Expanding Transmog to items you cant equip.

Sark21

Expanding Transmog to items you cant equip.

Post by Sark21 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:44 pm

As a clothy I find it unfair that plate wearers can transmog down to cloth items but it doesn't work the other way around. I'm wondering if its possible to enable transmog of items as it enters your bag? I'd love to see a priest with plate armor transmoged on to their gear. Expanding into offhand shields transmoging priest off hand item. what do you think?

Zeran

Re: Expanding Transmog to items you cant equip.

Post by Zeran » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 pm

I'd also like something like that, but on the other hand, a priest in full plate might look weird.

For clothies, allowing them to transmog into leather gear would be reasonable. I think that would be a great compromise and wouldn't look out of place.

But of course, clothies can't wear leather, and the whole current transmog system is based around equipping gear first to add it to your collection. So that whole part of the system would have to be redesigned, which might not be trivial.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Voulome

Post by Voulome » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:05 pm

Maybe if equiped item are share between character acount wide it could work.

While we're on the subject of transmog, it would be cool to be able to transmog gun crosbow & bow between them

Likaleo

Post by Likaleo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:38 pm

Sark21 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:44 pm
As a clothy I find it unfair ...
If you find class differences unfair you should not play mmos. Class differences are what makes this game fun.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:45 pm

Why aren't plate users paying the transmog tax? Do warriors really have to be both the best class in the game and best transmog collectors?

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:41 am

Gantulga wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:45 pm
Why aren't plate users paying the transmog tax? Do warriors really have to be both the best class in the game and best transmog collectors?
"Best class"

*Laughs in stealth dungeon skipping*

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:48 am

Not a bad idea. There were some plate items that everyone could equip and transmog years back, and it didn’t break the game or anything.

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:14 pm

+1 would open up a lot of variety for all classes in fashioncraft.

It might be tricky to do though, as unlocking the transmog requires you equipping said item. So how would it work?

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:10 pm

It would bring a great visual variety to the classes that are stuck in specific armor types obviously not counting plate wearers as they have the ability to wear a cloth dress with a plate helm if so desired haha