Tel'Abim Launch Time / Phase Schedule

Citramate

Re: Tel'Abim Launch Time / Phase Schedule

Post by Citramate » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:16 pm

The expectation of this server has gone from a forever-green PvP server into a just another progressive FRESH server.

Dockworker

Post by Dockworker » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:53 am

1. Making an alt on the PVE server for those who don't want to constantly PVP. Or because the unknown-new PVP gear will be as good as the raid gear; that will split the PVE and PVP into seperate crowds.
2. How many people will be doing instanced content while leveling, diminishing the possibility of World PVP and if the server turns off battlegrounds for a few months, will only funnel people into doing dungeons....
3. With all the PVE gear available with all the new dungeons/raids, the new PVP items the team is making will be very interesting and will keep things almost like a live-living server where min/max-ing isn't all figured out on spreadsheats.

Other thoughts:
I would like to play other games besides WoW. (With the rushed phases I think only playing 1 class is going to be viable. I learned my mistakes from the TBC server I played on in 2023, where I got to max level in one class; was competitive with the other people but decided to level up another class and it totally ruined my gearing up of the initial character I had leveled.) Things might be different though on Turtle, because of all the custom content, there will be more motivation to play because it's not old content that has been plowed through too many times. and World PVP in TBC in this day and age is not like the WPVP during Retail-TBC years ago. Nothing mysterious about the pvp gear or that unknown feeling of being new to the game.

Is the rushed phases happening so that the servers will have their own battlegroup and the old PVE server will fight against the PVP server?

Is the new server gonna have players outside of Oceanic, NA, EU? Which I wouldn't mind. Communicating on a PVP server is a bit different than on PVE.

Harbatkin

Post by Harbatkin » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:01 am

Citramate wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:16 pm
The expectation of this server has gone from a forever-green PvP server into a just another progressive FRESH server.
Yes this is a little concerning, before you know it Naxx geared players ruling the roost...

It seemed for a long time many were on the same page, a PVP server, but already this has split into many different wants/needs. Turtle is splintering all the time from it's original ethos and is becoming a victim of its own success.

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 am

i personally think, that the old players from the Rp-PvE-Realm will benefit from the SEA-transfers and even from the "fresh pvp" realm. The RP-PvE-Realm will be less crowded and certain "personalities" of players will leave as well. Maybe that's the actual goal. :P :D Maybe this will cause RP to bloom again as well. :D

Ninetyone

Post by Ninetyone » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:00 am

I WANT AQ/NAXX please dont listen to all those fools. and i also think that shorter phases would be better, but i think like your doing it now is good too.

Ninetyone

Post by Ninetyone » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:03 am

how can i join the server? can i just see it on realms with the normal client?

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:03 am

Ninetyone wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:00 am
I WANT AQ/NAXX
Then play PvE server.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:20 am

I'm all for updating some of the pvp gear in the game but don't make it like the later expansions where it was the only gear that was good for pvp. Please don't add anything like the resilience stat for example to the game. Thank you.

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:22 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 am
i personally think, that the old players from the Rp-PvE-Realm will benefit from the SEA-transfers and even from the "fresh pvp" realm. The RP-PvE-Realm will be less crowded and certain "personalities" of players will leave as well. Maybe that's the actual goal. :P :D Maybe this will cause RP to bloom again as well. :D
That's exactly why I'm looking forward to the pvp realm launch. For any RP to bloom you'd need to Thanos snap ppl with stupid ass names off the server first tho, all the digbick, thiccboi, xyzmilkers, moo related tauren name puns (so funny) -.- doesn't mix well with ppl wanting to immerse in rp
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Oronil Lenymo

Leyna

Post by Leyna » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:35 pm

You people are all insane, I see some spaming that longer phases or it's ruined, others saying that adding phases ruined it, then many others saying this is already the downfall of turtle caused by it's own succes or sum bs... You guys are completely out of your mind, what do you want? Do you realise that because it's not perfect for you it dosen't mean it's going to be bad, right? It's never gonna be perfect for anyone.

For example I HATE transmog to my f*** core, I think it takes away the nobelty and purity of the game but the fact that the server has transmog dosen't mean everything is ruined for me or that it should be for anyone else, It's just something I don't like.

Getting rid of certain types of players in the RP server is actually AMAZING cause now you're going to be way more free to roleplay and I still think the server is gonna keep being huge.

In my opinion having short phases is great, we can enjoy all phases of the game and then the server will be like the current one in turtle. I honestly feel the biggest problem with any classic server is Naxxramas, the gear in Naxxramas is TOO strong, but anyways. Don't be a doomer. ENJOY IT damnit.

