did anyone ever get help by a GM?

Ninetyone

did anyone ever get help by a GM?

Post by Ninetyone » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:33 pm

im always jsut getting 1 sentence answers and mostly its :file a bug report oder we can't help you with that? i mean my last report i did not get the bloodsail bucaneer reputation because of a bug after the quest red flag over the sea, so i can not talk to them. so instead of the gm helping me like resetting the quest or giving me neutral rep he tells me they know about the bug and i should file a report. even if i do it, what is the problem with helping me? the time the gm would need to fix my problem compared to the time with filing a report and maybe get a bugfix next patch is like months?!

Darktifa

Re: did anyone ever get help by a GM?

Post by Darktifa » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm

ask for your money back
oh wait
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Ninetyone

Post by Ninetyone » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:46 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm
ask for your money back
oh wait
good argument, how entitled of me to ask for a functoning customer service because the game is free

Paw

Post by Paw » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:10 pm

On a scale 1-10. It is 5.

Lasershadow

Post by Lasershadow » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:38 am

Well one time a GM helped my main toon when I got bugged at the FP point in Morgan's Vigil. The gryphon sent me flying under the ground all the way to beyond the north of Alah'thalas and the GM helped me by teleporting me back to the FP point I was supposed to be stopped at.
Another time during an event in Booty Bay that GM hosting said event turned me into a blue Makrura along with others. That was a funday event.

Pepesmite
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Pepesmite » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:43 am

Ninetyone wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:33 pm
im always jsut getting 1 sentence answers and mostly its :file a bug report oder we can't help you with that? i mean my last report i did not get the bloodsail bucaneer reputation because of a bug after the quest red flag over the sea, so i can not talk to them. so instead of the gm helping me like resetting the quest or giving me neutral rep he tells me they know about the bug and i should file a report. even if i do it, what is the problem with helping me? the time the gm would need to fix my problem compared to the time with filing a report and maybe get a bugfix next patch is like months?!
Greetings!
First and foremost, it's important to understand that GMs are not responsible for fixing bugs or quests. Their role primarily revolves around moderating gameplay. Bug fixes, on the other hand, are handled by the server developers. It's worth noting that bug resolution doesn't occur immediately after submitting a ticket; it takes some time for the process to be completed. In such cases, GMs are there to assist you by providing information or guiding you towards a solution. This is why the GM directed you to the bug tracker. By submitting a bug report or adding a comment to an existing one, the issue will be addressed and resolved in the next update, which typically occurs every Wednesday. If there was a solution that didn't require visiting the bug tracker, the GM would have provided you with all the necessary information through private messages. I hope this explanation clarifies how bug handling works.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:15 pm

The GMs on Turtle are wonderful, they always reply quickly and offer a solution. In many interactions they were also kind and humorous, a far cry from Blizzard GMs! It is because of them that I have donated a few times. Thank you GMs of Turtle! :D

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:11 pm

Depends on the GM that happens to answer your ticket really, some are great, some not so much.

Bless18

Post by Bless18 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:16 pm

Yes, me. They already restore my character in few minute. Thank You very much guys :)

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:09 pm

Literally every single time I opened a ticket, it was answered and dealt with within minutes. Except during dead hours when the staff is sleeping.

Trangoul

Post by Trangoul » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:45 pm

I was not personally involved, but I remember the following situation:
A player was complaining on a public chat that GM kicked him out of the game during combat and his HC character got killed. Apparently he requested a service that required the character to be offline (maybe it was a name change?). GM responded within minutes and publicly apologised for not checking the character's combat status before, then proceeded with a fix. I don't know if that character was finally restored, though, but still impressive for the GM for his response.