Nerf Lasher Farm

Jc473

Re: Nerf Lasher Farm

Post by Jc473 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:22 am

Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:41 pm
You don't need gold to succeed in the game. You need gear and resources.
What are other negative effects from increased prices?
But you need the gold to acquire the resources (and some gear, potentially) from the auction house. The more inflated an economy is, the bigger the gap becomes between the fresh 60s and the established players. On an mature server like Nordanaar, it is harder for players (especially the casual/new ones) to gather resources directly so they must deal with the ever rising auction house prices. 'Normal' game activities aren't enough to keep up with inflation and so the player feels compelled to partake in the most efficient farming methods. In turn, more money is pumped into the economy and prices rise further. It's a vicious positive-feedback cycle. This is especially true if the farms are ridicously good at generating raw gold and/or the game lacks potent gold sinks.

Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:41 pm
Is it that bad afterall?
Is inflation bad, overall? Well, I would say that any healthy economy has some level of inflation but probably not at the level Nordanaar is experiencing. Afterall, there's a reason why people are complaining about it. It's mainly because they are struggling to keep up with the rising prices and could well quit because of it. Furthermore, the devs are implementing solutions to try and combat it so they clearly feel that it needs addressing too.

These are some interesting discussions on inflation in the WoW forums:
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ith/469995
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ers/534086

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:21 am

lasher farming causes the inflation that makes people have to farm lashers to afford consumables

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:52 am

Jc473 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:22 am
The more inflated an economy is, the bigger the gap becomes between the fresh 60s and the established players.
There is already huge gap between fresh 60 and established players. High tier gear is a reason why some people can 5-man MC and sell all epics to vendor/disenchant to get huge amounts of gold.
But for some reason, aim of this thread is directed towards gold farm which is available to t1 players.
By nerfing lasher farm you won't make life of fresh 60 easier. You will make it easier for established players with strong gear and access to more efficient gold farms.

Gap between established player and new player can be in amount of high level characters. You can farm a lot in a party of 2 if you make yourself tank and healer. They can be in dungeon-t1 gear, but be able to clear thrash of most dungeons.

You can get massive amount of gold, but you can't win game just by gold.
Jc473 wrote:
'Normal' game activities aren't enough to keep up with inflation and so the player feels compelled to partake in the most efficient farming methods.
What do you mean by "normal" here?
PvP grants you zero gold. PvE grants you a lot of stuff to sell for gold.
MMO as a genre encourage you to spend time, it is your choice whether it is gold farm or resources farm.
Raidlogging people don't contribute to online numbers.

When will you stop nerfing various farm around the world? Lashers now, stratholme second, HFQ third, maraudon next. Will you remove grey loot from every mob in the game?

consumables are not mandatory
if you raid time + farm time > raid time without consumables, then don't use them
it is possible to gather herbs in dungeons for you and your team
there should be true gold sink aimed at gatherers and AH sellers
Last edited by Xudo on Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:43 am

Eversongwoods wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:21 am
lasher farming causes the inflation that makes people have to farm lashers to afford consumables
This simple fact is beyond their understanding

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:35 am

Ataika wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:43 am
Eversongwoods wrote:
Which farm don't cause inflation?
Have fun not only at 60.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:40 am

Xudo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:35 am
Ataika wrote:
Eversongwoods wrote:
Any farm without huge raw gold income

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 am

Ataika wrote:
Eversongwoods wrote:
Or just don't consume. Either way, no need to be rude to others. Idek why we have another thread on this. It's like y'all enjoy arguing. This a GAME we all enjoy.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:51 am

Ataika wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:40 am
Xudo wrote:
Ataika wrote:

Any farm without huge raw gold income
There is nothing significant to spend your gold on in this game, so it will accumulate in time one way or another. There are also no good ways to remove gold from the game like in Eve or Albion. This nerfing crap is pointless and annoying.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm

Turboman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:51 am
There is nothing significant to spend your gold on in this game, so it will accumulate in time one way or another. There are also no good ways to remove gold from the game like in Eve or Albion. This nerfing crap is pointless and annoying.
Dude there is a big difference how gold is accomulated, 10g per hour or 100g per hour.
The faster the more people accomulate gold out of thin air the higher inflation is, how is that hard to understand ?

