The economy is ruined

Afraido23

The economy is ruined

Post by Afraido23 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:14 pm

Economy patch 2.0 is destroying the economy.

Lasher changes are ridiculous, with 5 runs that take around 30-45 minutes you can produce so many flowers that it is completely not worth having herbalism and wander gathering. You can produce 100 times more flowers in Dire Maul than herbalists actually doing their job and travelling the world for them. Whole herbalist market is sinking because devs decided it is good idea to give Paladins the power to gather every single herb without having herbalism.

Herbalism became a joke profession, only thing that is worth wandering for is black lotus which is completely luck dependent and grave moss that doesn't drop from lashers.

Second thing is devs forgot to implement the gray items from lashers changes. You still gain around 50 raw gold from 5 runs. More gold to enhance inflation I guess.

You are basically NUKING the economy with these ridiculous economy patches. You don't even bother to announce the planned changes and listen to the community opinion first, patch is announced a few hours before it is live. People are going to sleep, waking up, logging to the game and the economy is completely changed! Herbalists see their flowers they gathered as they supposed to are now worthless because Paladins produce hundreds of them without any control.

Sometimes I believe Turtle WoW is being paid by Lashers Association...

Because I play on this server and I care about it here are my suggestions how to change it for good:

1. Add more herbs that you think are ruining the economy somewhere in the world. You can add Plaguebloom to Silverpine Forest and Tirisfal Glades and such, all zones that are related to the Plague. Mountain Silversage you can add anywhere basically, all the mountain areas. Icecaps you can add to Alterac Mountains and Blindweed for Dustwallow Marsh for example. And if someone says: "tHeSe ArE lOw LeVel aReAs" shut up and listen, if you want only endgame areas to be populated and older zones abandoned go play retail where game is developed vertically that way.

2. Reduce respawn time for the flowers if you think they are too expensive. If you change respawn timer for Plaguebloom from 45 to 22 minutes we will have 2 times more Plaguebloom on the market. Simple as that.

3. Nerf Lashers to the ground. We all know how overpowered this is and it is good only for Paladins and Mages (and maybe Priests/Warlocks). We don't need this thing to enhance inflation on everything possible.

Please do something with these issues if you want to have a healthy game.
Peace <3

Drubarrymooer

Re: The economy is ruined

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:03 pm

The devs didn't forget to implement the new prices on grey items. Clear your wdb.

Calli

Post by Calli » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:04 pm

Afraido23 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:14 pm
Herbalism became a joke profession, only thing that is worth wandering for is black lotus which is completely luck dependent and grave moss that doesn't drop from lashers.
Still I see campers on the spots all the time.
Afraido23 wrote:
1. Add more herbs that you think are ruining the economy somewhere in the world. You can add Plaguebloom to Silverpine Forest and Tirisfal Glades and such, all zones that are related to the Plague. Mountain Silversage you can add anywhere basically, all the mountain areas. Icecaps you can add to Alterac Mountains and Blindweed for Dustwallow Marsh for example. And if someone says: "tHeSe ArE lOw LeVel aReAs" shut up and listen, if you want only endgame areas to be populated and older zones abandoned go play retail where game is developed vertically that way.

2. Reduce respawn time for the flowers if you think they are too expensive. If you change respawn timer for Plaguebloom from 45 to 22 minutes we will have 2 times more Plaguebloom on the market. Simple as that.
There is a certain % of players who harvest these nodes, it would benefit them even more, hoarding, selling, etc the gold.
Afraido23 wrote:
3. Nerf Lashers to the ground. We all know how overpowered this is and it is good only for Paladins and Mages (and maybe Priests/Warlocks). We don't need this thing to enhance inflation on everything possible.
It would be better to put more nodes in more dungeons to make equivalent that can be farmed from lashers, like Wailing Caverns, all Razorfen and Dire Maul dungeons, Maraudon... , . That could enforce more cooperation and other classes also could have a chance to harvest. Plus herbalism would be still required. I agree on this one, that much herbs should not be available to everybody but herbalists.

