Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:55 pm
There is a lot of ways to fix the economy
Oh yeah share with us please.

Oomentaloo

Re: Lashers farm is broken

Post by Oomentaloo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:49 pm

Zahnfee wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:06 pm
I remember on nost i was part of the devilsaur mafia and we all got max gold within the first 3-4 months of server release... gold wont do shit if u aint got nothin to buy... the problem is people buying more then they need and hoarding! everyone will find ways to make gold for himself in this game and prices eventually will go up what we need is a way to have more supply then there is demand and that does not happen trough gold farm but with actual Out World farming! i had this idea of insta spawning nodes troughout the world on any node. basicly that anything can be farmed like leather by everyone... that way the supply would be decked and gold farm methods would be obsolete because u just hop on your farm alt go your round make your mats for raid within 1-2 hours of grind per week and thats it... you could spend your hard earned money for really important stuff like your mount collection, fashion and make low level hc gnomes fight your robot chicken! if every player can farm a stack of lotus each day there wouldnt be an incentive to make money to buy raid mats, instead players would go out and farm whatever they need and be done with it...

What im trying to say this is not the real world just give us unlimited supply of crafting materials and any given point of day and take it from there.
I also think the supply question is an important one with the population size of Turtle WoW.
Unlimited supply is perhaps too much. But what about make certain items on a loot table that can be added to other loot tables. Perhaps certain humanoid mobs of level range have sometimes some valuable herbs/ores in their pockets or some herbivores also some herbs that were not devoured. You get the picture.
Maybe there are some survival profession mechanics you can put in it idk.

Something that players can do in the open world without camping the same nodes.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:07 pm

Oomentaloo wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:58 pm
New players don't farm Lashers for gold, that's a specific min/max type of player. These type of players should not be the core focus of the server. New players should be able to quest, try the new zones and use the AH. With more and more gold injected in the economy everything will get pricier and normal new players have to play the AH game to get some gold for average items.
Even if there are inflated gold in the economy, it doesn't mean that price of all items will be inflated.
Law of suppy and demand still applies there. While demand for high level herbs is high, demand for low level gear is low.
Most low level crafted items are sold cheaper than materials used to craft them.
Low level materials can be sold for pretty high price (compared to vendor price). Copper bar is around 8s*20=1g60s per stack https://www.wowauctions.net/auctionHous ... r-bar-2840
"luxury" low level stuff like Assasin's Blade costs around 50g https://www.wowauctions.net/auctionHous ... blade-1935
low level greens sold for price equal or close to vendor value. They are rarely used for disenchanting.

For average leveller high price for raw materials mean that those players will get enough gold to learn their skills, riding and open full bank slots.
Problem will be only when they go to naxx raiding guild.

I do agree that killing lashers in dungeon should not be main source of income. It is better to make some other activity to be efficient goldfarm. Killing bosses and PvP should be main source of income in my opinion.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:37 pm

Ataika wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:24 pm
Oomentaloo wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:58 pm
Everybody should calm down a bit.
Some folks mix their feelings and gold making methods with the discussion of how the server should function and what Turtle is about.

Always have in mind that Turtle WoW is RP-PvE Server, where slow and steady questing is encouraged.
If you want that kind of community (I audaciously claim that the Devs want that) you have to structure certain things around the goal.

New players don't farm Lashers for gold, that's a specific min/max type of player. These type of players should not be the core focus of the server. New players should be able to quest, try the new zones and use the AH. With more and more gold injected in the economy everything will get pricier and normal new players have to play the AH game to get some gold for average items.
Question is are we at that level yet?

Anybody can do Lashers. Just because anybody CAN do it is not a good argument that everybody SHOULD do it.
It's not illegal nor is it cheating, but maybe its an unintentional game mechanic. Some unintentional game mechanic that developers overlook can be very good and a driver of a game but some are hurting the actual intended game play.

I mean we saw what certain systems have done to retail. Do we want players to feel obligated to use an unintended farming method to buy something on the market? the generated gold will not only change flask prices.

Where is the balance on a server that is very crowded.

And I don't think that people are asking for flask prices that so low that the last raid generates enough gold to finance the next.
Thanks for a wise structured reply. thants exactly my point.