People have to farm lashers or they fall behind gold wise.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:32 pm

Ataika wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm
Dude there is a big difference how gold is accomulated, 10g per hour or 100g per hour.
The faster the more people accomulate gold out of thin air the higher inflation is, how is that hard to understand ?

I think this is the key point here; the raw gold generation is an outlier. This is especially true when considering the low barriers to entry (i.e. a fresh 60 mage/paladin and multiple account usage) and how easy it is to 'industrialise' it on TWoW with mobile vendors etc. Also, as Akalix pointed out, it's not great for the game when this can all be achieved on a solo basis.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:48 pm

It is not outlier, it is current optimal point. If you remove that point, people will find another optimum, which surely exist and is not very popular yet.

There will always be optimal place to farm. Currently it is lasher one. Though I am not sure if it is best one or just most popular.
Have fun not only at 60.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:54 pm

Xudo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:52 am
if you raid time + farm time > raid time without consumables, then don't use them
Unfortunately, you're just never going to change the mentality of "raiding requires consumes". I'm raiding with a fairly casual guild right now (~4 hour BWL) and this was with quite a lot of consumes being used. A lot of the raiders want to use them to compensate for their lack of gear/skill. On the other hand, the more hardcore guilds like to use them to ensure their raids are cleared in the most efficient way possible. Other reasons include; 1) some are necessity like protection potions, 2) part of the fun of raiding is prepartion and 3) they are fun to use.

So, whether you like it or not, consumable usage in raids is here to stay and thus people are going to either have to farm them (very difficult on Nordanaar) or buy them (contend with inflation).

Xudo wrote:
Jc473 wrote:
'Normal' game activities aren't enough to keep up with inflation and so the player feels compelled to partake in the most efficient farming methods.
Well, basic stuff like questing, dungeons (in a full group) or overworld farming. None of this stuff competes with things like lasher farming. As such, people feel compelled to learn the most efficient gold farming methods to 'keep up' with consumable costs.

Xudo wrote:
When will you stop nerfing various farm around the world? Lashers now, stratholme second, HFQ third, maraudon next. Will you remove grey loot from every mob in the game?
The reason(s) why the lasher farm is being targeted is a combination of the following:
1) Relatively low barrier to entry - fresh 60 mage/paladin/priest(maybe) and not hard to do
2) Outlier in terms of raw gold generation especially for the requirements
3) Solo activity - Akalix has repeatedly said that they don't want the more (or most?) powerful methods to be a solo activity. They'd prefer if some level of teamwork was required.

Based on these criteria, I don't think the other examples on your list will be touched. Lashers is clearly an outlier, in my opinion.

Will it reduce the income of the casual/new/less skilled players who rely on it? Yes, of course. But you can also say that the consumable prices should eventually decrease because the income of these players has been reduced.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:59 pm

Xudo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:48 pm
It is not outlier, it is current optimal point. If you remove that point, people will find another optimum, which surely exist and is not very popular yet.

There will always be optimal place to farm. Currently it is lasher one. Though I am not sure if it is best one or just most popular.
No, it very much is an outlier. Please dont' conflate the use of 'outlier' and 'optimal' in this situation.

Akalix (and the team, I assume) has described it this way and I'm sure it's because they're actually looking at the data. All we have is anecdotal evidence but based the on the reasons I've given in my previous post, I think it's pretty obvious that it's an outlier.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:17 pm

Ataika wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm
Turboman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:51 am

Fall behind goldwise, what the hell is this? Is there a goldmining race or something?
The rates of gold accumulation dont matter because like i've said before there is nothing significant to spend your gold on except expensive consumables and epic mounts, maybe boe items. Consumables are expensive because of the rare herbs that are sniped by people that are camping them nodes, and boe items are optional. Turtle is an old server with a lot of vereran players that probably have more gold than what i've farmed during the past four months, i don't really see the economy being in shambles because of it. By nerfing lashers you'll just make things more annoying instead of fair.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:52 pm

