Positive suggestions for Tel’abim

Bonifangith11

Positive suggestions for Tel’abim

Post by Bonifangith11 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:08 pm

Hello! I havent really posted much on the forums but i do read them, i see lots of people are unhappy with the current state of the server. Before i get into the thread topic however I wanted to say that I was completely new to Turtle WoW and Tel’abim was my server of choice. I like all the features and little enhancements that have accumulated, and its been a fresh experience for me and my friends.

This being the case I’d prefer not to reroll on Nordanaar.

While I think things are actually not that bad I think there is room for more pvp features for the server, but they’ll only be good if they remain exclusive to Tel’Abim.

As well as other content.

I was made aware very early on that Guild chapter houses were a thing back when Turtle started and had low numbers. I was told from some veteran players that they cancelled them due to higher pop. With this being the case I think you should bring them back as a server exclusive feature for the interim for those people who want to play on Tel, but i think they can be used for so much more.

They could be a big part of pvp and objectives in the various provinces of warcraft, and with the server taking much more serious stock in staying true to the rts games i think youll appreciate my proposed idea.

I have seen talk of mines and other towers etc being new world pvp objectives; that is nice but what about instead direct faction “sponsorship” as well? There are so many factions and clans of orcs that could be guild sponsors, imagine having your own fiefdom of npcs with Dalaran backing you up? And perhaps other skirmishes and war parties , all at the finger tips of guilds and special rewards related to these objectives.

All of that sort of stuff could come later, ofcourse but i think allowing those guilds that do exist now to make chapter houses and working with them would be a great step forward immediately. Even roll it out in phases and make that the “peace phase” I would also imagine it would attract more of those interested in RP as well especially if there was an opportunity later to be sponsored by something like the Scarlet Crusade.

It is my sincerest wish that we can have a good impact for the server herein. Its only 3 months old afterall. smiling_turtle

Deeno
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Positive suggestions for Tel’abim

Post by Deeno » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:09 pm

New role for the guild houses on TelAbim? Sounds awesome. +1

mines/towers/sponsorship... ? I think the devs dont want to end up with 2 diverging codebase, so while they sound fun, i dont think its a viable option in reality. The real question is how much difference they tolerate.

I think community events with gm help (they spawn in npcs, teleport etc) would be a good placeholder until the devs answer that question in some form.

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:05 pm

Great idea!!

Would be awesome to fight for these guildhouses and maybe get some bonuses for craftings there or so..

Anything that makes the world more alive!

Zokk

Post by Zokk » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:31 pm

Nice post, i think they could do loads of stuff, for example bring out a slighty superior pvp set from the current R7-13 stuff.
THe R7-10 stuff in particular is weak and already almost redundant from PVE content. This needs addressing!
Adding the resilience stat would be great to prevent the pve neckbeards coming in and trouncing.

They should also buff SGV, people still dont play it, its actually a pretty good BG, they should double its honour or release gear specific stuff for it,

Bonifangith11

Post by Bonifangith11 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:37 pm

I get what youre saying about it probably being too much. My thought of it stems from how WC2 had named factions for every clan/nation for every colour and the fact we got stuff like Dalaran and Theramore rep available.

I could also see it as a new source of pvp oriented questing for zones that you have deployed your sponsors forces. Maybe it could award a small amount of honour for killing the opposite factions forces, or vice versa you can defend the area and gain honour that way.

I just am trying to think of ways to integrate stuff thats already there, Low level pvp is also something that feels lacking but I think this could initiate it more often as more zones gain contestable points.

As far as the tolerance of different features, the main server has war mode and hard core, and whatever else goes with that already. Maybe distinctions could be better this way, instead of the distinction being a lack of features

Mahga

Post by Mahga » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:50 pm

Maybe have pvp be a viable way of leveling ?
And you get gear or exp boosters like tents that can be bought with HKs and honor, or something a bit more specific to avoid AFK farming in BG ?

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:26 pm

Mahga wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:50 pm
Maybe make "get xy honorable kills outside of a BG" a repeatable quest.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:44 am

Mahga wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:50 pm
This.
The fact that you need to spend 3 months killing mobs to reach the point where all people are doing PvP is super wrong situation in WoW.
Exxagerated example: you need less than 1 minute in DotA to engage other player in PvP.

Fine, you probably don't need 3 months to reach first contested zone. But what will you find there? Other people are doing their own quests. Horde and alliance don't intersects with eachother. Even when hordies are tasked to henocide humans, I don't see any alliance players questing in Hillsbrad Fields and Mines.

