More Freedom to the Transmog System

Mcdm

More Freedom to the Transmog System

Post by Mcdm » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:05 am

As we all know, Tmog is the true endgame. It's not about conquering challenges with friends or overcoming adversity through planning and coordination.

IT'S ABOUT LOOKING GOOD WHILE DOING IT!

It's about standing on top of the org bank or SW fountain and catching yourself in people's target-of-target. THAT is the true goal we all strive for. Or at least I do smiling_turtle

And I have succeeded.
I had a theme in mind, every piece in my mog compliments that theme, the colors match perfectly and all this is done with a unique combination of items from multiple sets of gear. There is just one little problem:
It's only possible in the Dressing Room as two of the pieces are unavailable to my class. Specifically: a piece from a hunter tier set and a 2-Handed Sword.
(Shammy btw. And don't say "Just go play hunter turtle_tongue " because my mog has pieces that are only available to a Shaman!)

My request is this: Give us some other means of adding pieces to our Tmog collection other than equiping them. Perhaps a spell not unlike disenchanting that destroys the item but adds the mog for us to use. (Just spit-balling)

I'm not asking for gameplay changes. I shouldn't be able to actually USE another classes tier set, and I don't think you should be able to mog an item into one that uses a different animation set (i.e. 1-handed mace to a polearm), but the current equip-to-get system is limiting in a way that I don't believe benifits anything. It is not arguable that some of the best looking, highest detail gear in the game are the Tier sets. Give us another reason to WANT to go and get them! If we can get it into our inventory we should be able to use the mog.

I say let the Warlocks have plate Tmog to be a Death-Knight!
Let the Paladins have Priest Tier 3 for a Halo and Wings!
Give the Warriors my Shammy T2 shoulders to match their THUNDERFURY, BLESSED BLADE OF THE WINDSEEKER!
And let me be the Tribal Wind-Samurai I was always meant to be.
Cheers!

Xerilin
Has liked: 14 times

Re: More Freedom to the Transmog System

Post by Xerilin » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:32 am

This is one passionately written suggestion. I enjoyed reading it, even though I don't agree.

Maybe Turtle could introduce (even) more custom cloth items, but destroying any class differences in looks just feels kind of wrong to me.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:11 am

Xerilin wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:32 am
This is one passionately written suggestion. I enjoyed reading it, even though I don't agree.

Maybe Turtle could introduce (even) more custom cloth items, but destroying any class differences in looks just feels kind of wrong to me.
Giving cloth wearers access to the leather item tmogs would be decent, I think. The gear doesn't look too different.

But new cloth gear is welcome too; preferably not just recolours of existing cloth gear.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:11 pm

Imo, any item you loot, you should instantly get the transmog unlocked, unless its a weapon type your class can never learn or the item has a direct class restriction

Evolve

Post by Evolve » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:37 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:11 pm
Imo, any item you loot, you should instantly get the transmog unlocked, unless its a weapon type your class can never learn or the item has a direct class restriction
I agree with the class restrictions but why not weapons if you're going to allow armor your class could never learn?

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:22 pm

I think they should restrict plate armor to mogging into only other plate and so on. Tmog is the true endgame and everyone should be on a level playing field. Adding whatever enchants that you have used to your collection so you can better customize your weapon glows should also be added.