This entire thread of whiners feel like veteran elitist players trying to gatekeep newer players to accessible gold.
Like IRL corpo wanting people to remain poor.
Consume are only the 'first world' problem and more than half of the server don't raid

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:52 pm

Xudo wrote:
I think ZG crocs farm before the nerf didn't cause inflation, at least looking at Zulian Crocolisk loot now. It used to be better than lashers back then. Crocolisks drop mainly Bijous and Coins, sometimes recipes that were vendored. All these recipes can't generate that much raw gold right? So it didn't cause inflation.

On the other hand, as I suggested, if 3 gray items are removed from lashers loot table, the lasher farm won't cause inflation because raw gold won't be generated (at least not on same scale as now). So no inflation.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:58 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:52 pm
This entire thread of whiners feel like veteran elitist players trying to gatekeep newer players to accessible gold.
Consume are only the 'first world' problem and more than half of the server don't raid
I don't know why you think someone wants to block you. You will get access to it as soon as you get level 60 supposing you have proper class for this farm. Natural progression is important in WoW. Level 1 characters shouldn't earn as much as 60s. Btw, are developers gatekeeping you if they want to stop you from buying gold for real money? After all, why to farm gold if you can spend a few $ to have same result?
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:34 pm

yeahh a proper raid logger dont need zg crocs, dm lashers, av herbrs or any others nod camp to pop gold.

Turtle have a good mana.china suport to give you a 5 star experience ;)

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:17 pm

about the ranked pvp, im interested in the numbers of r13 waiting €uros to lvl.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:42 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:33 am
Likaleo wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 am
If you nerf lasher farm people will go next instance to farm it would not help economy it would only increase herbs like black lotus and dreamfoil price
What is this legendary "next instance" everyone talks about?
Did you even read my suggestion? I only want to nerf vendor loot which generates raw gold. I suggested to also buff herbs drop chance so the farm isn't completely useless.
Not sure why Im replying because I can tell your a cupcake dad gamer already.... But theres plenty of instance farms other than lashers you filthy casual.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:16 am

Xwolfi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:42 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:33 am
Likaleo wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 am
If you nerf lasher farm people will go next instance to farm it would not help economy it would only increase herbs like black lotus and dreamfoil price
What is this legendary "next instance" everyone talks about?
Did you even read my suggestion? I only want to nerf vendor loot which generates raw gold. I suggested to also buff herbs drop chance so the farm isn't completely useless.
Not sure why Im replying because I can tell your a cupcake dad gamer already.... But theres plenty of instance farms other than lashers you filthy casual.
And of course our little xwoofy boy is unable to provide the info about "trust me bro ther are meni instanzes as leshers trust mee" because you know, thats a SeCreT InFormatIOn ( in fact our little boy has not clue or these gold farm methods are behind lasher income so its a shame to mention them in a discussion)

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:17 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:54 pm
Xudo wrote:
Unfortunately, you're just never going to change the mentality of "raiding requires consumes". I'm raiding with a fairly casual guild right now (~4 hour BWL) and this was with quite a lot of consumes being used. A lot of the raiders want to use them to compensate for their lack of gear/skill. On the other hand, the more hardcore guilds like to use them to ensure their raids are cleared in the most efficient way possible. Other reasons include; 1) some are necessity like protection potions, 2) part of the fun of raiding is prepartion and 3) they are fun to use.

So, whether you like it or not, consumable usage in raids is here to stay and thus people are going to either have to farm them (very difficult on Nordanaar) or buy them (contend with inflation).

Xudo wrote:
Jc473 wrote:
Well, basic stuff like questing, dungeons (in a full group) or overworld farming. None of this stuff competes with things like lasher farming. As such, people feel compelled to learn the most efficient gold farming methods to 'keep up' with consumable costs.

