Request Alchemy/Herbalism Changes

Axe8305

Request Alchemy/Herbalism Changes

Post by Axe8305 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:44 pm

First of all, I want to thank everyone on the Turtle WoW team for implementing the recent changes regarding higher level herbs in dungeons. That was a very positive and welcome change from the community's perspective. It should go a long way to increasing supply, driving up competition between sellers and ultimately lowering the prices. turtle_in_love_head

I have two additional suggestions in that same line of thinking.

1. Please add alchemy labs to Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Put it behind a small quest wall or just make it so that only level 300 alchemists can make use of the alchemy lab. Flask prices are double what they were 2 months ago. The more people with quick access that does not require a Scholomance or BWL clear the better. It's absurd that the horde and alliance would not immediately steal said technology and bring it back to their major cities. You could even make that the quest to unlock the alchemy lab if you wanted.

2. Please add herbs to Emerald Sanctum. I'm thinking that any raid that can clear Emerald Sanctum deserves a reward, normal and hardmode, and the best reward is to recoup some of the gold it takes to actually clear a hard coded 40 man raid with no flex to it. So you kill the boss and a raid wide emote goes out saying something like "The corruption has been cleansed." Then a mix of high level herbs suddenly flower throughout the cleared raid. A mix of plaguebloom, mountain silversage, ghost mushroom, etc. spawns once the final boss in the raid dies. Now given its large size, I'm thinking 20 to 30 spawns.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Request Alchemy/Herbalism Changes

Post by Zvyrhol » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:16 pm

Things like Alchemy Labs hidden deep inside instances is cool thing that defines vanilla. I love this concept so I'm against your first idea.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Axe8305

Post by Axe8305 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:23 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:16 pm
Things like Alchemy Labs hidden deep inside instances is cool thing that defines vanilla. I love this concept so I'm against your first idea.
I don't see how putting in a quest where an individual character steals an alchemy lab takes away from the "vanilla experience." If anything it's keeping in the spirit of vanilla where professions encourage exploration and new experience.

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:21 pm

Axe8305 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:23 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:
I don't see how putting in a quest where an individual character steals an alchemy lab takes away from the "vanilla experience." If anything it's keeping in the spirit of vanilla where professions encourage exploration and new experience.
Your logic is actually right, Horde and Alliance should steal these alchemy labs if they are powerful. The thing I talk about though is not about lore of the game but rather MMO mechanic. Some items like flasks were designed to be available to craft only in specific place. In fact not only flasks require specific place to craft. Miners can smelt Dark Iron only at Black Forge inside BRD. Tailors can craft Mooncloth at Moonwell. This mechanic adds immersion to the world. In vanilla there was a reason some items have required specific location to be crafted. Simply because flasks, dark iron bars and mooncloth are the most valuable tradegoods. By removing alchemy lab requirement for flasks, you make the game more convenient but also, you break the immersion. Crafting the most powerful consumable in the game shouldn't be so common - this is my opinion.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Axe8305

Post by Axe8305 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:33 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:21 pm
Axe8305 wrote:
Zvyrhol wrote:
Your logic is actually right, Horde and Alliance should steal these alchemy labs if they are powerful. The thing I talk about though is not about lore of the game but rather MMO mechanic. Some items like flasks were designed to be available to craft only in specific place. In fact not only flasks require specific place to craft. Miners can smelt Dark Iron only at Black Forge inside BRD. Tailors can craft Mooncloth at Moonwell. This mechanic adds immersion to the world. In vanilla there was a reason some items have required specific location to be crafted. Simply because flasks, dark iron bars and mooncloth are the most valuable tradegoods. By removing alchemy lab requirement for flasks, you make the game more convenient but also, you break the immersion. Crafting the most powerful consumable in the game shouldn't be so common - this is my opinion.
Let's apply this same logic to Mount Hyjal. It's a massive mountain range that's canonically very difficult to ever get to which is why so few ever do. The Mount Hyjal flight point makes the zone more accessible but breaks the immersion. Therefore, the Mount Hyjal flight point should be removed from the game.

Any player that ever wants to access the Mount Hyjal zone should have to travel to Winterspring, go through the cave network of elite demons in Southern Witnerspring, enter at the far Southeast corner of the Mount Hyjal zone, go all the way to the western end of the zone, up a long winding hill only to make a right turn then head to the far eastern end of the zone every single time they feel like working on the quests there. Travel time would only be a little less than an hour. And isn't that a small price to pay to maintain the sense of immersion of the game?

