Patch 1.17.1 — Labor and Legacy

Silverleafeon

Re: Patch 1.17.1 — Labor and Legacy

Post by Silverleafeon » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:39 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:34 am
Silverleafeon wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:58 pm
I'm super excited about the Goblin updates! Been wanting to play one for a while. If Undead were to get some updates in the form of less decomposition / no bones showing, that'd be cool too.

Also, any chance Transmogrification might become more accessible to players who are leveling, rather than just being an end game thing?
The "PG" undead skin thing is a great idea! There are actually such undead models made by blizzard themselves for the chinese version of the wow client, we can just copy the model from there perhaps?

Also transmog is quite accessible while leveling if you take the the time to farm the mats needed for the token quests. The trouble is that selling these mats is quite profitable so you might need to choose between poverty or style. Or just play in turtle mode, you get a bunch of transmog tokens every 10 levels.

I think the main problem with transmog currently is that it's bound to the item, so if you change gear often (as when leveling), you will need to spend more tokens. It should instead be slot-bound, which will make everyone less conservative with their tokens.
It will also let us make transmog sets that we can swap between without spending tokens (if we have spent them once to make the set).
I was actually thinking of something a little more custom than the Chinese models. You could actually get those pretty easily with a patch. The thing is, only you'd be able to see them, and I don't think they look that great anyway. Blizzard basically just fixed the issue with a bandaid. Where the bones show on the US models, it looks like a patch of different colored skin was sewn over them on the Chinese models. The places where the bones did stick out are still obvious, because the skin is the wrong color and kinda jagged looking. Plus even though the armor covers the spine, it still protrudes way out. I was thinking more like no decay, like someone who died more recently. Like a really pale human with sunken eyes.

And you hit the nail on the head with Transmog. You're constantly getting new gear while leveling, so transmog is not feasible at all. Being able to transmog the slot would definitely fix the issue, imo.

Halionsi

Re: Patch 1.17.1 — Work in progress!

Post by Halionsi » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:59 am

Torta wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:25 pm
Updated :)
Please make him tamable, all his spells are the same as Wind Serpents, just like you did with the wolf=fox
https://www.wowhead.com/classic/npc=403 ... #abilities
turtle_in_love_head turtle_in_love_head turtle_in_love_head

Wideworld

Post by Wideworld » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:28 am

I think the change for Wolfshead Helm-Leatherworking makes this item a blue garbage. Hope it will be made better.

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:05 pm

Updated.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:05 pm

These rainy screenshots make me wonder if Blackstone Island is "Gilneas with goblins" kind of things.
Hope I'm wrong.

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:29 pm

Is ronae'thalas coming alive anytime soon? or being forgotten forever...

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:04 am

Looks like it's gonna be High Elves vs Blood Elves in the Thalassian Highlands? Blood Elves have propably succumbed to the demonic energys they've tasted during their Outland campaign with Prince Kael'thas.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:48 pm

Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:04 am
Looks like it's gonna be High Elves vs Blood Elves in the Thalassian Highlands? Blood Elves have propably succumbed to the demonic energys they've tasted during their Outland campaign with Prince Kael'thas.
I noticed it too, so, I can see where is Turtle guiding the lore of the Blood Elves here, and it's not a bad idea.
I always believed that the Blood Elves are bad people, contrary to the High Elves that represents all the all Alliance beliefs and values.
But with that, I still want to see a small faction of the Blood Elves with the Silvermoon Remnants.
I never wanted to see them as a playable race.

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:49 pm

So cool :)
I used to play eagerly here.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:23 pm

SEA transfers, hanzi deactivation and blood ring buckle enchant on trade when?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:00 pm

Isvya wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:29 pm
Is ronae'thalas coming alive anytime soon? or being forgotten forever...
It will be introduced in one of the upcoming patches, with the area being expanded to include new questing content and terrain modifications.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:31 pm

I'm excited!

Ollymolly

Post by Ollymolly » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:55 pm

Please return Dryad Illusion to donate shop in 1.17.1!
Dryads are the greatest love of my life. I will pay 50 euros for a dryad donation. turtle_in_love_head

Bandyc

Post by Bandyc » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:59 am

Pak5000 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:49 pm
any plans for survival to blend more with a/other professions ?
survival is weirdly underdeveloped yes

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:40 am

The map of Alah'thalas will be updated?

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:19 am

Dont Nerf armor penetration :(

Dudeface

Post by Dudeface » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:40 am

Geojak wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:52 pm
For people like this, paying 1000g for another bank bag is peanuts
We get it. You haven't been caught for GDKPing yet and feel the need to flex on the forums until you do. Could you move on now?

Paistinpannu

Post by Paistinpannu » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm

Very excited, thank you for bringing us so much good content. You have resurrected my love of WoW.

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:00 pm

Oh man i wanted the original troll berserker face paint job from Warcraft 2 since 2005. Very cool!

