Attack and spell speed. Does not work for the "Channeled" category.

Rsatkey

Attack and spell speed. Does not work for the "Channeled" category.

Post by Rsatkey » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:46 pm

Good afternoon.

- I would like to propose an idea for classes that have spells in the "Channeled" category. This applies to Shadow Priests and Mages.
- We are talking about Mage spells: (https://www.wowhead.com/classic/spell=2 ... e-missiles) and shadow priest spells: (https://www.wowhead.com/classic/spell=18807/mind-flay).
- New mechanics have also been added to the game. Increases attack and spell speed: (https://database.turtle-wow.org/?spell=13679).
- Increases your attack and casting speed: please note this works for everything; Melee weapons, ranged weapons, casting time for healing/attacking spells of all characters, classes - with the exception of the main ability of priest shads and arcane-mage's.
- There are very good things for all characters except for the characters listed above, for example (https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=61186) gives all casters speed except priest shads and especially the arcane-mage's.
- Even other things that have + speed stats don't have much of a critical effect. Which once again proves that they were developed for such characters as shadow priests and arcane-mages.

Therefore, I would like to suggest you make the following changes:
- Add speed scaling to spells with the "Channeled" effect.
- Then we can have a good bonus to casting speed, which will give higher DPS.

We will get:
- Most things with the "Speed" characteristic have less spell power, which puts them on par with other things that have crit.
- Increasing variety of specializations arcane-mages and Shadow Priest.
(I also ask you to complement or agree with such judgments.)
Thank you for your attention.

Rsatkey

Re: Attack and spell speed. Does not work for the "Channeled" category.

Post by Rsatkey » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:03 pm

I forgot to add that you also added [Potion of Quickness] which is also useless for the 2 classes discussed.

Rsatkey

Post by Rsatkey » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:07 pm

and for some reason it seems to me that the enchantment for gloves + 1% speed does not work. Because I have items totaling 10% "speed" and the fireball takes 2.72 seconds to cast

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:24 am

If channeled spells get less benefit from speed than others is not so bad. It just mean that BiSes for different classes will be different too. So you won't get in situation where everyone need one specific item in particular slot. Some prefer speed, some prefer crit, some prefer more raw spell damage.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:47 am

Xudo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:24 am
If channeled spells get less benefit from speed than others is not so bad. It just mean that BiSes for different classes will be different too. So you won't get in situation where everyone need one specific item in particular slot. Some prefer speed, some prefer crit, some prefer more raw spell damage.
I agree, if spell damage didnt apply to one of my spells it doesnt really matter because I could just use spell crit instead to balance things out. So its all good. (:

This sounds more like it should be a ticket on the bugtracker rather than a suggestion.

Imonobor
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Imonobor » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:12 pm

Some spells like Evocation would actually be hurt by such a change, because if you get enough haste, it would be possible to miss one of the mana regen ticks. But maybe the ticks themselves could also be sped up by haste?
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Rsatkey

Post by Rsatkey » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:10 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:12 pm
Some spells like Evocation would actually be hurt by such a change, because if you get enough haste, it would be possible to miss one of the mana regen ticks. But maybe the ticks themselves could also be sped up by haste?
Evocation Channeled (8 sec cast)
"While channeling this spell, your mana regeneration is active and increased by 1500%. Lasts 8 sec."
- I think if you change the spell it will play the ticks more often.If it happens that way it will be better.

Rsatkey

Post by Rsatkey » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:14 pm

Mackylol wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:47 am
Xudo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:24 am
I agree, if spell damage didnt apply to one of my spells it doesnt really matter because I could just use spell crit instead to balance things out. So its all good. (:

This sounds more like it should be a ticket on the bugtracker rather than a suggestion.
This is not for the bug tracker. Channeled spells were originally included in the game, but there was no attack speed. If you added speed, then I think it should act on channeled in the same way as on regular spells.

Why in WoW LichKing did all casters collect caps at 900-1400 speed? in order to reduce the casting speed to the minimum reasonable.

With the further appearance of things with casting speed, they will be ineffective for shadow priests and arcan mages.

Trismegistos

Post by Trismegistos » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:22 am

As an arcane mage player myself, I'm actually very satisfied with the current state of things, where haste has no effect on any of my primary damage spells. You see, as they are not sped up by haste, neither are they delayed by casting speed slowdowns. It's an interesting tradeoff that adds depth and flavor to the different schools of spellcasting.

Rsatkey

Post by Rsatkey » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:22 am

Trismegistos wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:22 am
As an arcane mage player myself, I'm actually very satisfied with the current state of things, where haste has no effect on any of my primary damage spells. You see, as they are not sped up by haste, neither are they delayed by casting speed slowdowns. It's an interesting tradeoff that adds depth and flavor to the different schools of spellcasting.
I probably agree with this