Why do you people still Support Turtle wow??????

Thegreatpurdy

Why do you people still Support Turtle wow??????

Post by Thegreatpurdy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:02 am

Stuff that the turtle wow team has lied about

1. Scarlet Monestary Raid
2. Adding Outland and Quel'thalas
3.Faction unbalance on the pvp server would be fixed either on release or shortly after

The Turtle team also scammed their players with the Goblin brainwashing device and responded with a weak ass post on the forums

The turtle wow team flat out ignores it's players on import item and Class issues such as Paladins and Druids both of which players have begged to be fixed for years now with no response from the devs

Players told the turtle team that the pvp server was a bad idea multiple times and the devs just ignored them

Seriously why do you people still support these shady Greedy ass Developers????

At this point after all the shit the developers have pulled if you still Trust and support them then your a Stupid Dumb Ass and you deserve whatever happens to you at this point

Darktifa

Re: Why do you people still Support Turtle wow??????

Post by Darktifa » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:09 am

Ok those are the negatives
Any chance you post all the great things Turtle Team has provided over the years FOR FREE?
Next time, post with your main account, like a MAN!
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:54 am

No need for flaming posts like this.

Just quit the server for a while until things get fixed, and if they don't find somewhere else to play, alot of people have flocked to SoD because of the class changes, I guess that's what most people want from classic +

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:18 am

Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:02 am
We have been extremely transparent that there were numerous issues with the WMO for the raid meaning it would not have worked.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
We never gave a timeline on either of them, and they are both within the overall timeline for the server. Have you visited the Thalassian Highlands yet?
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Faction unbalance on the pvp server would be fixed either on release or shortly after
This is quite literally balanced the best it could be. In our last three week's censuses, the factions have been within 20 of eachother. The "worst" it reached was a difference of 300 at 2,200 and 1,900.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
The Turtle team also scammed their players with the Goblin brainwashing device and responded with a weak ass post on the forums
Calling an item, which is available for either gold or from the donation shop, being bugfixed a "scam" is a massive stretch.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
The turtle wow team flat out ignores it's players on import item and Class issues such as Paladins and Druids both of which players have begged to be fixed for years now with no response from the devs
Blatantly untrue, especially given the class changes Discord which currently has more than 60+ community applicants inside to discuss future class balance.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Players told the turtle team that the pvp server was a bad idea multiple times and the devs just ignored them
You would know this to be untrue if you were around prior to Tel'Abim's release. With 10,000 online and 15,000 in queue, people did not say a second realm was a bad idea--people were furious one hadn't been launched. Countless players had been asking for a PvP server for years, and even more asked now. Yes, not every member of the community agreed.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
If our primary goal was making money, running a donation-based revenue model would be stupid.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
At this point after all the shit the developers have pulled if you still Trust and support them then your a Stupid Dumb Ass and you deserve whatever happens to you at this point
Thank you for supporting Turtle WoW.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:23 am

Akalix wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:18 am
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
We have been extremely transparent that there were numerous issues with the WMO for the raid meaning it would not have worked.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
We never gave a timeline on either of them, and they are both within the overall timeline for the server. Have you visited the Thalassian Highlands yet?
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Faction unbalance on the pvp server would be fixed either on release or shortly after
This is quite literally balanced the best it could be. In our last three week's censuses, the factions have been within 20 of eachother. The "worst" it reached was a difference of 300 at 2,200 and 1,900.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Calling an item, which is available for either gold or from the donation shop, being bugfixed a "scam" is a massive stretch.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Blatantly untrue, especially given the class changes Discord which currently has more than 60+ community applicants inside to discuss future class balance.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
You would know this to be untrue if you were around prior to Tel'Abim's release. With 10,000 online and 15,000 in queue, people did not say a second realm was a bad idea--people were furious one hadn't been launched. Countless players had been asking for a PvP server for years, and even more asked now. Yes, not every member of the community agreed.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
If our primary goal was making money, running a donation-based revenue model would be stupid.
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
dont even reply to these clowns lol

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:50 am

Had a really awesome dismantling of every argument set up where I saved Turtle from this heathen but I decided to take Tifa's advice. Here's some things I LIKE about Turtle, because clearly we don't get enough of that.

