'rilla Scale Armor: Removed Spirit, Increased Stamina from 10 to 23, Added 14 Nature Spellpower and 3 Lightning damage on attack.''

This 1 is super nice for spellhance shaman !
Absolutely, already farmed mine yesterday, can't wait for the patch to hit.
Now I can finally throw that lvl 13 chestpiece from RFC in the trash where it belongs.
Now if we only got some legs to go along with that, so I can also throw these in the trash, that would be awesome! happy_turtle_head
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri May 03, 2024 11:23 am

Why isn't Untamed Blade nerfed?

Calli

Post by Calli » Fri May 03, 2024 11:40 am

Gantulga wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:23 am
Why isn't Untamed Blade nerfed?
Lol looks like you want to nerf everything except rogue related. You should not be that narrow minded wary_turtle_head

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Sat May 04, 2024 7:45 pm

Please buff the R14 Weps, they're an absolute joke compared to Naxx gear and alot harder and more time consuming to obtain.

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Sun May 05, 2024 11:52 am

Grizb37 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:45 pm
Please buff the R14 Weps, they're an absolute joke compared to Naxx gear and alot harder and more time consuming to obtain.
The Problem is they are too hard to get, nit thaz they are too weak. Pvp gear shouldn't be inflated to naxx lvl

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Sun May 05, 2024 1:16 pm

Geojak wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 11:52 am
Grizb37 wrote:
The Problem is they are too hard to get, nit thaz they are too weak. Pvp gear shouldn't be inflated to naxx lvl
Why not? Hardest to obtain item should be better than thrash drops acquired in pugs.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

Changes to BG rep items are good, looking forward to see changes for AB items.

However, I assume you plan to buff the honor rank sets? Especially since you released Karazhan with the release of tel'abim, many of the blue sets are obsolete and the rank 12-13 sets struggle to compete with tier2 for several classes/specs.

Elleshar

Post by Elleshar » Mon May 06, 2024 1:28 pm

One thing I would like to see more also would be more options for different armor classes that suits each class fantasy.

Classic wow is notorious with the example of the holy paladin wearing cloth gear to get bis for healing, but same could be same for druid and shaman too with needing some cloth pieces for bis. For healing the only other option is going full tier set when it comes to raiding, but would be cool with more individual healing pieces too for plate/mail/leather, either world drop/craftable/raid drop. I know some has been added already from twow and hope to see more of it in the future. Even doing it as token drops from raid where you can pick items would work too.
Bjorn88 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm
However, I assume you plan to buff the honor rank sets? Especially since you released Karazhan with the release of tel'abim, many of the blue sets are obsolete and the rank 12-13 sets struggle to compete with tier2 for several classes/specs.
This is a good point.

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Tue May 07, 2024 7:18 am

Cloudplate Wristguards: 17 Stamina -> 16 Stamina ; 13 SP -> 11 SP ; 356 Armor -> 346 Armor
But why? Only prot paladins benefits by this and there are big lack of plate with def and spd and you are nerfing the only one piece available. Just why?

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Tue May 07, 2024 9:47 am

Erhog wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:18 am
But why? Only prot paladins benefits by this and there are big lack of plate with def and spd and you are nerfing the only one piece available. Just why?
Don't worry. You will have a choice among wrist for Protection Pala T1-T3 alternative tier sets in 1.17.2
Last edited by Elisleris on Tue May 07, 2024 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nurincarinun

Post by Nurincarinun » Tue May 07, 2024 10:17 am

Outrunner/Outrider's Bow: DPS increased from 32.3 to 36.7, Agility buffed from 4 to 5, Stamina buffed from 10 to 11.
While this will be better in sense of a stat-stick, I fear the DPS increase (though making it the highest DPS for a non-epic and in comparison to any other non-raid drop (& non-R14) bow) won't be desired much if the attack speed is to be kept at 2.4.

Sholozavr

Post by Sholozavr » Wed May 08, 2024 6:04 am

I'm not much of a theorycrafter, could someone pls explain: is the new druid Atiesh aura any good in the current meta, except from being hypothetically 'useful for all classes and specs'? Is it even comparable valuewise to other classes' counterparts? For casters for example, haste is so discrete that you basically have to do 50 3-second casts in order to get an extra spell out of that 2% bonus. Which is rarely the case, the boss fight will simply end before you get that value. Perhaps for melee it is somewhat better?

