Auctioneer Background Scan (theory)

Dragonro0t

Auctioneer Background Scan (theory)

Post by Dragonro0t » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:51 am

I am quite new to world of warcraft, but I have always been quite a fan of auction houses etc, so i got myself the auctioneer addon for turtlewow. Now i have noticed that auctioneer takes quite a lot of time to scan the auction house on this server (its about 2 hours for me).
I have thought about it, looked into alternatives that would make it faster(or would have a background checking system, didnt find any compatible with private servers), but the thing that actually makes it slow is the cooldown on how fast u can switch the panels.

Now comming to a possible soulution: (this is just a theory i have to test it soon)

Theoretically, you are able to have 2 wow clients open at the same time.

I also assume that the auctioneer addon uses one singular file for storing the auctionhouse data, if not you could theoretically set it up to do so?

This means that you could run the auctioneer scan on the other client while exploring doing quests etc. on the other client (your main account) and as soon as the scan is finished it will update your files.(if not and it still uses one file) you could just run a quick scan of like mabye the containers tab, and this should then theoretically update your auctionhouse data on the items.

This would equal 2 hours saved for me happy_turtle_head

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Re: Auctioneer Background Scan (theory)

Post by Xudo » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:56 am

You normally don't need to scan whole auction.
Install Aux and scan only for items you want to post.
If you want to get disenchant price data, then scan for "dust", "essence" and "shard". It will also scan some similar items, but will be fast enough.
If you want to gamble on prices, then you'd better to focus on specific lots. So scan only for them.
If you need gear, use auction filters.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Dragonro0t

Post by Dragonro0t » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:30 am

Xudo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:56 am
You normally don't need to scan whole auction.
Install Aux and scan only for items you want to post.
If you want to get disenchant price data, then scan for "dust", "essence" and "shard". It will also scan some similar items, but will be fast enough.
If you want to gamble on prices, then you'd better to focus on specific lots. So scan only for them.
If you need gear, use auction filters.
Oh thats actually quite a usefull feature

Ander9

Post by Ander9 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:23 am

AH addons not working