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:23 pm

Torta wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:05 pm
The Red Dragonflight stirs in the deeps...
Well, well, well. Grim Batol confirmed?

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:53 pm

Elesion wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:23 pm
Torta wrote:
The entrance is In the game, it's only cuestion of time for them to introduce it, maybe with Twilight Highlands, as I know, Grim Batol was a discarded dung. or Raid from Vanilla.
Same as Outland, same as Quel'thalas.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 12 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:09 pm

Elesion wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:23 pm
Torta wrote:
Nice, I didn't notice that.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Rejectedgalaxy

Post by Rejectedgalaxy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:54 pm

Some of those new customizations look really awesome, especially the undead ones wow. I just hope most if not all of those are not in the cash shop. It says some are unlockable through gameplay, that's cool and all but how can we use them? Would suck to unlock a new customization and only be able to use that on a brand new character and not the one you unlocked the actual item on.

Feignlife

Post by Feignlife » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:51 pm

Whens the fp in the troll's custom area going to be fixed?

Labice

Post by Labice » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:43 am

where do i find the patcher download? Ingame Update just failed...

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:45 am

Labice wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:43 am
where do i find the patcher download? Ingame Update just failed...
Try again. It took me 2 attempts to load patch via client.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Birdmanh20

Post by Birdmanh20 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:50 am

When I ran patch it crashed. I read "tw_update.log" as directed and tried suggestions but they did not work. My fix was to run the normal .exe and not _tweaked.exe from the Twow Patcher.
I thought this fix might be good to add to tw_update.log. I'm excited for this update!
(Or maybe I'm dummy and this is well known but I'm new and it might help others newbs)

Insiderdevi

Post by Insiderdevi » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:34 am

Can we please remove Uther from the new starting zone?
Also, please remove his statue from Alah'Thalas. He has nothing to do with high elven people.
This is almost a bug.

Thanks.

Thelleria

Post by Thelleria » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:38 am

Now that the patch is out and I have played the new Quel'dorei zone, there are a few things I'd like to adress:
  • I personally liked the original WarCraft III Quel'dorei style, so I was hoping for some buildings for the rangers that reflect that style in addition to the TBC Bloodelf buildings for the city elves.
  • I miss the portel from Stormwind to Alah'thalas! It was far more convinient than waiting for not one but two boats! As well as the Quel'dorei mage trainer in Stormwind.
  • Why did we not get a ship directly to Stormwind? Perferebly a Quel'dorei ship ;)
  • I was kind of hoping to get an entire transmog set together in the starting zone yet the items were of different colore variations so I did not get an entire set. I personally did hope to get the sets in Quel'dorei blue, ranger green and royalist red, once I saw that there are different colore variations as quest rewards. Sadly I did not get a singel colore variation compleat.
  • It seems like the daily quest have sadly been removed. Can you tell us why?
  • I somewhat do not like the removal of the mine and the tower from Alah'thalas, since it kind of feels like a little downgrade. Well the mine moved, so thats kind of ok, but the tower vanished compleatly.
  • I personally think the auctioneer might have feelt better on the bazaar instead of an empty house together with the bank.
  • Some workshops seem not paticularly like workshops with all the food on the tabels.
  • I am kind of missing the rangers that were present all over. Yes I like the new Sentinel guards (that look like the Spellbreakters from WarCraft III and the TCB City guards) but a bigger ranger presence will make this feel better. There shud be far more present considering there role in the Quel'dorei forces.
  • Speaking of the rangers, they kind of lack a propper headquater. The target practice aside they seem to have no HQ and seeminly are just standing arond!
  • The habor is kind of strange. I do not get the purpose of the round building at the enterence that does not realy seem to be a building... What is it?
  • I feel like there is a need for propper stables.
  • The "Citadel of the Sun" feels kind of barren now that all the different NPC's have a new home.
  • I personally think the city needs some more living quaters.
  • Is the human paladin a placholder at the mamorial?
  • Beeing able to buy elven gear at the vendors might improve immersion in the zone.
  • Some textures here and there seem to have more of a Bloodelf red texture than the Quel'dorei blue one. Is that intended?
  • I thing there are missing some thalassian unicorns in the zone. As well as some drakehawks.
  • Why does the dragonhawk at the flightmaster not have the original WarCraft III Yellow, red, orrange colore sceem? Perferebly with the blue colored armor ;)
I also have some lore questions:
  • Since this is supposed to be later in the timeline, why is the moonwell nowhere to be found in Alah'thalas? And why are there these degenerated elfs? Or did I missunderstand something in regards of the timeline? Or did the story get changed?
  • Wasn't Alah'thalas on some leylines that provide magical energy? So why can the mana hunger not be delt with this way?
  • Considering that some Quel'dorei were away far from home, for example in the second war on Drenor, are there different dependency levels on magic? I'd assume that the magister class living in Silvermoon with direct access to the Sunwell will be far greater dependent on magic to feed on than the ranger clans that are gennerally close to nature and have been in wars far from home.
  • It seems like you have choosen to have Keal'thas alive in Outland. Did he get injured? (WC3TFT Scurge campain finale, cutsceen when destroying the Bloodelf bace)
  • What about Illidan? Is he allive? Or split in half? (WC3TFT end cinematic Arthas vs Illidan)
  • Are Alleria & Thurallion also alive and in Outland in you version of the lore?
  • You seemingly have choosen not to include Rhonin, who might have relevance here. Why? He is Veresas husband and the father of her children after all.
After all the thnigs I just pointed out and asked, I feel kind of bad. After all the team made an awsome job at bringing us a new zone! Thanks a lot for the hard work! I hope to see more of it in the future.
Last edited by Thelleria on Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insiderdevi

