Fix Horde AV towers

Springboards

Fix Horde AV towers

Post by Springboards » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:50 pm

Currently, the horde towers are next-to useless due to LoS being introudced in the game. Normally, the archers would fire through the tower/terrain/trees but here with LoS they are completely blind. There is a reason why a single rogue can cap tower point--heck, you dont even need to be a rogue you can be any class which can CC the commander, even a warrior with rocket helm.

Here is what I mean:Image

Solution: remove ALL the trees around the tower, and put all the archers facing the frostwolf GY. Just like the alliance ones. Here is the Alliance bunker, for example.Absolutely ZERO LOS and they fire at you when you are at Stonehearth GY

Springboards

Re: Fix Horde AV towers

Post by Springboards » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:52 pm

Also FIX ALLIANCE GUARD RESPAWN RATE. It is absolutely bugged. Sometimes they spawn into each other, respawn instantly 3 times in a row(especially if their team turns in armor scarps/upgrades NPCs or captures a mine, I think the script plays double or triple and it causes a forced spawn an abnormal amount of Stormpike Guardsmen)

The Horde ones obviously do not have this problem, I have never seen them spawn into each other
Last edited by Springboards on Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:57 pm

Or copy paste the Alliance bunker

Try capping Alliance bunker as a single rogue with a commander inside...you cant.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:17 pm

Posting here is pointless, make a bug report.
All av changes have been made only after proper reporting.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:02 pm

Springboards wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:57 pm
Or copy paste the Alliance bunker

Try capping Alliance bunker as a single rogue with a commander inside...you cant.
This is not true. I think there is a safe spot in every bunker where archers can't shoot you. Commander can be sapped, you go to safespot and capture the tower.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:21 pm

Also as Ataika said, you should report this in bug tracker so it has higher chance of being fixed. You clearly found a bug with double spawn of upgraded troops, they shouldn't stay doubled in the same place, weaker units should despawn when upgraded troops come in. I believe you can kill weaker units now so they won't spawn again in this case.

About Tower Point... I also think it's worse than Icewing Bunker but it isn't useless at all. You aren't always behind trees when attacking Tower Point so you will be hit eventually. And Tower Point is actually great if Alliance want to skip the tower and go straight to the Frostwolf Graveyard, in this case archers do a really good job. Even West & Easter Frostwolf Towers are good at defending the only one choke point that Horde has in base. I'm against nerfind/buffing these towers.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041