Ninetyone

Post by Ninetyone » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:50 pm

i think it would be better to include zul gurub into phase 1 it allows more important itemization

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:12 pm

Leyna wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:35 pm
You people are all insane, I see some spaming that longer phases or it's ruined, others saying that adding phases ruined it, then many others saying this is already the downfall of turtle caused by it's own succes or sum bs... You guys are completely out of your mind, what do you want? Do you realise that because it's not perfect for you it dosen't mean it's going to be bad, right? It's never gonna be perfect for anyone.

For example I HATE transmog to my f*** core, I think it takes away the nobelty and purity of the game but the fact that the server has transmog dosen't mean everything is ruined for me or that it should be for anyone else, It's just something I don't like.

Getting rid of certain types of players in the RP server is actually AMAZING cause now you're going to be way more free to roleplay and I still think the server is gonna keep being huge.

In my opinion having short phases is great, we can enjoy all phases of the game and then the server will be like the current one in turtle. I honestly feel the biggest problem with any classic server is Naxxramas, the gear in Naxxramas is TOO strong, but anyways. Don't be a doomer. ENJOY IT damnit.
Swearing aside, I agree with everything in this post. Especially the transmog thing.^^

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:34 pm

Xerilin wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:12 pm
Leyna wrote:

Swearing aside, I agree with everything in this post. Especially the transmog thing.^^
Ditto

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:35 pm

Leyna wrote:

Well said!
…tho i think longer phases would benefit the server… im still happy we got a pvp realm :))

… and since devs are constantly updating gear… i think they have more then enough time to rebalance naxx gear… and maybe t2.5
IF they decide to do it ofc … which i think would benefit both pve and pvp content… since they said most their custom content will be done at t2 power lvl ….
See ya on 27th
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Leyna

Post by Leyna » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:05 pm

Charanko wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:35 pm
Leyna wrote:

Well said!
…tho i think longer phases would benefit the server… im still happy we got a pvp realm :))

… and since devs are constantly updating gear… i think they have more then enough time to rebalance naxx gear… and maybe t2.5
IF they decide to do it ofc … which i think would benefit both pve and pvp content… since they said most their custom content will be done at t2 power lvl ….
See ya on 27th

I can totally see the positives of longer phases cause Molter Core/BWL is the best period of classic imo, but i think it's more related to the OP gear we get later, if they somehow balance those tiers by the time it comes up it can be just as good. I can imagine that can be a hard task to do but the results can be very very interesting.

(Also excuse my swearing in the previous post, hard to mantain temple when you read so much random unreasonable chaos)

See you all the 27th!! Is going to be great :D

Turtlenitis

Post by Turtlenitis » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:01 pm

Those people that ask to extent phases and buff pvp gear just want to get R14 items for almost no effort at all before the release of BWL and raid MC with AQ40 equivalent gear and/or kill people in open world with no resistance. Pathetic. Basicly lv19 twinks but at lvl 60.
P.S. What about world buffs? Since palabuffs and totems dont stack anymore will we still get WBs restricted?

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:33 pm

Turtlenitis wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:01 pm
Those people that ask to extent phases and buff pvp gear just want to get R14 items for almost no effort at all before the release of BWL and raid MC with AQ40 equivalent gear and/or kill people in open world with no resistance. Pathetic. Basicly lv19 twinks but at lvl 60.
P.S. What about world buffs? Since palabuffs and totems dont stack anymore will we still get WBs restricted?
Those people are probably the ones who are predominantly interested in PvP and will stop playing in phase 3 (AQ). For the rest of us (who like Raiding & PvP equally), we definitely do not want what you described. The devs are aware of these issues; 1) honour gear invalidating MC/BWL and 2) Naxx gear being way too powerful. Here's a quote from their recent announcement addressing the latter of these issues;

PvP Rewards: Adding depth to PvP itemization.
The current pool of options for PvP gear is fairly limited currently. We are looking to add further depth into this gearing system in the future to allow more gearing diversity from PvP rewards, enabling them to keep up with PvE players.

(viewtopic.php?p=67818&hilit=Depth+pvp+rewards#p67818)

Let's just hope they find a way to stagger the acquisition of PvP gear so it keeps in step with the raiding equivalent.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:00 pm

I support the posts of Blackduck, Chudman123 and Vaikaris.
Last edited by Paw on Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:14 am, edited 6 times in total.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:13 pm

Turtlenitis wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:01 pm
Generalising much?
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Adunai

Post by Adunai » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:52 pm

One thing y'all seem to be missing is... the advent of AI. I mean, this will sound schizo af of me, but I wouldn't be surprised if come 2025 CE, you'll be able to get a WoW2.exe of your liking. Or even WoW 4. With whatever settings you prefer. So honestly, I'll take this rendition for 2024.
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:32 pm

Do consider that we may continue adding new custom dungeons and raids in the future. We don't want to release something and have it locked in a future phase!
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:42 pm

… why not?

