Turn World Bosses Into Instances

Ayesha
Has liked: 1 time

Turn World Bosses Into Instances

Post by Ayesha » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:18 pm

My suggestion is to allow more players experience world boss content by turning world bosses into Onyxia or Emerald Sanctum type of Instances.

Right now there is one active coalition that does World Bosses. You can have access to world bosses if you agree to their loot rules. This sounds like a monopoly.

World bosses were designed for PVP environment, not PVE. There is no PVP for world bosses, the only competition is being able to recruit enough players who will do this content, and older guilds have an advantage in this regard.

My suggestion is to create an instance with random rotating world bosses like the ZG Edge of Madness event to allow more guilds from different time zones as well as PUGs enjoy this content and set their own loot rules. There will be more choice in terms of what community, leadership and loot rules you want to see when doing this content.

Heimdallr

Re: Turn World Bosses Into Instances

Post by Heimdallr » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:40 am

Well...I play here for a year or two now....I only once saw people gathering for world boss.

I've asked why no one does them and apparently they do. They just got warlocks that summ people who farm them all the time and basically made them their private. Since PVE Realm has no PVP force....you can't really stop them so we got total injustice when certain players are privileged to do them.

It's double sad, because some of these world bosses have really cool loot not only that would be normally used to pump up your char, but they also give nice additions to some concept builds

Algeri420

Post by Algeri420 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:51 am

Thats stupidiest Idea I heard this year.
thats the whole point of WORLD bosses to be in WORLD, wanna have cool stuf they drop? cooperate with other people. ohhhh u play on pve noob server? wow vanillia was designed to be played on pvp server, not pve borefest.

Fresharugula

Post by Fresharugula » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:01 pm

World boss mafia on this server is oppressive. It’s a damn shame when it’s really not even worth trying to get them down because you’ll never get a group together for one AND be able to get a tag on one.

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:33 am

As I've mentioned, if you take PVP aspect from the world, you got mafia farming. It's not even worth because you will never get it. Sad reality of exclusive club you can't anyhow compete

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:12 pm

Good idea, +1

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:28 pm

World bosses were designed as World PvP encounter. Making them pure PvE encounter without that competition factor will make them dull and boring.

How about "turn world bosses to battlegrounds"?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:37 pm

Xudo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:28 pm
World bosses were designed as World PvP encounter. Making them pure PvE encounter without that competition factor will make them dull and boring.

How about "turn world bosses to battlegrounds"?
They already tried on Dark Reaver where being in the zone would flag you.
The issue is that WPvP doesn't work on a server with crossfaction grouping but without FFA faction PvP. You just get half of one group only being able to attack half of the other while the other half is healing.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:11 pm

I really upvote this idea. One coalition of guilds dominating world boss farming shouldn't even exist and only breed toxic culture. Please do something.

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:41 pm

As i told before, world bosses should respawn each hour, but their loot could lock for each player for a week/month.
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:56 pm

An example of why vanilla immersion and focus on levelling/open world pve works better when such a fundamental aspect of the franchise as faction conflict isn't cut out from the game.

Open World content should if anything be expanded, I'd love to see as many of the instanced encounters brought into the "real" open world as possible, perhaps even new ones.

The solution I propose is tagging world bosses gets your raid group automatically flagged for pvp.

Yes even with all the crossfaction options.
Its the only way to have proper open world pve, by embracing all aspects of the game as they were supposed to.

No players and mobs... but orcs and gnolls and humans and harpies, all with their unique goals, allies, enemies etc, and we are one of them, no special treatment, but real immersion.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB