Buff Deep Assassination

Bloodline1x9

Buff Deep Assassination

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:43 am

The income for the Vigor talent is not popular in both pvp and pve. It is very weak compared to Blade Flurry or Preparation. I see two options for solving the problem.

1. Vigor should give not only +10 maximum energy but -10 energy cost for Backstab. So it will be 50 instead of 60.
2. Vigor add active skill Cloak of Shadows just like in TBC. So CoS will be privilege only deep Assassination spec.

Anadrol

Re: Buff Deep Assassination

Post by Anadrol » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:50 pm

I think the same, the last assassin talent is rubbish, your suggestions are very good, I would also add the possibility of being able to backstab from the front with reduced damage (-15% for example). Anyone would say that this would be OP but you have to think that you also lose all the good subtlety talents.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:45 pm

Anadrol wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:50 pm
I think the same, the last assassin talent is rubbish, your suggestions are very good, I would also add the possibility of being able to backstab from the front with reduced damage (-15% for example). Anyone would say that this would be OP but you have to think that you also lose all the good subtlety talents.
Using BACKstab in FRONT of enemy is weird stuff. You could use SInister strike to do damage in front. Less damage, less energy. You could end up with same -15% damage per energy compared to backstab.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:47 am

This damage reduction is not proportional, the damage of BS is 280% of weapon damage, SS is base damage of the weapon, added to the fact that the gameplay of daggers is based on crits, equipped with MC without buffs your crits BS will be about 1k-1.1k while SS probably won't hit 500

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:32 pm

Deep assassination should focus on poison or seal of fates(for dagger raiders). Maybe one talent that turn SK into a shiv variant with envenom as last talent.

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:19 am

Replace Vigor with (or at least put it next to Vigor with Vigor being a prereq):

Envenom Rank 1
35 Energy Melee Range
Instant
Requires Rogue
Requires Melee Weapon
Finishing move that consumes your Deadly Poison doses on the target and deals instant poison damage. One dose is consumed for each combo point:
1 dose: (144 * 1 + Attack power * 0.03) damage
2 doses: (144 * 2 + Attack power * 0.06) damage
3 doses: (144 * 3 + Attack power * 0.09) damage
4 doses: (144 * 4 + Attack power * 0.12) damage
5 doses: (144 * 5 + Attack power * 0.15) damage

Making poison rogue a viable build.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:15 am

Vigor is no doubt one of the worst 31 point talents in the game. Its made even worse with the total lack of sinergy with the spec it is capping out (Assasination does tend to consume energy in multiples of 20. Meaning the 10 extra energy vigor provides only become useful after the first eviscerate has been used and Relentless strikes have procced (or even later if you use other finishers or have bad luck on relentless strikes)

So it requires easily 10-15 seconds in combat before rewarding you with 10 energy. And that's it. Adrenaline rush on the other hand rewards you an average of 150 energy in a 15 second window. Sure the later one has cd but you need 15 fights with vigor in a 5 min timeframe to break even.

But the suggestions from OP here are baffling to me. Seal fate dagger is a viable spec in classic for both PvE and PvP applications (particularly when combined with rogues t2.5 set). Now given Preparation is a strong competetor to vigor, but Cloak of shadows AND an ernergy discount on of 16% on your main dmg dealing ability is laughably good.

The envenom route is more interesting, as it buffs the spec for pve only, as deadly poison in PvP has its own drawbacks. But this is anti sinergistic with the spec that specs into better eviscerate.

I think Vigor should either just give 20 extra energy, so the extra energy can be used even in shorter engagements, or also increase the energy regeneration by 10%. That would give it a small boost in power for long drawn out pve encounters. Fitting the name of the ability.

Kobiq

Post by Kobiq » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:39 am

I greatly agree. There can be no harm in simply buffing underdog specs, since other mainstream specs are still more powerful anyway (same goes with arcane mage, discipline priest etc.). Should be done ages ago in TWOW, and also as pointed assasination SHOULD be about the poisons (sublety maybe bleeds?).

Enceebe

Post by Enceebe » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:14 pm

Mativh wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:19 am
Replace Vigor with (or at least put it next to Vigor with Vigor being a prereq):

Envenom Rank 1
35 Energy Melee Range
Instant
Requires Rogue
Requires Melee Weapon
Finishing move that consumes your Deadly Poison doses on the target and deals instant poison damage. One dose is consumed for each combo point:
1 dose: (144 * 1 + Attack power * 0.03) damage
2 doses: (144 * 2 + Attack power * 0.06) damage
3 doses: (144 * 3 + Attack power * 0.09) damage
4 doses: (144 * 4 + Attack power * 0.12) damage
5 doses: (144 * 5 + Attack power * 0.15) damage

Making poison rogue a viable build.
Totally agree Vigor is useless.
Assassasination in classic is mostly about Finishing moves.
To be honest I would all ready be happy if Vigor would be changed into something like reduces the cost of all finishing moves by 15 and the 2 poison talents be turned into one and be prerq to your Envenom Rank 1.