If it's some random mid-game dungeon, then fine. But, if it's endgame, then I see no reason why it couldn't be locked away behind a timed gate. As it is, it makes no sense to specifically lock away the Vanilla content while the custom content is always open, always available – especially if it has better drops than the Vanilla content.

If this is something you simply can't do, then fine. Otherwise? Bad planning.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:31 pm

Akalix wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:32 pm
Do consider that we may continue adding new custom dungeons and raids in the future. We don't want to release something and have it locked in a future phase!
Current sItuation looks like big red flag for players "it is fun before naxx".
If you are going to release additional t3 raid, then this red flag would be only bigger.

There are two valid concerns of players regarding t2.5 or t3 raids:
1. Huge gear disparity will effectively kill PvP for any player who leveled 60 too late. Is it fun to lose all the time? I think no.
2. t3-level gear will lead to fast and not fun combat because of its huge offensive power.

These are the reasons why PvP is less popular than PvE on existing turtle server.
These are the reasons why fresh servers get attention.

You already mentioned that new pvp gearing options are planned, but it is so vague and doesn't help to deal with players concerns.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:43 pm

I really hope endgame raid gear doesn't immediately dominate the PVP scene. I understand this is how vanilla was, and that was fine with the original release schedule. but with such fast phases (not sure why?) it would shorten the amount of time where PvP-only players could even hope to be competitive.

Here's an idea:

Each week you accrue a PvP currency based on your rank, in a similar manner to how arena points worked in TBC onward. The gear purchased would be equivalent or close to that of the highest current raid tier. This would allow PvP players to gain a slow drip of gear over time, maybe 1 piece every week or two depending on rank. High end PvE players would still have the advantage -- they would gear faster and better, but it would at least give the dedicated PvPer an avenue toward competitiveness.

If there isn't a legitimate PvP avenue for competitive gear, I'm not sure why a dedicated PvPer would even bother to roll on this server, tbqh.

I know the devs have said they're working on some new PvP gear and that's reassuring, because they seem to be thoughtful folks. Would love to hear any more details at all though!

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:18 am

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:35 pm
Skumbanana wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:29 pm
Shutting down PvE Realm and going for a PVP FRESH cycle WHEN?
Tell me this is a joke...
Why a joke? TWoW dev$ have listened to the majority and are opening a PvP realm. It's just a matter of time before PvE realm withers and turns into a distant memory! Then all resources can go to PvP Fresh Cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maurinch

Post by Maurinch » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:20 am

I agree about that phases could be longer.

Mettix

Post by Mettix » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:51 pm

Hyrag wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:56 pm
Prasica wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:36 am
Could we potentially increase the length of each phase and extend the overall timeline?

maybe 6 months in phase 1(the best phase btw)
3-5 months in phase 2( the second best phase btw)
3 months in phase 3(the revival of world pvp phase)
phase 4(i dont care)
YES PLS. please give us longer phases! Vanilla is meant to be savored, p1 and p2 are the most fun parts of it...you need time to gear up your toon, level alts etc to enjoy every phase etc. dont waste this big opportunity with a fastened timeline that will kill all the hype in a couple of months :(

Volnutt

Post by Volnutt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:01 am

Hyped for the opening!
Volnutt - Paladin @ Nordanaar.
Saber - Warrior @ Tel'Abim.

Rukopashka

Post by Rukopashka » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:34 am

Mettix wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:51 pm
Hyrag wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:56 pm
Prasica wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:36 am
Could we potentially increase the length of each phase and extend the overall timeline?

maybe 6 months in phase 1(the best phase btw)
3-5 months in phase 2( the second best phase btw)
3 months in phase 3(the revival of world pvp phase)
phase 4(i dont care)
YES PLS. please give us longer phases! Vanilla is meant to be savored, p1 and p2 are the most fun parts of it...you need time to gear up your toon, level alts etc to enjoy every phase etc. dont waste this big opportunity with a fastened timeline that will kill all the hype in a couple of months :(
+++++

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:28 am

viewtopic.php?p=74044#p74044

Updated timeline as per linked thread.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:15 pm

I'm just bumping this in the vain how're that people stop asking…

"What time? What time? What time?!"
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:32 pm

Tel'Abim is moving to Phase 3 on April 19th at 6pm GMT.