Xudo wrote:
The reason(s) why the lasher farm is being targeted is a combination of the following:
1) Relatively low barrier to entry - fresh 60 mage/paladin/priest(maybe) and not hard to do
2) Outlier in terms of raw gold generation especially for the requirements
3) Solo activity - Akalix has repeatedly said that they don't want the more (or most?) powerful methods to be a solo activity. They'd prefer if some level of teamwork was required.

Based on these criteria, I don't think the other examples on your list will be touched. Lashers is clearly an outlier, in my opinion.

Will it reduce the income of the casual/new/less skilled players who rely on it? Yes, of course. But you can also say that the consumable prices should eventually decrease because the income of these players has been reduced.
I don't understand the logic of reducing inflation by making people poorer. What is wrong with ppl having gold instead of select top raiders and elitist veteran raiders monopolying the riches. Your logic is like IRL millionaire worrying the poor and middle classes would become richer

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:22 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:58 pm
Jongyi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:52 pm
I don't know why you think someone wants to block you. You will get access to it as soon as you get level 60 supposing you have proper class for this farm. Natural progression is important in WoW. Level 1 characters shouldn't earn as much as 60s. Btw, are developers gatekeeping you if they want to stop you from buying gold for real money? After all, why to farm gold if you can spend a few $ to have same result?
Yeah, entire thread comes down to it. What i said have nothing to do with RMT either so stop gaslighting.
Consumes are not the problem of the majority of the players here. Don't try to make things harder for everyone just because of your elitist veteran raiders not wanting to spend sometime for farm

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:22 pm

Consumes are not the problem of the majority of the players here. Don't try to make things harder for everyone just because of your elitist veteran raiders not wanting to spend sometime for farm
I don't understand. Actually if lashers were nerfed, most raiders would have to spend more time to farm consumables.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:16 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm
Jongyi wrote:

I don't understand. Actually if lashers were nerfed, most raiders would have to spend more time to farm consumables.
If people can not afford current consumes price it will get lower eventually.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:25 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:16 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm
Jongyi wrote:

If people can not afford current consumes price it will get lower eventually.
Indeed, I think people are struggling to see the wood from the trees.

People want to cling on to this amazing gold farm (DME lashers) because it allows them to afford the ever rising consumable cost, for example. However, the sheer amount of gold pumped into the economy through these sorts of farming methods is one of the main reasons the consumable costs are this high (and rising).....

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:32 pm

Jongyi wrote:
That's interesting because I've heard plenty of raiders (maybe these "elitist veteran" ones) who very much rely on this farm to keep up with their weekly consumable requirements. Yes, there are other methods (mentioned in this thread) which only well geared groups can do, but the fact remains that the lasher farm is a very lucrative solo one. I promise you that when this nerf comes, you'll hear plenty of outcry from the people you are criticising.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:48 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:17 pm
I don't understand the logic of reducing inflation by making people poorer. What is wrong with ppl having gold instead of select top raiders and elitist veteran raiders monopolying the riches. Your logic is like IRL millionaire worrying the poor and middle classes would become richer
No, I'm wanting more gold drained out of the economy across all players. Read my previous posts and you'll see me mention that the game needs better gold sinks. Ideally, there should be stronger gold sinks for those who have 'too much' gold to know what to do with it! So, your last comment is way off the mark. If anything, I'm coming at this from a more socialist point of view by wanting stronger gold sinks for the rich.

Regarding the nerfing of the DME lasher farm - Let's also not pretend that plenty of rich/elitist/casual players who use it. Nerfing it will be impacting the majority of players. Yes, there are others who have figured more lucrative methods but their requirements are far higher and so the TWoW team will probably be OK with them.
Last edited by Jc473 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:09 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:25 pm

People want to cling on to this amazing gold farm (DME lashers) because it allows them to afford the ever rising consumable cost, for example. However, the sheer amount of gold pumped into the economy through these sorts of farming methods is one of the main reasons the consumable costs are this high (and rising).....
Exactly. And it means that nerfing this particular farm will just move people to other gold farms. Because people are forced by other people to gather money for consumables.
Illustrative example: instead of 100gph farm they will go to 99gph farm. If it will be nerfed, then they move to 98gph farm.
LBRS scorpids will probably be next. You need to clear half of the dungeon, but when you do it, you get access to 2 packs of non elite scorpids with very fast respawn time. They have grey Large Scorpid Claw for 14s/item with 35% chance and 10% white Glowing Scorpid Blood with 20s/item (or 30s/item on AH), high level BoE epics
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=9701

HFQ also has a lot of non-elite (or just easy) mobs without ranged attack. They can be easily farmed.

Some people solo farm Princess in Maraudon.

Some are trying to farm Stratholme. If you have mage it is easy.

Blackrock depths has tons of easy mobs near entrance.
I assume you want people to spend less money on consumables. And you think that if they have less money, then they spend less. But instead, they will just farm more for same amount of money.

You need to convey the idea that people don't have to use consumables all the time.
And I am afraid that this idea should be enforced by dev team and TBC guardian/battle elixirs. There is no other way to encourage people to consume less.
Have fun not only at 60.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:00 pm

Xudo wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:09 pm
Jc473 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:25 pm

Exactly. And it means that nerfing this particular farm will just move people to other gold farms. Because people are forced by other people to gather money for consumables.
Illustrative example: instead of 100gph farm they will go to 99gph farm. If it will be nerfed, then they move to 98gph farm.
LBRS scorpids will probably be next. You need to clear half of the dungeon, but when you do it, you get access to 2 packs of non elite scorpids with very fast respawn time. They have grey Large Scorpid Claw for 14s/item with 35% chance and 10% white Glowing Scorpid Blood with 20s/item (or 30s/item on AH), high level BoE epics
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=9701

HFQ also has a lot of non-elite (or just easy) mobs without ranged attack. They can be easily farmed.

Some people solo farm Princess in Maraudon.

Some are trying to farm Stratholme. If you have mage it is easy.

Blackrock depths has tons of easy mobs near entrance.
I assume you want people to spend less money on consumables. And you think that if they have less money, then they spend less. But instead, they will just farm more for same amount of money.

You need to convey the idea that people don't have to use consumables all the time.
And I am afraid that this idea should be enforced by dev team and TBC guardian/battle elixirs. There is no other way to encourage people to consume less.
Exactly. The real solution to the problem is not to nerf the farm but to nerf the consume. Make it like world buff nerf where you cannot use any consume in raid or limit the number of consume you can use in raid

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 pm

Xudo wrote:
I said this in a previous response to you but I still don't think you understand what the word 'outlier' means. If your 'illustrative example' reflected the reality of all gold farms on TWoW, I don't think the staff would touch any of the farms. However, as Akalix has pointed out, they regard the lasher farm has an outlier, i.e. the output is unrivalled especially for low requirements.

Regarding your examples, the barrier to entry pales in comparison to DME lashers and most of them do not produce nearly as much raw gold. The only one which stands out is the gold generated from the LBRS scorpids. It's hard to make a comment without knowing just how fast the respawn is or how much gph can be made. But the point is, as long as they feel it's within the realms of respectability, it will not be changed. At least it requires teamwork to clear up until this point!

Xudo wrote:
Yes, I want the price of these things to come down, as per player feedback. If the average player has less gold (due to DME lasher nerf), the current consumable prices will not be sustainable. You can't just say this average player will just "farm more for same amount of money". How can the seller justify the same price when the buyer has to work that much harder to meet it? It's just not sustainable.

Xudo wrote:
In previous threads, I have also tried to get players to 'take a stand' and refuse to buy at certain prices to force the sellers to adjust. I have also suggested that they learn to use consumables only when absolutely necessary. However, the fact is that a variety of raiders require consumes to meet their objectives and we need to respect that. Casual raiders might need them to actually progress on any given boss and hardcore raiders might need them to meet their efficiency goals. Also, people just find it fun to come 'prepared' for the raid. So, in summary, it's not anyone's place to tell people that they "don't have to use consumables all the time".

