Glyph of Risk - New Tel'Abim PvP Glyph(s)

Imonobor
Has liked: 5 times

Glyph of Risk - New Tel'Abim PvP Glyph(s)

Post by Imonobor » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:59 pm

I think part of the reasons Tel'Abim struggles with population is the lack of Glyphs. They add so much flavor and replayability to the leveling experience and beyond, and I am sorely missing them, especially the Turtle Mode glyph.

Here is an idea for a Tel'Abim-only glyph that revolves around PvP:

GLYPH OF RISK
-When killed by another player using this Glyph (that is within your level range, e.g. not grey or skull), you drop a chest with 1-3 of your non-soulbound items from your inventory. Generic items like consumables, reagents and tradable quest items are excluded, along with an amount of your gold. This chest is lootable by anyone (even you) for the next 30 minutes.
-Gives a slightly higher chance to loot world drop green and blue items.
-This does not apply in Battlegrounds, only World PvP.

The amount of gold dropped depends on your level, capping at 5g at level 60. Any items you drop deduct their purchase value (4x vendor value) from this sum.
For example, you get killed at level 60 and drop one green from your inventory worth 1g to a vendor. Its purchase value would be 4 times that, so it counts for 4g. So you still drop 1g of your money on top of that. If it's impossible to drop any item, you drop the full 5g, if you have it.

Aside from that, some of the Glyphs from Nordanaar can be adapted for this PvP environment as well:

-Hardcore glyph will let you fight other HC characters of your level to the death. (even those of your own faction if you so choose)
-Warmode glyph could give you XP from enemy kills at the cost of less honor. (BG's should also give XP by default.)
-Turtle mode glyph should be transferred as-is. We need fashion coins and slower leveling!
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Ibux
Has liked: 9 times

Re: Glyph of Risk - New Tel'Abim PvP Glyph(s)

Post by Ibux » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:35 pm

wonder if it is possible to have a glyph that expose you on other players map or in other ways make other players easily find you. but you get increased reward for killing those that seek you out.

Tekamthi

Post by Tekamthi » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:00 pm

when i decided to start on turtle wow, i was also looking at ascension server -- over there they have a "high risk, high reward" glyph that almost swayed me over -- afaik this is more or less full-loot pvp, but with better drop rates while active. In the early 2000s I enjoyed lineage 2 over wow, and specifically the pvp ruleset, so this glyph was compelling to my nostalgia. Ultimately though i'm a noob at wow and wanted to get a sense of vanilla in mostly-pve, so it didn't fit with my gameplay objectives at that moment, but now that i'm a little more experienced, I do wish something like this existed, even on nordanaar

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:46 pm

Tekamthi wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:00 pm
when i decided to start on turtle wow, i was also looking at ascension server -- over there they have a "high risk, high reward" glyph that almost swayed me over -- afaik this is more or less full-loot pvp, but with better drop rates while active. In the early 2000s I enjoyed lineage 2 over wow, and specifically the pvp ruleset, so this glyph was compelling to my nostalgia. Ultimately though i'm a noob at wow and wanted to get a sense of vanilla in mostly-pve, so it didn't fit with my gameplay objectives at that moment, but now that i'm a little more experienced, I do wish something like this existed, even on nordanaar
I've played Ascension, and lemme tell you, the thrill of all-in high-risk pvp is something else, especially if you're playing HC. Of course it's not for everyone, hence why I tuned down the riskyness of it to only a couple gold/BoE items, but it should still provide that sense of excitement and dread of meeting players of the opposite faction in the open world, and fighting in the open world, instead of promoting the battleground meta. Increased droprates are also further incentive for that.
I also have nostalgic feelings from Runescape's Wilderness where you lost your entire inventory and gear if you died.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:22 am

GJ brother, very nice idea! thank u!

but i think HC doesnt belong to pvp server. is another playstyle....
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:33 am

Majestik51 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:22 am
GJ brother, very nice idea! thank u!

but i think HC doesnt belong to pvp server. is another playstyle....
Maybe you're right, it would be too hard to implement and protect from griefing. I guess there are other servers and games for those kinds of high-stakes PVP experiences.
Ibux wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:35 pm
wonder if it is possible to have a glyph that expose you on other players map or in other ways make other players easily find you. but you get increased reward for killing those that seek you out.
That is a great idea, but I think it's more suited for a WPvP zone event mechanic. Maybe some sort of king of the hill, where you have to protect an object against enemy players, and every kill you get without dying gives you more honor and marks you on their maps, and they get a bounty for killing you, increased by your streak.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:21 am

People left Tel'Abim because they didn't feel Classic +.
SOD came and gave them something new.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:36 am

Burunduk wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:21 am
People left Tel'Abim because they didn't feel Classic +.
SOD came and gave them something new.
so u saying turtle is not classic+ and sod it is....
bro u playing another game probably lol

sod is a copy of ascension and turtle together, and ofc the extra spells from future expansions (tbc, wotlk)

so imagine blizzard copied turtle wows ideas and build sod, and u coming here to say that what? turtle is not classic +??

u too funny man.! maintenance_turtle

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:47 am

SOD stole main ideas from Ascension and Chromiecraft, but not from Turtle.
TWoW doesn't have interesting things, except glyphs and modes, but they are optional.

SOD is more Classic + than TWoW.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:37 pm

ye classic + with things from tbc and wotlk, sure bro....!

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:27 pm

There is no clear definition of Classic +, it's just WoW Classic with changes.
Turtle also has spells from TBC and WotLK.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:59 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:47 am
SOD stole main ideas from Ascension and Chromiecraft, but not from Turtle.
TWoW doesn't have interesting things, except glyphs and modes, but they are optional.

SOD is more Classic + than TWoW.
It really isn't.

Have you done any custom dungeons? Raids? Quests? Whole ass ZONES? How many of those has blizzard given us so far?

On top of that, as far as I'm aware, no classes base toolkit has fundamentally changed. Talent trees are no different, and the only difference is that a couple talents give some bonus to the rune abilities.

Turtle has new spells, new raids, new dungeons, new talents, new spells, new profession goodies, new quality of life, new balance, new playstyles, new fun features like the radio, new gearing, and ALL sorts of other shit I might be forgetting to list.

The idea that SoD is "More classic+" than this collection of servers with nearly 6 years worth of content is just downright stupid. Objectively false.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:09 pm

Custom dungeons, quests and zones are optional.
When i leveled i skipped them.

New low level raids?
Who needs them? Many players have T3.

New spells, talents, profession...
I play with the same build, use the same skills, wear the same bis items, clear the same Naxx.
I don't feel Classic +.

When you play SOD you feel it.
You have new spells, you wear new items, you try new actual raids, you take part in pvp events.

SOD is more Classic + than Turtle.