GDKP, TDKP, and Turtle WoW

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

GDKP, TDKP, and Turtle WoW

Post by Akalix » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:03 pm

Greetings!

Here on Turtle WoW, we have never allowed RMT. With this, we have also forbidden systems such as GDKP. Recently, a number of groups have been forming "TDKP" (tithe-DKP) runs, where players will "donate" items to their group in exchange for gear. This sort of system is not allowed on Turtle WoW, as our rules state:
GDKP raids, where groups auction bind-on-pickup or bind-on-equip items for gold, real money, or similar in-game currencies (including valuable items), may NOT be created, promoted or attended.
We have been investigating these groups, and will be issuing 2 week bans to any participants, with organizers and blatant RMTers receiving permanent bans.

Please be very aware of our rules, as outlined here: https://turtle-wow.org/#/rules
Being unaware is not an excuse to break our Terms of Service. Fair play is non-optional on Turtle WoW.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Bittermens

Re: GDKP, TDKP, and Turtle WoW

Post by Bittermens » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:06 pm

Most people buy golds because most stuff in vanilla is literally broken or expensive
Even back then getting 1000G for mount or 0.5 was a complete pain in the dick

Nerfing the prices to a deadline of 700g with rep discount wouldn't be bad since people also buys gold because of this small issue.

There will be morons that will sperg over "reee it isn't vanilla anymore"? yes but these morons only cares for PVP titles and Fresh, and look at what happened to the pvp server...
And said morons sperged over SoD but are now on GDKP mode and buying gold in wrath classic.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:34 am

Bittermens wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:06 pm
Most people buy golds because most stuff in vanilla is literally broken or expensive
Even back then getting 1000G for mount or 0.5 was a complete pain in the dick

Nerfing the prices to a deadline of 700g with rep discount wouldn't be bad since people also buys gold because of this small issue.

There will be morons that will sperg over "reee it isn't vanilla anymore"? yes but these morons only cares for PVP titles and Fresh, and look at what happened to the pvp server...
And said morons sperged over SoD but are now on GDKP mode and buying gold in wrath classic.
Doesn't matter how far you move the goal posts, people will still be tempted by these methods of making gold.

On a small project like TWoW, I don't think the developers should be concerned with gold buying when designing game features/systems. That is the job of the 'police force' and, evidently, they do a good job at dissuading people and keeping RMT to a minimum.

As it stands, WoW has always lacked gold sinks and the epic mount is one of the biggest ones. If anything, we need more systems in place to drain gold out of the system. That's the real way to combat inflation; not just nerf gold farms.

Also, the 1000g epic mount target is something to slowly work your way towards (if you are a casual player). It fits the whole ethos of TWoW; slow and steady. I think this long term goal is a perfectly healthy one for the average player. What's the rush...?

Birdmanh20

Post by Birdmanh20 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:23 am

I'd rather keep the prices high and Ban both the sellers and buyers.
If it helps to expose them then I see no fault and I'd benefit from the lower prices, as a legit player.
This news is wonderful and I'm proud of the staff for taking action because while not explicit they intentionally did their best to bend the rules and anyone who plays in good faith would have known better.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 17 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:36 am

What's funny is that TDKP seems to be a new loot system invented by Chinese minority (majority) in WoW private servers that have GDKP banned. To be honest, I have never heard about this system until now and looking at all posts about TDKP on this forum I dare to hypothesize that this new system was born on Turtle WoW. Link to the origin proof: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12939. History for future generations.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:02 am

would that explain why blotus and flask prices have skyrocketed in the last few weeks?

Ataika
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Ataika » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:07 am

That explains why online has dropped from 4000 to 3200

Onega11

Post by Onega11 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:38 am

Please continue to not allow GDKP, TDKP's on Trutle WoW.

Thanks

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:39 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:02 am
would that explain why blotus and flask prices have skyrocketed in the last few weeks?
We will find out after 2 weeks. If they really used Black Lotus to trade for raid items, they will sell their Lotuses after their ban fades.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Windyforce1127

Post by Windyforce1127 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:03 am

Akalix wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:03 pm
Greetings!

Here on Turtle WoW, we have never allowed RMT. With this, we have also forbidden systems such as GDKP. Recently, a number of groups have been forming "TDKP" (tithe-DKP) runs, where players will "donate" items to their group in exchange for gear. This sort of system is not allowed on Turtle WoW, as our rules state:
GDKP raids, where groups auction bind-on-pickup or bind-on-equip items for gold, real money, or similar in-game currencies (including valuable items), may NOT be created, promoted or attended.
We have been investigating these groups, and will be issuing 2 week bans to any participants, with organizers and blatant RMTers receiving permanent bans.

Please be very aware of our rules, as outlined here: https://turtle-wow.org/#/rules
Being unaware is not an excuse to break our Terms of Service. Fair play is non-optional on Turtle WoW.
I just want to know where to appeal for being wrongly banned. Can you provide a link to the complaint? unhappy_turtle

Windyforce1127

Post by Windyforce1127 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:06 am

Akalix wrote:
Greetings!

