Bug-reporting made easier!

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Bug-reporting made easier!

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:43 pm

Greetings!

Starting today, bug reports can be submitted directly on our website using your existing game account. This eliminates the need to create additional user accounts on third-party websites to interact with our development and QA teams.

This marks the beginning of a massive backend website overhaul that will enable us to create a more efficient and user-friendly environment for gamers. The website is currently undergoing migration to a new framework, so we anticipate some turbulence in the coming days. However, please feel free to report any issues on our new tracker — https://turtle-wow.org/bug-tracker :)

Darktifa

Re: Bug-reporting made easier!

Post by Darktifa » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:55 pm

Bravo!
Once again, more than we deserve!
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:57 pm

Thank you for your work, we will also try to make our Turtle better!

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:02 pm

Is github repo now hidden?
Is this the only way to create a bug report via the website?
How to insert link in that new text editor?
Link that clickable like that Insta

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:41 am

very nice!! smiling_turtle_head

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:15 am

Good job, thank you.
I assume all issues from github were migrated to this tracker and it is good.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:36 am

i think it will be a clown show soon, every little thing will be reported as a bug on the page from players.
this will give devs massive loss of time i think....
you should add some requirements before som1 posts something.

Or have some1 only for this job: to delete double posts or posts that are not bugs at all.

they will be complains from new players that they dont have no idea how things work in game.... maintenance_turtle

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:40 pm

Elisleris wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:02 pm
Is github repo now hidden?
Is this the only way to create a bug report via the website?
How to insert link in that new text editor?
Link that clickable like that Insta
There'll be more formatting options available in the next update.

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:40 pm

Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:15 am
Good job, thank you.
The issues and related screenshots were migrated, that's correct.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:14 pm

rip now important bugs will drown under "pls fix this squirell tail" reports

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:27 pm

Devs don't do anything! Dead server! Jkjk. No seriously, ty for all your hard work Torta and the rest of the development team. I truly appreciate you.
<3

Slimthegrim

Post by Slimthegrim » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:39 pm

Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:15 am
Good job, thank you.
Noticed formatting issues with text loss in the body on a handful of my still-open reports.

The pictures were moved but aspect ratio's are all off, no big deal, none of mine became unusable.

The titles appear to have been maintained... between that and workable screenshots

edit: back after a few days of trying, new bug tracker is missing most everything we've come to rely on like notification after closure, etc. modifying stuff can't happen. vids in line disappeared becoming screenshots (dozens of videos lost in some of the best bug reports weve had). Old communicated guidance like closed won't fix lost in process.
Last edited by Slimthegrim on Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:13 pm

Ataika wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:14 pm
That would've been no different had they kept on using the Github..!

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:18 pm

Ataika wrote:
They have people checking it, if the error is small or unnoticeable they will move it to another place.
It's not like 1 or 2 people, they have around 5 reading, checking and clasificating every reported error.

Melg

Post by Melg » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:56 pm

This was maybe good idea, but it had terrible implementation so far on administrative and on execution levels. On the exectuion level - migrated issues are scuffed beyond any imaginable. Links doesnt work, images are low res and wrongly scaled with changed aspect ratio. People who owned their issues on github now cant modify them cause they are uploaded from nicks that are not on forum. On administrative level was just mad thing to nuke main repo just after that announce, also clearing up history of contributions for hundreds people, without any notice or public discussion about that matter. As was talled by one fella contributor: "A real shame the decision was rushed with no communication." There is petition for restoring github repository at least in archive form: viewtopic.php?t=13395 .

Melg

Post by Melg » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:13 pm

Bug reporting was made actually harder not easier with amount of bugs and unpolish on twow bug tracker. Can i just ctrl+v into it a picture to share screenshot? no, can i link something? no, can edit my post? no, can i link video? no, can i see someone else link to other issue? no it links to nuked github. Do i have some kind of achievement system where each day i get green bar if i submitted issue? no. Do i wanna report this bug i just foundout with blink? no i want to complain about this raw, unprepared, fast paced transition to scufed, but horray - self hosted system, instead of one that worked for years...

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:25 pm

Melg wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:13 pm
Bug reporting was made actually harder not easier with amount of bugs and unpolish on twow bug tracker. Can i just ctrl+v into it a picture to share screenshot? no, can i link something? no, can edit my post? no, can i link video? no, can i see someone else link to other issue? no it links to nuked github. Do i have some kind of achievement system where each day i get green bar if i submitted issue? no. Do i wanna report this bug i just foundout with blink? no i want to complain about this raw, unprepared, fast paced transition to scufed, but horray - self hosted system, instead of one that worked for years...
Sure, but now
the 1 (one) person that was complaining about github
will finally submit his bug report

viewtopic.php?p=89304#p89304
(check after Torta's reply)
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:33 am

Jc473 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:13 pm
Ataika wrote:
That would've been no different had they kept on using the Github..!
For obvious reasons ?
Before that implementation people went to github for a few reasons
- bug was very important (at least for the reporter)
- people are very interested in this action particular (love to report bugs in general)

Guthub was a gatekeep for these complainers who want to complain over minor stuff that hurts them but were too lazy to report because in fact the bug is minor and does not interfere with their regular gameplay (can wait to be fixed). Such people are unable to make proper reports.

