Opinions about Tel'Abim then and now

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Opinions about Tel'Abim then and now

Post by Dracarusggotham » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:53 pm

I know this will generate some dust and rage again, I know what happens when someone brings here the topic of Tel'Abim and what is happening.
But, hey, we play the same game here basically, so, why not?

I think everyone can now say that Tel'Abim did not end up being what it was falsely believed to be at first and in a way time proved the detractors right.

"Tel'Abim will be a boom at first and then when people have leveled and get sick of PvP they will just move on to another fresh PvP server somewhere else"

Just as it was said, just as it happened.
So have any of you changed your mind now? Did any of you go back to Nordanaar to do PvE?

Personally, at this point I think it is impossible to revive the spirit for Tel'Abim, because well, in 6 months we went from having 2k+ players to barely 300 people.

Although, Hey! Look on the bright side, the Alliance and the Horde are balanced in players, that's good, right?

Bjorn88

Re: Opinions about Tel'Abim then and now

Post by Bjorn88 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:00 pm

I'm one of the players who left Nordanaar for Tel'abim. Still having more fun over here, because I found a great guild to play with and enjoy a server with world pvp. I realised after some time on Nordanaar that there's nothing to do inbetween raids and BGs except semi-afk in SW on a pve server. Literally just chasing the next purple pixels.

I think the class changes with some advertisement for the server can bring new players in. There has been zero communication from the twow team regarding tel'abim in the last months. We don't even know when AQ is opening (should be within two weeks). Basically, the team needs to take responsibility for the server.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:49 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:53 pm

I think everyone can now say that Tel'Abim did not end up being what it was falsely believed to be at first and in a way time proved the detractors right.
HOW do YOU know, what TurtleTeam had in mind before launching the pvp realm?
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:14 pm

Bjorn88 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:00 pm
I realised after some time on Nordanaar that there's nothing to do inbetween raids and BGs except semi-afk in SW on a pve server. Literally just chasing the next purple pixels.
This is just completely wrong in the case of both servers. Raids have prep to be done and things to farm in the meantime, almost everyone has an alt they could level, gold to farm, professions to make use of in multiple ways, quests to do, you get the idea. When I used to play Turtle, a lot of my time was spent farming for consumes I'd sometimes offer to the guild since I wasn't actively doing content with them 24/7, levelling my alts, and other such forms of faffing about since I'd gotten bored of raiding. If I can occupy myself without raiding or PvP, you could probably do the same with them. Unless you just don't find my activities fun, then-... Well, sounds like a you problem I guess.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:19 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:49 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:

I don't think he's referring to the Turtle Team's expectations, but the players. Most of them had probably thought Banana land was gonna be big and fun and all that good stuff. Our devs and GMs were probably catering to the players in adding this new server.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:47 pm

The fate of banana-bim has been sealed upon launch.
There is absolutely no reason to play it, so players quit.

Whats the missin ?
Pvp server has to have a feed base - usually these are people who just play on populated vanilla server and arent really into pvp but they cause online and work as outdoor dummies. Online attracts pvpers.
What do we have ? We have a main server that is perfect for pve guys so no reason for them to go to pvp server.

On the other side, the pvp server has incredibly bad pvp balance thanks to turtle custom changes, and in additional does not bring anything except garbage world pvp (based on garbage balance once again).

As a result the pvp guys lost all interest and left.
I mean, it was so obvious, i've played first two weeks and sked myself why i even doing it, the server will be dead within few months. Pretty predictable.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:38 pm

i hope twow staff selled allot of shiny mounts and respect gizmos for the trouble they have.

Last year allot of scrubs landed here, they could land in hello kitty, minecraft... bomber jack... wahtever, but for some reason the streamers, influencers... point them to twow.

the ppl that bring them here need to sell "shiny mounts" too ;p after some time the swarm lad in another grass.

i hope the china ppl follow the fresh chasers and transfer to where they can talk with everybody and have a good ping :)

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:48 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:49 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:

Nothing solid since they launched it without addressing ANY of the (turtle custom changes included) PvP-related issues people from the main server have been complaining for years about. It was dead on arrival.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:50 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:14 pm
Bjorn88 wrote:
I realised after some time on Nordanaar that there's nothing to do inbetween raids and BGs except semi-afk in SW on a pve server. Literally just chasing the next purple pixels.
This is just completely wrong in the case of both servers. Raids have prep to be done and things to farm in the meantime, almost everyone has an alt they could level, gold to farm, professions to make use of in multiple ways, quests to do, you get the idea. When I used to play Turtle, a lot of my time was spent farming for consumes I'd sometimes offer to the guild since I wasn't actively doing content with them 24/7, levelling my alts, and other such forms of faffing about since I'd gotten bored of raiding. If I can occupy myself without raiding or PvP, you could probably do the same with them. Unless you just don't find my activities fun, then-... Well, sounds like a you problem I guess.
Well, duh. You're still doing all that for pve purposes in the end. And once you have all the epics, what do you do with them?