It should be easier to engage in PvP during leveling. PvP itself should be a way to level your character.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:19 am

Just make HK's give XP, based on level difference between the players.
(This could also be implemented for warmode on nordanaar instead of the current xp boost)
BGs could also give XP at the end depending on each player's contribution.

We need some incentive for low level players to queue for battlegrounds, I've been queueing since level 15 and it hasn't popped once, and I'm 40 now.
Maybe some daily quests for each battleground with goodie caches for each bracket would help? In particular gold rewards could be attractive, since making gold while leveling with the server's small econony can be hard, and training and mounts are expensive.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:36 am

Imonobor wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:19 am
We need some incentive for low level players to queue for battlegrounds, I've been queueing since level 15 and it hasn't popped once, and I'm 40 now.
Maybe some daily quests for each battleground with goodie caches for each bracket would help? In particular gold rewards could be attractive, since making gold while leveling with the server's small econony can be hard, and training and mounts are expensive.
There is repeatable quest which can be done often than once in a day to obtain box with pretty good green item for the bracket. It is not about rewards.
I think one of the reasons are twinks or risk to see twink on battleground. Regular leveler can do nothing against other character in BiS blues enchanted like he is going to raid naxx.
While it is very easy to get BiS gear because almost all come from quests. It is hard to compete against twink.
High level enchants on low level charactes should be nerfed, Runecloth bandages should not be allowed on low levels.
Have fun not only at 60.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:55 am

Xudo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:36 am
Imonobor wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:19 am
There is repeatable quest which can be done often than once in a day to obtain box with pretty good green item for the bracket. It is not about rewards.
I think one of the reasons are twinks or risk to see twink on battleground. Regular leveler can do nothing against other character in BiS blues enchanted like he is going to raid naxx.
While it is very easy to get BiS gear because almost all come from quests. It is hard to compete against twink.
High level enchants on low level charactes should be nerfed, Runecloth bandages should not be allowed on low levels.
I completely agree with those things, but all they will do is make the gap between normal leveler and twink smaller. Even restricted to enchants and consumables up to level 35, they are still minmaxed and normal players have little chance against them.

There is a simpler solution - with HK's and BG's giving XP, just disallow people with locked XP from queueing for battlegrounds, or put them in their own bracket. Sure, that doesn't stop twinks from unlocking their xp, but they are going to level up eventually from HK's. Also kick anyone who locks their XP after entering a BG (with a warning of course).

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:24 am

One more thing. Low level bracket should be split more.
Difference between 30 and 39 is not that huge as between 10 and 19. Access to dungeons is main difference. RFC is advised from lvl 16, WC, DM is from lvl 18.
A lot of important class spells are opened at 16: disarm and dispell first come to my mind.
So initial brackets should be like 10-15 and 16-19 instead of current 10-19.
Have fun not only at 60.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:29 am

Xudo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:24 am
One more thing. Low level bracket should be split more.
Difference between 30 and 39 is not that huge as between 10 and 19. Access to dungeons is main difference. RFC is advised from lvl 16, WC, DM is from lvl 18.
A lot of important class spells are opened at 16: disarm and dispell first come to my mind.
So initial brackets should be like 10-15 and 16-19 instead of current 10-19.
Then they would pop even less than they do now... All the other brackets are dead apart from 10-19... And 30-39 here and there.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:36 am

Grizb37 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:29 am
Then they would pop even less than they do now... All the other brackets are dead apart from 10-19... And 30-39 here and there.
I think it is wrong attitude to assume that higher amount of people will lead to higher chance to proc battleground.
It is not about of people with matching level. It is about of people willing to fight there.
Nordnaar had hundreds of levelers, but battlegrounds happened less often than dungeons.
Every rational man knows that playing as lvl 10 against lvl 19 will not be successful. But fighting as lvl 10 against lvl 14 is somewhat viable.
So narrowing brackets will decrease amount of matching people, but increase amount of people willing to fight. So it will lead to more procs.
Anyway, amount of procs won't be less than current 0.
Have fun not only at 60.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:51 am

Turtle team probably don't want players to level only on WSG. They build great world and want to populate it.
But what about daily quest granting experience and reputation with warsong/blood ring? It will encourage people to join fights, but in the same time will not be total replacement of regular leveling and questing.
Have fun not only at 60.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:47 am

Adding experience to HK's and Battlegrounds will not suddenly make them a better or faster way to level than quests or even dungeons. What it WILL do is give another incentive for people to queue for them without feeling like they are wasting their time and not making progress on their leveling journey. People can already just queue for dungeons and level that way without doing a single quest in the open world. Is it faster or better? No. So people don't do it.