Hyjal, although my experience was brief with it, is a very beautiful and scenic zone. I'm sure if I ever do some content there, I'll like it.

Crescent Grove had a very niche and less popular "open" feel to it. Sure, there was a more linear path most groups would take, but doing the place with a fresh group was still fun. I liked all the cool feral druid stuff there was for me, and I actually used the thornroot maul all the way until the 50s.

Hateforge Quarry was pretty fun. Another example of one of those open dungeons, except it progressed into a proper deep delve type of feel with those lower levels. I like when a place gives you two different experiences.

I haven't experienced a lot of class changes so far, but as a druid main, I gotta say, I loved the ones I did get to fully get a feel for. Frenzied regen feels BROKEN, but I'm sick of feeling mediocre, so screw you >:3

The two added races are also great. They feel pretty decently written lore wise, and I'm a sucker for vanilla goblins, 'cause they kept that old WC3 feel that the originals had. The same kinda aesthetic felt more or less intact with the horde gobbos in my very brief experience.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:52 am

Akalix wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Only one word could describe such awesomeness.

B a s e d
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:50 am

Thegreatpurdy wrote:

3.Faction unbalance on the pvp server would be fixed either on release or shortly after

1. The Scarlet Citadel, they told us that was a big problem, but now you have Lower Kharazan Halls and Emerald Sanctum, with Grim Batol and Upper Kharazan Halls anounced.

2. Outland and Quel'thalas changed when they decided to take a different path in the lore, now we have Thalassian Highlands as a first step, don't doubt they will add Quel'thalas and Outland in the future.

3. The unbalance is normal in every server of World of Warcraft, and you know a thing? It's worse in retail than here, here is strangely balanced.

4. The Goblin Brainwashing Device was not a scam, was a bug that they fixed, and you buy it with your own donations, don't blame them for your decisitions.

5. Turtle WoW has the most kind and helpfull staff that I know, they can't fix everything when a player cries about a thing.

6. Yeah, I agree about the PvP Server was a bad idea, but now the thing is done, is cuestion of the devs how will they fix it.

7. I support them cause they have a good vision from WoW and I want to see how far we go in the lore, things are not perfect and you forget one thing, they're not Blizzard, they're not forced to do all the things that they do in the game, they could stay as a generic server but they decided to develop original content for mark the difference, and this is a free server, you can stay or leave, you're not losing anything for playing here, so, get lost my dumbass friend.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:57 am

Aw sweet, is this Gnomestabber's alt forum account? Is this a sour grapes schizo rant thread? I love those!

Luqj

Post by Luqj » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:45 am

Just because the devs are truly love this game, and are capable to improve it, that is all.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:51 am

Thegreatpurdy wrote:

I wouldn’t say they “lied” in the sense that they purposefully and knowingly told falsehoods with the intent to deceive. In the case of the Scarlet raid it’s more that they tried to deliver something and it didn’t work out. This is one of the downsides of updating people on a project: sometimes things don’t work out the way you planned them and now you’ve announced something that won’t happen, which is disappointing to your fans. But the flip side is that people don’t like being kept in the dark, they want updates, so you have to tell them something. Ultimately, the Scarlet raid didn’t work out but they came up with alternative new stuff to replace it.

To answer your question, people continue to donate because they continue to enjoy the server and want to see what more they have in store.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:49 am

While i can agree on some points, i can't deny that the positives of this server outnumbers the negatives by far in my opinion.