I just personally found it absolutely mindnumbing to roam zones knowing there is no possibility of another player attacking you or vice versa. Removes the little tension, excitement, presence from grinding endgame herbs or RTVs that is. Didn't know that before I levelled and raided on Nordanaar, but now I do.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:45 pm

What cursed the pvp server was all the lil b%tches who ran back to the PVE server... first because they cant pvp and then the sheep who left because they cant get carried on low pop.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:56 pm

I get your point but from a PVE enjoyer perspective it's mostly about the journey.
I level up, gear up, find a progression guild and it gives me months of playtime to see KT killed. In the meantime there is downtime, sure since dungeons and some raids stop being relevant.
In those times I'm either pressing a pause at the game and go outside or farm some rare dung epics for an OS or just play an alt. But in my eyes WOW is mostly a journey with a defined destination, not an endless ride. Once KT is dead and gear feels good enough (not necessarily prebis) that's the time of saying goodbye to the game for months before wanting to do something similar again.

Typh1

Post by Typh1 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:35 am

Death server and sod spam until server was death. Where was the moderation? GM's failed massively

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:08 am

the server never got much attention.
very little promotion
twow is known for the pve server and nothing else.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:40 am

Bjorn88 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:50 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:14 pm
Bjorn88 wrote:
Well, duh. You're still doing all that for pve purposes in the end. And once you have all the epics, what do you do with them?

I just personally found it absolutely mindnumbing to roam zones knowing there is no possibility of another player attacking you or vice versa. Removes the little tension, excitement, presence from grinding endgame herbs or RTVs that is. Didn't know that before I levelled and raided on Nordanaar, but now I do.
Well, you can keep raiding if you like, and PvP is always there if you feel like steamrolling noobies. Like I said, alts are an option if you ever get bored of the main.

Also, I don't think Tel'abim is gonna have much more open world PvP if the world is nearly empty.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:14 am

Out of curiosity i wonder if there are more hc players on nordanaar or total players on tel'abim. Because i remember them saying there wasn't enough hc players to justify them having their own server.

Macro

Post by Macro » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 pm

The solution is simple:

Hardcore PvP.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:33 am

Macro wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 pm
The solution is simple:

Hardcore PvP.
You might be on to something. I will never again play on a PvP server, let alone a Hardcore one, but you might nmbe on to something. Maybe a server inspired by games like Hades where dying and rebirth are part of the game and you actually retain some perks from your previous characters.

Macro

Post by Macro » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:28 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:33 am
Macro wrote:
The solution is simple:

Hardcore PvP.
You might be on to something. I will never again play on a PvP server, let alone a Hardcore one, but you might nmbe on to something. Maybe a server inspired by games like Hades where dying and rebirth are part of the game and you actually retain some perks from your previous characters.
STEELcore

PvP HC with Warband leveling system. Every time you level or achieve certain milestones gain small passives across all characters. Warband exp/items/passive are only deposited after death of character that earned them.

Typh1

Post by Typh1 » Fri May 03, 2024 9:53 pm

Just merge everything into one big pvp server. Make … nostalrius err Turtle wow great again :D

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Sat May 04, 2024 2:00 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:33 am
Macro wrote:
The solution is simple:

Hardcore PvP.
This is actually a pretty good idea. Like a roguelike-mmo in which every player can achieve stuff in a "run" and upgrade his character mildly for the next run..

Attractiveelolz

Post by Attractiveelolz » Sat May 04, 2024 10:53 am

As a casual player who enjoys both PvP and PvE and started playing on Tel'Abim and do not intent on playing anywhere else, except, hopefully the other well-populated Turtle realm, I think more information about the low-population problem would be much appreciated by the remaining ~200-300 core people who still play here.

I even asked if any transfers to the other realm are planned or something, since, if you are as casual as I am it is pretty hard to find a group for any dungeon, nor there are any Battlegrounds nor World PvP which makes the whole point - pointless.

Please let us know what your plans are or make a good surprise because there is no PvP or PvE for us low levels, but on the positive side - a great, helpful community which I won't give up.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Sat May 04, 2024 4:53 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:00 am
This is actually a pretty good idea. Like a roguelike-mmo in which every player can achieve stuff in a "run" and upgrade his character mildly for the next run..
It is hardly can be called WoW.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Macro

Post by Macro » Sat May 04, 2024 8:14 pm

Xudo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:53 pm
Frantsel wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:00 am
It is hardly can be called WoW.
Turtle Hardshell hiding_smth_turtle_head