Vindicatus

Post by Vindicatus » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:48 pm

I like OP's suggestions.

Akos1896
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Akos1896 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:53 pm

Tbh I support anything which helps keeping raid consumable prices at a manageable level

Ousng

Post by Ousng » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:37 am

it is effective to lower the price of herbs through increasing the supply, but making herbs respawned in dungeons offers few help. Fadeleaf and grave moss are respawned in SM, have you ever seen the price of them getting lowered? Reducing the amount of mat required of potion and shortening the respawn time of high level herbs are much more effective.

Axe8305

Post by Axe8305 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:45 am

Ousng wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:37 am
it is effective to lower the price of herbs through increasing the supply, but making herbs respawned in dungeons offers few help. Fadeleaf and grave moss are respawned in SM, have you ever seen the price of them getting lowered? Reducing the amount of mat required of potion and shortening the respawn time of high level herbs are much more effective.
I'm not opposed to that change either.

If anyone else has some good ideas on how to lower herb prices, by all means, please share them in this thread.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:17 am

Only deportation of the chinese will help, but turtle devs will never do it.

Calli
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Calli » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:50 pm

I would restrict all potions to make where alchemy equipment available, like blacksmiths are bound to forges and anvils.
There is no problem with the labs in BWL. The flasks are expensive because of the required herb prices!

Axe8305

Post by Axe8305 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:14 pm

Calli wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:50 pm
I would restrict all potions to make where alchemy equipment available, like blacksmiths are bound to forges and anvils.
There is no problem with the labs in BWL. The flasks are expensive because of the required herb prices!
There are players that are herbalist/alchemist that have the materials to make flasks but don't do so very often because of the restriction. And when they do eventually get around to running a scholomance, it's not an enjoyable experience and that frustration gets reflected in the price they list the flask(s) they make and put on the auction house.

If you remove the barrier and make the process of creating flasks simpler, you will increase supply, drive up competition between sellers and ultimately reduce prices.

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:40 pm

Axe8305 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:33 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:21 pm
Axe8305 wrote:

Let's apply this same logic to Mount Hyjal. It's a massive mountain range that's canonically very difficult to ever get to which is why so few ever do. The Mount Hyjal flight point makes the zone more accessible but breaks the immersion. Therefore, the Mount Hyjal flight point should be removed from the game.

Any player that ever wants to access the Mount Hyjal zone should have to travel to Winterspring, go through the cave network of elite demons in Southern Witnerspring, enter at the far Southeast corner of the Mount Hyjal zone, go all the way to the western end of the zone, up a long winding hill only to make a right turn then head to the far eastern end of the zone every single time they feel like working on the quests there. Travel time would only be a little less than an hour. And isn't that a small price to pay to maintain the sense of immersion of the game?
Flight points and game objects that give you possibility to craft the most powerful consumables in the game are two different things. What's funny is that in first patches of vanilla, most elite zones and hardest locations didn't have flight points. At first there was no flight point in Searing Gorge, same with Silithus iirc. They were added in later patches. The thing is flight points are common service available to everyone while flasks are not supposed to be crafted by every alchemist.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:58 pm

Axe8305 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:14 pm
There are players that are herbalist/alchemist that have the materials to make flasks but don't do so very often because of the restriction. And when they do eventually get around to running a scholomance, it's not an enjoyable experience and that frustration gets reflected in the price they list the flask(s) they make and put on the auction house.

If you remove the barrier and make the process of creating flasks simpler, you will increase supply, drive up competition between sellers and ultimately reduce prices.
You clearly have no idea what is barrier in flasks' case. You claim that if we make process of crafting flasks without alchemy lab, this will increase supply. But the price of flasks isn't dictated by this - not as much at least. The biggest problem is that recipes for Flask of Supreme Power, Flask of the Titans, Flask of Distiled Wisdom cost: 1300g, 700g ,550g and are very hard to obtain. This is the real barrier, not the laziness of people xD. Do you really think fresh lv 60 player with alchemy is able to craft flasks? It will take weeks/months or even more until he's able to gather these recipes.

Also, you can do one Scholomance run or go to cleared BWL ID and craft 100 flasks at once, you won't need to visit this place for months.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:06 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:17 am
This isn't a problem due to "Chinese farmers". There are na/eu node campers, scalpers etc. Don't bring anti-asian rhetoric or any other sort of hate here. The overwhelming majority of us, NA/EU/NZ/AUS/SEA, etc....we're are here to game.