We just need to give a good reason for people to queue for Battlegrounds, the rest will take care of itself. Even at low population numbers, people are queueing for dungeons and they pop, because dungeons give loot and experience. The same should be true for battlegrounds.

Making a 10-14 bracket could be an interesting experiment, but I don't think many people would be into PvP at that level anyway. As you mentioned, core class spells are missing at that point and people aren't even in full greens. All it would take is for someone to make a 14 twink with enchants to kill this bracket.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:18 am

just make low level BGs a thing and there u have an instant population increase.

also the Sunnyglade BG could be promoted better...

or another top suggestion: viewtopic.php?p=40492&hilit=dota#p40492
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Veeco

Post by Veeco » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:13 pm

So what you are saying is you want this small development team that already has large lead times between major content updates to then create MORE special content for a special server that has less than 20% (15% maybe?) of the total twow population in attempts to save a dead server that has been dead a week after it launched that no one wanted but was made anyways?

sounds good. dead_turtle_head

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:33 pm

Veeco wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:13 pm
So what you are saying is you want this small development team that already has large lead times between major content updates to then create MORE special content for a special server that has less than 20% (15% maybe?) of the total twow population in attempts to save a dead server that has been dead a week after it launched that no one wanted but was made anyways?

Yeah, let's just let it die, is that your solution? Very helpful to the discussion.
If you look at the population charts, Nordanaar had 50-100 people per faction for years before the population exploded. Did the devs abandon it "cuz it was dead"? In fact it was 4-5 times dead-er than Tel'Abim is now. And we do need a second realm, because Nordanaar is borderline unplayable due to overpopulation. So instead of crying "dad server", give ideas how to fix its issues to lure more people in, or just don't post unhelpful negative posts.

Also this development time will not be exclusive to Tel'abim, anything that can be used for nordanaar will presumably be ported.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:56 pm

Veeco wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:13 pm

I suggest making it another RP-PvE, doesn't makes sense keep wasting resources in a dead server.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:58 pm

stop feeding the trolls guys!

leave pvp server alone if u dont got something positive to give....

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:57 pm

I can't agree that turtle devs made PvP server just because people cried for it. People cry all the time about different things. Not every suggestion gets implemented. PvP was not popular even before.

Turtle devs made PvP server because they wanted to make one.
It already has advantages over PvE server:
- You can fight for open world resources (against botters and afk-farmers).
- You can get revenge on the people who attacked you in open world.
When it gets fully progressed, then more people could join just because of those advantages.

But the very design of WoW PvP is flawed. I didn't invent something new here. All my suggestions in this thread was thought for about year ago, when PvP server was not even announced. They can be implemented both on PvE and PvP server. Everyone will benefit from them.
Have fun not only at 60.

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:47 pm

If you made BG spam a viable leveling strategy and source of end game gear, then this server would actually have population.

I was optimistic on launch that they didn’t need to make drastic changes. Players would come. And they did! Then they left for sod/other games.

If you want to save this server now you do in fact need drastic actions. Make pvp the main course. Make gear drop from every BG. Make gear drop from ever rep tier from every pvp faction.

Make it fun, and make it about pvp **first**

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:49 pm

Also, make a 5 man BG for leveling that only requires 3 per side so it actually pops.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:02 pm

Making all auction houses cross faction couldn't hurt with the low pop. It never made sense to me that they werent xfaction to begin with since the factions arent technically at war during vanilla and business is business ya know.

Snot

Post by Snot » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:59 am

As to the original posters point about optional objectives for guild houses. What if each house had a flag either alliance or horde and like in WSG the flag could be taken by the opposing faction.

An idea came to mind. Either a 2 minute time duration to actually steal said flag, upon which the start of such thievery sends a guild wide alert to the guild chat of the guild it is being taken from.
As the old guild house portal spell was pretty instant this allows enough time to organise a mass portal of all defending guild members who then fight for the flag.

If the attacking faction manage to get the flag out without being stopped and back their own house to cap it then points are awarded. And likewise if it successfully defended then as in WSG it reappears in its rightful place and again the defenders are awarded the points.

If the flag manages to leave the outside grounds of the guild house then it is tracked as an icon on the world map that the guild can see.

Also in addition to all this if the attackers get away with the flag they can be attacked by any of the opposing faction who can attempt to return the flag as per WSG. In doing so they will be awarded the return points that are then credited to their guild.

There is a guild rank system. Ranks are attained at different levels. Points accrued can be spent on guild house furniture, decorations, emblems, meeting tables, large camping fires with mass seating areas and so on.