I have no doubts devs gonna swim in a pool of useless stuff and spam reports, but its up to them to decide whethe they like it or not. For me there was no point to increase the report pool since github already is full of important (mechanic) bugs waiting to be fixed for months and every really major bug would be reported on github regardless of how hard it was for default housewive to register it (it wasnt hard at all)
Last edited by Ataika on Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:20 am

I actually agree with Ataika here. Though I appreciate effort of turtle team to be closer to people.

On a second thought, I think people are still lazy. Potential reasons why they won't do anything:
"If bugtracker is for everyone, let others do this work" or "this bug is probably already reported".
Have fun not only at 60.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:03 pm

thank you so much for listning to us <3

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:26 pm

Ataika wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:33 am
For obvious reasons ?
Before that implementation people went to github for a few reasons
- bug was very important (at least for the reporter)
- people are very interested in this action particular (love to report bugs in general)

Guthub was a gatekeep for these complainers who want to complain over minor stuff that hurts them but were too lazy to report because in fact the bug is minor and does not interfere with their regular gameplay (can wait to be fixed). Such people are unable to make proper reports.

I have no doubts devs gonna swim in a pool of useless stuff and spam reports, but its up to them to decide whethe they like it or not. For me there was no point to increase the report pool since github already is full of important (mechanic) bugs waiting to be fixed for months and every really major bug would be reported on github regardless of how hard it was for default housewive to register it (it wasnt hard at all)
Fair enough, I understand what you mean. Basically, the Github required an extra level of effort so this perhaps dissuaded people from reporting extremely minor bugs. I guess it depends on what you consider minor. I remember looking through the Github list of bugs and seeing some very minor ones too :)

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:40 pm

This is a really strange move, as now they need to maintain a full bugtracking system. What was the reasoning here, what was wrong with using github as every sane person does already?

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:44 pm

Sadly, the new bug tracker is a big and incomplete mess right now. On top of that it is flooded with quite a few reports which are duplicates, simply invalid or lack important details.

I hope that this current situation will be improved as soon as possible.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:34 pm

Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:40 pm
This is a really strange move, as now they need to maintain a full bugtracking system. What was the reasoning here, what was wrong with using github as every sane person does already?
I have a suspicion, that turtle bugtracker uses github as backend for issue storage. Main reason to implement homebrew system was to allow turtle accounts to report bugs. But devs still have an access to issues via github interface.
Have fun not only at 60.

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:42 pm

You may come to regret making the bugtracker more easily accessible :D

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:56 am

It sounds like there should have been a transition period where users could get the chance to use the new bug-tracker and to submit feedback about it, but instead the plug was pulled immediately with no time to react.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 pm

Xudo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:34 pm
Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:40 pm
I have a suspicion, that turtle bugtracker uses github as backend for issue storage. Main reason to implement homebrew system was to allow turtle accounts to report bugs. But devs still have an access to issues via github interface.
This is incorrect. The issues were fully exported and self-hosted - neither the old tracker nor its account is accessible any longer. Since it was my personal GitHub account, not one belonging to the organization, I have no interest in keeping it available for historical purposes.

We couldn't ensure a smooth and timely transition due to the complexity of exporting and importing issues from GitHub to the new system. Our goal was to minimize technical issues as much as possible.

We are fixing issues with the new tracker and deploying updates daily. I believe it's a matter of a couple of weeks until we have a tracking system that is both user-friendly for developers and players.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:41 pm

Writing own bug reporting tool is a brave move. I wish your estimates to be accurate and people to be reliable.
Have fun not only at 60.

Slimthegrim

Post by Slimthegrim » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:34 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:25 pm
Melg wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:13 pm
Sure, but now
the 1 (one) person that was complaining about github
will finally submit his bug report

viewtopic.php?p=89304#p89304
(check after Torta's reply)
True. Slashignore user has no issues in tracker still...

Melg

Post by Melg » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:15 pm

We've got responce from Torta in this topic: viewtopic.php?p=90956 and it seems to be somewhat not correlating towards what was discussed. But, one thing spoke to me loudly is " expecting immediate fixes—ideally, as if done yesterday." And its realy misrepresentation of ideas i spoke there, cause i noted: "im okay with my issues waiting for their turn however long, until they are implemented or declined. " But one thing for which it is really "ideally, as if done yesterday" - is bug tracker. Cause you've migrrated towards it, without notice to any of collaborators, and its 100 times worse and have less features than github, and migration also broke all usefulness of old issues cause of formatting and links. I dont know what legal, real life issue were solved by that fast paced move towards new system, but it was in fact rushed. Even if we had github repository on "acrhived" and new issues opened in new system - would be less painfull and would attract less of my attention towards it, than "Bug-reporting made easier!" - we use selfhosted notepad for issues now...