Templar85

Post by Templar85 » Wed May 08, 2024 12:56 pm

For druid tanks will be BiS. 2% melee haste is huge + 600 Attack Power. Huge personal power increase.
For cats will be BiS for same reasons. Huge personal power increase.
For Balance druids from 120 to 150 Spell power is a buff. 2% spell haste is fine but not huge. Medium/ Small personal power increase.
For Dreamstate NG/Regrowth healer druids it is fine but not huge. Small personal power increase.
For Tree druids using hots there is no reason to get it. No personal power increase.

Aura affected by ret paladin, rogues, warriors, hunters, feral druids. Huge power increase.
Casters whom damaging/healing spell have a cast time. Medium/small power increase.
Casters whom using instant damaging/healing and channelling spells. No power increase.

Templar85

Post by Templar85 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 pm

The problem with balancing haste is hard, because it is universal. 5% spell haste is small dps increase for casters, but for melee haste 5% is HUGE. I would added one more attribute for the Atiesh. All hots and dots have +1 more tick (very weak dots like insect swarm can have +2 so it should be case by case) and channelling spells shortens by 1 seconds. I know it is hard to code haste in 1.12 to behave it like did in tbc and wotlk.

Sholozavr

Post by Sholozavr » Wed May 08, 2024 1:57 pm

Templar85 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 pm
for melee haste 5% is HUGE
If it was huge, every melee would be stacking it. There's sadly not a lotta info on the subject, but from what ppl told me, it's a useful secondary stat for ret paladins, enhancement shamans and bear druids.

Sholozavr

Post by Sholozavr » Wed May 08, 2024 2:07 pm

Personally I would've split the druid version into 2 staves: one for casters, with the class aura being mana meditation; another one for feral buffing melee crit. With this approach, there won't be a problem with Atiesh being absurdly overpowered in PvP. Moreover, this allowes the feral version to be designed with more appropriate primary stats i.e. agility instead of intellect.

Fight4feng

Post by Fight4feng » Thu May 09, 2024 2:50 am

Your mentioned adjustment to gear for Protection Paladins could indeed have a significant impact on casual players, especially those who can't participate in high-end raid content. I understand this could pose a challenge to the gaming experience, particularly for players who don't have the opportunity to obtain higher-tier gear. I suggest you provide this feedback to the game development team; they may consider a broader range of players' perspectives, not just those heavily invested in raiding. turtle_in_love_head not everyone can raid NAXX and AQ40 angry_turtle_hea

Cyni

Post by Cyni » Thu May 09, 2024 3:37 pm

Xudo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 1:16 pm
Geojak wrote:
Grizb37 wrote:
Why not? Hardest to obtain item should be better than thrash drops acquired in pugs.

*PvP items getting buffed*
>PvP babies still crying that it's not good enough.

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Fri May 10, 2024 6:42 pm

Fizzler wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 12:53 am
I think you guys should revisit Warmth of Forgiveness. It’s just an unwanted healing trinket from 4 hm. Otherwise okayish changes.
Slightly buffed the mana gain on use.
Fight4feng wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:50 am
Your mentioned adjustment to gear for Protection Paladins could indeed have a significant impact on casual players, especially those who can't participate in high-end raid content. I understand this could pose a challenge to the gaming experience, particularly for players who don't have the opportunity to obtain higher-tier gear. I suggest you provide this feedback to the game development team; they may consider a broader range of players' perspectives, not just those heavily invested in raiding. turtle_in_love_head not everyone can raid NAXX and AQ40 angry_turtle_hea
Alternative tier sets will accomplish exactly that as this encompasses lower tiers such as Tier 1 and 2 too.
Sholozavr wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 2:07 pm
Personally I would've split the druid version into 2 staves: one for casters, with the class aura being mana meditation; another one for feral buffing melee crit. With this approach, there won't be a problem with Atiesh being absurdly overpowered in PvP. Moreover, this allowes the feral version to be designed with more appropriate primary stats i.e. agility instead of intellect.
This was considered but the earlier 11 MP5 aura fell weak in most scenarios so we've opted to change it to an aura beneficial to all roles that was fitting to a hybrid class.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Sholozavr

