ENOUGH with the afk semi bot node campers!!!!!!

Sark21

ENOUGH with the afk semi bot node campers!!!!!!

Post by Sark21 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:51 pm

I'm beyond sick of seeing these afk "semi bot" node camping characters its a legit plague they are everywhere EPL, WPL, Wintersprings, silithus, ungoro, Felwood any place with high end herbs or RTV. I've worn out my report button for the past week i've been trying to get 2-3 weeks of consumes and wherever i go these things are there. All i get from GMs is "thank you have a magical day" or these specific people are not bots because they get sick of seeing my spam report every lap I make around a zone for hours.

You cant tell me with a straight face these characters are not semi bots they sit in the same coords facing the same way, out of the patrol range of NPCS, INSTANTLY move when a node spawns pick it returning to the same coord facing the same way for 20+ hours EVERYDAY. Just because it has some MC gear on it doesn't mean they arent using botting programs to farm then give you a couple jumps like "haha see im a player". One character Daiwang has given me EMOTIONAL daaaaamage from how obvious of a "semi bot" it is. It sits in the Noxious Glade for 17-20 hours a day for the past week keyboard turning and from what i gathered from my complaining in gen chat its been at it for MONTHS.

Listen you've ended mage instance farming only geared pallies with a healer alt can do them, I'm following these asinine rules and farming outside in the world where herbs are the only gold maker. I'm requesting an update to turtle policies to address the node camping bots because honestly if its going to be allowed why wouldn't regular players just do the same thing to be able to afford these bat $hit crazy consume prices.

Bigsmerf

Re: ENOUGH with the afk semi bot node campers!!!!!!

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:26 pm

I'm not sure where the claim of instance farming being dead comes from. Shit, I've been doing lashers as a feral druid, dying only to elite packs I pull on accident.

No input other than that.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Snoodydood

Post by Snoodydood » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:31 pm

It's absolutely ridiculous, and I know that mage you are talking about. he sits in the exact same spot 24/7 and only moves when herbs spawn around him, you can't tell me he is not botting.
I don't know why they don't just update the TOS to ban these kinds of players when they are hurting everyone else trying to play the game. They say they ban so may gold sellers and have the server spam the message every hour about RMT, but why don't they do anything about THESE payers whoa re actively harming the server??
Last edited by Snoodydood on Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:34 pm

nop, dont think they are bots.
The "SEA" players (think is the currect name these days), LOVE so much turtle wow they play "20+ hours EVERYDAY." in same node waiting for the rspwn :)

hehe i real believe these SEA ppl (...wang) are there in front of the screen waiting for the spawn, probably controling more than 4 or 5 toons ;p

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:18 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:26 pm
I'm not sure where the claim of instance farming being dead comes from. Shit, I've been doing lashers as a feral druid, dying only to elite packs I pull on accident.

Lasher farm on the chopping block confirmed by akalix on vrograg's stream so enjoy that inflation increasing farm while you can.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:13 pm

Sark21 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:18 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:

Lasher farm on the chopping block confirmed by akalix on vrograg's stream so enjoy that inflation increasing farm while you can.
Really? Sounds neat. Can't wait to have one of my few gold farming methods nerfed to the ground.

Good job turtle team!
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:10 pm

Remove all gold generated by lasher farm while you're at it. Economy inflated too much

Fischminister

Post by Fischminister » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:14 pm

Tendies wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:10 pm
Remove all gold generated by lasher farm while you're at it. Economy inflated too much
Add more herbs and its fine

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:41 am

Fischminister wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:14 pm
Tendies wrote:
they tried that once prices have only increased now that afk bot node campers are picking more.

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:42 am

Bigsmerf wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:13 pm
Sark21 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:18 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:

Really? Sounds neat. Can't wait to have one of my few gold farming methods nerfed to the ground.

Good job turtle team!
Almost like they dont want you to make enough gold to do anything on turtle lol. My end line is when flasks reach 150g then im out. currently at 105-110g

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:10 am

I just ran through hyjal each node (besides golden sansm) on turtle database has a node camper on it or around it... unreal.

Snoodydood

Post by Snoodydood » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:53 pm

Something needs to be done about it, but then again i've been saying that on the forums for months and it's obvious they don't care too much about it as an issue despite everyone but the campers having themselves a problem with it. Just update the rules to ban this behavior

Biteyou
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Biteyou » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:52 pm

There's nothing malicious about camping a node or set of nodes if you aren't botting, that's just luck of the draw.

Far as herding goes though, I haven't had any problem with node campers or bots. I just run around the zone until I catch the spawns. Not entirely sure where you're herbing where you encounter this but it hasn't been my experience. What has been my experience is people putting herbs on the AH for 200% of their value a few months ago. I'm sure the actual economic issue is multifaceted and more than what everyone says it is, which is why it's so hard to combat it without royally screwing your server up. Could be bots, RMT, "sea players", demand for consumes, people playing the AH, people generating gold from lasher runs (this is probably less the issue since lashers have been out since the beginning of the server, including when every Chinese gold farming group would sit there all day long).

People want to deduce it down to one or two things and it's just so far from the truth. They don't know what they're talking about.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:03 pm

So are Sea transfers just never happening? Will the pop just slowly keep falling until it is a sea server in all but name?

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:40 pm

Biteyou wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:52 pm
There's nothing malicious about camping a node or set of nodes if you aren't botting, that's just luck of the draw.

Far as herding goes though, I haven't had any problem with node campers or bots. I just run around the zone until I catch the spawns. Not entirely sure where you're herbing where you encounter this but it hasn't been my experience. What has been my experience is people putting herbs on the AH for 200% of their value a few months ago. I'm sure the actual economic issue is multifaceted and more than what everyone says it is, which is why it's so hard to combat it without royally screwing your server up. Could be bots, RMT, "sea players", demand for consumes, people playing the AH, people generating gold from lasher runs (this is probably less the issue since lashers have been out since the beginning of the server, including when every Chinese gold farming group would sit there all day long).

People want to deduce it down to one or two things and it's just so far from the truth. They don't know what they're talking about.
People like you are the cause of the problem its not "luck of the draw" every 1-4min your guaranteed a herb/mining node as they spawn quicker and have more spawn points in turtle. Sitting in a safe spot away from pats for 17+ hours a day having audio alerts when a node spawns and you run to it is a bot don't care what you say. This server had a hard on for mages "safe spot farming" ZG, when it was proven that was not how the farm was conducted btw, and they took it away anyway but leave these people safe spot afk farming nodes. Daiwang and the person alt tabbed with god knows how many other accounts doing the same thing has been in the same spot for 2 months in EPL accumulating idk how many herbs a day.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:48 pm

Well devs cant ban them because it might be some deep nerd camping 24/7.
Prolly have to monitor the reaction time. We have an army of game masters, they could do the work
I mean they teleport me across the shore 24/7 thinking iam a bot, they can do the same test for campers.

Biteyou

Post by Biteyou » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:39 pm

Sark21 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:40 pm
Biteyou wrote:

People like you are the cause of the problem its not "luck of the draw" every 1-4min your guaranteed a herb/mining node as they spawn quicker and have more spawn points in turtle. Sitting in a safe spot away from pats for 17+ hours a day having audio alerts when a node spawns and you run to it is a bot don't care what you say. This server had a hard on for mages "safe spot farming" ZG, when it was proven that was not how the farm was conducted btw, and they took it away anyway but leave these people safe spot afk farming nodes. Daiwang and the person alt tabbed with god knows how many other accounts doing the same thing has been in the same spot for 2 months in EPL accumulating idk how many herbs a day.
Who said anything about audio alerts? You're off your rocker man. You can literally sit there and play another game or watch TV as you occasionally check to see if there are nodes up on your screen. This is a you problem. If they are botting, only then is it a them problem and they should be banned for it.

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:22 pm

Too bad you cant …you know… pvp and kill them 😅
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Bogyone

Post by Bogyone » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:23 pm

Biteyou wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:39 pm
Sark21 wrote:
...Sitting in a safe spot away from pats for 17+ hours a day having audio alerts when a node spawns and you run to it is a bot don't care what you say...
Who said anything about audio alerts? You're off your rocker man. You can literally sit there and play another game or watch TV as you occasionally check to see if there are nodes up on your screen. This is a you problem. If they are botting, only then is it a them problem and they should be banned for it.
Before we realize background fishing will be botting because the audio alerts when the fish bites.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:15 am

Harkus wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:03 pm
So are Sea transfers just never happening? Will the pop just slowly keep falling until it is a sea server in all but name?
Yes. Money talks.

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:12 am

Biteyou wrote:
Sark21 wrote:
Biteyou wrote:

Its a server problem it spans every end game zone and more then likely you are one of these people. Your gonna pretend like you can't write a simple script that will play an audio / visual que when the yellow color appears on the mini map gtfo here. Sitting 17 hours in the same spot in a safe zone out of the path of patrolling npcs supposedly goes against the turtle teams values, that alone should prompt action its damaging players who put effort in running laps around a zone for hours to only get peanuts compared to all the afk node farmers.

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:18 am

Bogyone wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:23 pm
Biteyou wrote:
Sark21 wrote:
...Sitting in a safe spot away from pats for 17+ hours a day having audio alerts when a node spawns and you run to it is a bot don't care what you say...
Before we realize background fishing will be botting because the audio alerts when the fish bites.
Cool. Lets pretend botting doesn't exist and lol /blow off my very valid point. Would hate to disrupt your semi afk farm.

Sheed90

Post by Sheed90 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:42 am

Harkus wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:03 pm
That's my biggest fear for the EU Realm. scared_turtle_head

These days I'm trying not to login until 6 PM (CET). So I don't need to see all these cheaters, glitchers, botters, etc. etc.
It makes me sad and angry at the same time.

Sheed90

Post by Sheed90 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:56 am

Fischminister wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:14 pm
Tendies wrote:
Yes, maybe try to delete worthy grey items from the loot and add all high lvl herbs to the loot table. That'll help alot. (DME Lasher)

Ovaron

Post by Ovaron » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:16 am

Biteyou

Post by Biteyou » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:11 pm

Sark21 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:18 am
Bogyone wrote:
Biteyou wrote:

Cool. Lets pretend botting doesn't exist and lol /blow off my very valid point. Would hate to disrupt your semi afk farm.
Sure ban the botters, you and I do not disagree there. Problem is you have no proof that it is botting, you're claiming the semi-afk people are actually the problem here, and you're just complaining because you aren't good enough to get the herbs yourself. I was beating around the bush for awhile but that's the bottom line. I've done both methods of running around the zone for an hour and sitting next to a set of herbs, both work appreciably at the same efficiency. So this is a you problem, sorry mate. You can't just run around for 15 minutes and expect to get a bunch of nodes, you have to catch the spawns and herb in zones that allow you to avoid highly contested areas where herbs are bunched together. There is a strategy to it beyond just running around the zone like a chicken with its head cut off.

Snoodydood

Post by Snoodydood » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:32 pm

"not sitting in one spot for 20 hours a day is a you problem"

Biteyou

Post by Biteyou » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:57 pm

Snoodydood wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:32 pm
"not sitting in one spot for 20 hours a day is a you problem"
Completely missing the point, but enjoy your internet points.

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:14 pm

Biteyou wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:11 pm
Sark21 wrote:
Bogyone wrote:

Sure ban the botters, you and I do not disagree there. Problem is you have no proof that it is botting, you're claiming the semi-afk people are actually the problem here, and you're just complaining because you aren't good enough to get the herbs yourself. I was beating around the bush for awhile but that's the bottom line. I've done both methods of running around the zone for an hour and sitting next to a set of herbs, both work appreciably at the same efficiency. So this is a you problem, sorry mate. You can't just run around for 15 minutes and expect to get a bunch of nodes, you have to catch the spawns and herb in zones that allow you to avoid highly contested areas where herbs are bunched together. There is a strategy to it beyond just running around the zone like a chicken with its head cut off.
Its very easy to tell whos semi botting when they are marked as afk and only move when the script they are running alerts them visually or audibly that a yellow color as appeared on the minimap.

Sure just make a complete out of your ass assessment on who i am and how long i spend farming. I made this post after getting frustrated for the past month and a half. I spend 3-4 hours monday - friday running in circles and on my one day off a week I dedicate 5 hours running around in EPL, 4 hours running around wintersprings to only get scraps as most nodes have afk farmers around them. There are no avoiding highly contested areas in a zone only sparse nodes dont have a camper on them because there is no safe areas to sit afk for 18 hours.

Your clearly part of the problem how am i suppose to "catch the spawns" when i dont sit afk in one spot for 3/4 day having a general timer for when they will spawn.

Bogyone

Post by Bogyone » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 am

Sark21 wrote:
Bogyone wrote:
Biteyou wrote:

Make a valid point first, not the "I think THAT and I don't care about sanity".

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:46 am

Bogyone wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 am
Sark21 wrote:
Bogyone wrote:

Make a valid point first, not the "I think THAT and I don't care about sanity".
You are able to write a script put it in game to alert you when a node appears on the mini map and it can be a visual or audio alert that will blare making the person who is alt tabbed or have multiple accounts open at once passively afk farming. This same person sits in the same spot for 17 hours a bloody day doing this over and over again that is a semi bot and that is a valid point you dingle berry.

Now your either trolling me or your part of the problem but make no mistake it is a problem.

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:47 pm

You would never have this issue on a server which has pvp activated, which is actually the way the game was designed for and intended to play.

(waiting for pve andies to backlash)

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:15 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:47 pm
You would never have this issue on a server which has pvp activated, which is actually the way the game was designed for and intended to play.

There were pve and rp servers as well as pvp back in 2004 at launch.

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:53 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:15 pm
Frantsel wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:47 pm

There were pve and rp servers as well as pvp back in 2004 at launch.
Never stated anything else. Read again..

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:59 pm

viewtopic.php?t=13010

This issue has been partially addressed and will be addressed further in the future.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!