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:55 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:06 pm
Don't bring anti-asian rhetoric or any other sort of hate here.
These words made me laugh honestly. Because I know someone who brings anti-scalping rhetoric to most economic discussions.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:01 pm

The chinese is the only problem on TWoW.

They started to buy and farm tons of herbs to progress in Naxx.
Someone said about 20 Naxx raiding guilds.

EU/NA players just try to survive, that's why they camp nodes.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:47 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:55 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Don't bring anti-asian rhetoric or any other sort of hate here.
These words made me laugh honestly. Because I know someone who brings anti-scalping rhetoric to most economic discussions.
And? Scalpers are objectively hurting the economy. There's been evidence presented as such by multiple users. That doesn't mean there is enough supply either, because there isn't.

Also, its not disparaging an entire ethic group.

Burunduk wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:01 pm
The chinese is the only problem on TWoW.

They started to buy and farm tons of herbs to progress in Naxx.
Someone said about 20 Naxx raiding guilds.

EU/NA players just try to survive, that's why they camp nodes.
Ah yes. And what about the na/eu guilds progressing? Is your claim that there are none? There were way more Asians on in the summer yet this wasn't going on, and some were in naxx. So I guess less Asians = worse economy then? BS. GTFO with that nonsense please.

Ovaron

Post by Ovaron » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:36 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Burunduk wrote:
This isn't a problem due to "Chinese farmers". There are na/eu node campers, scalpers etc. Don't bring anti-asian rhetoric or any other sort of hate here. The overwhelming majority of us, NA/EU/NZ/AUS/SEA, etc....we're are here to game.
lol, you keep defending those asian mindsets. Keep it up, maybe you like this server going down like everlook.

Keep in mind what this mindset of gaming is:
https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ssues/6108
https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ssues/6035

Before this takeover we had a fine pvp ranking, now its up to a million+ honor - with afk bots and account sharing.
Furthermore account-sharing (selling?)

honestly - I never had any problems with said group of players. But since this influx the server is going downward.
Sure, we can proceed to defend the "anti" agenda - but we have to face the truth.

we were promised a hanzi ban and open transfers for SEA ppl. Nothing happened so far and I lost hope this server will be alike a year ago.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:58 pm

Ovaron wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:36 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Burunduk wrote:
lol, you keep defending those asian mindsets. Keep it up, maybe you like this server going down like everlook.

Before this takeover we had a fine pvp ranking, now its up to a million+ honor - with afk bots and account sharing.

honestly - I never had any problems with said group of players. But since this influx the server is going downward.
Sure, we can proceed to defend the "anti" agenda - but we have to face the truth.

we were promised a hanzi ban and open transfers for SEA ppl. Nothing happened so far and I lost hope this server will be alike a year ago.
Lol @ agenda. What agenda? Treating people in a nice, respectful manner? You can't see Hanzi unless you're looking for it. It's just another language regardless. If it upsets you seeing other languages, I hate to break it to you but there are already a ton of non English speakers on twow. People keep saying the server has "gone down hill" yet there are still thousands of non Chinese descent here chugging along. They camp herbs, they cheese raid strats, take advantages of bugs and even search for exploits. There have been hundreds of English speakers caught duping gold. There are plenty camping nodes and even node notification networks. And ranking is going to go up when the server pop goes up. There were ppl sharing accounts to rank b4 the influx. There's absolutely no factual basis that any of the negative stuff happening is driven specifically by Chinese. Even gold sellers were here before the influx and they weren't all Chinese either. There was never a "takeover" other than we got put in queues for a few weeks. Economic problems due to scalping and supply existed pre April when the influx happened.

Blaming entire groups of people for multifaceted problems is more often than not a scape-goat tactic used in the absence of understanding said problems.

Ovaron

Post by Ovaron » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:37 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:58 pm
Ovaron wrote:
Drubarrymooer wrote:

bla
Sorry this hurt your feelings.
I have to admit, that english isnt my native language too.
But I share the same mindset of gaming in WoW than most westerns. We progressed as every other guild on this server on fair tactics and manners - unlike some of our SEA ppl.

Been playing here for about (only) 2 years but I was part of the funding of a great progressing guild on this server. We accomplished everything and keep clearing everything on a weekly basis.
But this momentum is killing our veterans players - and every guild knows why.