I am just an ordinary player, just fight monsters with other teammates, get equipment with DKP saved by hard work several times, never participate in RMT or TDKP behavior, why would I be banned? I'd like to know how I can appeal. unhappy_turtle

Sheed90

Post by Sheed90 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:17 am

Windyforce1127 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:03 am
I just want to know where to appeal for being wrongly banned. Can you provide a link to the complaint? unhappy_turtle
You exactly know why your‘re or will be banned. Cheating, Bugusing, Glitchusing, don‘t following the rules. Just one of them or maybe all of them.

After that you‘re always spamming the forum. Great. Shittalk as always from you guys.

Windyforce1127

Post by Windyforce1127 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:20 am

Sheed90 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:17 am
Windyforce1127 wrote:
You exactly know why your‘re or will be banned. Cheating, Bugusing, Glitchusing, don‘t following the rules. Just one of them or all maybe all of them.

After that you‘re always spamming the forum. Great. Shittalk as always from you guys.
You know how it feels when you've been treated unfairly one day. I just want to know where to go. I just want to be treated fairly, not racially.

Sheed90

Post by Sheed90 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:31 am

And there we‘re again! We‘re all racists!

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:38 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:02 am
ehm no.. thats because of BWL incomming.

Ctzzzzzzzz

Post by Ctzzzzzzzz » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:42 am

I paid for supplies to the union a few months ago, and the quantity was very small and the value was also very low. I also did not participate in any buying or selling of goods. Now I request to lift the ban on my account.

Windyforce1127

Post by Windyforce1127 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:44 am

Ctzzzzzzzz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:42 am
I paid for supplies to the union a few months ago, and the quantity was very small and the value was also very low. I also did not participate in any buying or selling of goods. Now I request to lift the ban on my account.
I didn't pay for any supplies, just fought the DKP regiment with the union, which was also blocked. There's no place for the face to complain.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:08 pm

Windyforce1127 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:20 am
Sheed90 wrote:
Windyforce1127 wrote:
You exactly know why your‘re or will be banned. Cheating, Bugusing, Glitchusing, don‘t following the rules. Just one of them or all maybe all of them.

You know how it feels when you've been treated unfairly one day. I just want to know where to go. I just want to be treated fairly, not racially.
You can appeal bans on the website after logging in. You can also ask for the reason you were banned there.

Windyforce1127

Post by Windyforce1127 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:19 pm

Xerilin wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:08 pm
Windyforce1127 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:20 am
Sheed90 wrote:

You can appeal bans on the website after logging in. You can also ask for the reason you were banned there.
Thank you for your warning. I have to say it gives me hope.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:55 pm

Turtle wow devs dont false ban, people deserve it. Including myself when I got banned for multi boxing.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:14 pm

This is totally positive announcement.
If this is the real reason why prices on consumables skyrocketed, then it is good.

Though, people interested in RMT still present on the server even if banned. They could just sell stuff for real money, aren't they?

Is it right that tank and healer services in exchange for gold/valuables are allowed?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:39 pm

Xudo wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:14 pm
This is totally positive announcement.
If this is the real reason why prices on consumables skyrocketed, then it is good.

Though, people interested in RMT still present on the server even if banned. They could just sell stuff for real money, aren't they?

Is it right that tank and healer services in exchange for gold/valuables are allowed?
It's not the "real reason". It's just part of it. As I've said, it's multifaceted. As soon as this post went out there was a massive gromsblood buyout by a few na players and it was relisted roughly quadrupled. It's node scarcity, scalpers, and RMT circumventers.... Not necessarily in that order.

And yes you can offer services like tanking for gold.

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:32 am

there is a difference betwenn "tanking for gold" and i'll "buy" an Item in a Raid with a Flask or Arcanite/Black Lotus and other Materials Dru :)
but yeah its part of the Problem and was a Loophole for RMT and GDPK.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:56 pm

Windyforce1127 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:06 am
Akalix wrote:
Greetings!

I am just an ordinary player, just fight monsters with other teammates, get equipment with DKP saved by hard work several times, never participate in RMT or TDKP behavior, why would I be banned? I'd like to know how I can appeal. unhappy_turtle
Lol get rekt for trying to ruin the server with your GDKP shit. You can feign innocence all you like but you know exactly what you did. You are lucky Hanzi still is not banned on the server... races do not exist by the way.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:19 pm

Windyforce1127 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:06 am
Akalix wrote:
Greetings!

The broken english makes it all the more convincing.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:54 pm

I hope the "perfect english" receive the same treatment as a "broken one" ;p. Special when the "perfect" is a buyer :)

Bogyone

Post by Bogyone » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:12 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:34 am
As it stands, WoW has always lacked gold sinks and the epic mount is one of the biggest ones. If anything, we need more systems in place to drain gold out of the system. That's the real way to combat inflation; not just nerf gold farms.
As we cannot compare to retail's two years moving cap and the pserver gold farm will be perpetual we need different solutions. I think we should have tested centralized economy of sorts with vendors sending exotic materials for salty price. Instead of inflation raising prices more and more it'd introduce ceiling and force players to compete with prices and services. It'd also turn gold after certain point irrelevant because if you already got everything and only need to sustain your character, then what do you care for gold.

Zclcxb123

Post by Zclcxb123 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:36 am

Ataika wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:07 am
That explains why online has dropped from 4000 to 3200
now it is 2200

Ataika
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Ataika » Mon May 13, 2024 7:49 am

Zclcxb123 wrote: