Why alliance lock is the least played class? TelAbim

Ataika

Why alliance lock is the least played class? TelAbim

Post by Ataika » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:09 am

Topic

I've seen alliance locks (humans not even gnomes) destroying horde on other servers, so why this class is least played on this server alli side when class itself is op ?

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Re: Why alliance lock is the least played class? TelAbim

Post by Xudo » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:15 am

Because of racial Will of the Forsaken on large portion of PvP players in horde.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:53 am

Xudo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:15 am
Because of racial Will of the Forsaken on large portion of PvP players in horde.
Is fear so cruical for locks to be least played only because of wotf ?

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:01 am

Why PvE as a lock when you can PvE as a mage

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:27 am

I play alliance priest and there's nothing worse than doing a big psychic scream and then seeing like all five guys you feared instantly get out of it either from will of the forsaken or berserking or whatever.

There's way too many ways to get out of fear, even druids can just magically get out of it now.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:12 pm

Blackduck wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:27 am
I play alliance priest and there's nothing worse than doing a big psychic scream and then seeing like all five guys you feared instantly get out of it either from will of the forsaken or berserking or whatever.

There's way too many ways to get out of fear, even druids can just magically get out of it now.
well yeah priest fear is 30 sec cooldown
but lock can refear after immunity ?

Veeco

Post by Veeco » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:49 pm

This is one of the nuances of classic wow era. Racial traits are just so incredibly powerful. If you choose the wrong race/class combination you are just doing it wrong, you are deliberately being a worse version of yourself, especially in the era of the min/maxer.

Any hardcore PVPer will go undead if they can for will of the forsaken.
PVE warriors go human or orc
PVE priest go dwarf
PVE warlocks and mages go gnome or troll(mage)
etc etc etc

This is how it will always be which is why eventually blizzard made racial traits negligible.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:46 pm

Blackduck wrote:

Its the deep feral talent beserk. its a 6min cd and doesn't provide any immunity like wotf. Just a break.

Marty1980

Post by Marty1980 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:07 am

I am human lock and i will see you all in pvp :P.

Even if horde have the best racial for warlock , alliance lock is better.
Only priest can dispel dot on horde side....

When i was UD Lock , none of my spell were staying for long , paly keep dispelling them

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:35 am

I usually play warlock. This time I refused it, because in wow classic the pvp trinket does not remove the stun. Critical hits are stronger than DoTs, so sl warlock is not very good at pvp on bgs. Survival is not enough while DoTs are doing their job. If the developers had made a pvp trinket as a BC and added a 1% reduction in critical hit to each item for pvp, then this was what was needed. It remains only to play destruction, but why, when there is a mage and he has no problems with stun...

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:42 am

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:46 pm
Blackduck wrote:

Its the deep feral talent beserk. its a 6min cd and doesn't provide any immunity like wotf. Just a break.
every feral druid has it, 90% of the druids in battlegrounds are feral.

Grayhammer

Post by Grayhammer » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:29 am

Ataika wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:53 am
Xudo wrote:
CC is the defining factor of the Warlock class. In Turtle WoW there are plenty of ways of breaking out of CC for horde players. Warlocks specifically require CC (Succubus, Fear, Death Coil, Howl of Terror) so they can DoT you up, reposition or have allies' intercept. The utility of the Warlock in PVP is great, however with how things are, CC breaking just makes Alliance WL not viable.
It's Cathlanna!

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:00 am

the destruction talent tree could use some improvements like they did with arcane for mages

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:23 am

Ataika wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:09 am
Topic

I've seen alliance locks (humans not even gnomes) destroying horde on other servers, so why this class is least played on this server alli side when class itself is op ?
in vanilla Warlock alliance is penalized vs horde players who play undead. Will of the forsaken is basically a racial trinket vs locks seductions and fears.
Is it impossible to human locks to defeat horde undeads? absolutely not. Depends, as always, in the pvp skill of the individual.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:18 pm

Give humans 30% silence resist and it will be balanced imo. Name it Human Willpower or something.

Not anywhere near as good as orcs' stun resist, but humans have other racials as well.

Idontcareatall

Post by Idontcareatall » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:55 pm

Ataika wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:53 am
Xudo wrote:
Actually, yes.

Not that WotF will be always available all the time, but it will be available enough times that it makes priest/warlock a far shittier experience to play on Alliance side, than it is on Horde.

That's not even close.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:26 pm

The racial passive of the undead removes not only fear but also sedact of sucubbus, leaving only 2 minute control from deth coil.
When I was dueling as a horde, the ones that caused the most problems were undead rogues and feral druids with their burst damage.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:23 pm

Krotux wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:18 pm
Give humans 30% silence resist and it will be balanced imo. Name it Human Willpower or something.

Not anywhere near as good as orcs' stun resist, but humans have other racials as well.
they got already perception which basically makes everything except sub specced rogues easily spottable. For world pvp and bgs are godsend.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:47 am

Volkyte wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:23 pm
Krotux wrote:

they got already perception which basically makes everything except sub specced rogues easily spottable. For world pvp and bgs are godsend.
it doesn't actually work very well in practice because of ping and what not. If a rogue sprints straight to you he can get a sap or stun off.

Ironically, it's best on a human rogue since you cannot be rushed by the other rogue.

That's why silence resist is good, because its for casters only and humans have nothing good for casters. Orcs also have rage as their active, which is worse, but they get stun resist which is way better.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:27 pm

Krotux wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:47 am
Volkyte wrote:
Krotux wrote:

it doesn't actually work very well in practice because of ping and what not. If a rogue sprints straight to you he can get a sap or stun off.

Ironically, it's best on a human rogue since you cannot be rushed by the other rogue.

That's why silence resist is good, because its for casters only and humans have nothing good for casters. Orcs also have rage as their active, which is worse, but they get stun resist which is way better.
I disagree on silence resist. Many classes (disci priest unbreakable will, paladin improved concentration aura and so on) would make human basically unsilenceable. Breaking even more game balance.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 pm

Volkyte wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:27 pm
Krotux wrote:
Volkyte wrote:

I disagree on silence resist. Many classes (disci priest unbreakable will, paladin improved concentration aura and so on) would make human basically unsilenceable. Breaking even more game balance.

Then get rid of will of the forsaken and orc stun resist

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:20 pm

Krotux wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 pm
Volkyte wrote:
Krotux wrote:

yes and buff more palas and druids,
actually delete whole horde faction... only sweet lil allies in game ...

haha u funny turtle_tongue_head

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:31 am

Majestik51 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:20 pm
Krotux wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 pm
Volkyte wrote:

yes and buff more palas and druids,
actually delete whole horde faction... only sweet lil allies in game ...

haha u funny turtle_tongue_head
lol everyone knows those two racials are actually OP, it's not even a discussion