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:11 pm

"the markets are gonna regulate itself"

Paybacksz

Post by Paybacksz » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:16 pm

most herbs outdoor are picked
what are u talkiing about
cant change shitton gold for simple herb ? thats good

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:22 pm

Economy ruined? But how? I can buy consumables cheaper than before. Herbalism is still BiS gathering profession btw.

Wait a few more weeks until prices of herbs go to the minimum. Lasher farm won't be as efficient as it is now. Devs also declared that they would change Lasher farm again if things go out of control. So another nerf of herbs drop chance from lashers is very possible.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Biteyou
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Biteyou » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:49 pm

It was ruined before the patch, now it's correcting and plaguebloom doesn't cost 70g a stack. This isn't a new server, it's 5 years old. New players can't afford to consume like that without farming several days a week. You can make money on other things, sorry.

Alfonso

Post by Alfonso » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

I am not into the market analysis so forgive me if i am wrong here, but as i see it no profession makes profit.

Seedrunning dungeons does!

Everyone can farm like crazy on nordanaar. If you dont have piles of gold and cant buy whatever you want from the ah its not a game balance problem. its just beeing lazy.

Does not matter how many people are online. You can do 5 Dungeons per hour per alt.

20g per potion is not much it takes 10min to farm that on two accounts in T3 gear.

Fixing the wrong end of the problem.

Now you have sick geared speedrun option number 42 opened up for piling gold from selling herbs. GJ!
My Mule is filled to the top and all Bankchars too.

Only People that come online for raid and leave after complain. Nothing new. Devs are just maintenance_turtle

Terras

Post by Terras » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 pm

Final got some time back on the server yay!

A lot of what I'm seeing on here that would be called "fighting" in regard to the economy seems to be from the max level players. I can't say I relate, and I don't want to poo poo your experience, but as someone who plays low level stuff because I can only spend a few hours on a week, it has made it a lot easier for me to get resources on my character. Even when I have to pull stuff off the auction house for a quest or to make an item with my smithing, I can now find it at a price someone who can't farm for crap can afford. I love that you guys are so into this, and you put your passion on display every day, but please don't forget the people without a max character, much less a geared one, when you measure the impacts the server changes have.

Stay saucy, but don't leave that shit out on the counter to spoil!

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm

Ruined MORE, you mean?
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

What about making Dark Iron ore and Thorium ore and Dense Stone to be dropped off miners in HFQ?
Now you don't need herbalism to gather herbs. Why should you level mining to gather metals?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am
What about making Dark Iron ore and Thorium ore and Dense Stone to be dropped off miners in HFQ?
Now you don't need herbalism to gather herbs. Why should you level mining to gather metals?
What about you stop exaggerating ?

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

I just find it very fun that devs were fighting against mage-farm (ZF, ZG) and then they tried to make consumables affordable, so it ended up in "just level yourself a mage" meta.
Not sure if it is bad option afterall.
If there is only one farm, then all people farm there. If there are multiple different farms, then people split between them and trade the resources.
It would be cool to remove some herbs from lashers in DME and add those herbs to Maraudon mobs. So you get two different herb farms instead of one uniform.
Have fun not only at 60.

Calli

Post by Calli » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

Make lashers to be able harvest with herbalism, similar to skin animals. So the profession stays relevant. Herbalist mages and paladins unite!

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

Do not pretend herbalism became obsolete because you say so.
I usually travel across maps and most herbs are still picked
Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am
It would be cool
No it would not.

Biteyou

Post by Biteyou » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am
I just find it very fun that devs were fighting against mage-farm (ZF, ZG) and then they tried to make consumables affordable, so it ended up in "just level yourself a mage" meta.
Not sure if it is bad option afterall.
If there is only one farm, then all people farm there. If there are multiple different farms, then people split between them and trade the resources.
It would be cool to remove some herbs from lashers in DME and add those herbs to Maraudon mobs. So you get two different herb farms instead of one uniform.
It's actually level yourself a paladin meta. But I've seen just about every class able to farm them, maybe not to the same effectiveness but I haven't seen one class yet who can't hit 5 lockouts in an hour using some spec of their class.

