New to Turtle

Jrnicho1

New to Turtle

Post by Jrnicho1 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:43 pm

Good Morning,

I was considering playing here but had a few questions first. Is it cross faction? Do shadow priests play well or should I roll something else like a lock/warrior?

Thanks in advance,

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Re: New to Turtle

Post by Sylveria » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:36 pm

The PvE-Realm Nordanaar has crossfaction, yes.
Can't Tell you much about the shadowpriest though. But since much has been changed Here anyway (and will Change in the Future) the Overall sentiment of the Community is: Play what you'd Like to Play. :)

Tanasa

Post by Tanasa » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:56 pm

Shadow Priest got the 3rd (?) most buffs out of anybody to my understanding so it's better than vanilla. The 1.16 patch notes can help you out there. And it's one of the coolest fuckin classes for flavor in lore so you have my endorsement there.

Nobody here is out to give you a hard time, do what you want and worry about endgame when you get there. So far my experience (cresting 50) is that the community makes room for you the player first, the class second.

Imonobor
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Imonobor » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:56 pm

If you DON'T want crossfaction, or want more PVP action, you'll want to join Tel'Abim. It's a bit low pop, but that's part of the charm.

About classes and specs, play whatever you like. Everything is more or less viable (even things that were complete memes in vanilla like shaman tank). The talent calculator can help you choose and see what changes there are to the specs. - https://talents.turtle-wow.org/

There is also dualspec (even triplespec), so don't feel like you're locked into one spec only.

Also, welcome to turtle, I hope you enjoy your stay! turtle_in_love_head
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Dingoman

Post by Dingoman » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:48 am

Roll a gigachad troll hunter - the best class/race combo in my humblest (correct) opinion.

And yea, welcome to the pack!!!!

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:53 pm

I have a lot of fun on my Spriest, who's 34 at the moment. Feels very strong in solo content as you're essentially immortal when handling one on one fights. Group play is also very fun. My dps personally has been pretty middling, but the off heals, buffs and emergency bubbles as well as other utilities makes bringing an spriest along very rewarding.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Terulion

Post by Terulion » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:41 am

Jumping in this thread since I also consider starting playing here as a feral druid. Have one question. Since I am not really interested in crossfaction just how hard would it be to level on Tel'Abim, ie finding groups for low lvl dungeons and elite quests?

Imonobor
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Imonobor » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:53 am

Terulion wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:41 am
Jumping in this thread since I also consider starting playing here as a feral druid. Have one question. Since I am not really interested in crossfaction just how hard would it be to level on Tel'Abim, ie finding groups for low lvl dungeons and elite quests?
The LFT does sometimes pop, but I wouldn't depend on it. If you want to run a dungeon, your best bet is to organize it yourself - whisper people of your level from the /who list, join a guild and ask people for help, etc. At endgame close to 60 it is easier to find people.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Akos1896
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Akos1896 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:00 am

PVE server has cross faction.
Spriest... I never played one but seen a lot of them.
They were buffed pretty decently, they are not a 1of raid utility slots to serve warlocks anymore.
Main gameplay is passive healing and (some) mana regen to party while dealing (single target) damage. They even have a heal in shadow form I think.
For the bad part: high threat, specally at dungeons mobs can run towards you a bit too often if you don't glue your eyes to the threat meter. Also, not bad but not outstanding damage. Every time I saw a spriest in raid, he was a bit behind with DPS but added a decent value to HPS by passive-healing its party. Def a fun choice.