One thing it looks solid is, the server will likely stay up for many years (as of proven by... What? 5 years already?) And it's perfectly fine to stop playing, especially if they're going trough a moment that they can't provide the quality you expect. You can always come back a while later and judge again. Remember, if you hit rock bottom you can only go up from there.

We're lucky to live in an era where we can have several entertainment options, and even have several wow entertainment options. You can always test those until your concerns are adressed, which i repeat, i agree with some of your points made (throw me into the lions inconditional twow fans, but i'll keep agreeing that some features of the server can be improved).

The beauty of playing this game is, you take constant breaks but sooner or later you come back, either on the same server or on another one. You got wow for years my friend!

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:03 am

Akalix wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Thegreatpurdy wrote:
I request you buiddies make, one day, Lordaeron harbour behind heartglen in WPL.
Btw do not listen to rambling. Community of wow will always complain about something instead of enjoying the game as it is.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:30 am

Lol. OMG. Funniest thread in awhile!

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:40 am

Because it may not be perfect; but devs are trying…
And i am very grateful for the pvp server :) always wanted a classic + pvp server, and the the turtles delivered!
A little tweeks in the future and it has the potential to be epic :)
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:36 am

Countless players had been asking for a PvP server for years, and even more asked now. Yes, not every member of the community agreed.
If you're a PVP er and enjoy it than say so. There's no shame. But to say countless players wanted a PVP server is a stretch.

There was one person who posted "PVP server when" so many times every single day I don't doubt he's a meme now. Unsurprisingly he's nowhere around now. Him a maybe 5 others. All of them nowhere to be seen. I sometimes wonder if you guys really do any critical thinking and even make an attempt at understanding what you say you will do and then not do. Then later antagonize your community that supports you by teasing them and mocking them by saying "oh jeez it's not the end of the world stop posting like it is" such as that Torta admin does.

A lot of people love this server and often you guys seem to just listen to the wheel that is the squeakiest.

How has that worked out for you.
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:55 am

Turtle wow is a free to play server. I've put in over 200 hours and haven't paid a cent, it's incredible.

The moderation on this server is great. There are a bunch of bugs, but the team seems to proactively tackle them with each patch. Gold sellers get yeeted regularly, no gdkps, when a bug happens and it breaks the game the GM's do their best to try and correct the problem quickly. It's not perfect, and it would be nice to have a ingame way to report bugs rather than doing it through github, but the team is clearly trying.

A bunch of balancing changes that you forget about after you've played for a while, that drastically improve the quality of the game.

I'd rather eat a pinecone than give blizzard (the company that has adopted the bots have feelings too mentality) any more money.

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:01 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:57 am
Aw sweet, is this Gnomestabber's alt forum account? Is this a sour grapes schizo rant thread? I love those!
Obviously not. You really think it reads like him?

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:39 pm

Foobs wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:36 am
Countless players had been asking for a PvP server for years, and even more asked now. Yes, not every member of the community agreed.
If you're a PVP er and enjoy it than say so. There's no shame. But to say countless players wanted a PVP server is a stretch.

There was one person who posted "PVP server when" so many times every single day I don't doubt he's a meme now. Unsurprisingly he's nowhere around now. Him a maybe 5 others. All of them nowhere to be seen. I sometimes wonder if you guys really do any critical thinking and even make an attempt at understanding what you say you will do and then not do. Then later antagonize your community that supports you by teasing them and mocking them by saying "oh jeez it's not the end of the world stop posting like it is" such as that Torta admin does.

A lot of people love this server and often you guys seem to just listen to the wheel that is the squeakiest.

How has that worked out for you.
The interest was there and the launch numbers prooved it; too bad sod launched at the same time..and some other private servers… the class balance here didnt help either not gonna lie… but in time pvp realm will grow; as it stands now it has its core dedicated playerbase and thats just fine…

pug and guild raids everyweek; bgs everyday etc…i personally enjoy it more then the overcrowded pve realm
lets not forget pve was sub 500 for years and it was still great.
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Thegreatpurdy

Post by Thegreatpurdy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:29 pm

Maybe I should send an Anonymous tip about turtle wow to
Microsoft.....

I'm sure they would be vary interested to learn about a fan server using their newly acquired IP without authorization

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:05 pm

Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:29 pm
Microsoft.....

I'm sure they would be vary interested to learn about a fan server using their newly acquired IP without authorization
LOL. You think they don't already know?!? That's too funny. Utterly clueless.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:07 pm

Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Microsoft.....

Pfffffff, people called me troll for making posts about the PvP...
This is a real troll.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:27 pm

We support TWoW because there is no alternative.
But...
Several private servers will be released this year, and some of them are Classic plus, so many of us will find a new home.
Class changes, new races, new raids, pvp... we will find these all there.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:50 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:27 pm
We support TWoW because there is no alternative.
But...
Several private servers will be released this year, and some of them are Classic plus, so many of us will find a new home.
Class changes, new races, new raids, pvp... we will find these all there.
Well, that's fine then. Competition is a good thing. It keeps all the server owners on their toes instead of becoming complacent.

In the meantime, perhaps we should be happy that TWoW has brought some much allure to the Classic+ private server scene? You could argue that projects like Epoch are readily 'learning lessons' from TWoW and will greatly benefit from this server population who aren't wholly satisfied with the current/future content.

You want a good example of this? What about the massive influx of Asian players due to an unforeseen action taken by Blizzard? Trust me, it was no coincidence that Epoch dedicated one of their monthly Devblogs (https://www.project-epoch.net/news/lets ... imitations) to how they will handle non-English speaking players on labelled English speaking realms. This sort of debacle would've been the sort of thing that would've been the downfall of Epoch from the NA/EU point of view.

Finally, one thing to appreciate is that if these future servers either struggle to get off the ground or implode, you can bet that TWoW will still be kicking around with a decent population. So, if all else fails, at least you'll have something to return to.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:01 pm

Yes, some of new servers will not allow chinese bots to play, and we will see plaguebloom and rich thorium veins.
My guild died because of this bots.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:07 pm

Thegreatpurdy wrote:
Microsoft.....

Go for it. I'm sure they'll get back to you.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:47 am

..someone's butt is hurt. ô_o

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:54 am

Leave us the f* alone!! Go buy a life....
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am

Even if this is troll post, I will respond, because question is actually very good.
I support turtle wow because they listen to players and work to fix issues as much as possible.
They fixed low level crafting, added a lot of stuff for gearing for 10-19 and generally add cool content which feels very natural to the game.
You should not expect from them too much, though. For example I don't expect from them to fix PvP.
I assume it is not their priority. Other example - some things take long time to fix and can't be fixed immediately. So you need to wait for some time.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:07 pm

Hanzi ban, whatever happened there...

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:39 pm

Borefficz wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:07 pm
Hanzi ban, whatever happened there...
Hanzi characters aren't shown in chat anymore.

Mrbrainhole

Post by Mrbrainhole » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:20 pm

I guess thats because the blizzard has all of those problems and even more shitty stuff, but ask you paying for it. wary_turtle_head

Calli
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Calli » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:25 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:01 pm
Yes, some of new servers will not allow chinese bots to play, and we will see plaguebloom and rich thorium veins.
Yeah impossible to do a reasonable farm, you invest an hour to get barely anything. Those mofos are everywhere one step front of you.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:15 am

Wow another thinly-veiled pala peeveepee QQ thread!
That said, when are the transfers going to be up? I will not bother with max level professions because of SEA

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:21 pm

Calli wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:25 pm
Burunduk wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:01 pm
Yeah impossible to do a reasonable farm, you invest an hour to get barely anything. Those mofos are everywhere one step front of you.
It's not "Chinese bots". It's just ppl camping nodes. There are plenty of NA and EU node campers as well botters. Botting is pretty easy to spot and report for GMs to deal with.