Fischminister

Post by Fischminister » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 am

Afraido23 wrote:
Economy patch 2.0 is destroying the economy.

Herbalists see their flowers they gathered as they supposed to are now worthless

Why is the Economy destroyed? Explain? It is altered by more supply. You can still play the AH. You can still sell your services. You can still farm your herbs the normal way. What is your problem?
Did you like riding in circles with nothing to find? Or did you have a full bank to cash in which lost its value?

This change, even if a bit overtuned, is a big W for everyone raiding.

Yes it is not open world farmin.You can firm on the time you are online. But other than that what changes economywise? Especially if regarding your solution? World with less people? A lot of people now have time since they dont have the pressure of not affording their consumes. I can play my alts more, explorer, do old quests.
My limited time is more free I am not bound to farming all the time . I go with my alt DME a couple of runs and im done with the chores.

So that is your problem?

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 am

op is right, this lasher farm change is a complete farce and only done because the people running twow and their buddies consider anything other than raiding a "chore" so now they can finish their chores quicker

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am

op is wrong, this lasher farm change is a complete win and not only done because the people running twow and their buddies consider anything other than raiding a "chore" so now they can finish their chores quicker

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:30 am

Ataika wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am
op is wrong, this lasher farm change is a complete win and not only done because the people running twow and their buddies consider anything other than raiding a "chore" so now they can finish their chores quicker
Have fun not only at 60.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:59 am

Xudo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:30 am
Ataika wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am
Iam here to motivate twow developers once they read your "dey ruind everytiiin" screeching.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am

Ataika wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:59 am
Iam here to motivate twow developers once they read your "dey ruind everytiiin" screeching.
So you think that turtle devs will fix warlocks because you support them much?
They won't.
At least not because you supporting them.
They also won't implement any of your suggestions just because they like can't do exactly that players requested. Even if suggestion is good. They have their own vision and priorities.
Have fun not only at 60.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am

Xudo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am
They also won't implement any of your suggestions
They have already implemented my lasher suggestion.
Xudo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am
So you think that turtle devs will fix warlocks because you support them much?
They won't.
I do not support twow blindly, for an example i condemn their idea of old av implementation, that was really bad.
Still i have to support their attempts to fix server economy, because people like you will complain with attempts to derail new changes

Nonnoanselmo

Post by Nonnoanselmo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am

I can afford my consumes smiling_turtle_head
Herbalism chuds seething smiling_turtle_head
Tanks no longer have to spend 120g for flask of the titans and not get oneshot by kt smiling_turtle_head
Healers no longer have to spend 80g for infinite wisdom so the don't oom while progressing smiling_turtle_head
Mages/Warlocks no longer have to spend 90g so they can deal damage smiling_turtle_head
Melee dps no longer have to spend 14g for 3% crit smiling_turtle_head

You will farm my herbs satisfied_turtle_head
You will sell me your consumes at an affordable price satisfied_turtle_head
You will lose on interest from hoarding and trying to scalp people for flasks and elixirs satisfied_turtle_head
You will not force me to slave away 5 hours a day to buy a potion satisfied_turtle_head
You will continue complaining satisfied_turtle_head
You will continue seething satisfied_turtle_head
I will continue drinking my pots satisfied_turtle_head

If you are nice maybe i will buy a troll's blood potion and a mageblood potion as well, i am sorry you have to deal with a competitive market. I guess it's time to level another profession for you, i hear enchanting is doing hot; shame you have to turn on your brain to get blues and greens to disenchant instead of running in a circle in EPL fighting bots for a 3g flower. maintenance_turtle
I like UX design.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:42 am

In the past year twow has really shown that it just wants to be a raiding simulator. There are much better games and expansions of wow for that. Vanilla is popular not for the raiding its popular because of the world and its the closest to a sandbox that wow has ever been. PvP is already bad and now the economy is being ruined. How the server has been around since 2018 and still has the ranking system is very telling. Even before classic launched and everyone was "no changes" there were people saying they should change the ranking system.

