Tel’Abim and Nordanaar!

Karrados

Re: Tel’Abim and Nordanaar!

Post by Karrados » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:52 pm

No. There will be no transfers and there will be no copies. It's a Fresh Realm where people will have to start from zero.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:54 pm

Karrados wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:52 pm
No. There will be no transfers and there will be no copies. It's a Fresh Realm where people will have to start from zero.
In that case, I will make a Horde character to make difference with the RP-PvE Server and have some variations in quests, I always haved that tradition in Private Server with multiple server, One Horde, One Alliance, but never mix them.

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:13 pm

Can we get new cosmetics to shop that would allow you to build more themed characters for Tel'Abim PvP?

Would be cool to be a Frostwolf looking shaman without the need to level up enough to have tmogs for that when you wanna stay a twink on certain level zones and just live there.

There are plenty of concepts to go with, starting from orc clans varied by their role(warrior, shaman etc) through trolls, dwarves and so on.

Shamans, armors tied to certain elements, spell graphics and so on. Some good ideas are on Ascension regarding that, however they kinda break the immersion so reworking such to fit Turtle would be great.

Just imagine being this dark iron dwarf in red plates looking like that damn red magma related stuff from MC, or an orc shammy in that wolf head and some wolfish hands and pelts, or some chaotic orc in armors related to them - we got plenty of that(not even speaking about blood/high elf themed stuff!)

It's always cool if you can enhance your character to fit the concept more than just farming max level and then farming that gear, when you can simply be on lower levels, which is especially tempting for a lot of people on new realm.

Reginhart

Post by Reginhart » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:01 am

So if you change name, please remove or replace this stupid, immersion breaking turtle mount. Some most common horse would be much better fo RPPVE server.

Vision0228

Post by Vision0228 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:28 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:32 am
Vision0228 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:44 am
Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:33 am

There ist still quite a Lot of hanzi.
Can't say how many Times i tried to communicate with someone in a quest-area or being whispered at Random with blankspaces. It's frustrsting to Not be able to communicate with people. This is an english Realm! English isn't my native language either, but i adapt and speak/write english! All others should do the same!
As if people understand all other non-English languages, why not ban them all except for English while we're at it?
This is an English Realm, as you said it.
Only Sith deal or think in absolute.
If it's in private between people who understand that language - but on an English realm, when chatting in public ( to me that includes /s and /y ) or chatting to someone you don't know where they're from (/w)- English - Should - Be - The - Standard !
The only exception on that is (and most would agree with me on that): Guild-Advertisment. Of course, there are people on the server who aren't good at english. With an Guild-Ad in their language, they can connect to people of their language.

Or explain to me why to ban all other languages to such extreme: Why should a Dutch not be allowed to talk in his language in a dutch guild or with a countryman in private?
If the chinese would talk chinese to each other in private or their guild: That'd be fine, but They are still chatting in Hanzi in public or are randomly whispering people in hanzi.
I agree, but i'm saying they seem to be banning hanzi in ALL channels including /G /P /Raid, making it difficult for certain player base to communicate properly, to me that feels too much. If this is what it's come to, the rule should apply to other non-English languages as well, for example Russian, haven't u ever been in a group where they won't speak a lick of English except Russian, or been whispered in Russian, and that's somehow tolerable?

I'm just saying, it feels targeted and unfair that's all.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:41 pm

Vision0228 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:28 am
for example Russian, haven't u ever been in a group where they won't speak a lick of English except Russian, or been whispered in Russian, and that's somehow tolerable?
esli ti zabanish russki yazik, tebe eto ne pomozet.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Raldlog

Post by Raldlog » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:42 pm

I feel so sad.
If u banning hanzi in channel of /s,our chinese RP activity will end.

We can use English to communicate with others,but communication in English is different from Role-Play of English.For chinese RP player,Role-Play of English is more difficult.

My friends and i choose Turtle wow beacause it is a RP server,we like Role-play.
Now,servers of Asia realm have no a RP server.

Where can I go?
Maybe I just have a choice,or not. scared_turtle_head

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:16 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:46 pm
It will be possible to make a copy of my main character in the PvE-RP server to Tel'Abim? I still don't like the idea, but if I will give the server a try I don't want to start from 0 in it.
Definately not.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:28 pm

why not :) this is a pirate server and the players can give donations to suport the server. And the server suport the player :)

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:44 pm

I like the decision regarding slower phases and no cross-faction.
Hanzi ban and Multiboxing ban shouldn't even be up to discussion, good to see it implemented, hopefully after a certain period of enabled char transfer to SEA servers, there will be eventually also a regional ban applied on the EU server.

Nordanaar is a fitting name for the original Turtle WoW realm. smiling_turtle

Andu falah dor.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Flyingshroom

Post by Flyingshroom » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:05 am

Hanzi ban and transfers when?

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:08 am

Flyingshroom wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:05 am
Hanzi ban and transfers when?
+++ when?

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:18 am

Damn
I hope turtle devs wont despite any pvp fixes and ideas after this disaster.

Spot

Post by Spot » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:37 pm

Reginhart wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:01 am
So if you change name, please remove or replace this stupid, immersion breaking turtle mount. Some most common horse would be much better fo RPPVE server.
Someone gave me a run speed enchant when I started, and it's been faster then the Turtle mount. I've been outrunning mounts all the way up to level 30. They are starting to gain ground on me, but the turtle mount is so slow, there is no point to the mount at all.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:46 pm

Spot wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:37 pm
Reginhart wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:01 am
Someone gave me a run speed enchant when I started, and it's been faster then the Turtle mount. I've been outrunning mounts all the way up to level 30. They are starting to gain ground on me, but the turtle mount is so slow, there is no point to the mount at all.
All mounts have a base speed of 0.5*your level. So, if you were to acquire a store purchased mount at level 10, it would give you 5% mount speed. Acquiring the Turtle mount at lvl 20 would giv eyou 10% mount speed.

The reason why you'll see people riding the Turtle mount at much faster speeds is because they have bought riding training at either level 40 or 60.

So, at level 40 (with riding training), you'll have the normal 60% mount speed no matter what mount you are using. At 60 (with epic riding training), you'll have 100%.