The mindset of some SEA ppl isnt helpful to the economy of the server. They farm everything 24/7 and RMT and Account Selling is what comes with them!

You might defend your chinese friends as much as you like, but this server had its zenith a year ago.

We need drastically increase of herb spawns - every herb - and maybe some kind of dynamically spawn of herbs and mining nodes. But at this pace the server is heading - lots of regular ppl will quit.

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:38 pm

Axe8305 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:44 pm
First of all, I want to thank everyone on the Turtle WoW team for implementing the recent changes regarding higher level herbs in dungeons. That was a very positive and welcome change from the community's perspective. It should go a long way to increasing supply, driving up competition between sellers and ultimately lowering the prices. turtle_in_love_head

I have two additional suggestions in that same line of thinking.

1. Please add alchemy labs to Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Put it behind a small quest wall or just make it so that only level 300 alchemists can make use of the alchemy lab. Flask prices are double what they were 2 months ago. The more people with quick access that does not require a Scholomance or BWL clear the better. It's absurd that the horde and alliance would not immediately steal said technology and bring it back to their major cities. You could even make that the quest to unlock the alchemy lab if you wanted.

2. Please add herbs to Emerald Sanctum. I'm thinking that any raid that can clear Emerald Sanctum deserves a reward, normal and hardmode, and the best reward is to recoup some of the gold it takes to actually clear a hard coded 40 man raid with no flex to it. So you kill the boss and a raid wide emote goes out saying something like "The corruption has been cleansed." Then a mix of high level herbs suddenly flower throughout the cleared raid. A mix of plaguebloom, mountain silversage, ghost mushroom, etc. spawns once the final boss in the raid dies. Now given its large size, I'm thinking 20 to 30 spawns.
If an alchemy table is acessible to everyone whats the point having one? These ideas smell like retail
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Fischminister

Post by Fischminister » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:10 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:

Lol @ agenda. What agenda? Treating people in a nice, respectful manner? You can't see Hanzi unless you're looking for it. It's just another language regardless. If it upsets you seeing other languages, I hate to break it to you but there are already a ton of non English speakers on twow. People keep saying the server has "gone down hill" yet there are still thousands of non Chinese descent here chugging along. They camp herbs, they cheese raid strats, take advantages of bugs and even search for exploits. There have been hundreds of English speakers caught duping gold. There are plenty camping nodes and even node notification networks. And ranking is going to go up when the server pop goes up. There were ppl sharing accounts to rank b4 the influx. There's absolutely no factual basis that any of the negative stuff happening is driven specifically by Chinese. Even gold sellers were here before the influx and they weren't all Chinese either. There was never a "takeover" other than we got put in queues for a few weeks. Economic problems due to scalping and supply existed pre April when the influx happened.

Blaming entire groups of people for multifaceted problems is more often than not a scape-goat tactic used in the absence of understanding said problems.
If you close your eyes hard enough you wont see the problem.
We can also play pretend, that the way to play the game is the same in asia and the west.

Your argumentation is just: calling Ovaron any kind of *ism and do a little whataboutism. great work mate. sadly the world is not exactly like you would like it. some cultures play in an more toxic way for the server - that is clear so everyone here and the gamingcommunity.
yeah yeah not everyone but sadly to much.

best thing would be to crack down hard on exploits, rmt (only permanent bans), botting, afk bg etc.

also if you promis players that you do something and dont follow through we could at least have an explanation what is taking that long or why it is not possible. that would be fair.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:00 am

Ovaron wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:37 pm
Sorry this hurt your feelings.
I have to admit, that english isnt my native language too.
No hurt feelings here. I hope you weren't trying to be condescending. If that were the case, it would make your point about manners moot.
Ovaron wrote:
We progressed as every other guild on this server on fair tactics and manners - unlike some of our SEA ppl.
I've raided with mostly NA across multiple guilds and pugs. If there's an opportunity to cheese a fight, its almost always taken. Its specific to one ethnic culture. On manners, I mean idk what to tell you. There are bad manners everywhere. The number of positive interactions I've had far and above outweigh the negative ones. That's anecdotal at best.
Ovaron wrote:
But this momentum is killing our veterans players - and every guild knows why.
And why is that exactly? Chinese were on the server before the large influx. That only happened because of bad deals between government and corporate entities. The players were caught in between. There was a steady 10k online at all times all summer. Prices weren't this bad. Supply wasn't this bad. Players back then said the same thing "china's camping all the nodes"...."china's camping this or that". It's nothing I haven't seen NA/EU/Etc do. Did we get more campers/afk farmers/gold sellers? Sure. That's a shitty gamer problem. Its not the entire Chinese Twow community. Its just a numbers game.
Ovaron wrote:
The mindset of some SEA ppl isnt helpful to the economy of the server. They farm everything 24/7 and RMT and Account Selling is what comes with them!

