PvP should be more profitable than lasher farm

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

PvP should be more profitable than lasher farm

Post by Xudo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:08 pm

Currently a lot of people spend half of their time farming lashers in DME to get gold to spend it on consumables.
While high price of consumables is another topic to discuss, I want to point out that AoE farming become most time consuming ingame activity.
WoW is not abbreviated as World of AoE farms.
From all possible activities, people choose the one which require least amount of interaction with/against other players.

Proposal is:
Increase gold reward for turning marks of honor of any kind
Mark turnin should be more profitable than AoE goldfarms.
PvP should be promoted more in this game.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Burunduk

Re: PvP should be more profitable than lasher farm

Post by Burunduk » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:38 pm

3 marks = stack of Plaguebloom.
Plagueblom is purple gold.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 17 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:46 pm

I like this idea. Actually current Marks quests don't give any gold, the experience from them is converted to gold if you are max level.

Btw killing mobs in the mines in Alterac Valley is nice alternative PVP gold farm. You still get Honor, you get valuable gray items that you can sell to vendor, you farm Armor Scraps which can be turned in to upgrade your faction's troops and get some extra gold + it's easy way to farm reputation with Orgrimmar/Ironforge to Exalted.

The best farm I can think about for people who raid and progress their rank in PVP.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Ibux
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Ibux » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:20 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:46 pm
I like this idea. Actually current Marks quests don't give any gold, the experience from them is converted to gold if you are max level.

Btw killing mobs in the mines in Alterac Valley is nice alternative PVP gold farm. You still get Honor, you get valuable gray items that you can sell to vendor, you farm Armor Scraps which can be turned in to upgrade your faction's troops and get some extra gold + it's easy way to farm reputation with Orgrimmar/Ironforge to Exalted.

The best farm I can think about for people who raid and progress their rank in PVP.
how much gold per hour do you gain from it? and how useful is it to the team for winning?

there are also some wanted posters you can take for gold rewards on enemy players. but it seems it doesn't give completed for killing them in instanced pvp. or at least it didn't last i tried it.

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:42 pm

Ibux wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:20 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:

how much gold per hour do you gain from it? and how useful is it to the team for winning?

there are also some wanted posters you can take for gold rewards on enemy players. but it seems it doesn't give completed for killing them in instanced pvp. or at least it didn't last i tried it.
I didn't count how much gold it is per hour but my estimation is that it's slightly worse than lasher farm. Of course this farm is efficient if nobody from enemy faction disturbs you. There are also other problems like AV match being too short or someone from your team captures the mine you are sitting in. In the mines you collect Armor Scraps that can be turned in to NPC in your base. Every 500 Armor Scraps your team turns in, all units of your faction will get upgrade from Normal->Seasoned->Veteran->Champion units. If you upgrade the troops fast enough, it will take much more time for enemy team to make progress into your base giving your team more chance to win the match. In current AV meta, faster team wins. However, in extreme situation enemy team won't be able to capture anything due to your units being too strong + your team mates who defend the graveyards for example. This can cause "turtle AV" which is good for your farm because AV match will likely last longer but honor gain will be limited. It's worth noting that mobs in the mines hit very hard, you should have good gear to farm them (I do it with my T2 Shadow Priest) and not every class can do it, this farm isn't for melee I think. You should also have many bag slots free, your bag will fill with trash very fast. Using summonable vendor from donation shop is very good idea and saves your time.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Ibux
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Ibux » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:51 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:42 pm
Ibux wrote:
Zvyrhol wrote:

I didn't count how much gold it is per hour but my estimation is that it's slightly worse than lasher farm. Of course this farm is efficient if nobody from enemy faction disturbs you. There are also other problems like AV match being too short or someone from your team captures the mine you are sitting in. In the mines you collect Armor Scraps that can be turned in to NPC in your base. Every 500 Armor Scraps your team turns in, all units of your faction will get upgrade from Normal->Seasoned->Veteran->Champion units. If you upgrade the troops fast enough, it will take much more time for enemy team to make progress into your base giving your team more chance to win the match. In current AV meta, faster team wins. However, in extreme situation enemy team won't be able to capture anything due to your units being too strong + your team mates who defend the graveyards for example. This can cause "turtle AV" which is good for your farm because AV match will likely last longer but honor gain will be limited. It's worth noting that mobs in the mines hit very hard, you should have good gear to farm them (I do it with my T2 Shadow Priest) and not every class can do it, this farm isn't for melee I think. You should also have many bag slots free, your bag will fill with trash very fast. Using summonable vendor from donation shop is very good idea and saves your time.
thanks that is useful insight. what classes do you typically see excel in there? and should they maybe tune down the unit upgrades some? long ass AV turtles can lead to lack of interest from players to potentially re queue i suppose.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:51 pm

Xudo wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:08 pm
Currently a lot of people spend half of their time farming lashers in DME to get gold to spend it on consumables.
While high price of consumables is another topic to discuss, I want to point out that AoE farming become most time consuming ingame activity.
WoW is not abbreviated as World of AoE farms.
From all possible activities, people choose the one which require least amount of interaction with/against other players.

Proposal is:
Increase gold reward for turning marks of honor of any kind
Mark turnin should be more profitable than AoE goldfarms.
PvP should be promoted more in this game.
Win trading?

Annoying

Post by Annoying » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:11 pm

at lvl 40-49 you can get a few gold (random lvl 41-44 green or something like that) for turning in 3x mark.
at lvl 60 you get get 20 silver or something, always. dead_turtle_head
Early Endgame - 49 Twinking

Scuffed - 60 Dwarf Hunter
Khrey - 49 Gnome Hunter

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:46 pm

Ibux wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:51 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:42 pm
Ibux wrote:

thanks that is useful insight. what classes do you typically see excel in there? and should they maybe tune down the unit upgrades some? long ass AV turtles can lead to lack of interest from players to potentially re queue i suppose.
Shadow priests shine there with Spirit Tap talent that basically make your mana infinite and in case you have low HP you can heal yourself. Other casters should be fine too though they will likely have to drink from time to time.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041