Post by Insiderdevi » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:56 am

Thelleria wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:38 am
Now that the patch is out and I have played the new Quel'dorei zone, there are a few things I'd like to adress:
  • I personally liked the original WarCraft III Quel'dorei style, so I was hoping for some buildings for the rangers that reflect that style in addition to the TBC Bloodelf buildings for the city elves.
  • I miss the portel from Stormwind to Alah'thalas! It was far more convinient than waiting for not one but two boats! As well as the Quel'dorei mage trainer in Stormwind.
  • Why did we not get a ship directly to Stormwind? Perferebly a Quel'dorei ship ;)
  • I was kind of hoping to get an entire transmog set together in the starting zone yet the items were of different colore variations so I did not get an entire set. I personally did hope to get the sets in Quel'dorei blue, ranger green and royalist red, once I saw that there are different colore variations as quest rewards. Sadly I did not get a singel colore variation compleat.
  • It seems like the daily quest have sadly been removed. Can you tell us why?
  • I somewhat do not like the removal of the mine and the tower from Alah'thalas, since it kind of feels like a little downgrade. Well the mine moved, so thats kind of ok, but the tower vanished compleatly.
  • I personally think the auctioneer might have feelt better on the bazaar instead of an empty house together with the bank.
  • Some workshops seem not paticularly like workshops with all the food on the tabels.
  • I am kind of missing the rangers that were present all over. Yes I like the new Sentinel guards (that look like the Spellbreakters from WarCraft III and the TCB City guards) but a bigger ranger presence will make this feel better. There shud be far more present considering there role in Quel'dorei forces.
  • Speaking of the rangers, they kind of lack a propper headquater. The target practice aside they seem to have no HQ and seeminly are just standing arond!
  • The habor is kind of strange. I do not get the purpose of the round building at the enterence that does not realy seem to be a building... What is it?
  • I feel like there is a need for propper stables.
  • The "Citadel of the Sun" feels kind of barren now that all the different NPC's have a new home.
  • I personally think the city needs some more living quaters.
  • Is the human paladin a placholder at the mamorial?
  • Beeing able to buy elven gear at the vendors might improve immersion in the zone.
  • Some textures here an there seem to have more of a Bloodelf red texture than the Quel'dorei blue one. Is that intended?
  • I thing there are missing some thalassian unicorns in the zone. As well as some drakehawks.
  • Why does the dragonhawk at the flightmaster not have the original WarCraft III Yellow, red, orrange colore sceem? Perferebly with the blue colored armor ;)
I also have some lore questions:
  • Since this is supposed to be later in the timeline, why is the moonwell nowhere to be found in Alah'thalas? And why are there these degenerated elfs? Or did I missunderstand something in regards of the timeline? Or did the story get changed?
  • Wasn't Alah'thalas on some leylines that provide magical energy? So why can the mana hunger not be delt with this way?
  • Considering that some Quel'dorei were away far from home, for example in the second war on Drenor, are there different dependency levels on magic? I'd assume that the magister class living in Silvermood with direct access to the Sunwell will be far greater dependent on magic to feed on than the ranger clans that are gennerally close to nature and have been in wars far from home.
  • It seems like you have choosen to have Keal'thas alive in Outland. Did he get injured? (WC3TFT Scurge campain finale, cutsceen when destroying the Bloodelf bace)
  • What about Illidan? Is he allive? Or split in half? (WC3TFT end cinematic Arthas vs Illidan)
  • Are Alleria & Thurallion also alive and in outland in you version of the lore?
  • You seemingly have choosen not to include Rhonin, who might have relevance here. Why? He is Veresas husband and the father of her children after all.
After all the thnigs I just pointed out and asked, I feel kind of bad. After all the team made an awsome job at bringing us a new zone! Thanks a lot for the hard work! I hope to see more of it in the future.
Please pin this.

Blapeuh

Post by Blapeuh » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:49 pm

I am very happy with this update, many thanks to the dev team.