Accumulation of each guilds "War Points" can be viewed somewhere?

Surely a lot of the code is already available as WSG contains it. Just an idea.

As a side note. I have been playing Vanilla since 2004 when it wasn't all about min/maxing every last pixel stretched across my screen. I was an original GL and proud rank 12 but we only got as far as Ahn'Qiraj.

On the other hand I quit Classic "vanilla" within 3 months since I felt like I was returning from work and going back to work when I got home.
Between streamers, hype, fake legacy players and the re-monetization (all the fake guru's and OG's of wow that are in it for the money) of a 15 year old game I quit it for good.

The "Classic" wow of today is not the "Vanilla" wow of 2004 no matter how much they try to sell you on the idea.

So I came here to Turtle and when I started the server had a mere 500 or so players most of the time. But they grew.
And Tel'abim now has 500 on the weekends and 300-400 midweek peak times, and between 250-300 off peak (the time I mostly play).

So I say don't listen to negativity or take much stock from wow fanboys who were still in junior school while you were busy driving your Arcanite Reaper into someone's head. /grin
As in the movie 300, be patient, in our older age I'm sure that's a virtue we can all draw on. Stand firm and stay the course, for only the brave will be left; only the strong will survive; only the few will remain.

Mark my words however numbers will rise over time and I'm sure Blizzard will find a way to screw things up like they always do with SOD; and hey even if they don't it doesn't matter.

Tel'abim is now home for me and since this is a RP-PVP server I for one expect us to all get stuck in and PVP out in the world whenever we get the chance. So let's build this budding community what little we have and all get to know our enemies by their names and let their reputations go before them. /nod

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:32 am

Snot wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:59 am
As to the original posters point about optional objectives for guild houses. What if each house had a flag either alliance or horde and like in WSG the flag could be taken by the opposing faction.

An idea came to mind. Either a 2 minute time duration to actually steal said flag, upon which the start of such thievery sends a guild wide alert to the guild chat of the guild it is being taken from.
As the old guild house portal spell was pretty instant this allows enough time to organise a mass portal of all defending guild members who then fight for the flag.

If the attacking faction manage to get the flag out without being stopped and back their own house to cap it then points are awarded. And likewise if it successfully defended then as in WSG it reappears in its rightful place and again the defenders are awarded the points.

If the flag manages to leave the outside grounds of the guild house then it is tracked as an icon on the world map that the guild can see.

Also in addition to all this if the attackers get away with the flag they can be attacked by any of the opposing faction who can attempt to return the flag as per WSG. In doing so they will be awarded the return points that are then credited to their guild.

There is a guild rank system. Ranks are attained at different levels. Points accrued can be spent on guild house furniture, decorations, emblems, meeting tables, large camping fires with mass seating areas and so on.

Accumulation of each guilds "War Points" can be viewed somewhere?

Surely a lot of the code is already available as WSG contains it. Just an idea.

As a side note. I have been playing Vanilla since 2004 when it wasn't all about min/maxing every last pixel stretched across my screen. I was an original GL and proud rank 12 but we only got as far as Ahn'Qiraj.

On the other hand I quit Classic "vanilla" within 3 months since I felt like I was returning from work and going back to work when I got home.
Between streamers, hype, fake legacy players and the re-monetization (all the fake guru's and OG's of wow that are in it for the money) of a 15 year old game I quit it for good.

The "Classic" wow of today is not the "Vanilla" wow of 2004 no matter how much they try to sell you on the idea.

So I came here to Turtle and when I started the server had a mere 500 or so players most of the time. But they grew.
And Tel'abim now has 500 on the weekends and 300-400 midweek peak times, and between 250-300 off peak (the time I mostly play).

So I say don't listen to negativity or take much stock from wow fanboys who were still in junior school while you were busy driving your Arcanite Reaper into someone's head. /grin
As in the movie 300, be patient, in our older age I'm sure that's a virtue we can all draw on. Stand firm and stay the course, for only the brave will be left; only the strong will survive; only the few will remain.

Mark my words however numbers will rise over time and I'm sure Blizzard will find a way to screw things up like they always do with SOD; and hey even if they don't it doesn't matter.

Tel'abim is now home for me and since this is a RP-PVP server I for one expect us to all get stuck in and PVP out in the world whenever we get the chance. So let's build this budding community what little we have and all get to know our enemies by their names and let their reputations go before them. /nod
thats a very cool suggestion bro!
like a wpvp event! very nice good job!

thank u! satisfied_turtle_head

something like this