Post by Sholozavr » Sat May 11, 2024 6:45 am

Dragunovi wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:42 pm
This was considered but the earlier 11 MP5 aura fell weak in most scenarios so we've opted to change it to an aura beneficial to all roles that was fitting to a hybrid class.
Is it really beneficial for all roles? For melee it's debatable, but for healers and casters even 11mp/5 feels better, when compared to 2% haste (like you said, it is weak, but at least it does something). Right now haste it neither an established stat in the healer/caster meta, nor that you will ever allow it (due to the strong synergy with healers).
Last edited by Sholozavr on Sat May 11, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Sat May 11, 2024 8:30 am

Cyni wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 3:37 pm
Xudo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 1:16 pm
Geojak wrote:

*PvP items getting buffed*
>PvP babies still crying that it's not good enough.
Well they only announced WSG and AB rep rewards. Who knows if rank gear will be improved.

Also pvp gear isn't very good already compared to how easy BWL and aq40 are on this 5 year server and how those easy to medium hard raids have higher item level by far compared to all pvp gear. Will only get worse with alt tier and T4
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:54 pm

"Band of Servitude: Spellpower increased from 23 to 27, Stamina reduced from 8 to 5, Intellect reduced from 9 to 5."

I'm sorry is this a joke?

You changed your mind from 18sp 1 crit to 27sp and nerfed stats?

Healingrain

Post by Healingrain » Sun May 12, 2024 2:44 pm

I just don't get the meditation adjustments at all. Mp5 has been considered over-budgeted and weak on gear in Vanilla for a long time, even for healers. A custom alternative is made that isn't much better, same kind of gear that emphasizes other stats remains dominant, and now it's nerfed?

In what insane universe did anyone think an item like Gloves of Rapid Evolution needed a NERF?

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Sun May 12, 2024 5:10 pm

Healingrain wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 2:44 pm
I just don't get the meditation adjustments at all. Mp5 has been considered over-budgeted and weak on gear in Vanilla for a long time, even for healers. A custom alternative is made that isn't much better, same kind of gear that emphasizes other stats remains dominant, and now it's nerfed?

In what insane universe did anyone think an item like Gloves of Rapid Evolution needed a NERF?
We've done the calculations on this stat and it can surpass MP5 in close to pre-BiS gear and even surpass it with anything higher and even scaling with the Human racial, its been a sleeper stat all this time and most people haven't noticed. Even after this change we expect for it to be especially powerful due to it being a passive mana regeneration stat with scaling.
Bjorn88 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 1:54 pm
"Band of Servitude: Spellpower increased from 23 to 27, Stamina reduced from 8 to 5, Intellect reduced from 9 to 5."

We have decided to buff this item in another direction due to this ring filling this niche of power progression for specializations that require a lot of spell hit such as Arcane mages and Shadow priests, so we've went the route that doesn't actively hurt the users that prefer this itemization.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:57 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 5:10 pm
Bjorn88 wrote:

We have decided to buff this item in another direction due to this ring filling this niche of power progression for specializations that require a lot of spell hit such as Arcane mages and Shadow priests, so we've went the route that doesn't actively hurt the users that prefer this itemization.
I see that but isn't this more of a debuff? 4 spellpower in exchange for 3 stam and 4 int?

Elleshar

Post by Elleshar » Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Healingrain wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 2:44 pm

We've done the calculations on this stat and it can surpass MP5 in close to pre-BiS gear and even surpass it with anything higher and even scaling with the Human racial, its been a sleeper stat all this time and most people haven't noticed. Even after this change we expect for it to be especially powerful due to it being a passive mana regeneration stat with scaling.
Speaking of balancing some of the healing items, is there any possibility for there to be more healing items added for pvp in the future? The only thing I can think of right now is the arena rings. I think healing gear with the new reworked resilience stat would be really nice.

Healingrain

Post by Healingrain » Sun May 12, 2024 9:42 pm

Dragunovi wrote:

I don't dispute it's more powerful than MP5, but I am saying that Vanilla MP5 values were undertuned to begin with and need a fundamental review of how much itemization budget they're consuming. If you're going to anchor meditation relative to those values, I think both kinds of items are getting ignored except when they're on pieces that are incidentally good with other stats on them like Verdant chest.