This enitre thread is retarded and an absolute waste of time... Lasher farms in no way harm the economy because anyone can do it. Even if lashers gets nerfed again I'd just farm one of the multiple other gold farms. People will always find efficient gold grinds and in my opinion they deserve that gold for investing hours into farming... Your dumb ass seems to think that Lashers is just free gold...

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:40 pm

Xwolfi wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:37 pm
This enitre thread is retarded and an absolute waste of time... Lasher farms in no way harm the economy because anyone can do it. Even if lashers gets nerfed again I'd just farm one of the multiple other gold farms. People will always find efficient gold grinds and in my opinion they deserve that gold for investing hours into farming... Your dumb ass seems to think that Lashers is just free gold...
I think that best goldfarm should be also fun to play.
What goldfarm is the most fun in your opinion?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Snoodydood

Post by Snoodydood » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm

Your dumb ass seems to think that Lashers is just free gold...
It quite literally is lol
You can start gold farming at level 57 as a paladin and just do that for exp and gold till 60 if you want, i know paladins who have all done this and recommend it to other pallys, it's completely brain dead, anyone can do it. If you can run right in with less than good gear and just accumulate gold with no skill involved with nothing but your basic class abilities, i don't see how you can NOT call it a "free gold' farm

Deeno

Post by Deeno » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:05 pm

My mage friend became 60 the other day, spent 3 days in dire maul and with 3000 gold in the pocket, a week after dinging 60: epic mount + professions + mc+ ready gear. As a casual player, doing dungeons, raids, pvp, questing and selling my profession, to achive the same level of impact of the economy, its several months of playtime for me. Spending your time farming gold? Okay, but this is another level. This is not the intended use of loot. Get gold for your time, yes. Introduce gold into the economy without any gaming aspect (doing dungeons, leveling, questing...), hell no. You can overdo these gaming aspects to farm gold (killing npcs but not doing the dungeon/quest), yes. But not with this unproportionate amount. Think about it: How many quests and dungeons you need to do, spending weeks, to introduce the same amount of gold?

The other thing is that most RMT is based on this, because killing npcs is the easiest to bot. No wonder why some people defending this.

BUT ANYONE CAN DO IT! Well, i dont see the difference between getting 3000 gold from raid exploit in 3 hours and spending 3 days (effortlessly!) in dire maul. If anyone could do the raid exploit, would that be okay?

On the other hand i understood that it is not easy to find a solution to this. Killing npcs is far better gold than every other activity in the game. But nerfing a specific npc farm just pushes the problem elsewhere, a holistic / complex approach is necessary.
Last edited by Deeno on Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Likaleo

Post by Likaleo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:12 pm

Blackduck wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:42 pm
I believe the devs aren't fond of "dungeon farms" so I wouldn't be surprised if lashers get nerfed in the future.
Pretty sure devs understand that bring all people to open area would be disaster. Low levels would cry non stop forums that all zones full of max levels grinding quest mobs. If you need example just look search earth elemental on here forums.

Also low level dungeons like rfd, sm and zf have been proven to be good for value. So even of you nerf lasher farm people just go to the next best dungeon.

But i dont realy understand whats the problem. Server is too good i guess if people farming dungeons for gold is seen as 'problem'

Likaleo

Post by Likaleo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:17 pm

Deeno wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:05 pm
My mage friend became 60 the other day, spent 3 days in dire maul and with 3000 gold in the pocket,

Stop lying. That story full bs

Deeno

Post by Deeno » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:23 pm

Likaleo wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:17 pm
Deeno wrote:
My mage friend became 60 the other day, spent 3 days in dire maul and with 3000 gold in the pocket,

Stop lying. That story full bs
RMT supporter spotted. You religously against anyone who dont like easy gold farming. Why dont you react to the other questions and statements in my post?

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:53 pm

Deeno wrote:
My mage friend became 60 the other day, spent 3 days in dire maul and with 3000 gold in the pocket, a week after dinging 60: epic mount + professions + mc+ ready gear. As a casual player, doing dungeons, raids, pvp, questing and selling my profession, to achive the same level of impact of the economy, its several months of playtime for me. Spending your time farming gold? Okay, but this is another level. This is not the intended use of loot. Get gold for your time, yes. Introduce gold into the economy without any gaming aspect (doing dungeons, leveling, questing...), hell no. You can overdo these gaming aspects to farm gold (killing npcs but not doing the dungeon/quest), yes. But not with this unproportionate amount. Think about it: How many quests and dungeons you need to do, spending weeks, to introduce the same amount of gold?

