Class Changes 2?

Verdict

Class Changes 2?

Post by Verdict » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:27 pm

Hey guys,

It's passing March soon and I'm sure people are wondering about Class Changes 2 & how they'll be delivered/executed? Seeing the original teaser or announcement for the roadmap of 2024 Class Changes seem under 1/3d of the way of that. I'd guess either end of March of April in its entirety.

Questions:
Will we receive any teasers for these changes?

How big will these changes be, small tweeks or entire game-altering?

Will we be able to test them in an environment?

Are they already been tested?

Pretty sure tons of people are excited as I am, personally, I can't wait!

Regards,
Verdicta

Burunduk

Re: Class Changes 2?

Post by Burunduk » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:44 pm

Class changes will be in late autumn after some new private Classic + server release.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:04 pm

Akalix said on the Discord server that they are doing two patches for 2024 and they are currently on track. So, I reckon 1.17.2 will come sometime in Summer (~3-4months) and 1.18 will come near the end of the year.

Verdict

Post by Verdict » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:24 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:04 pm
Akalix said on the Discord server that they are doing two patches for 2024 and they are currently on track. So, I reckon 1.17.2 will come sometime in Summer (~3-4months) and 1.18 will come near the end of the year.
Thanks for this, damn, I still hope for some detailed post to set expectations properly for our side

Akos1896
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Akos1896 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:51 pm

Verdict wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:24 pm
Jc473 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:04 pm
Thanks for this, damn, I still hope for some detailed post to set expectations properly for our side
+1
Some info about buff/nerf targets and things like this would be cool.

Verdict

Post by Verdict » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:58 am

Maybe bump this with all due respect hoping for some information :D

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:47 pm

I highly doubt there will be any info before the patch
And also very concearned about these "changes" i have no clue what a ragtag of random pvpers Twow hired r gonna prepare,would be good to know how my class will look like so i wont waste my time in case these changes are shit

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:05 pm

I'm more curious if changes will be significant or minuscule.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:40 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:05 pm
TWoW's first stab at class changes was always going to be on the conservative side. They also kept it 100% behind closed doors before releasing it. This is something they might have regretted given that they've asked for community input (Class Council) for the next round of changes.

So, I think this time round, they will be more adventurous with the changes.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:56 am

I just hope rogue will be worth playing after the changes.

Pwnladerp

Post by Pwnladerp » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am

they need to change trolls racial entirely, gettign +5 to bows and throwing weapons is ridiculous because every other class can now get it due to hyjal.

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:19 am

weapon skill on ranged is next to useless why are you guys hanged up on it...ranged weps cannot glance you are getting 0.05% crit and hit

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:59 pm

Pwnladerp wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am
they need to change trolls racial entirely, gettign +5 to bows and throwing weapons is ridiculous because every other class can now get it due to hyjal.
I'll always support troll buffs turtle_tongue_head
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Akos1896
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Akos1896 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:02 pm

Zeran wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:59 pm
Pwnladerp wrote:
As a fellow troll, I'd be okay with them if TWOW made thrown weapons viable. RN they only exist on paper, noone uses them.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:06 pm

Akos1896 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:02 pm
Zeran wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:59 pm
Pwnladerp wrote:
As a fellow troll, I'd be okay with them if TWOW made thrown weapons viable. RN they only exist on paper, noone uses them.
Yep, viable thrown weapons as well as a throwable spear type weapon is the dream.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:04 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:40 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:05 pm
TWoW's first stab at class changes was always going to be on the conservative side. They also kept it 100% behind closed doors before releasing it. This is something they might have regretted given that they've asked for community input (Class Council) for the next round of changes.

So, I think this time round, they will be more adventurous with the changes.
I hope you are right. The small changes IMO are barely noticeable unless one has lived and breather WoW every waking moment. In other words - unless you're a min-maxer, the changes while still cool and appreciated, too small to notice.

I'm hopeful this time they will be bigger. Stuff like inventing entirely new abilities, for example, melee abilities for a Survival Hunter who is 100% and 0% ranged or Arcane abilities for an Arcane Mage and other things like that to make useless talent trees useful and fun. For an Arcane Mage, I imagine the main spell to be "Arcane Bolt" or something like that and "Frost Bolt" become obsolete or unusable.

This Turtle WoW 2.0 thing really has me curious. I hope the changes will be groundbreaking.

Verdict

Post by Verdict » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 pm

I personally believe in their ability to stay true to Classic while upgrade on it, making it more interesting.

Having high hopes here! \o/