Ayesha

Post by Ayesha » Mon May 13, 2024 12:11 am

“Shroud of Haunted Torment: Removed 2% Haste.“

Would you consider removing Meditation from this item instead of Haste? It was a unique item that allowed to experiment with adding haste to different caster and healer builds. 2% combined with spell power and healing is not to be found elsewher, whilst you can get Meditation from set bonuses or talents. Also since we healers and casters can rotate mana potions with teas, mana is not that big of an issue most of the time if you manage it right from the beginning

Right now there are no other options with 2% haste that dont break valuable set pieces or not completely sacrifice spell crit.

Or if you decide to remove haste from the item , I would suggest adding more options to get haste from neck, ring, cloak and trinket slots while still getting some spellpowr and healing.

Spriggs07

Post by Spriggs07 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:34 am

Berserker Bracers: Agility buffed from 8 to 11, Stamina buffed from 11 to 13.

Changes like this still doesn't do anything. No one is going to use these pvp bracers. You want people to use pvp items, then actually change them and buff them. Anyone wearing AQ 40 or Naxx gear have zero reason to grind out rep for pvp gear.

Give this stuff hit, crit, res, armor pen, something! (Outside of raw stats)

Edited, cause i know some troll is going to say "BuT is hAS aGiliTy..."

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:49 pm

Spriggs07 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 2:34 am
Berserker Bracers: Agility buffed from 8 to 11, Stamina buffed from 11 to 13.

Changes like this still doesn't do anything. No one is going to use these pvp bracers. You want people to use pvp items, then actually change them and buff them. Anyone wearing AQ 40 or Naxx gear have zero reason to grind out rep for pvp gear.

Give this stuff hit, crit, res, armor pen, something! (Outside of raw stats)

Edited, cause i know some troll is going to say "BuT is hAS aGiliTy..."
100 percent agree here. WSG max rank bracers still worse than aq20....think about alt tier 3 and beyond.

Devs could definitely go further on these buffs, all resists sounds awesome since it wouldn't add any more power.

Neocapitalismus

Post by Neocapitalismus » Mon May 13, 2024 2:52 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 12:21 am
Resillience is seeing a complete rework. Instead of reducing your chance to be critically struck, it will instead reduce the damage of critical strikes and damage over time effects on you, making it much more oriented for PvP combat, as it was mostly utilized by PvE tanks to get rid of critical strikes from bosses.
Why change it? This is a pve rp game. People do bgs for the pve equipment. The dying pvp server with 100 pop won't care about this and the aq40/naxxx geared pvp'er have better gear. Instead of removing 1% crit chance reduction, just add 3% crit dmg reduction to new and other items. All this will do is just fuck over new tanks that dont have end game gear.

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 pm

STOP REMOVING SPIRIT OMFG
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:31 pm

Neocapitalismus wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 2:52 pm
Dragunovi wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 12:21 am
Resillience is seeing a complete rework. Instead of reducing your chance to be critically struck, it will instead reduce the damage of critical strikes and damage over time effects on you, making it much more oriented for PvP combat, as it was mostly utilized by PvE tanks to get rid of critical strikes from bosses.
Why change it? This is a pve rp game. People do bgs for the pve equipment. The dying pvp server with 100 pop won't care about this and the aq40/naxxx geared pvp'er have better gear. Instead of removing 1% crit chance reduction, just add 3% crit dmg reduction to new and other items. All this will do is just fuck over new tanks that dont have end game gear.
Remember this will be implemented with class changes 2.0 so you will likely see some suitable options to be PvE crit immune as a tank.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon May 13, 2024 8:36 pm

Is just don't see why change something that is well liked, and used. Current resilience was a great addition for feral and pala tanks. It was intersting, new and fun. Now it's getting dumbed for god now what benefit

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon May 13, 2024 8:42 pm

Bjorn88 wrote:

Why must the ring even change at all. It was a great ring for pala tanks, stamina, int, sp. This is just like the darkmoon fair neck change which originally had highest stam and int neck with sp on it. Now it's just another same sp neck outclassed by ragnaros neck.

Stop change what isn't broken for no reason