thoughs on arcane + flamestrike build

Joras333

thoughs on arcane + flamestrike build

Post by Joras333 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:07 am

I am 60 and just bought the goblin brainwashing device.
Until now, i safely play with a full ice build. good crits, good aoe with blizzard, slows everything down. solo is easy and dungeons are safe with shield/iceblock/slows

but I created a secondary spec, i only used one point so i can freely reatribute things.

I was toying with the talent calculator and found this build for dungeons/raid, what do you think ?

https://talents.turtle-wow.org/mage/F0536FBL7-5U0IC3

or this variant to keep the ability to PoM+Pyro :
https://talents.turtle-wow.org/mage/F05369BL7-5U0JC3

the idea is to dps with arcane missiles on single targets, with the ability to do juicy flamestrikes for AoE. seems fun.
absolutely not for soloing ince i don't get interupt protection

and in most case i think i would take agro and die after an aoe but that the life of a glass canon i guess !

Anyone tried it before ?

Kingarthas242

Re: thoughs on arcane + flamestrike build

Post by Kingarthas242 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:19 pm

Actually seems decent idea (by no means the meta, but fuck the meta arcane missiles machine gun!!!), got the stun/aoe/mana/threat, I only question the value of master of elements because of Arcane Concentration, but not sure how that interacts with flamestrike (is first crit only? or do multiple crits refund more?)

Although I am sure someone will just say go Blizzard cause of freeze/chill/damage/kiting

although does the ground fire effect of flamestrike have a 10% chance to stun also? or is it only the initial hit?

Joras333

Post by Joras333 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:16 am

thanks for your reply

i used this spec several times in dungeons, it's a bit of a meme spec honestly
it's a fun spec, but flamestrike is an agro magnet
i see myself using blizzard anyways even without any points in frost, it's so superior.

So yeah for dungeons full frost is so much superior that it's difficult to beat.

surprisingly, i have used the arcane spec in raids, and it's better than in dungeons. the mana is not an issue, i can send arcane missiles endlessly, and i can PoM+trinkets+Pyro for a burst.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:28 am

As a tank I always want to move mobs and party away from zone of burning ground. Because mobs never use blizzard against you, but often use flamestrike-like abilities.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.