2023 — December 13

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

2023 — December 13

Post by Torta » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:55 pm

• Gaston has been reintegrated into the game.
  • Destroyed items restored by Gaston will now be soulbound.
  • You can no longer loot Favor of Erennius, Cache of the Firelord, and the Four Horsemen Chest if you weren't in the instance when the chest spawned.
  • Players on temporary flying mounts will now be dismounted upon being teleported.
  • Added missing Ironbark Protectors.
  • Made changes or fixes to the following items: Veil of Nightmare, Quel'dorei Guardian's Warhammer, Revantusk Watcher's Maul, Quel'dorei Ranger's Spear, Revantusk Shadow Hunter's Striker, Mantle of the Fallen Prophet, Ebonmere Vambracers, Foul Effigy, Chromatic Gauntlets.
  • Assigned skinning loot to worgen in Gilneas.
  • Nerfed Thorn Valley spell power scaling to the ground.
  • Dishonorable kills will now be given for killing players that are grey to you, not for killing civilian NPCs. Rejoice, war criminals!
  • You can no longer use trinkets that summon guardian pets in Blood Ring.
  • Mana will no longer be consumed for spell casts before the battleground has started.
  • Health, mana, and soul shards are now restored to full upon leaving a battleground.
  • Removed the duplicate spawn of Magus Tirth.
  • Fixed the mana cost reduction amount of Improved Shadowform.
  • Removed incorrect drop sources for Idol of Brutality.
  • Fixed the Large Solid Chest in the Dreadmaul Rock cave.
  • Fixed player hitbox when using Dream Panther skin.
  • The pet summoned by Harvest Repear Kit will now always attack the same target as you.
  • Added missing aggro texts to the pets summoned by Barov Peasant Caller.
  • Removed on-kill reputation from Risen Lackeys.
For more information on the changes coming this week, please refer to the announcement thread here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12138

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Re: 2023 — December 13

Post by Xudo » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:37 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:55 pm
  • Dishonorable kills will now be given for killing players that are grey to you, not for killing civilian NPCs. Rejoice, war criminals!
  • Mana will no longer be consumed for spell casts before the battleground has started.
  • Health, mana, and soul shards are now restored to full upon leaving a battleground.
Cool changes. Thank you for good work!
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:41 pm

>Mana will no longer be consumed for spell casts before the battleground has started.

Thank you!!!

- A priest

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:42 pm

Torta wrote:
  • Dishonorable kills will now be given for killing players that are grey to you, not for killing civilian NPCs. Rejoice, war criminals
This might be a problem in lower BG brackets as you will be in a BG with grey players if the lower levels join.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:06 pm

Torta wrote:
  • Removed the duplicate spawn of Magus Tirth.
Good job, it's what we needed! satisfied_turtle

Elisleris
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Elisleris » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:28 pm

Grizb37 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:42 pm
Torta wrote:
  • Dishonorable kills will now be given for killing players that are grey to you, not for killing civilian NPCs. Rejoice, war criminals
This might be a problem in lower BG brackets as you will be in a BG with grey players if the lower levels join.
It looks that it is not a problem. According to wowhead:
Players need to be within 11 levels of you (ie. not having their level displayed as gray) to count for an HK.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:33 pm

Elisleris wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:28 pm
Grizb37 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:42 pm
Torta wrote:
It looks that it is not a problem. According to wowhead:
Players need to be within 11 levels of you (ie. not having their level displayed as gray) to count for an HK.
Players of lvl 10 look grey for lvl 19 indeed.
It is good idea to narrow low level battleground brackets anyway. Normal players of lvl 10 only occupy the spot instead of more prepared character. Twinks of lvl 10 are nearly nonexistent.
10-19 should be split to 10-15 and 16-19 (and 20-25 and 26-29) or just left as 14-19 (24-29 etc) with gaps between battleground brackets.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Grippsenn

Post by Grippsenn » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:38 pm

Torta wrote:
How will this work if you get attacked by a player who is gray to you?

Example:
LvL 60 is in The Hinterlands helping guildies doing the elite quests. All of them are in warmode. Because the elites in Jinthalor hit hard, the 60 gets low and a lvl 45 (who is gray for the 60) attacks the 60. Now if the 60 kills the 45, does the 60 still get a dishonorable kill?

Or say your in warmode as a 60, 50 or whatever and get attacked by someone who is gray. Are you able to defend yourself without getting a dishonorable kill?

If yes, this change should be put on hold until further notice.
Last edited by Grippsenn on Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:46 pm

Restoring soul shards is ezmode gaming
Mana will no longer be consumed for spell casts before the battleground has started.
Even there horde priests wont buff.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:34 pm

Reworked Totem of Flowing Water when?
25 mana return is useless.

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:59 pm

Torta wrote:
  • Gaston has been reintegrated into the game.

😄

Snnail

Post by Snnail » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:48 am

where is Gaston then?

Elisleris
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Elisleris » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:49 am

He is in Ratchet, near bank.
But he unable restore any item for me.
He also did not learn how to restore deleted more than a year ago belt and bracers from Tier 0.5.
Sad.

Flyingshroom

Post by Flyingshroom » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:53 am

Elisleris wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:49 am
He is in Ratchet, near bank.
But he unable restore any item for me.
He also did not learn how to restore deleted more than a year ago belt and bracers from Tier 0.5.
Sad.
"You do not have any items that can be restored" lol

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:53 am

very good job Turtles thank u x1000
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:31 am

Amazing changes, specially the pvp ones! Just one concern:

Dishonorable kills will now be given for killing players that are grey to you, not for killing civilian NPCs. Rejoice, war criminals!

This could be abused. I would say this should only happen if you attack grey players that did not attack you first.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:51 pm

Krotux wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:31 am
Amazing changes, specially the pvp ones! Just one concern:

Dishonorable kills will now be given for killing players that are grey to you, not for killing civilian NPCs. Rejoice, war criminals!

This could be abused. I would say this should only happen if you attack grey players that did not attack you first.

Read the patch notes again. They disabled DKs completely until they rework the system.

Manletow
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Manletow » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:18 pm

Krotux wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:31 am
Read the patch notes again. They disabled DKs completely until they rework the system.
I also erroneously thought this.
But they said "later this week" not "immediately" so as of *right now* you will Lose Honor/Rank from killing greys.

I killed one and found out the hard way. -___-
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Koronisz

Post by Koronisz » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:04 pm

Amazing changes for blood ring. Thank you!!

Spot

Post by Spot » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:16 am

Aw man. I liked the idea that I could just farm NPC's to get dishonor ranks. Now I have to farm players? I like the titles. Dishonored is a cool title, but I honoestly don't really want to kill lower level players to keep it. :( Could we have a repeatable quest or somethin? xD Like "Someone's Poisoned the Waterhole!" Quest where we go do dishonorable things like poisoning the waterhole. lol I don't know, I'm just messin around. But I do like the Dishonored title, hate ta have ta lose it.

I got it for killing the cooking trainer in the Barrens. Right in front of her kid! It was sooo dishonorable. :P

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:28 am

Spot wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:16 am
Aw man. I liked the idea that I could just farm NPC's to get dishonor ranks. Now I have to farm players? I like the titles. Dishonored is a cool title, but I honoestly don't really want to kill lower level players to keep it. :( Could we have a repeatable quest or somethin? xD Like "Someone's Poisoned the Waterhole!" Quest where we go do dishonorable things like poisoning the waterhole. lol I don't know, I'm just messin around. But I do like the Dishonored title, hate ta have ta lose it.

I got it for killing the cooking trainer in the Barrens. Right in front of her kid! It was sooo dishonorable. :P
Think you might have misread the notes.

""Dishonorable Kills have been removed, pending a larger scale rework.""

This is from the link provided at the bottom of Torta's post.

Spot

Post by Spot » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:26 am

Jc473 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:28 am
Spot wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:16 am

Think you might have misread the notes.

""Dishonorable Kills have been removed, pending a larger scale rework.""

This is from the link provided at the bottom of Torta's post.
Ah, I was going by the part of the OP's post that read, "Dishonorable kills will now be given for killing players that are grey to you, not for killing civilian NPCs. Rejoice, war criminals!"

Either way, I hope I can at least try to hold on to my rank, or will that be removed as well?

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:43 am

Spot wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:26 am
Ah, I was going by the part of the OP's post that read, "Dishonorable kills will now be given for killing players that are grey to you, not for killing civilian NPCs. Rejoice, war criminals!"

Either way, I hope I can at least try to hold on to my rank, or will that be removed as well?
I'm not sure why you're asking that question. Have you recently been on a murdering spree of low level players this week or something?

I'm a bit unsure on when some of these changes are releasing. To be safe, I would wait until 20th December for the patch.