You might defend your chinese friends as much as you like, but this server had its zenith a year ago.

We need drastically increase of herb spawns - every herb - and maybe some kind of dynamically spawn of herbs and mining nodes. But at this pace the server is heading - lots of regular ppl will quit.
100% bogus. The Chinese player base may be more likely to do it, but they aren't the only ones doing it. I was on a high pop NA server in Classic and never saw a single non english speaker. I'm sure there were other there. But I'd say about 25% of the raiding and lvling population was buying gold, doing gdkp's, selling unique epic mounts for well over gold cap. It's not just a Chinese thing.
Fischminister wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:10 pm
If you close your eyes hard enough you wont see the problem.
We can also play pretend, that the way to play the game is the same in asia and the west.
I don't see anyone complaining about the westerner's that engage in RMT, node camping, scalping, etc en masse, despite it being an issue. It happens on retail and private servers alike. Plenty of westerner's buying accounts, buying gold, etc.
Fischminister wrote:
Your argumentation is just: calling Ovaron any kind of *ism and do a little whataboutism. great work mate. sadly the world is not exactly like you would like it. some cultures play in an more toxic way for the server - that is clear so everyone here and the gamingcommunity.
yeah yeah not everyone but sadly to much.
No "ism's" we're called out, let alone multiples. And while whataboutism is a comparison, its typically regarding disingenuous comparison.

Fischminister wrote:
best thing would be to crack down hard on exploits, rmt (only permanent bans), botting, afk bg etc.
They have been.
Fischminister wrote:
also if you promis players that you do something and dont follow through we could at least have an explanation what is taking that long or why it is not possible. that would be fair.
Again, can't see hanzi unless you seek it out. And if you can't handle seeing another language in chat regardless, that's a you issue. Not the people on the other side of the screen.

Axe8305

Post by Axe8305 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:52 am

Zvyrhol wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:58 pm
Axe8305 wrote:

You clearly have no idea what is barrier in flasks' case. You claim that if we make process of crafting flasks without alchemy lab, this will increase supply. But the price of flasks isn't dictated by this - not as much at least. The biggest problem is that recipes for Flask of Supreme Power, Flask of the Titans, Flask of Distiled Wisdom cost: 1300g, 700g ,550g and are very hard to obtain. This is the real barrier, not the laziness of people xD. Do you really think fresh lv 60 player with alchemy is able to craft flasks? It will take weeks/months or even more until he's able to gather these recipes.

Also, you can do one Scholomance run or go to cleared BWL ID and craft 100 flasks at once, you won't need to visit this place for months.
The difficulty in creating something influences the price. The availability of materials needed to make something also influences the price.

Literally no one has ever made 100 flasks at once. Your bags cannot hold that much material needed to craft that many flasks. I've seen dozens of alchemy recipes drop from end bosses in raids. They get rolled off and I've seen them go to alts.

Look this is all irrelevant. I'm arguing for changes that will help to solve a problem a lot of people that play the game are complaining about. You disagree with my suggestions, fine.

Axe8305

Post by Axe8305 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:57 am

Wilsonsds wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:38 pm

If an alchemy table is acessible to everyone whats the point having one? These ideas smell like retail
If a repair vendor is accessible to everyone what's the point having one? These ideas smell like common sense and that scares me, so I'll grab some fire and just throw it in the general direction of the thing I'm terrified of.

Come on, this is a terrible argument you're making. Are you currently benefiting from inflated herb/alchemy prices? That's the only way what you posted makes any sense.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:28 am

Simple fix - Add a donation store pet that lets you summon alchemy lab to be used by anyone close by.

I cant tell OP will cry like a little baby at this idea, but it motivates people to support the server and alchemists no longer waste half a day just to craft flasks.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:32 am

Axe8305 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:52 am
Zvyrhol wrote:
Axe8305 wrote:

The difficulty in creating something influences the price. The availability of materials needed to make something also influences the price.