Server will be dead if they just want everyone standing around in org and sw waiting to raid

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:29 am

I unironically agree with Eversong. Why are twow devs so obsessed on endgame stuff. Being an RP server and devs only interested in raid is funny. Raiders being the elitist of the entire server and devs bending their arses to their every whines is worrying.
They should be more focusing on non-raider playerbase and made the endgame for these people too instead of catering too much to raiding.
Longevity of this server is pretty unhealthy if it continues to be like this

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:59 am

Jongyi wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:29 am
I unironically agree with Eversong. Why are twow devs so obsessed on endgame stuff. Being an RP server and devs only interested in raid is funny. Raiders being the elitist of the entire server and devs bending their arses to their every whines is worrying.
They should be more focusing on non-raider playerbase and made the endgame for these people too instead of catering too much to raiding.
You mean the way it was before all the mass farmers ruined the economy?

It's not that the devs are focused on raiding. They've added plenty of new custom leveling content, gear, etc. It's that the devs care about the users not the abusers. There are still market manipulators around. Hopefully they'll take care of them next. It shouldn't ever take 6 hours of farming for 3 hours of raiding.

As for the server dying.... It thrived for years under 1k. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:40 am

Herbalists profited for years from staggering high herb pices. No doubt the latest change hit them hard. But i find it difficault to be compassionate about the profession being brought back in line with other professions.

There is also the case that as people deem herbslism less necessary due to diremaul, people will drop it over the next weeks or months so expect a risein profit for the remaining herbalists.

While i do agree with op in the sense that just craming any and all herbs into the same 8 instanced mobpacks is a very hamfisted approach to solve the problem. In no way is this worse than what it was before the patch. I personally would have prefered more different instanced & non instanced spots to farm certain herbs over a one stop shop for literally everything, any server as old as turtlewow by its very nature has a lot of people at endgame compared to lvlers and farmers. So it needs a increase in herb availability, lest everyone having to play and inflate the AH just to get their weekly flask fix. Cheap consumables also lessen the incentives for gold buying.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:55 am

Herbalists still profit, black lotus is a great trade coin. specialy in naxx runs.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:35 pm

Nonnoanselmo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am
Tanks no longer have to spend 120g for flask of the titans and not get oneshot by kt smiling_turtle_head
I think it is problem. Tanks tend to sacrifice mitigation stats in favor of threat generation, so they have to drink that flask to not get 1shotted.
They do this because dps drink all their possible consumables to deal moar dps. They also can't run out of mana and don't need to care about mana management because of tea. So they don't ever stop casting their spells.
Have fun not only at 60.

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:10 pm

Jongyi wrote:
In lights of the just announced lower lvl dungeon extension, it is obviously wrong to claim twow devs are just raid focused

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:27 pm

Jongyi wrote:
What are you even on about? The bulk of the additions this server saw involve the leveling phase. In fact they should work more on more endgame content (and class balance). Do we need ANOTHER low level quest hub when there's already so much content you can level on slow & steady and never be anywhere near running out of quests?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:53 pm

Eversongwoods wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:42 am
In the past year twow has really shown that it just wants to be a raiding simulator. There are much better games and expansions of wow for that. Vanilla is popular not for the raiding its popular because of the world and its the closest to a sandbox that wow has ever been. PvP is already bad and now the economy is being ruined. How the server has been around since 2018 and still has the ranking system is very telling. Even before classic launched and everyone was "no changes" there were people saying they should change the ranking system.

Server will be dead if they just want everyone standing around in org and sw waiting to raid
Jongyi wrote:

Tell me you don't play Turtle WoW without telling me you don't play Turtle WoW.