Designerdave

Post by Designerdave » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:44 pm

Melg wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:15 pm
cause i noted: "im okay with my issues waiting for their turn however long, until they are implemented or declined. " But one thing for which it is really "ideally, as if done yesterday" - is bug tracker. Cause you've migrrated towards it, without notice to any of collaborators, and its 100 times worse and have less features than github, and migration also broke all usefulness of old issues cause of formatting and links.
Do you hear yourself?
You realize we're now seeing your crazy multiplied over multiple posts. You literally said this in a different post:

"When QA team think of new issues as "mountain of new stuff" while this mountain was basically created by few peoples in span of like 4 days. Clearly something wrong."

Nothing is wrong. There was a lot of bugs, they're going to address them. But no, you put out a 5 point plan on how they could do it FASTER.

So which is it? Are you okay to wait or does the TWoW team need to invest tens of thousands of dollars to hire more QA and more Developers to deal with your issues in a speed that matches your liking?

Seriously, seek help.

Melg

Post by Melg » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:59 pm

Designerdave wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:44 pm
Melg wrote:
cause i noted: "im okay with my issues waiting for their turn however long, until they are implemented or declined. " But one thing for which it is really "ideally, as if done yesterday" - is bug tracker. Cause you've migrrated towards it, without notice to any of collaborators, and its 100 times worse and have less features than github, and migration also broke all usefulness of old issues cause of formatting and links.
Do you hear yourself?
You realize we're now seeing your crazy multiplied over multiple posts. You literally said this in a different post:

"When QA team think of new issues as "mountain of new stuff" while this mountain was basically created by few peoples in span of like 4 days. Clearly something wrong."

Nothing is wrong. There was a lot of bugs, they're going to address them. But no, you put out a 5 point plan on how they could do it FASTER.

So which is it? Are you okay to wait or does the TWoW team need to invest tens of thousands of dollars to hire more QA and more Developers to deal with your issues in a speed that matches your liking?

Seriously, seek help.

Okay let me clarify then. I think Its okay to handle issues on however many days needed. Its not okay to ask people to stop posting issues cause we are not fast enough to handle issues already posted and cause its one person who did this. I think issues should be present anyway and w8 for their hour to shine. To be rejected, transformed, fixed, or something else. Basically as i interpred his (QA dev) message was - that if i continue posting issues into bug tracker they will remove my access to it. And also 2 times i got suggestion that they can remove all of my issues in first place. Thats what i think is wrong. Not pace of development itself. I'm pretty fine with issue https://turtle-wow.org/bug-report?id=4035 dating 04:27 27/07/2023 except now its not "mine" and i can't modify it for example.

I see this as buckets, like all opened issues can be infinite bucket, and all closed issues can be infinite bucket. And in the middle there can be some issues that handled and marked with tags, and some that are in work/rewok, and some that are done, but w8 for QA approval that fix really worked out. And while some of buckets are getting empty (like features been implemented, they fill themselves from previos stage bucket with new stuff). Basically kanban idea.

Also wanna notice that if you dont have medical degree, and even if you had one, suggesting people to seek help with mental issues is not very productive, nor ethical. What if i really have some, and you will bring me to the darkest corners of my mental state with your dismissive suggestions? Seems more like a newly created troll account for me.

Designerdave

Post by Designerdave » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:21 pm

Melg wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:59 pm
Designerdave wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:44 pm
Melg wrote:
Do you hear yourself?

Seriously, seek help.

Okay let me clarify then. I think Its okay to handle issues on however many days needed. Its not okay to ask people to stop posting issues cause we are not fast enough to handle issues already posted and cause its one person who did this. I think issues should be present anyway and w8 for their hour to shine. To be rejected, transformed, fixed, or something else. Basically as i interpred his (QA dev) message was - that if i continue posting issues into bug tracker they will remove my access to it. And also 2 times i got suggestion that they can remove all of my issues in first place. Thats what i think is wrong. Not pace of development itself. I'm pretty fine with issue https://turtle-wow.org/bug-report?id=4035 dating 04:27 27/07/2023 except now its not "mine" and i can't modify it for example.
Because you post nonsense. I've seen your bugs. You post NONSENSE! Literally ascii nonsense. Don't pretend you're on the up and up and across the board. Your incessant need to complain demonstrates your true character.

Seek help... Whether I have a medical degree or not, I can see you need therapy and it would be unethical of me NOT to urge you to seek psychological help as soon as possible.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:35 pm

I'm going to close this topic since, at this point, it brings nothing constructive or positive overall. We're pretty happy to see the new bug tracking system being used by so many users and are looking forward to perfecting it over time.

There's nothing wrong with reporting even the smallest details, but there's no need to be overly dramatic about non-critical issues or the speed at which they're resolved. Additionally, there's no need to repeat the same discussion across multiple threads.