Literally no one has ever made 100 flasks at once. Your bags cannot hold that much material needed to craft that many flasks. I've seen dozens of alchemy recipes drop from end bosses in raids. They get rolled off and I've seen them go to alts.

Look this is all irrelevant. I'm arguing for changes that will help to solve a problem a lot of people that play the game are complaining about. You disagree with my suggestions, fine.
This isn't true. Its possible to craft a lot of flasks with 144 bag slots. If you don't have those bags its a YOU problem.

Happyshadow

Post by Happyshadow » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 am

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Ovaron wrote:
Drubarrymooer wrote:

There's absolutely no factual basis that any of the negative stuff happening is driven specifically by Chinese. Even gold sellers were here before the influx and they weren't all Chinese either. There was never a "takeover" other than we got put in queues for a few weeks. Economic problems due to scalping and supply existed pre April when the influx happened.
People can connect the dots without a thorough WoW financial authority investigation.

Happyshadow

Post by Happyshadow » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:08 am

Axe8305 wrote:
Zvyrhol wrote:
Axe8305 wrote:

Please read some economics 101 and also have a look at the price development of the reagents. Don't simply look at the end product. People don't just log on and arbitrarily decide what the listing price of a said flask will be on that day based on their level of frustration. Well, maybe you do, but that's not the benchmark for others.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:22 am

Axe8305 wrote:
Zvyrhol wrote:
Think about this in other way. Alchemy lab is powerful because it is stationed in this particular place. May be there is ley line or concentration of power underground. May be you need to build massive structure like nuclear reactor to allow to brew potions in this particular place.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:21 pm

Axe8305 wrote:
I've seen dozens of alchemy recipes drop from end bosses in raids. They get rolled off and I've seen them go to alts.
But we are talking about flasks, not other alchemy recipes. Flasks are the only consumables that require Alchemy Lab. Flask Recipes don't drop from end bosses in raids. Each recipe has a small drop chance from single mob in the game which are Raz Frostwhisper, General Drakkisath and Balnazzar in Scholomance, UBRS and Stratholme Live. I have already told you the prices of these recipes, some alchemist mains don't even own them not to mention alts.

Your arguments about vendors and flight points available everywhere are invalid because they concern the similar issue but on a different scale. Vendors and flight points concern 100% of playerbase and these services are super-common. Compare it to flask crafting which I estimate only 5-10% of playerbase is able to do because only alchemist with big money can afford it. And again, flasks are the most powerful consumables in the game.

I see your point that you want to lower the prices of flasks but your way won't change much - Black Lotus' price is still very high and flask recipes are big barrier of entry to flask market.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:36 pm

Happyshadow wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 am
People can connect the dots without a thorough WoW financial authority investigation.
Observations can be flawed and filled with bias. There have been NA guilds caught buying gold, duping gold, etc. I've personally reported NA bot levelers. There are plenty of NA node campers during NA peak times. "Connecting the dots" as it were is no better than cloud watching. One can see a dolphin where someone else might see a lion. It doesn't make either factually correct.

Axe8305

Post by Axe8305 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:10 pm

Xwolfi wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:28 am
Simple fix - Add a donation store pet that lets you summon alchemy lab to be used by anyone close by.

I cant tell OP will cry like a little baby at this idea, but it motivates people to support the server and alchemists no longer waste half a day just to craft flasks.
So you acknowledge that there is a problem but your proposed solution is to have players spend money to fix it?

You're arguing for pay to play. You're a moron.

Axe8305

Post by Axe8305 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:16 pm

Happyshadow wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:08 am

Please read some economics 101 and also have a look at the price development of the reagents. Don't simply look at the end product. People don't just log on and arbitrarily decide what the listing price of a said flask will be on that day based on their level of frustration. Well, maybe you do, but that's not the benchmark for others.
I have a degree in economics... you moron.

I fully understand the factors that influence price. Scarcity being the main culprit. I have suggested changes to the game that will help to address this.

I'm convinced that the recent influx in opposition to this thread is simply people who currently benefit from the inflated prices. Maybe it's their full time job to sell gold and the higher consume prices are the easier it is for them to put food on the table but it's bad for the game and could even potentially kill the game. So even if you're a bottom feeding gold seller like some of the clowns in this thread, you're robbing from Peter to pay Paul here. You're thinking short when you should be thinking long.