As for your suggestion about condensing raid consumes to the TBC guardian/battle elixirs, I am very confident that would kill a lot of joy for people who enjoy the preparation of Vanilla raiding.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:56 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:00 pm
Exactly. The real solution to the problem is not to nerf the farm but to nerf the consume. Make it like world buff nerf where you cannot use any consume in raid or limit the number of consume you can use in raid
A lot of people enjoy the preparation part of Vanilla raiding. Also, the wide variety of consumes encourages people to interact with many parts of the world which helps breathe life into it. Removing raid consumes or condensing them into the TBC battle/guardian elixirs will seriously detract from these two points.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:30 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:56 pm
Jongyi wrote:
A lot of people enjoy the preparation part of Vanilla raiding. Also, the wide variety of consumes encourages people to interact with many parts of the world which helps breathe life into it. Removing raid consumes or condensing them into the TBC battle/guardian elixirs will seriously detract from these two points.
Enjoying the so-called time-consuming preparation but spending an hour or two for farming lashers is beneath you? that is a hypocrisy at large.
World buff are also part of vanilla raiding as it encourage people to interact with many parts of the world such as working together to get buff in DM but they are still nerfed regardless
Consumes are the same now to the point of getting toxic so what is stopping them. Just nerf the consume and make them unusable in raid.
Nerfing lashers won't necessarily make the consume price drop
But nerfing the consumes and making it unusable in raid will surely make the price drop and eliminate the toxic problem of herb node camping.
Consume prices will drop and people will be happy. Win-win.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:35 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:30 pm
Enjoying the so-called time-consuming preparation but spending an hour or two for farming lashers is beneath you? that is a hypocrisy at large.
Eh? When did I say that "it's beneath me" ? I, like many other players, have used the farm because it's very effective. Too effective.... and I can admit/acknowledge it. For your average raider (i.e. consumable buyer), this is the go-to farm which is most likely greatly contributing to the rising prices. It also happens to be 'too easy' and solo which is why it has caught the attention of the TWoW staff. To be clear, I have no problem with 'raid preparation' taking the form of farming the consumes or farming the gold. But, I will absoutely recognise/accept that it would be better if the standard gold farms were harder to do and more team-oriented.

Jongyi wrote:
World buff are also part of vanilla raiding as it encourage people to interact with many parts of the world such as working together to get buff in DM but they are still nerfed regardless
This is a good point but I think there were a couple of reasons why they removed the tactic:
1) Hard to balance the raid difficulty when world buffs were a possibility - Yes, full consumes provide a considerable power increase but it pales in comparison to world buffs (e.g. 18% crit for casters, 10% damage increase etc).
2) Creates a nerve-racking raiding atmosphere - All it takes is one mistake/wipe and all the world buffs are gone which can easily lead to a toxic environment. This is now the opposite with consumes which persist through death.

Jongyi wrote:
Consumes are the same now to the point of getting toxic so what is stopping them. Just nerf the consume and make them unusable in raid.
Nerfing lashers won't necessarily make the consume price drop
But nerfing the consumes and making it unusable in raid will surely make the price drop and eliminate the toxic problem of herb node camping.
Consume prices will drop and people will be happy. Win-win.
The only toxic things are the ever increasing prices and the node camping. Unless you are in a guild with unreasonable demands, the consumables themselves, are not a toxic thing. I can assure you that the devs also feel this way given their latest 'consumables’ change in dungeons/raids. Conumable use in dungeons/raids isn't going anywhere! They will keep experimenting to solve this issue but it will not be achieved over night or by any one change. The server is also very mature and there's just so much existing gold that I think it will take a lot of time to see any noticeably positive impact on the prices.

Will your suggestion of making consumables unusable in raids work over night? Absolutely! But, as per my previous posts, I think it will take a lot of enjoyment away from the game. Aside from nerfing the outlying gold farms, I really think they should just absolutely flood the game with resources (e.g. 3x/4x the node count or respawn rate). If you increase the supply by this much, prices will have to start dropping. This will actually give the average player a chance to craft their own consumes as well as farm gold for them. Everyone wins!

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:44 am

Jc473 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:56 pm
Jongyi wrote:
Then those people should not whine about high prices or inflation.
Enjoy your preparation in DME.
Have fun not only at 60.