The other thing is that most RMT is based on this, because killing npcs is the easiest to bot. No wonder why some people defending this.

BUT ANYONE CAN DO IT! Well, i dont see the difference between getting 3000 gold from raid exploit in 3 hours and spending 3 days (effortlessly!) in dire maul. If anyone could do the raid exploit, would that be okay?

On the other hand i understood that it is not easy to find a solution to this. Killing npcs is far better gold than every other activity in the game. But nerfing a specific npc farm just pushes the problem elsewhere, a holistic / complex approach is necessary.
Accusing ppl of being supporting RMT bcos they don't share your view. That is very pathetic.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:59 pm

Likaleo wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:12 pm
Blackduck wrote:
I believe the devs aren't fond of "dungeon farms" so I wouldn't be surprised if lashers get nerfed in the future.
Pretty sure devs understand that bring all people to open area would be disaster. Low levels would cry non stop forums that all zones full of max levels grinding quest mobs. If you need example just look search earth elemental on here forums.

Also low level dungeons like rfd, sm and zf have been proven to be good for value. So even of you nerf lasher farm people just go to the next best dungeon.

But i dont realy understand whats the problem. Server is too good i guess if people farming dungeons for gold is seen as 'problem'
I see this as a group of elitist trying to gatekeep new players from gaining comfortable access to gold bcos they want to dominate the economy.
These entitled people think others should suffer for it because of they have better ideas of how to play the game

Deeno

Post by Deeno » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:08 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:53 pm
Deeno wrote:

Accusing ppl of being supporting RMT bcos they don't share your view. That is very pathetic.
you kinda reacted to the wrong post, this is about my experience and opinion with the closure that this issue is bigger and harder to solve than it seems. Calling others, not sharing my view, RMT supporters? No. Reacting to trash talk with trash talk, yes.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:59 pm

Zahnfee wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:06 pm
I remember on nost i was part of the devilsaur mafia and we all got max gold within the first 3-4 months of server release...
I have played some years in nost, and have good memories from the time i spent there, but that mafia dont make any favour to nost memory ;p

Deeno

Post by Deeno » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:04 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:59 pm
Likaleo wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:12 pm
Blackduck wrote:

I see this as a group of elitist trying to gatekeep new players from gaining comfortable access to gold bcos they want to dominate the economy.
These entitled people think others should suffer for it because of they have better ideas of how to play the game
what is "comfortable access to gold"?

In my opinion if you play the game (as an avarage player) you should be able gain and spend gold comfortably, i dont think that farming gold is a **regular** part of the (avarage) gameplay. Yes, if you really want that item, mount, whatever, you need to farm gold. But wanting ALL the good stuff gold can buy, all the time, is a different story.

I am starting to feel that there is a cultural difference hidden around this topic.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:09 pm

Snoodydood wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm
You can start gold farming at level 57 as a paladin and just do that for exp and gold till 60 if you want, i know paladins who have all done this and recommend it to other pallys, it's completely brain dead, anyone can do it. If you can run right in with less than good gear and just accumulate gold with no skill involved with nothing but your basic class abilities, i don't see how you can NOT call it a "free gold' farm
Your life might be worth fuck all but other people value their time. So no, its not free.

Snoodydood

Post by Snoodydood » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:28 pm

Xwolfi wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:09 pm
Snoodydood wrote:
Your life might be worth fuck all but other people value their time. So no, its not free.
lmao if this is your 'argument" then just leave the thread.
If you put any time at all into end game content in WoW then you make time for grinding gold to some capacity, there isn't an exception. Lasher farming takes 30 mins for 100 gold and even if you only did it once before your raid for some consumes every week, it's still just free income for almost no time and zero effort.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:06 pm

Snoodydood wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:28 pm
Xwolfi wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:09 pm
Snoodydood wrote:

lmao if this is your 'argument" then just leave the thread.
If you put any time at all into end game content in WoW then you make time for grinding gold to some capacity, there isn't an exception. Lasher farming takes 30 mins for 100 gold and even if you only did it once before your raid for some consumes every week, it's still just free income for almost no time and zero effort.
You clearly have no fucking idea what your talking about. Even if you managed a couple runs in 30 mins, there's no way its even close to 100g. Not even with Herbalism and mining.

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:14 pm

make the lashers immune to magic
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)