Devs not responding.

Frantsel

Devs not responding.

Post by Frantsel » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:56 am

Why are the devs not responding to the countless threads about the balancing issues?

Drubarrymooer

Re: Devs not responding.

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:04 am

Just because you put up/commented on a bunch of threads doesn't mean devs are gonna respond immediately. The problems you've commented on aren't really huge issues. They'll get to them eventually if they're as bad as you say.

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:10 am

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:04 am
Just because you put up/commented on a bunch of threads doesn't mean devs are gonna respond immediately. The problems you've commented on aren't really huge issues. They'll get to them eventually if they're as bad as you say.
So u think the ppl left the pvp server so quickly because of SoD only?
Pvp is one major part of WoW, if not the most important part for many players.

My guess is that the devs bit off too much to chew with all the classchanges they made.

I actually think many of them are really bad.

I have a hunter, a rogue and a priest on 60 and I dont like most of them. Most of them are not breaking the game (except of that "filler-shot" for the hunter. Idk why hunters needed this. I think its completely useless and it has a big impact into the whole gamebalance.

Now, these are small changes. Not like the pala or druid changes, which actually break the game.

All this is stuff you dont realize when you start on turtle WoW. I really realized the imbalance of palas when I leveled my second char to 60. Im pretty sure many players feel like this.
I am sad because I like the additional content.

I see threads like this popping up regulary. Right now its a meme. Horde players on telabim say they stay only bc there is no other server atm.

Now just imagine another server pops up. Ogrimmar will be a silent desert.

But sure, if you play only pve, it really doesnt matter. Who care if palas do massive dps in raids. Noone. It just doesnt matter.

I feel the devs took a bit too much in their mouth as they could actually chew.
Last edited by Frantsel on Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:17 am

SoD is such a joke … KEKL
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:17 am

1. Holidays, they said they will rest after the release of the 1.17.1, sure, they maybe will keep doing the maintance, but they are people with a life, they can't stay responding threads 24/7.

2. I need to remember you this is a PvE server, not PvP, they can do some balancing patches but that will NEVER be the main objective.

3. You can do suggestions, but they are not forced to accomplish the desires of every player in the server, I'm sure they have plans, and they only take in count that suggestions that are very usefull.

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:50 am

Sinrek wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:17 am
Nah SoD is actually good since other classes get abilties on par with palas. Here just paladins get abilties so we got classic toolkits against tbc paladins(trueshot doesnt count since its useless in pvp)

Whitewolf76239

Post by Whitewolf76239 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:48 am

The class changes were done with the pve server, years go, to add more RP or lore friendly additions and not for pvp balance. So now that we have a full pvp server we're seeing the delicate and fragile balance out of whack.

Devs aren't going to respond to every single thread and complaint, even less so given the inclination of spergs to flame. But they do pay attention and listen,as we've seen from the recent pvp patch.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:51 am

Rather than responding to each thread, we are observing the forums while making our various changes.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:35 am

Frantsel wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:10 am
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:04 am
So u think the ppl left the pvp server so quickly because of SoD only?
Pvp is one major part of WoW, if not the most important part for many players.

My guess is that the devs bit off too much to chew with all the classchanges they made.

I actually think many of them are really bad.

I have a hunter, a rogue and a priest on 60 and I dont like most of them. Most of them are not breaking the game (except of that "filler-shot" for the hunter. Idk why hunters needed this. I think its completely useless and it has a big impact into the whole gamebalance.

Now, these are small changes. Not like the pala or druid changes, which actually break the game.

All this is stuff you dont realize when you start on turtle WoW. I really realized the imbalance of palas when I leveled my second char to 60. Im pretty sure many players feel like this.
I am sad because I like the additional content.

I see threads like this popping up regulary. Right now its a meme. Horde players on telabim say they stay only bc there is no other server atm.

Now just imagine another server pops up. Ogrimmar will be a silent desert.

But sure, if you play only pve, it really doesnt matter. Who care if palas do massive dps in raids. Noone. It just doesnt matter.

I feel the devs took a bit too much in their mouth as they could actually chew.
indeed once u start playing for a lot longer and see all the classes interact and all the custom gear and stuff you can finally see how broken everything is balance wise...
dont get me wrong i love the pvp server, play every day gonna lvl my 3rd chat to 60... its just the custom content/items are quite overtuned ... not sure what they were thinking with all these changes... especially to druid/paladins...
and no i dont want other classes buffed i want all of them nerfed... the power creep is too big for the game already... and we only in phase 1 lol
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:32 am

Torta surely browsing forums
He is watching us, right now

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:34 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:32 am
Torta surely browsing forums
He is watching us, right now
Then he giggles and logs into his pala. To crush literally everyone in AB in 2 seconds.

Oomentaloo

Post by Oomentaloo » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:32 pm

Springboards wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:50 am
Sinrek wrote:
Nah SoD is actually good since other classes get abilties on par with palas. Here just paladins get abilties so we got classic toolkits against tbc paladins(trueshot doesnt count since its useless in pvp)
Serious questions: Why do you play on Turtle, if there is a better game?
And i don't want to defend the stage of PvP balacing.

I think SoD is crap, and wouldn't play it for free.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:01 pm

Oomentaloo wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:32 pm
Springboards wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:50 am
Sinrek wrote:
Serious questions: Why do you play on Turtle, if there is a better game?
And i don't want to defend the stage of PvP balacing.

I think SoD is crap, and wouldn't play it for free.
My opinion, SoD is simply a recycling with a mod that allows you to do things that logically couldn't, I mean, classes that are only DPS can now be tanks... how stupid.
Also, when they mentioned "New raids" I thought, well, they're going to make new ones or release the ones they discarded in Classic...
But no, they are just dungeons that for no reason are now raids.
SoD to me is a lazy attempt to say..."look, we have Classic+ too"
With Turtle 17.1.0 I said: "Blizzard...they beat you...and they beat you very badly."

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:14 pm

SOD did class changes, the main thing players want, and this is more important for players than everything on TWoW.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:18 pm

New zones, more quests, crafting rework. All was done on Turtle and all is great.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Oomentaloo

Post by Oomentaloo » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:18 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:14 pm
SOD did class changes, the main thing players want, and this is more important for players than everything on TWoW.
That's your opinion not a fact.
I think SoD is played because streamers play it and advertise it with lukewarm criticism.
Will-E made post about the bad performance of caster in PvE and the typical streamer come to the defense of Blizzard...

SoD does what many criticized here with the way Turtle changed Paladin: Powercreep.
They had to nerf some things drastically it was so whacky.
Like Dracarusggotham wrote, they are mainly changing some class things, and altering some PvE environments and add little questlines for runes. We got Gilneas from scratch here.
Blizzard is just a small indie game company.

Criticize the class balance all you want, but don't give me that crap. :D

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:28 pm

Just because the devs do not do exactly what you want and you spam Pvp QQ does not mean they do not respond. Devs respond all the time.

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:19 am

Tbh, these issues are older than my granny. Just a ”Yeah, we see you — we hear ya” is what is asked for here.